• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: zmbabwe on December 29, 2015, 08:10:21 AM
The Mutual Broadcasting System was a major radio network for most of the 20th century.  I think Leo chose the name Mutual Broadcast Network so people will associate his operation with the golden age of radio.

I think that Bruce Williams (voted at one time as the #6 top talk host of all time) and his Money Talk program was on the Mutual Broadcast Network in the 1990s.

Yeah, Leo Assthiefcrapped

Soylentblue

Quote from: Faustina on January 30, 2016, 02:38:49 PM
Leo Ashcraft, as some of you may know, slammed many of the Art Bell Facebook groups with links to article after article (that he considered alternative/paranormal news).  It was very annoying and I banned him from my group. 

On Jan. 22 Leo posted this on his FB page:

Leo Ashcraft
January 22 at 12:45pm ·
"Well - thank you all for sharing an liking my articles from Dark Thirty News. The problem is over the past few weeks is that very few are clicking the link to read the actual articles. Without people reading the articles, we dont get any traffic and therefore not paid. So unfortunately as a result, I will cease production of new Dark Thirty News articles and focus on something else. If you like something - support it - or it goes away. Thanks to all those that supported the online magazine through December."

(Proof he was posting all those articles for money, or an attempt at making money, and not in the spirit of 'sharing the enthusiasm').

So Leo was a spammer all along.

Thank God for adblock and all such software.

If people want to monetize something don't try and force me to buy what you are selling.

PrairieGhost

It takes time to build a following online. Just because you put a website together and an online radio station doesn't mean people are going to come flocking to your site. You have to put the hours into it to build organic traffic. Spamming your site/network all over the place is the worst thing you can do to your business. You have to build slowly over time and have content that keeps people coming back. Content is king.

Faustina

Quote from: PrairieGhost on January 31, 2016, 04:26:06 PM
It takes time to build a following online. Just because you put a website together and an online radio station doesn't mean people are going to come flocking to your site. You have to put the hours into it to build organic traffic. Spamming your site/network all over the place is the worst thing you can do to your business. You have to build slowly over time and have content that keeps people coming back. Content is king.

I couldn't agree more.  I bounced him from my FB group when he kept spamming it with his so-called alternative news stories.  He lost right there, coz it's a good group with 800+ people (who are regular online radio listeners) where he could have publicized his network.  Not very smart.

Faustina

Latest from Leo.  He posted the following to FB just a couple of minutes ago;

Leo Ashcraft shared Mutual Radio News's post.
Just now ·

Mutual Radio News
Just now ·
"In September 2015  Mutual Radio News was sold to TruNews from Rick Wiles. Mr. Wiles decided to end both Trunews and Mutual Radio News. While its still unclear why this decision was made, it has left over 200 radio affiliates stranded for news.

I founded Mutual Radio News in early 2015. It grew quickly, but I had too many irons in the fire and was experience health problems related to my previous heart attacks at the end of 2014. I was unable to find reliable help and still continue the high standard I require. Trunews, founded in 1999 with over 100 existing affiliates seemed to be the perfect option for continuing the Mutual Radio News service. Unfortunately, for whatever reason Wiles ran Mutual radio news for three months and suddenly pulled the plug on both services.

Now things have been changing rapidly. Since leaving Art Bell's program shortly before he quit himself, I have been developing a long form talk radio network which has been successful. This network has developed into an opportunity to restart the news service. Jeremy Scott and his spouse are moving to Texas at the end of February. He currently hosts the main Show - Dark Thirty Radio. He brings many years of experience with him from KXL in portland and will also head the news service. In addition his connections from the Portland radio market will assist him with producing the daily news service.

Sometime in early March, the news service will return! The service will provide the 1,3 and five minute commercial and non-commercial versions as before. There will be several voices on these casts, including mine.

At this point - I am reaching out to you as a former affiliate in hopes you will consider using the service. Your response will help us gauge steps we need to take to get this going again and move closer to an official launch date.

If you still have the download service installed - leave it in place. You will likely need to make no changes once we are back in operation!

I will update you soon on our progress. And thank you for your support!"

Faustina

Leo wrote, " I have been developing a long form talk radio network which has been successful."

That's the Mutual Broadcast Network, which is down to 2 shows after having 5 at one point.  Smh.  The guy is delusional.

the_peeve

Go to the Dark Thirty fb page.

On February 17 a guest bailed out at last moment. And for some reason they posted  a skype conversation. Basically the guest waited too long and was feeling tired.

Funny stuff. Norio Hayakaw I would like to buy you a beer just for that.

Faustina

Quote from: the_peeve on February 19, 2016, 10:58:10 PM
Go to the Dark Thirty fb page.

On February 17 a guest bailed out at last moment. And for some reason they posted  a skype conversation. Basically the guest waited too long and was feeling tired.

Funny stuff. Norio Hayakaw I would like to buy you a beer just for that.

Sounds amusing.

Sean92008

Bump - Notice all the "0" comment "news articles.  Leo Asshat is a trip down memory lane...

http://leoashcraft.com/http://leoashcraft.com/

bellNwhistle

OH yeah, the guy who couldn't pronounce words.
It was great while it lasted.  8)

LOL

albrecht

I don't know. The web is confusing about his latest activities. I guess still around and/or/maybe associated with some new ventures along with the psychic lawyer or some ghost peoples? Idk. But this thread has some funny comments and vids about Norry and such also.

https://www.reddit.com/r/coasttocoastam/comments/pga0lw/the_official_news_service_of_leo_ashcraft_has/