• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150901 - Patrick Burns - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 01, 2015, 09:20:02 PM

eddie dean

Quote from: WOTR on September 01, 2015, 11:35:41 PM
No real arguement.  It's not great.  However, you have to give Art credit for finding new people and not just trolling the overfished waters of coast guests.  A Scottish scientist was a gamble that paid off.  This one is not coming up great.  Still not horrible, and I appreciate him looking at alternatives and taking risks.

+1

Shadow Millie

Quote from: AL5J on September 01, 2015, 11:40:37 PM
The worst day with Art Bell is a gazillion times better than the best of C2C with ZzzzOory.

Agreed

AppealPlay

Quote from: AL5J on September 01, 2015, 11:40:37 PM
The worst day with Art Bell is a gazillion times better than the best of C2C with ZzzzOory.

This.  So much completely agree.

Rocky4228

These all sound like live people standing 20 feet from the recorder.

Tapkaara

Sounds like a smoke detector with a low battery.

Audiophile recommending stuff for both Patrick and everyone who's not listening with good headphones

Audio recorder: best choice is a TASCAM dr-05.  If you can't afford that, literally any other digital voice recorder that records in .wav would be a better option than recording on a blackberry.  Holy shit.

Headphones: I'm wearing a pair of Koss KSC75s I got for about 12 bucks off Amazon.  These things are an incredible amount of bang for your buck and are incredibly portable.  Portapros are pretty good too.  If you want to drop a ton of money on headphones, get some AudioTechnica ATH-M50s or M30s.

Ok fine try the guests out...but I sort of feel like this guy....

Uncle Duke

Quote from: AL5J on September 01, 2015, 11:35:08 PM
It's Hoagie Time somewhere!

Now hold on....another hughly respected member of the Bellgab family has the rights to green chicks!

Oleus

Giving up on this one. This guy is just pissing me off now. 

I'll be able to stick with it later tomorrow night. 

Just started listening, not really a subject I am interested in though.

I see everyone hates this guy on here.

Juan Cena

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 01, 2015, 11:36:05 PM

The inventor of the horse-face mask either needs to be awarded the Nobel Prize or put on trial for crimes against humanity. Possibly both.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 01, 2015, 11:39:55 PM
That's right.  The callers are supposed to ask a question of the guest.  I was going to talk about my ghost experience.  Well, Hmmmmmmmm.  What should I ask?  Oh, yeah.  "Hey Art.  Are you really buying this shit?"   How abou that question? ;D

You do that and I'll pay your cell phone bill for the month.

This guy is doing a good job contradicting himself.

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 01, 2015, 11:41:12 PM
lol ask why they always speak right next to his voice and why they don't say more meaningful things? or sentences too.

I WANT RECIPES FROM THE OTHER SIDE dern it
Halloween recipes would be cool! ;)

AL5J

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 01, 2015, 11:43:07 PM
Now hold on....another hughly respected member of the Bellgab family has the rights to green chicks!

Roger that!

The guest is getting nervous.  I think he's reading this thread.

AppealPlay

I think Art's pissed about the number of negative Wormhole messages he's gotten.  I know I sent one calling this guy a complete huckster.

RoseGirl

k...here's something weird. Just thinking...what if people are actually somehow recording their own unconscious thoughts?

WOTR

Could one of the problems be that things are overly tech driven now?  Knowing that he cleans them up and masters them (how is this different than Chunga) makes an automatic skeptic out of me.  I long for the days of the GIS and tape recorders.  The more that something has been mastered and tweeked the more I question if the "right" filters were applied to get the end product.

I'll try it myself, with better sound equipment.  There's a cemetary just down the street a few blocks.  I'll grab my sansa clip plus and make it happen.

Oleus

The tunein radio chat which is usually forgiving is pretty much on the same page as we are here.  This is utter unentertaining crap.

Audio and technology expert citing 2009 built-in audio recording program on Blackberry to be the best eh?