• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150826 - Marcus Hutter, A.I. - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 26, 2015, 09:49:15 PM

Chronaut

"Intelligence.  Is.  Organized intelligence."  This guy is bonkers.

AL5J

trostol

so far on this cooking show..they have made a cake..and cookies...dammit

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 27, 2015, 12:49:07 AM
oh poor Gumby. Do strong women make your pee-pee little? So sad.
Only phony stanky cunts like yew...LoL
Twat.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: WOTR on August 27, 2015, 12:47:34 AM
I remember hearing that they think they will be able to "destroy" traumatic memories soon.  So if you are a soldier PTSD can be a thing of the past.  In one way, that is good.  In another, if you can do really rotten things and not "feel" afterwards, I don't know that is healthy either.

AI would be a double edge sword in that perfect recall would be the "norm" which would change us, so is deleting what you don't like or don't want to recall...

Yep. If we are indeed the collective sum of our memories and that's it, then shit's about to change for the human race. If we are supernaturally something else, a soul, then shit's about to change for the human race because when you don't die then spirituality goes obsolete.

trostol

Quote from: AL5J on August 27, 2015, 12:50:03 AM
I'm more of a Linda Ronstadt man myself.

i'm more of a Cristina Scabbia  kinda guy

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on August 27, 2015, 12:48:42 AM
she'd be more interesting if she was Wiccan..but she isnt lol

I never knew!  These chicks adopted this witch thing or maybe gypsy...I can't recall...20 years ago.  UGH!  :-\

RoseGirl

Quote from: trostol on August 27, 2015, 12:51:05 AM
i'm more of a Cristina Scabbia  kinda guy

Oh and Janis Joplan....can't leave her out.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 27, 2015, 12:50:51 AM
Yep. If we are indeed the collective sum of our memories and that's it, then shit's about to change for the human race. If we are supernaturally something else, a soul, then shit's about to change for the human race because when you don't die then spirituality goes obsolete.
Man. Deep...dolphins dive deep, mang...

AL5J

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 27, 2015, 12:52:14 AM
Oh and Janis Joplan....can't leave her out.

I was born in the same hospital that Janis Joplin was. St. Mary's hospital in Port Arthur Texas.

Robert

Art just pulled a Jorch: "whinny it down" instead of "winnow it down".

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 27, 2015, 12:48:26 AM
Again, you're talking about memory. Alzheimer's affects the brain's ability to function. That's different from the idea of what could be called a "soul."

Also the ability of preserving the body via biotech is dependent on outside forces. The ability to prolong life only exists if the biotech continues to exist or is able to be maintained.

ALZ maybe like a broken hard drive, the information maybe still there, just not retrievable.

norland2424

Quote from: ShayP on August 27, 2015, 12:51:33 AM
I never knew!  These chicks adopted this witch thing or maybe gypsy...I can't recall...20 years ago.  UGH!  :-\

i hope they where good in the sack atleast to put up with that kind bs  ;D

trostol

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 27, 2015, 12:53:39 AM
ALZ maybe like a broken hard drive, the information maybe still there, just not retrievable.

sounds more liek fragmented then broken

AL5J

Quote from: ShayP on August 27, 2015, 12:52:27 AM
Me too.  8)

Anything she did before 1975 is gold. Afterword, it's OK. Even the classical stuff she did with Nelson Riddle

Quote from: Chronaut on August 27, 2015, 12:45:30 AM
She just needed the love of a real man.  The male species failed her.  Then she wrote Leather and Lace.

I wasn't there for her ...so she dabbled with Lindsey Buckingham. I screwed up.

Gassy Man

His advice on the doctorate -- though perhaps his blunt honesty might come across as friendly arrogance -- is correct.  People who think a doctorate is just another degree have a whole world of hurt waiting for them (and might at the master's level, too).

ShayP

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 27, 2015, 12:55:42 AM

I wasn't there for her ...so she dabbled with Lindsey Buckingham. I screwed up.
Well...then you should agree with amy assessment.  ;D