• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Metron2267

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 20, 2018, 05:13:23 PM
What are the logistics of doing a podcast from prison? Does he have a cell phone or is he using the prison payphone? Does he have any outside assistance for talking to guests/taking callers? The mind boggles

And why didn't Martha Stewart get that deal? ???

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 20, 2018, 05:13:23 PM
What are the logistics of doing a podcast from prison? Does he have a cell phone or is he using the prison payphone? Does he have any outside assistance for talking to guests/taking callers? The mind boggles
I think he is using pre-paid CCs or from prison pay. It is a prison phone, not a cell phone, because a voice comes on periodically and says "this call is coming from a Federal Prison" but SDM carries on like nothing happened and the calls appear to be limited on time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0M4UKgiqo8

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 20, 2018, 11:41:26 AM
Oh good grief, the cat guy and his fraudulent wifu melissa! ::) ::) ::)

There's a story there, but I won't ask for it. My "I care" tank is running on empty.

albrecht

Bruce Goldberg stated with emphasis  that "has never interacted with the grasshopper people." Me thinks he doth protest too much. 

Also he told us that Norry has another career (creating a time-travel machine) in the future- as another person, not just as a future radio host Dexter Monterrey! In fact Bruce thinks the other Norry incarnation is even "more important" than Dexter!

Jojo

WHAT did the caller do in the tomb that cracked George up?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 14 on December 21, 2018, 01:51:25 AM
WHAT did the caller do in the tomb that cracked George up?

Lol! The caller just said that he had sex with Cleopatra. Presumably in a former life, but we didn’t get to find out because he was cut off. Why would you do that? Talk show gold, you would think. Joorch had an extended giggling fit and expressed a hope that he wasn’t fiddling with Cleo in the tomb.

Cleopatra, Alexander The Great and The Ark of The Covenant all in the same tomb? Pretty wild if true, but somehow you never quite trust these things.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 21, 2018, 03:35:15 AM
Lol! The caller just said that he had sex with Cleopatra. Presumably in a former life, but we didn’t get to find out because he was cut off. Why would you do that? Talk show gold, you would think. Joorch had an extended giggling fit and expressed a hope that he wasn’t fiddling with Cleo in the tomb.

Cleopatra, Alexander The Great and The Ark of The Covenant all in the same tomb? Pretty wild if true, but somehow you never quite trust these things.

I was quite disappointed the woman from Louisville who claims to be the reincarnated Cleopatra didn't call in on this show.

Metron2267

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 22, 2018, 10:18:06 AM
I was quite disappointed the woman from Louisville who claims to be the reincarnated Cleopatra didn't call in on this show.

Lol, Connie Willis with a Yorky? 8)

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 21, 2018, 03:35:15 AM

Thanks.  Yes, he probably thought the guy desecrated the dead.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 22, 2018, 10:18:06 AM

Maybe she’s who the caller had sex with.

ShayP

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 18, 2018, 06:27:46 AM
Keith from Rochester called in to tell Dames that Russell Target had said on C2C that the Major's success rate was 'dismal' and 'lousy', urged Noory to play the tape of the show, and obviously followed up with an expletive which got edited out. Noory told Dames Keith would be banned from the show. Cudos to Keith for calling Dames out for the delusional, fraudulent charlatan he is.

Ha! I heard that.  At least Dames heard enough to admit to being a sociopath.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on December 24, 2018, 06:23:42 PM
Ha! I heard that.  At least Dames heard enough to admit to being a sociopath.  ;D
Heh, heh, heh.  Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Mr. Rogers.

Metron2267

Sorry to see your Stillas limping out Shay, Leveon really left them at the altar. :(

Merry Christmas man!

NoMoreNoory

Joorch is here for us on the holidays, of course, and starts tonight with a live interview (“he has a cell phone now”) with Santa somewhere over Manitoba. He has, Joorch tells his audience of five-year-olds, already delivered 5 trillion packages. Someone was jangling bells near the phone, cos, you know, like, jingle bells. Joorch tells us Santa is “going very fast now”, and has no idea how his producers managed to get Santa’s number. What a dolt.

Of course, Joorch is aware that this can be a difficult time of year for some people. His advice: “Be careful, and don’t be lonely.” Hmm. I wasn’t aware loneliness was voluntary.

Anyway, then it was on to the stock market, this being the thing that lonely people are really concerned about in the early hours of Xmas Day. He thanked his expert for “sharing part of your Christmas Eve Christmas with us.”

Merry Crimbo, gabbers.

-GNS

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ShayP on December 24, 2018, 06:23:42 PM

Yes, he was muttering something about a sociopath. I coudn’t tell if he was talking about himself, Target, or the caller.

Dateline

Yes, Silent Night everyone, or no Norry droning on interrupted only with self-promoting commercials and advertisements. 

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 25, 2018, 12:25:33 AM
Joorch is here for us on the holidays, of course, and starts tonight with a live interview (“he has a cell phone now”) with Santa somewhere over Manitoba. He has, Joorch tells his audience of five-year-olds, already delivered 5 trillion packages. Someone was jangling bells near the phone, cos, you know, like, jingle bells. Joorch tells us Santa is “going very fast now”, and has no idea how his producers managed to get Santa’s number. What a dolt.

Of course, Joorch is aware that this can be a difficult time of year for some people. His advice: “Be careful, and don’t be lonely.” Hmm. I wasn’t aware loneliness was voluntary.

Anyway, then it was on to the stock market, this being the thing that lonely people are really concerned about in the early hours of Xmas Day. He thanked his expert for “sharing part of your Christmas Eve Christmas with us.”

Merry Crimbo, gabbers.

-GNS
Good point about cold cash.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on December 25, 2018, 01:12:45 AM
Yes, Silent Night everyone, or no Norry droning on interrupted only with self-promoting commercials and advertisements.
Quiet on Valentine's Day too.  He said he loves the holiday flow:  Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.  Nevermind that Valentine's Day is right after.  And red deco still works...

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 25, 2018, 12:25:33 AM

Merry Crimbo, gabbers.

-GNS
Ha!  Jorch, what a gift for Christmas.  ::)  At least he's good for a few laughs.

Who is the “main guest host” for C2C. I’d assume Noory is getting ready to wine down in a few years. I’ve really lost all interest in the show but on occasion I listen to a Knapp show. I’m sure who ever premier picks it will make the show even worse than what it is.

My guess is Jimmy Church because Premier will pick the worse possible person.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 25, 2018, 10:18:36 AM
Who is the “main guest host” for C2C. I’d assume Noory is getting ready to wine down in a few years. I’ve really lost all interest in the show but on occasion I listen to a Knapp show. I’m sure who ever premier picks it will make the show even worse than what it is.

Yes, I think you're, unfortunately, right on.  What a choice.  Willis, Lee Cigar, slimeball Church... I'm guessing it would be Yimmee since he Hoovers Noory the most and is probably a great PremRat "yes man," and would work for comparatively peanuts.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ItsOver on December 25, 2018, 10:30:07 AM
Yes, I think you're, unfortunately, right on.  What a choice.  Willis, Lee Cigar, slimeball Church... I'm guessing it would be Yimmee since he Hoovers Noory the most and is probably a great PremRat "yes man," and would work for comparatively peanuts.

Check. He has always appeared to be The Chosen Son and is certainly Brown-Noser-in-Chief. Giggling Connie and Lee Cigar are too awful to contemplate and Ian and Good George are surely happy with their niche position alongside their proper jobs. That only leaves Syrett, who I like over Church, but doesn’t quite seem to fit the bill. Church would effortlessly carry forward the bland, corporate mediocrity Joorch has mastered, minus the comedy value.

That said, I see no chance of Joorch surrendering his sweaty seat any time soon, barring illness or (further) mental decline. He’s talked himself about shuffling his mortal behind the mic, leaving Tommee to announce to a grieving world “We’ve lost him folks. We’ve lost him.”

albrecht

Yep. iHateMedia will pick the worst person but one that will show up consistently and not do anything that might offend, cause thinking or curiosity, or take the same old callers night after night.
I would like Syrett because he actually has decent guests, sometimes some controversial ones, on his shows and takes lots of callers, including crazy callers (which are my main reason to listen to C2C) but also has some interest in the subjects and seems concerned about the crazy callers where as Norry treats callers, in the rare cases he takes them, as a butt of a joke or an excuse to be creepy or make fun.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on December 25, 2018, 04:48:32 PM
Yep. iHateMedia will pick the worst person but one that will show up consistently and not do anything that might offend, cause thinking or curiosity, or take the same old callers night after night.
I would like Syrett because he actually has decent guests, sometimes some controversial ones, on his shows and takes lots of callers, including crazy callers (which are my main reason to listen to C2C) but also has some interest in the subjects and seems concerned about the crazy callers where as Norry treats callers, in the rare cases he takes them, as a butt of a joke or an excuse to be creepy or make fun.

Knapp is the best overall for the spot, but he's got another gig. The rest are beyond atrocious.

Jojo

"Wine down" is exactly right.  George just said that after Christmas celebration, took family Out. For. Wine.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on December 26, 2018, 03:37:47 AM
God, wine snobs are the worst.
Do you have to talk to God like that at this time of year.

Snob is not the issue for me.  Besides, a real snob would stock it in the home.  What bothers me is that the alcohol mention was not necessary.  One doesn't have to justify a trip to an establishment by saying alcohol was involved.  That just makes a hotel trip even more of a moral risk, if you ask me.  Why mention either.  Why not just say, "We went out".

Metron2267

Quote from: albrecht on December 25, 2018, 04:48:32 PM

Syrett comes the closest to approximating what Art mastered - the theater of the mind!

Just that intro - the audio imaginarium, welcome weary traveler, come on in, hang your cloak on a peg...that's evocative and intimate stuff and it sets a tone he maintains very well. :)

Yimmy will be all night ass-kissing, no thanks. :(

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on December 26, 2018, 03:47:14 AM
Do you have to talk to God like that at this time of year.

Snob is not the issue for me.  Besides, a real snob would stock it in the home.  What bothers me is that the alcohol mention was not necessary.  One doesn't have to justify a trip to an establishment by saying alcohol was involved.  That just makes a hotel trip even more of a moral risk, if you ask me.  Why mention either.  Why not just say, "We went out".

Did someone re-institute Prohibition while I was away???

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 26, 2018, 10:43:34 AM
Did someone re-institute Prohibition while I was away???
No.  There is plenty of middle ground between the two extremes.  George is at the other extrene, constantly with alcohol even when others near him aren't.  And hypocritical, too.  In 2914 or so, he said he just had a sherry once in a while and he minimized his alcohol use by joking that he "doesn't go to bars! "  But, the photos and his other speech belie something totally different.