• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

norland2424

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 10:26:50 PM
I thought Amy Martin handled it fairly well.

She did but it seems that Keith has bad people skills.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on April 17, 2016, 10:28:47 PM
Lol he finally did shut up when Art posted those bank statements lol.

He did. I've never seen a man implode that fucking epically in my life as Leo Ashcraft did.

Quote from: norland2424 on April 17, 2016, 10:28:47 PM
Lol he finally did shut up when Art posted those bank statements lol.

The real reason - I bought him two tickets to the "gun show" 😀

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on April 17, 2016, 10:29:27 PM

You have been like the master of understatements this weekend. LOL

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on April 17, 2016, 10:29:27 PM

He's got a magnificent neckbeard though.

Quote from: norland2424 on April 17, 2016, 10:41:22 PM
He may also like his own buggers

Keith's a sexual tyrannosaurs! Sent from a land called 4chin...

zeebo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 17, 2016, 10:29:37 PM
He did. I've never seen a man implode that fucking epically in my life as Leo Ashcraft did.

yep an entertaining if bizarre meltdown

Auslandia

Quote from: zeebo on April 17, 2016, 11:58:16 PM
yep an entertaining if bizarre meltdown

One thing I can definitely credit Heather for though… She shut down Gary the frothing, screaming,  completely oblivious to  how rude and annoying he is mad Martian.   Just play that fucking break music and hang up on his ass before he hijacks your show. . That's the way it's done.

trostol

Quote from: Auslandia on April 18, 2016, 09:31:01 AM
One thing I can definitely credit Heather for though… She shut down Gary the frothing, screaming,  completely oblivious to  how rude and annoying he is mad Martian.   Just play that fucking break music and hang up on his ass before he hijacks your show. . That's the way it's done.

Pretty sure she had no idea who he was or what he was talking about

Also wonder how long she will go on tonight about Art in the hospital

zeebo

Quote from: Auslandia on April 18, 2016, 09:31:01 AM

Hoagie tried that once but got confused by the phones so the goof kept calling back and ranting.

Auslandia

Quote from: trostol on April 18, 2016, 01:32:50 PM
Pretty sure she had no idea who he was or what he was talking about

Well in that case she was monumentally lucky  that his call came in that close to a break.

trostol

Quote from: Auslandia on April 18, 2016, 01:34:04 PM
Well in that case she was monumentally lucky  that his call came in that close to a break.

Pretty much...which is the other thing I don't get. ..why do news then a break just to return for 5 minutes and take another break. ..just do 25 minutes of awful news

Auslandia

Quote from: trostol on April 18, 2016, 01:39:18 PM
Pretty much...which is the other thing I don't get. ..why do news then a break just to return for 5 minutes and take another break. ..just do 25 minutes of awful news

Well, honestly that might point to the suggestion that she knew he would try to take over the show.   She has to have heard of this idiot by now.

zeebo

Quote from: Auslandia on April 18, 2016, 01:42:28 PM
Well, honestly that might point to the suggestion that she knew he would try to take over the show.   She has to have heard of this idiot by now.

I'd think she heard him on the Gabcast interview w/ Art.  Poor MV tried to actually reason with the guy.  'Twas a noble but futile effort.

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on April 18, 2016, 02:02:14 PM
I'd think she heard him on the Gabcast interview w/ Art.  Poor MV tried to actually reason with the guy.  'Twas a noble but futile effort.

Well if robin faked being your doctor and had you commited, you would end up psycho too lol.

Auslandia

Listening to the Jim Marrs show & HW commented on how the newspaper referred to the alien pilot as a "he" even though she figures there's no way to know if they have gender. I guess she doesn't know is that unless the subject is specifically known to be a she, journalism grammar standards up until fairly recently would dictate that you always use masculine pronouns as a generic gender placeholder.  In other words, you'd write "he" more often than anything else.  That was especially the case in the 1800s.  It doesn't necessarily mean the writer thought the alien was a man. That is fairly well-known...I thought. My 2 cents anyway.

trostol

Quote from: Auslandia on April 18, 2016, 01:42:28 PM

no not just that night..she does that every night..about 18 minutes of ..."news" then a break..then back for 5 then a break

zeebo

Quote from: Auslandia on April 18, 2016, 02:17:47 PM
Listening to the Jim Marrs show & HW commented on how the newspaper referred to the alien pilot as a "he" even though she figures there's no way to know if they have gender....

I think the proper pronoun term for aliens is "he or she or he/she or whatever".

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on April 18, 2016, 02:34:08 PM
I think the proper pronoun term for aliens is "he or she or he/she or whatever".

"It" works for me.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 18, 2016, 02:38:33 PM
"It" works for me.

Seems vaguely derogatory - the p.c. crowd will never accept that.  Remember it's never too early to fight for alien civil rights.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Segundus on April 17, 2016, 07:55:40 PM
Me, too.  I listen to C2C or fall asleep.  I've not tried HW, and from the comments here, have no desire to. 

I questioned Art's integrity when he started stirring up Y2k panic so his sponsors could sell more emergency gear/food, and since this MITD also turned into a big sham, I am really fed up with Mr.Bell.

Yeah, Noory and Co. are not half bad when you compare it to Heather's brutal show.  "Gosh!"  "Woooow!"  Shut up, already.

How do hear about this Leo feller?  Sounds fun.  And I agree that the Amy person was pretty good.  Another good part of the show that couldn't tolerate HW's stank.

Kolchak

Quote from: Auslandia on April 18, 2016, 02:17:47 PM
Listening to the Jim Marrs show & HW commented on how the newspaper referred to the alien pilot as a "he" even though she figures there's no way to know if they have gender. I guess she doesn't know is that unless the subject is specifically known to be a she, journalism grammar standards up until fairly recently would dictate that you always use masculine pronouns as a generic gender placeholder.  In other words, you'd write "he" more often than anything else.  That was especially the case in the 1800s.  It doesn't necessarily mean the writer thought the alien was a man. That is fairly well-known...I thought. My 2 cents anyway.

The most updated copy of the A.P. style guide I have on the shelf is the 2009 edition, which only says not to use "she" for nations and ships, and instead use "it." I suppose this was a simpler time, before every college student became "gender fluid" and people started demanding to go by "zhe."

I believe the A.P. has since switched to using a singular "they" in cases of unknown or fluctuating gender.

Auslandia

Quote from: Kolchak on April 18, 2016, 04:38:45 PM
The most updated copy of the A.P. style guide I have on the shelf is the 2009 edition, which only says not to use "she" for nations and ships, and instead use "it." I suppose this was a simpler time, before every college student became "gender fluid" and people started demanding to go by "zhe."

I believe the A.P. has since switched to using a singular "they" in cases of unknown or fluctuating gender.

In 1897 the choice would have been he unless the pilot was wearing a dress.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on April 18, 2016, 04:17:53 PM
Yeah, Noory and Co. are not half bad when you compare it to Heather's brutal show.  "Gosh!"  "Woooow!"  Shut up, already.

How do hear about this Leo feller?  Sounds fun.  And I agree that the Amy person was pretty good.  Another good part of the show that couldn't tolerate HW's stank.
I did not know that Amy Martin left.  I thought she was very professional and wish her good luck with her future endeavors. 

There are too many women in radio who seem to project a phony persona.  Either they seem to be capitalizing on a 'sweet' female voice, or revert to childish utterances, like the 'Gosh!', 'Woooow!'  Maybe those women (Heather, if she does this) should watch Mika Brzezinski or Andrea Mitchell for a bit and try to go for that image.  People listen for ideas, not because you're 'cute'.  There was a country hick (female) on C2C recently who would have been more convincing as a country singer.     

Quote from: Segundus on April 18, 2016, 04:42:02 PM
I did not know that Amy Martin left.  I thought she was very professional and wish her good luck with her future endeavors. 

Probably because she wasn't getting paid enough for the amount of hours of work she was putting in.

Auslandia

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 18, 2016, 04:52:55 PM
Probably because she wasn't getting paid enough for the amount of hours of work she was putting in.

I'm not convinced anyone was getting paid lol

頭の弱いです is a name we would call Heather here (something along the line of ditzy).

norland2424

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 18, 2016, 04:52:55 PM

She posted on her Twitter that she was layed off so the network could " cut costs".