• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 21, 2017, 01:15:20 AM
Maybe Shay made a deal at the crossroads?  ???

Nope.  I spoke with my associate and it was solely Robert Johnson who sold his sole.  I'm just a flake.  :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on September 21, 2017, 01:22:40 AM
Nope.  I spoke with my associate and it was solely Robert Johnson who sold his sole.  I'm just a flake.  :D

If he sold his sole wouldn't that cause him to flounder?

ShayP

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on September 21, 2017, 01:02:21 AM
I mean no offense when I say your posts can be a lot to digest.  ;D  I respect the stream of conscience statements.  However we are more similar than you may realize.  ;)  We are not strangers in this forum.  Again...I agree with you.  That being said...in perpetuity...CHEERS sir.  :D

**EDIT ~ I'm half German so, yeah...I get it.  ;)
Ha. I never, or at least try not do to so, take offense, and hope I do not offend. I find it weird that anyone in an, relatively, anonymous forum should. My humor and opinions sometimes might but, I think, or like to think, are taken ok, I try to do so in an inoffensive way or, at least not in personal attacks (sometime we all are human are can't not), but put in the "politics" threads where somethings I cannot abide, but even there consider contrary opinions (I hope or at least try) to be civil and stick to facts, news reports (as I do with news about illegals and "refugees." At some point culture/countries and individuals need to say "no." Or this is bad.) We are not strangers onlinr, and I do appreciate that, but we are still strangers and I think everyone should recognize that online (not, so much here, I think we are all adults, but for kids they can get crazy thinking online are "friends" or some such nonsense- not that than can't happen but the "real" versus online is disturbing.)

Nobody

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 20, 2017, 10:44:43 PM
This actually describes Hoagie very well. Always homeless until he finds a new Robin that will take him in. He's on Robin VII now, I believe.

I can't speak to Hoagland's domestic arrangements.  I can, however, say that Hoagland may well be on the cusp of becoming America's latest reality television star.

Homeless with Hoagland will see our hero trying to live on the streets of Albuquerque, starting out with only $2 and an old bottle of Hai Karate aftershave to drink or douse himself with (his choice).  Viewers at home will look on in delight and amazement as Hoagland puts his modest, unassuming personality and well-known, near-painfully polite manners to work making new friends and obtaining shelter, food, and cut-price malt liquor (though not necessarily in that order).

The great thing about working with Hoagland will be the complete absence of the sort of "diva" behaviour that gives Hollywood stars such a bad name and can make getting work done on time and on budget so difficult; there's no doubt whatever that Hoagland will cooperate fully and freely with the production crew.  In fact, I think I'm safe in saying that the thought of attempting to usurp the director's chair and start ordering other people about with a megaphone would never so much as cross his mind.

The episodes will practically film themselves.

GravitySucks

Just caught a snippet of a Somewhere In Time with RCH. Had to be after the mass suicide with Hale-Bopp. RCH said he was going to bring a lawsuit against someone because they called his analysis of Hale-Bopp "non-sensical". I wonder if he ever did.

Nobody

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 21, 2017, 06:21:09 AM
Just caught a snippet of a Somewhere In Time with RCH. Had to be after the mass suicide with Hale-Bopp. RCH said he was going to bring a lawsuit against someone because they called his analysis of Hale-Bopp "non-sensical". I wonder if he ever did.

Hoagland would have been the first man ever to receive a life sentence for contempt of court after constantly interrupting and talking over the judge.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 21, 2017, 06:21:09 AM

How could he possibly sue anybody over that?  Oh wait...Hoagland.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ShayP on September 15, 2017, 04:45:55 PM
Let's face it.  Hoagland could ruin a wet dream.

Do you mean the dream where Robin torques your torsion bar?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on September 22, 2017, 08:38:46 PM

That's my dream, not Shay's. Shay dreams about <shudder> Angela Lansbury.  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: Nobody on September 21, 2017, 06:43:30 AM
Hoagland would have been the first man ever to receive a life sentence for contempt of court after constantly interrupting and talking over the judge.
Most recently Sean David Morton tried the various fake court filings, bizarre briefs, vexious arguments about jurisdiction, admiralty law, etc. He is going to prison. I could see Jordan Maxwell (aka Russell Pine) and other C2C guests and 'experts' trying things like that in court. On the other hand I could see Jim Marrs, RIP, charming the jury with his down-home stories and getting off the charges. Remember there was a sammich dispute and also Wilcock said Jordan Maxwell left dirty clothes in his place 'when he let him crash there for a while?' Most all these guys are dodgy and also you see frequent 'falling-outs' when a conference goes bad, a theory is in dispute, some money is loaned and not paid back, etc. I think SDM scammed some fellow 'researchers' out of money with his schemes also.

http://bellgab.com/radio-and-podcasts/george-noory-sucks!-the-definitive-compendium/msg283520/#msg283520

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 22, 2017, 08:42:15 PM
Come on. She was cute in "Picture of Dorian Gray" and, add the maid outfit to the mix, in "Gaslight!" But I suspect Shay is going for the "Murder, She Wrote" years.  :o

Juan Cena

Quote from: PaulAtreides on September 22, 2017, 08:38:46 PM

Which one? There've been seven of them

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on September 22, 2017, 09:11:43 PM
Come on. She was cute in "Picture of Dorian Gray" and, add the maid outfit to the mix, in "Gaslight!" But I suspect Shay is going for the "Murder, She Wrote" years.  :o

Shay goes for the "Manchurian Candidate" Angela Lansbury.

Nobody

Does anyone know what year Hoagland was made Science Advisor (or rather, "Science" Advisor) on Coast?

I know he was advertising the the Chichen Itza scam on Coast in 2012 and got the chop in 2015 (I dimly recall his abrupt departure had something to do with a bet Hoagland made with Noory that Hoagland would not shut up about). 

I can't seem to find any mention of what year he began work, though.  :(

astroguy

Quote from: Nobody on September 23, 2017, 12:30:51 PM
Does anyone know what year Hoagland was made Science Advisor (or rather, "Science" Advisor) on Coast?

I know he was advertising the the Chichen Itza scam on Coast in 2012 and got the chop in 2015 (I dimly recall his abrupt departure had something to do with a bet Hoagland made with Noory that Hoagland would not shut up about). 

It should correlate reasonably well (±1 year?) with when Phil Plait was last on, for Phil told me that he told George et al he would not go back on the show if RCH was "science" advisor.

Morgus

Quote from: Nobody on September 23, 2017, 12:30:51 PM

Noory appointed Hoagie as his "science advisor" very soon after he took over as main c2cam host after Art Bell retired around 2003.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 22, 2017, 08:42:15 PM
Wrong.  Never.  You know Judy Dench has ravaged me.   :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on September 23, 2017, 01:48:59 PM
Noory appointed Hoagie as his "science advisor" very soon after he took over as main c2cam host after Art Bell retired around 2001-2002 I believe.

Noory started in January 2003.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on September 23, 2017, 01:55:09 PM
Yes I just looked that up on wikipedia and corrected it. :)

I see that. We need to keep the posts though or the Falkie thread will catch up. 😎

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on September 23, 2017, 01:51:56 PM
Hoagies plan for tonight's show:

Sooooo...the same tired "go to" guests.  ::)  I still can't bring myself to listen anymore.   :-\

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 23, 2017, 01:55:54 PM
I see that. We need to keep the posts though or the Falkie thread will catch up. 😎

Okay...I'll post just to keep that from happening.  ;)   I really wish somebody will explain to me the infatuation with that guy.  Years have gone by and nobody has.  Trust me...I asked.  Even talked to Falkie himself (via PM).  Yep...that's the truth.  Aside from using his thread as a chat forum, I really don't understand those who spend all their time there wondering what he's up to.  Oh well.  More power to them if it makes them happy.

GravitySucks

Well Shay, we show up here and half the time its a replay.

TigerLily

Quote from: ShayP on September 23, 2017, 02:21:33 PM
Okay...I'll post just to keep that from happening.  ;)   I really wish somebody will explain to me the infatuation with that guy.  Years have gone by and nobody has.  Trust me...I asked.  Even talked to Falkie himself (via PM).  Yep...that's the truth.  Aside from using his thread as a chat forum, I really don't understand those who spend all their time there wondering what he's up to.  Oh well.  More power to them if it makes them happy.

I must confess, I have gone over to the Darkside. I am occasionally posting in the Falkie thread now  :-[. It's all Gravity's fault  >:(

However I still find it more fun to insult the rich and powerful than the poor and powerless

TigerLily

Quote from: ShayP on September 23, 2017, 01:56:14 PM
Sooooo...the same tired "go to" guests.  ::)  I still can't bring myself to listen anymore.   :-\

I can't listen anymore either. Of course, I usually didn't much even when this thread was rockin'. Just hung around for the company

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2017, 02:56:24 PM
I must confess, I have gone over to the Darkside. I am occasionally posting in the Falkie thread now  :-[. It's all Gravity's fault  >:(

However I still find it more fun to insult the rich and powerful than the poor and powerless

Told you Gravity Sucks.