• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Night Train on January 27, 2016, 02:56:25 PM
Any thoughts, Art?

Many on here do seem to have figured out how you roll.
And many more on here do seem to have figured out how you (t)roll...

Chronaut

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 02:52:22 PM
Despite what some say I think Heather is doing a amazing job and yes as time goes on she will need a Producer, I did both for Years at the start and it's a killer.

Art

Yep - I remember the schedule: about four hours of sleep, take care of daylight business, maybe a brief nap, then the show...rinse, and repeat.  Rough going.

Add to that the online and on-air heckling by vapid trolls who are all whipped up into a frenzy over the blood in the water, and it's a miracle she hasn't suffered a psychotic break.  She's a remarkable woman.  Maybe Saucy Rossy could lend her a hand.

Despite what some say I think Heather is doing a amazing job and yes as time goes on she will need a Producer, I did both for Years at the start and it's a killer.

Art

This literally just made me laugh out loud.

GravitySucks

Quote from: malachi.martini on January 27, 2016, 03:02:43 PM
They're fair questions are they not? This kind of perpetually defensive derpiness is quite unflattering.

You crack me up.

Chronaut

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 27, 2016, 03:00:24 PM
wow   thank you     looks like all kind of fun going on here   

You've got a great attitude Showroom Dummy; I'd enjoy hearing you chat with Art and MV.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 27, 2016, 02:51:47 PM
I could host but I fear it would not end well for my short lived "career". I would be a great balance though and would not go easy.

Nah, you're too gay.

😎

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 27, 2016, 02:51:47 PM
I could host but I fear it would not end well for my short lived "career". I would be a great balance though and would not go easy.

You were great when you were on with IB and MV, made me laugh when you talked about that subscription debacle. :)

Freyja

Art

It's not just "some" Art.

Most of us here gave her a fair chance.

IMHO her tone, manner, inflection is both not suited to this genre and late night radio.

She is an amateur and it is quite obvious....and yes for an amateur with no experience I guess the job she is doing could be deemed "amazing".

Now this leads me to another question; Heather was not your first choice, correct? ( Howard Hughes, Steve Warner)

Who else is being considered for the chair at this point as Heather has indicated the preference is for a male host to fill thr MITD chair?

if needed   i'm down to do it  no problem at all ----  and would have no problem asking tough questions   -as a matter of fact if anyone posts it i will ask it  -( with the exception of crude of course)

but there is some GREAT people here  that i think would do a fantastic job 

Chine

Quote from: Freyja on January 27, 2016, 03:10:58 PM
It's not just "some" Art.

Most of us here gave her a fair chance.

IMHO her tone, manner, inflection is both not suited to this genre and late night radio.

She is an amateur and it is quite obvious....and yes for an amateur with no experience I guess the job she is doing could be deemed "amazing".

Now this leads me to another question; Heather was not your first choice, correct? ( Howard Hughes, Steve Warner)

Who else is being considered for the chair at this point as Heather has indicated the preference is for a male host to fill thr MITD chair?

Great question.

Art Bell

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on January 27, 2016, 02:56:35 PM
You're dodging. Granted, the Eberhardt question is inside baseball (though we already have a good idea of what happened after Heather's last Gabcast appearance) but the one about Noory only concerns your legal threat against MV and encouraging a raid on Other Side of Midnight was public, based on a post from Ross.

1. Did you give Heather the go ahead to fire Peter Eberhardt?

2. Will you admit that you encouraged BellGab, through Ross, to embarrass Hoagland on air because of your little behind-the-scenes spat?

3. Do you see it as hypocritical to goof on Noory for his team's hollow libel threats toward MV, using "public person" as a defense, only to do the same thing a few months down the road?

The statement made about me went well beyond the bar of Libel even for a Public Person.

As for the rest I will not comment.

Art

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 27, 2016, 03:13:30 PM
if needed   i'm down to do it  no problem at all ----  and would have no problem asking tough questions   -as a matter of fact if anyone posts it i will ask it  -

Since he refuses to answer it on here I'd make you ask him when he became a Juggalo! The world wants to know when he became down with the clown! lol

Art Bell

Heather was my first choice.

Art

and would have no problem asking tough questions   -as a matter of fact if anyone posts it i will ask it  -

GravitySucks

if needed   i'm down to do it  no problem at all ----  and would have no problem asking tough questions   -as a matter of fact if anyone posts it i will ask it  -( with the exception of crude of course)

You mean this same bunch of spineless worms that wouldn't even ask ONE of the original top ten tough questions??? 

They are dust on my sandals...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 27, 2016, 08:16:35 AM
'Look, matey, I know a dead parrot argument when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.'

I apologize in advance for the tone of this post, I have been weeping for your plight again.

I don't know what you mean about 'consistency'

Consistency in that everything Art's said on the matter has been consistent. I haven't seen anything contradictory that would lead me to believe I was being fed a bullshit story. It just looked to me like Art was a guy stuck in a bad situation making hasty, bad decisions.

That's a fair point. Therefore you look at the circumstances of the case to see if his behaviour is consistent with his claims.

It's completely consistent with someone backpedaling from misstatements and trying to minimize the damage. While I will say that I believe Art's telling the truth, I think the decisions made in response to the threat were ill-thought-out and needlessly damaging. 

It doesn't matter whether it's out of the ordinary or not. It could be totally unprecedented for something like this to happen,

In light of Art's clarification about the phone threat today, you may want to reform this position. Up to you.

No, he had to go into hiding for a long time, at least until the Ayatollah Khomenei died, who put out the fatwa against him. He was in the position of being someone whom it was every Muslim's duty to kill, and was under 24-hour police guard for many years. That's really living in fear.

Well, actually, he hit the TV interview circuit and shelled out a bunch more novels in the aftermath of that. That was one hell of a lucrative fatwa. If he was as scared as you suggest, the response is not to maintain a high public profile, but get yourself as far off of the Shi'ite radar as you can. If I were him, I'd have been living in fucking Greenland with the Inuit and no one would have ever heard a word out of me again until I dropped dead from a heart attack from all the seal blubber.

But, fair enough, you wanted to take your daughter out to enjoy the snow, and we would be churlish to criticise that.

I think he stuck his head out the door, looked around, decided the threat was minimal at that time and they went out and had fun. I would have done the same thing even if I were under threat, though snow here is something we spit at and loathe. Art's a human Sredni, humans do spontaneous human things.

I don't think you come from Missouri at all. You are just one of those trendy bastards who like to boast about hailing from the 'Show-Me' state but were just pretending all along.

None of us here know where that "Show me" state crap came from. We all know it should be the "Meth lab state". As far as being on the jury at your murder trial, you don't want that. I would vote guilty simply on the basis of your villainous accent.

Yes, that's what they all say, but we both know the truth, you jealous bastard! I've got Oliver Stone on board to direct the 'Terror in Pahrump' movie, with Falkie playing the grassy knoll. I've cast Chronaut as Heather Wade, and he is already deep into his window licking research, and am currently auditioning leprechauns to play the part of 'The Stalker'. If you want a role, just PM me. I'm afraid you don't have the acting chops to play Asia though, much as you'd like to sit on Art's lap.  :)

I can already tell you that this film is going nowhere. Nowhere. Just like I told you Star Wars ep. VII would go nowhere. Firstly, you're underusing your talent. You've cast Falkie as the grassy knoll. While knoll may be a strangely applicable term, I would suggest you recast him as Pahrump. Actually, fuck it, I will direct the film. We need a triple extra large shark suit, a shitload of explosives, bad ass hotrods, some marijuana, you cast as the villain, a couple fake handlebar moustaches, a Harley Davidson, a full sized mock up of a UFO and Sigourney Weaver. You want a movie, I'll make you a fucking movie. Probably won't have much to do with Art though. Well, maybe he can do a cameo water ski jumping the Falkie-Shark with explosions going off as a backdrop. That would be bad ass.

chefist

Most celebrities have to deal with stalkers, threats and inappropriate fans all the time. After all the analysis of ideas to protect yourself and your family and come back on the air, isn't' there something you can do at this point?

ponyboysunset

So I really am dumb here so it is ok to host a Gabcast, but not MITD? Soooo confused.

Freyja

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 03:16:44 PM

Art

OK....but, but, but.......

You auditioned Heather as  co-host right from the get go on MITD. She overall did not get a favorable audience response and you dropped her from the show.

Then knowing the above, you place her as the host of MITD??? Can you explain the rationale behind this decision?

Who then approached Howard Hughes and Steve Warner for the role of host?

Art

hello art
thank you for taking the time to be here 
question         are things still status quo or has something changed basically what is the end game looking like?   what can we look forward to ?

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 03:15:33 PM
The statement made about me went well beyond the bar of Libel even for a Public Person.

As for the rest I will not comment.

Art

Wrong. MV already addressed this by saying that he didn't remove the comment because it was libelous (King of Kings mentioned examples of what would be libel), only because established members here reported the post and saw it in poor taste. You wouldn't have made it very far in a legal proceeding had you sued over it.

Ross already mentioned that BellGab had your support on raid night for OSOM, so your confirmation isn't necessary. Proof: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8014.msg586775.html#msg586775

The same can be said about Peter Eberhardt after someone on the Gabcast asked Heather if she had the authority to fire him. The only one that could do that was you.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 27, 2016, 03:20:42 PM
So I really am dumb here so it is ok to host a Gabcast, but not MITD? Soooo confused.

Oh Shaddup. The stalker might hear you. He can skype into the GabCast from his home.

Don't you have a book to finish?

Lt.Uhura

Art

Heather is fine, but she's not Art Bell, thus the criticisms.

I wouldn't bother answering too many personal questions here or anywhere Art.  Your personal life is your business. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on January 27, 2016, 03:23:01 PM
Wrong. MV already addressed this by saying that he didn't remove the comment because it was libelous (King of King mentioned examples of what would be libel), only because established members here reported the post and saw it in poor taste. You wouldn't have made it very far in a legal proceeding had you sued over it.

Ross already mentioned that BellGab had your support on raid night for OSOM, so your confirmation isn't necessary. The same can be said about Peter Eberhardt after someone on the Gabcast asked Heather if she had the authority to fire him. The only one that could do that was you.

If you know all of the answers, why ask inflammatory questions?  You wouldn't have accepted any other answers anyways.

norland2424

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 27, 2016, 03:20:42 PM

To be fair the gabcast only maxes out to what 100 listener's? Lol

So what was it about a 39-year old woman you met on an internet message board and only physically met seven or eight months ago with no experience that convinced you that she was the best choice to be figurehead of DMDN when you had virtually a dozen more experienced and more well known hosts already on the network?

And why do you think she was the best choice when your audience completely rejected her the first time you wanted her to co-host?

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 03:26:46 PM
So what was it about a 39-year old woman you met on an internet message board and only physically met seven or eight months ago with no experience that convinced you that she was the best choice to be figurehead of DMDN when you had virtually a dozen more experienced and more well known hosts already on the network?

And why do you think you she was the best choice when your audience completely rejected her the first time you wanted her to co-host?

GravitySucks

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 27, 2016, 03:26:46 PM

And why do you think you she was the best choice when your audience completely rejected her the first time you wanted her to co-host?

Man, I wish you would have been around in 2008 to ask Obama some questions.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2016, 03:25:30 PM
If you know all of the answers, why ask inflammatory questions?  You wouldn't have accepted any other answers anyways.

It's a chance for Art to clear the air, simple as that.

1. Yes, I allowed Heather to fire Pete. He should have told her she was rapidly improving every week like I do. Saying otherwise crossed the line!

2. It was unprofessional to encourage an attack against another show on the network, regardless of the circumstances. Hoagies gonna hoag.

3. I am a giant hypocrite for threatening legal action against the website when I mocked Noory for doing the same thing. YOLO.

Value Of Pi

Art

I'm sure you had your reasons for this, Art. And since I wouldn't expect you to spell them out fully, I won't ask what they were (or are). At the same time, you must know that your more discerning listeners would question why Heather would be anyone's first choice to host any talk show, temporarily or not. Certain things are self-evident from listening and there are some objective standards that apply to everyone doing a radio show.

If you don't mind, throw us a bone and acknowledge that you can understand why some of us question your judgement on choosing Heather. Even a few words might make a difference.