A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

SheilaVG

I don't think that's a gay voice, I think he's trying to sound English. It started on St Pat's day. I don't think he's very comfortable and is either tired while doing the show or drinking.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SheilaVG on August 12, 2012, 07:51:06 PM
I don't think that's a gay voice, I think he's trying to sound English.
It's a "tomayto/tomahto" thing. English and gay voices are often one and the same.

Zircon

If he is doing coast to coast on a regular basis, drinking is probably part of the job requirement. All in all I like John B. Wells and think his programs are among the best on C2C. Tonight ought to be a good one as well. And Eddie, I agree that English voices and their annunciations are rather "twat" like. Note how most great actors from Great Britain are almost always Irish, Scottish or Welsh?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Zircon on August 12, 2012, 08:52:09 PM
If he is doing coast to coast on a regular basis, drinking is probably part of the job requirement. All in all I like John B. Wells and think his programs are among the best on C2C. Tonight ought to be a good one as well. And Eddie, I agree that English voices and their annunciations are rather "twat" like. Note how most great actors from Great Britain are almost always Irish, Scottish or Welsh?
There are some great British actors...but only if you're casting for fey headmasters, treacherous gay spies, posh artistes from Soho etc.

Zircon

Oh Eddie c'mon man ... Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins, Christian Bale, Colin Ferrell, Richard Burton, Ewen McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, ... and then look at your English 007's. Geez! Pencil-necked woodpeckers.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Zircon on August 12, 2012, 09:52:20 PM
Oh Eddie c'mon man ... Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins, Christian Bale, Colin Ferrell, Richard Burton, Ewen McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, ... and then look at your English 007's. Geez! Pencil-necked woodpeckers.
Inclusivity says the next 007 will be either a Rasta man from Brixton or a Paki mullah from Finsbury Park.

ShayP

There have been quite a few instances where I hear a clanking sound or glass hitting against something.  On one program I heard JBW apologize to the guest because he 'knocked over his cantina of water while reaching for it.'  I could give a shit if he's drinking.  I'd find it funny if he really is.  Like Zircon said, it's probably a job requirement.

BobGrau

I've always assumed he's either a massive stoner, or at least trying to give that impression.

ItsOver

Quote from: BobGrau on August 13, 2012, 03:29:43 PM
I've always assumed he's either a massive stoner, or at least trying to give that impression.

He sounds like a maryjane dude to me, with his rambling speech manner, lost moments, and obscure references.   He's like a reject from a bad rock FM station.  Johnny Fever would smoke him, though.

Rasputin

Out of all the times Wells has hosted on Saturday, I've only listened to one complete show. Again I tried to listen to the last offering on Saturday, but had to delete it.

They need to either get Glen Beck to fill this slot, or rename Wells shows "Tinfoil Night". Chem trails?? Give me a fucking break.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: ShayP on August 13, 2012, 01:01:58 PM
There have been quite a few instances where I hear a clanking sound or glass hitting against something.  On one program I heard JBW apologize to the guest because he 'knocked over his cantina of water while reaching for it.'  I could give a shit if he's drinking.  I'd find it funny if he really is.  Like Zircon said, it's probably a job requirement.
He sounds sober to me, but he often tells the listeners to get a spot of tea, so maybe he favors tea. (as opposed to Knapp who says to put on a pot of joe).   A recent picture of Wells in Hawaii showed him smoking, and I believe he's lit up a cigarette while on the air.

ShayP

Quote from: CoastCanuck on August 13, 2012, 06:31:36 PM
He sounds sober to me, but he often tells the listeners to get a spot of tea, so maybe he favors tea. (as opposed to Knapp who says to put on a pot of joe).   A recent picture of Wells in Hawaii showed him smoking, and I believe he's lit up a cigarette while on the air.

I didn't say he wasn't sober.....just (maybe) drinking.   ;)  The thing is with these guys is they can broadcast from home.  If I could do that, I'd be drinking.  LOL  ;D

eidos13

I really wish he could go more than a month without having shows on radiation. I really miss Ian on Saturdays.

Scully

Quote from: ziznak on August 12, 2012, 01:20:15 AM
Wells is engaged with his guests because most of his guests are doom whores like he is.  I have actually tuned in quite a bit to the JB Wells "apocalypse" Saturday shows and I find some of the conspiracies interesting but as a whole I just see it as a huge infomercial for doomsday preppers and fear mongers.  We all know that Wells has alternative motives for covering the topics he does.

"Doom whore," I like that.  It certainly does fit the Dopey One.

Please let me clarify about JBW doing the gay voice .  It has nothing to do with any English or British accent it was just fucking gay he raised his  voice like 10 octaves while trying to say something funny and totally turned me off for life.  I also hate it when these "hosts" tell me they believe in god...even Bell...I do think they should keep it to themselves!  Every time they do it, it sets a bias up for me as a listener.  Final point, I can't stand fricken minister Punett... he's a douche bag!

And the last thing I find Wells doing is being engaged.  I agree with someone else that says he sounds like a stoner with the annoying long pauses and the inarticulate and grandiose setups for his questions.  He needs to start to act like he likes the job.

Quote from: EgoFartSnooryBoy on April 28, 2012, 12:18:58 PM
WHAT
THE
F-U-C-K
IS
WRONG
WITH
ALL
OF
YOU?!!

JOHN "FAKE DEEP VOICE COCK SUCKING QUEER" WELLS IS THE WORST C2C HOST E-V-E-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even NOORY doesnt have SO MUCH DEAD AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is LESS PREPARED THAN NOORY! HE NEVER HAS ANY INTELLIGENT QUESTIONS EVER AND NEVER PREPARES FOR AANY INTERVIEW< AT LEAST NOORY HAS Q-CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOUR PLAINLY PUT ON VOICE AND PLAINLY PUT ON PERSONA!

Jumpin' Jesus!  CALM down.

rangers1919

Quote from: ShayP on August 06, 2012, 04:03:36 PM
I like JBW....

...BUT...if he keeps on his same path, he will surpass Noory with my dislike.  He has the chops to be an Art Bell type, however he is subtly putting his personal beliefs foremost to all guests and making comments againts government, etc.  Plus, he is all about HIS religion. 

I always thought C2C was neutral to all that shit.  Even Deacon Punnitt keeps it at a minimum.

Have you listened much in the last 12-15 years? Since Art's relentlessly cheering for the US to invade Iraq, and then increasing with the hiring of Noory the show has become a far-right Christian show. They generally repeat the most ridiculous claims of Glenn Beck on an almost daily basis. I do have to give them some credit, because they've toned down the religious comments lately. I found it interesting when Ian talked about it because he actually had a somewhat open mind, and was educated and thoughtful on the topic, but Noory bordered on retarded with his comments. I stopped listening for a long time when every single theory was met with "Could it have been Angels?" NO matter how ridiculous that theory could have been.

I liked tonight when Wells and the guest talked about leaks and both seemed to agree that the recent leaks are more damaging than leaks under the Bush administration, and specifically the Valerie Plame leak which was used in an effort to justify a lie to start the Iraq War. Leaking Stuxnet or the killing of bin Laden is horrible, but leaking the name of a CIA officer to debunk the accurate evidence her husband gathered which would kill some support for a war is fine.

MV/Liberace!

at the beginning of this thread, everyone seemed to love wells.  today, he's a turd in everyone's drink.  interesting evolution.  i've never heard the guy.  not once.  i wouldn't know.

ziznak

When I first started listening to coast again early this year I liked him... as time went on though I started to notice the repetitive subject matter and the Wellsian cliche's to the point of annoyance.  I have to admit though that as much as I say I don't like him and he's repetitive and his little sayings are moldy blah blah... I listen to EVERY show he does.  I listen to his shows much like Ian and Knapps shows meaning I will go out of my way to download and find time to listen through for the most part the whole show... However, I do a lot of gaming during my Wells playback.

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on August 19, 2012, 11:51:58 AM
at the beginning of this thread, everyone seemed to love wells.  today, he's a turd in everyone's drink.  interesting evolution.  i've never heard the guy.  not once.  i wouldn't know.

Imagine a host with a better voice than noory's, more intelligent, imaginative and thoughtful... who somehow STILL manages to suck more.

ItsOver

If it wasn't for his voice, I can't see any reason for him being a radio host.  Then again, there's Noory, so who knows.

Juan

I've shifted back and forth.  Now, I think he is inexperienced and not very good, but nowhere as bad as sNoory.

kierker

I was listening to part of the show on Sat night and although he has a great voice, I could not listen to the rest because every show is about how he is scared of china and how evil the muslims are.  Very limited world view that borders on bigotry.  Whenever his guest expresses liberal views, he calls them "pinko" like a kid bullying another kid in the playground.  Infantile and not very bright.  I'm also disappointed with George who is headed to senility, repeats the same stories and they're not that interesting!  I do think George is a nicer human being and would rather listen to him than John B. 

Morgus

Quote from: MV on August 19, 2012, 11:51:58 AM
that may be the 'anybody but Noory' syndrome at work.
at first everyone likes a new guest host compared to Noory, but after that wears off they discover the new guest hosts are also bad, just in a different way.  8)

Quote from: kierker on August 19, 2012, 02:15:33 PM
...  every show is about how he is scared of china and how evil the muslims are...

Yeah, how could anyone come to the conclusion China is dangerous and the Muslims are violent and full of hate for everyone else.

Grimace

Quote from: ziznak on August 19, 2012, 12:06:37 PM
When I first started listening to coast again early this year I liked him... as time went on though I started to notice the repetitive subject matter and the Wellsian cliche's to the point of annoyance.

My thoughts exactly. He's like a guy you meet that seems full of insight and cool stories, then you realize he just says the same shit over and over again and has been for years. Plus, I'm not in the market for a geiger counter.

ShayP

Quote from: Grimace on August 19, 2012, 04:21:11 PM
My thoughts exactly. He's like a guy you meet that seems full of insight and cool stories, then you realize he just says the same shit over and over again and has been for years. Plus, I'm not in the market for a geiger counter.

LMAO!  Hey...JBW's website wasn't always about geiger counters.  When i first checked it out it had different material...and geiger counters.   ;D  It's just weird it went soley to that.  I bet it was the Bosses at Clear Channel who told him to change it and remove some content.

CoastCanuck

John B. Wells was a guest on Sunday, Aug 19 Alex Jones show... Mike Adams was guest host.

Zircon

OK, possibly a bit over-the-top with the praise. The only eye-rolling chuckle I have with him is his "mother ship" and the suggestion he is in hiding to make these reports. But it is part of the schtick and nobody should get PO'd when he uses it. At least his guests aren't a bunch of frauds who think where a chicken liver lands and what cheap glass crystals roll this way or that are going to "reveal" anything to us.

If he sounds too "suave" then live with it. Noory is increasingly sounding like an excited child and asks stupid questions with obvious answers. If the guest could answer some of these completely nebulous questions, many science projects would already be shut down as the answers would have been found so the continued research unnecessary. I don't think Noory he prepares very well. I think Wells makes a better effort.

Anyway, that is what I have to say.

Am really glad that MV has this forum up and running once again. Hopefully the technical changes you've made will remedy our recent problems.