• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hardest questions to answer

Started by zeebo, March 20, 2017, 02:37:52 AM

zeebo

Quote from: Taaroa on March 30, 2017, 08:32:05 PM
The answer is no.

It is a good question though.  Along those lines .... If school cafeterias think Mexican Pizza is food, then why not Italian Tacos?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 05, 2017, 02:29:03 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?

I've told you before, both! They're the ideal 3-way, though, sadly, only Mary Ann has endured the ravages of age.

zeebo

Ginger on date nite, Mary Ann on stay-home-n-snuggle nite.

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2017, 08:51:48 PM
It is a good question though.  Along those lines .... If school cafeterias think Mexican Pizza is food, then why not Italian Tacos?
By God, you're onto something there, Zeebo.  Sounds really good.  Keep working on it. ;)

zeebo

Imagine an advanced scientific society, with plentiful resources where all needs were met, and where medical technology had solved most health problems, as well as assuring virtual immortality.  If all history & knowledge of religion were then blotted out - would it still return in some form?

Taaroa

What do you want?

What do you really want?

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on April 06, 2017, 02:05:07 AM
What do you really want?

I want what every man wants: tie me up with a golden lariat and force me to tell the truth.

Jackstar

Quote from: zeebo on April 06, 2017, 12:38:22 AM
Imagine an advanced scientific society, with plentiful resources where all needs were met, and where medical technology had solved most health problems, as well as assuring virtual immortality.  If all history & knowledge of religion were then blotted out - would it still return in some form?

This really isn't "a question" so much as "a shatted-out inkblot." Can you clean this up some? Thanks in advance--I wanna show this one to a friend, and it's presently an embarrassment.

Rix Gins

Does this song really work?  I keep getting lost when the daughter becomes the grandmother.

https://youtu.be/7AvG6q_iTcA

Epaphroditus

The bolded is a religion .

zeebo

Quote from: Jackstar on April 06, 2017, 01:17:48 PM

This really isn't "a question" so much as "a shatted-out inkblot." Can you clean this up some? Thanks in advance--I wanna show this one to a friend, and it's presently an embarrassment.

I think I sleep-posted that one.  Probably easier to scrap it, maybe get back on track with some Gilligan's Island questions.

K_Dubb

Maybe if religion served only the bottom of Maslow's pyramid, as in folk religion.  But I'd argue most of it addresses the top, and people would have a lot more time to think about that sort of thing.

heater

They'll still have BellGab right?

ShayP

Imagine an advanced scientific society, with plentiful resources where all needs were met, and where medical technology had solved most health problems, as well as assuring virtual immortality.  If all history & knowledge of religion were then blotted out - would it still return in some form?

Yes.  Most people need to believe in something.  Whether it's to guide them, give comfort, or provide a reason for something that can't be answered or excused.   ;)

zeebo

Quote from: themudking on April 06, 2017, 05:13:03 PM
They'll still have BellGab right?

Bellgab is assumed foundational to any advanced civilization, so yep.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on April 06, 2017, 05:34:58 PM
Bellgab is assumed foundational to any advanced civilization, so yep.

Type B Civilization?

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 06, 2017, 02:34:40 PM
Does this song really work?  I keep getting lost when the daughter becomes the grandmother.

https://youtu.be/7AvG6q_iTcA

The key is to cut out all the jive they throw in as obfuscation

Cut that out and this explains it pretty well

QuoteTo clarify:

When I was 23, I married a 46-year-old widow, who had a 23-year-old daughter from her first marriage. She became my adopted daughter.

My father married my adopted daughter. My father's new wife is called my step-mother.

My wife is the mother to my stepmother (adopted daughter), which makes her my mother's mother, or my grandmother.

Since my wife is my grandmother, I am her grandson.

As husband of my grandmother, I am the grandfather to my wife's grandson.

I am my own grandpa.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 06, 2017, 06:33:31 PM
The key is to cut out all the jive they throw in as obfuscation 

Cut that out and this explains it pretty well

Thanks, Walks.  For awhile there I thought the dude was sleeping with his grandmother...hey, wait a minute...

TigerLily

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on April 09, 2017, 12:34:22 AM

By a bizarre coincidence, the same number as licks to the center of a lollipop. 

Rix Gins

Quote from: zeebo on April 09, 2017, 01:32:52 AM
By a bizarre coincidence, the same number as licks to the center of a lollipop.

Or as much ground that a groundhog could grind, if a groundhog could grind ground.

whoozit

Quote from: TigerLily on April 09, 2017, 12:34:22 AM
A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, silly.

zeebo

Quote from: whoozit on April 09, 2017, 06:01:49 PM
A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, silly.

Just because a woodchuck could chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, it doesn't mean they would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on April 09, 2017, 07:12:17 PM
Just because a woodchuck could chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, it doesn't mean they would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

... But they should

If a man expresses his opinion in the forest - and no woman is around to hear it, is he still wrong?

zeebo

Quote from: Keyser Söze on April 09, 2017, 08:27:42 PM
If a man expresses his opinion in the forest - and no woman is around to hear it, is he still wrong?

If he has to ask, the forest isn't going to tell him.