• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2019, 08:13:33 PM
As would’ve happened no matter who became president, even Hillary. YAWN!

Nice try son...The fact is it's happened as a direct result of the policies brought in by Trump.. Underwritten by those god fearin, fiscally conservative bitches who pretend to like him in the Trump party.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 26, 2019, 08:47:03 PM
Nice try son...The fact is it's happened as a direct result of the policies brought in by Trump.. Underwritten by those god fearin, fiscally conservative bitches who pretend to like him in the Trump party.

Nope. It’s policy that’s been going on for literally decades now. It was wrong to begin with and president Trump is making the appropriate course correction now. Maybe try pulling your head out of your ass once in a while and look around.  ;)

Kidnostad3

Dems continue to resist while Trump delivers. 

https://youtu.be/JCZmJFaGxng

albrecht

Mueller on NOW with whatever statements...

Juan

Mueller was weazeley as was his report. Impeachment stumbles along. Our money is spent.

I was surprised at how frail Mueller looked - and at how shakily he read his written statement.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Juan on May 29, 2019, 09:23:11 AM
Mueller was weazeley as was his report. Impeachment stumbles along. Our money is spent.

I was surprised at how frail Mueller looked - and at how shakily he read his written statement.

Mueller's key point is that any testimony before Nadler's committee will not go beyond what is included in his report.  No further amplification, theorizing or speculation will be forthcoming.  It's a dead end. 

The MSM is already busy spinning Mueller's statement to the effect that it leaves the door wide open for congressional investigation and impeachment of Trump.  I honestly hope the Ds go for impeachment and it is fought out in the Senate. They have no idea of how this whole shit show is playing in Peoria.  They will get their asses handed to them and lose the House in the 2020 election. 

Gd5150

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 29, 2019, 10:01:48 AM
I honestly hope the Ds go for impeachment and it is fought out in the Senate. They have no idea of how this whole shit show is playing in Peoria.  They will get their asses handed to them and lose the House in the 2020 election.

They’ve been having their asses handed to them for 3 years. It’s a glorious time.

Gd5150

Quote”If we had had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so” - Bob Mueller

Bob Mueller clearly doesn’t even understand the most basic foundation of the American justice system.

QuoteOne of the most sacred principles in the American criminal justice system, holding that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty. In other words, the prosecution must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, each essential element of the crime charged.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/presumption_of_innocence

Not only could he and his 17 democrat contributors not prove collusion. They couldn’t even find a single shred of evidence of collusion.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on May 29, 2019, 09:23:11 AM

Trump still looks pretty good for a guy his age. :D

Juan

And how is it that two months after releasing the report, Mueller is just now resigning and shutting down the Special Council’s Office?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on May 29, 2019, 11:41:39 AM
And how is it that two months after releasing the report, Mueller is just now resigning and shutting down the Special Council’s Office?

He needed to milk a bit more of taxpayer’s money to get that new Lexus. Now he’s Audi 5000! ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 29, 2019, 11:24:33 AM
Bob Mueller clearly doesn’t even understand the most basic foundation of the American justice system.

Not only could he and his 17 democrat contributors not prove collusion. They couldn’t even find a single shred of evidence of collusion.
The upcoming IG report should be very interesting.  The warm-up before the take-down of the coup conspirators, if there is any true justice.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 29, 2019, 11:46:30 AM
He needed to milk a bit more of taxpayer’s money to get that new Lexus. Now he’s Audi 5000! ;)
[attachment=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 29, 2019, 11:24:33 AM

As comments go, that must rank up there as one of your more idiotic on so many levels. Seriously. Stick to virtual choo choos, because anything more advanced is lost on you.

That's because he wasn't tasked with looking for a non existent statute in law, it's only an act. Conspiracy is the breach in law..

But he did find this:

QuoteMultiple witnesses recalled that the President
viewed the Russia investigations as a challenge to the legitimacy of his election. The President
paid careful attention to negative coverage of Flynn and reacted with annoyance and anger when
the story broke disclosing that Flynn had discussed sanctions with Kislyak . Just hours before
meeting one-on-one with Comey, the President told Christie that firing Flynn would put an end to
the Russia inquiries . And after Christie pushed back , telling the President that firing Flynn would
not end the Russia investigation , the President asked Christie to reach out to Comey and convey
that the President liked him and he was part of "the team." That afternoon , the President cleared
the room and asked Comey to "let[] Flynn go."

Why let Flynn go? 

QuoteThe investigation identified two different forms of connections between the IRA and
. members of the Trump Campaign. (The investigation identified no similar connections between
the IRA and the Clinton Campaign .) First, on multiple occasions, members and surrogates of the
Trump Campaign promoted-typically by linking, retweeting , or similar methods of reposting -
pro-Trump or anti-Clinton content published by the IRA through IRA-controlled social media
accounts. Additionally, in a few instances, IRA employees represented themselves as U.S. persons
to communicate with members of the Trump Campaign in an effort to seek assistance and
coordination on IRA-organized political rallies inside the United States.

He did take up almost the entire second volume with explaining he was stymied with Trump refusing to give evidence*, and various other incidents of lying, obfuscation and general avoidance by the Trump circus...However he did get 6 to plead guilty and a couple more to to tell the truth and pass on 14 (12 under seal) to other jurisdictions for them to indict.

* Trump's own lawyer told Trump face to face that he couldn't talk to Mueller because "You can't tell the fucking truth".

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/04/18/mueller-report-searchable.pdf

Look yourself. But make sure you read all of it.

In sum, the investigation established that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election
through the "active measures" social media campaign carried out by the IRA, an organization
funded by Prigozhin and companies that he controlled . As explained further in Volume I, Section
V.A, infra, the Office concluded (and a grand jury has alleged) that Prigozhin, his companies , and
IRA employees violated U.S. law through these operations, principally by undermining through
deceptive acts the work of federal agencies charged with regulating foreign influence in U.S.
elections .

Why hasn't Trump put measures in place to stop it happening in 2020?

Maybe this tweet was a giveaway?

Whoever the Dem nominee turns out to be, my opinion is that they have to channel Ronald Reagan if they want to win.

Trump, like most successful politicians, has realized that most people don't want to listen to long, complex policy proposals.  They want simple solutions to complex problems.  They want to hear a proposal that (a) they can understand, so they can feel like they are involved and support, and (b) seems simple enough to effect an unqualified and conclusive solution. Trump's innovation was realizing that it doesn't matter if the solution is demonstrably unworkable, or that he's lying about some of the information that he presents.  It doesn't have to be true, so long as it moves his audience.

Reagan's genius was understanding that once you propose that simple solution, you immediately lose about half of the public, depending upon its ideological basis.  Instead, Reagan abstracted the discussion to talking about ideals, principles, and aspirations.  Nearly all of us want to feel proud of our country and our heritage; a sense of optimism about the future; and that the solutions to our problems lie within ourselves, and therefore are within our control.  By appealing to cultural universals, and leaving the details TBD, he was able to rally a majority of Americans to support him.  Then he had his underlings proceed with whatever misguided simple solution they had come up with to the complex problem at hand.  Rather than fight that solution, his critics were distracted by the need to discredit him and undermine his support.  They did this by casting him as a simpleton and a puppet.  This sapped the opposition of energy and resources, further strengthening his hand.

This technique made him a great leader.  I say this as someone who didn't support the policies of his administration.  It also wore well over time.  A lot of the bad feelings in life tend to soften with distance, and his policies and administration become rosier, nostalgic, and uncomplicated.  This is particularly true when held up against the Bush II, Obama and Trump administrations, where it's mostly about partisanship and appeals to universals rarely occur. 

If the Dem candidate passes on engaging Trump at his own rigged game, and instead uses the same technique to appeal to the angels of our better nature, then he/she has a chance to win.  I think it would be hard to argue, if you look back to where we were around 1950, that the country isn't demonstrably more just than it was then.  Of course there are some lingering effects of our ignoble history, and pockets of inequality exist.  It's not a perfect world.  But if you look at the demographic trends for the next 50 years, the Obama presidency more closely reflects what the country is becoming than Trump's does.  The message should be one of hope, that we are lurching towards a more enlightened place, not a bleak worldview that Trump represents a moral corruption at the heart of white society.

albrecht

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/alan-dershowitz-declares-he-would-support-biden-over-trump-in-2020/

Certainly not due to Biden's groping and Epstein's apparent flights and parties on a certain fellow member's island and plane?  Maybe Trump should ask or suggest the DOJ reopen the case?  Or he is afraid of that? On the other hand Trump himself said that Epstein "likes them young" some years ago....and appointed the prosecutor who let him "get off" easy...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html 

https://gawker.com/flight-logs-put-clinton-dershowitz-on-pedophile-billio-1681039971 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-02/dershowitz-wants-press-blocked-orgy-island-pedophile-jeffrey-epstein-hearing 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/epstein-accuser-sues-alan-dershowitz-over-alleged-sex-ring 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 29, 2019, 11:30:50 AM
Trump still looks pretty good for a guy his age. :D

Sure, for a bloke who dines on Big Macs, KFC, ice cream (Two scoops) and playing golf. As opposed to someone who went to war in Vietnam, saved a man's life, and then served in the FBI.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 29, 2019, 11:46:30 AM

So far Trump has run up over $100 Million, using AF1 to play golf. You remember, that game he wouldn't have time to play because he wouldn't want to leave the WH.

artbell_ghost

Quote from: StarrMountain on June 07, 2019, 07:44:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWIgz34tIqo

are you sure this is really starrmountan?  the style seems off from the thought provoking missives she shares on the other site.

i like the sheila in the green so much

Yorkshire pud

Funny how none of the Trump cult members have squawked about no collusion in the last few days...Might that be because of Trump's interview with George Stephanopoulos? Possibly so!

Other than suggesting the former WH attorney lied under oath, he also said that the head of the FBI was wrong to say that accepting offered info from a foreign government was something the FBI would want to know about.. It's great how Trump gets all in a tizzy when he isn't sent softball questions.

https://youtu.be/okURdp9Rvak

Here's what George Conway (hubby of Kellyanne 'alternative facts' Conway) conveyed. (I also think the Sara Sanders one is good)  :D

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2019, 02:20:57 PM
Sure, for a bloke who dines on Big Macs, KFC, ice cream (Two scoops) and playing golf. As opposed to someone who went to war in Vietnam, saved a man's life, and then served in the FBI.
Don't forget all the Diet Cokes.

However unhealthy his diet might be this could be a part of a tactic to avoid poisoning by enemies, foreign or domestic. He should just hire a food tester instead.  Though this could all be untrue and a false story planted to both infuriate Democrat vegans and Hollywood dieters, appeal to the people an attempt to seem like "everyone else," and frustrate whoever might want to poison him since it would be more difficult poison via some fast-food joint theoretically than done in the kitchen at home. Or he just likes that food.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on June 15, 2019, 03:11:14 PM
Don't forget all the Diet Cokes.

However unhealthy his diet might be this could be a part of a tactic to avoid poisoning by enemies, foreign or domestic. He should just hire a food tester instead.  Though this could all be untrue and a false story planted to both infuriate Democrat vegans and Hollywood dieters, appeal to the people an attempt to seem like "everyone else," and frustrate whoever might want to poison him since it would be more difficult poison via some fast-food joint theoretically than done in the kitchen at home. Or he just likes that food.

Or he just was never taught to use a knife and fork. It wouldn't be a stretch because apparently he can't walk up and down stairs either.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2019, 03:29:03 PM

Or he just was never taught to use a knife and fork. It wouldn't be a stretch because apparently he can't walk up and down stairs either.
Despite wealth, or maybe on account of it, I'm pretty sure he knows how to use a knife and fork- though likely in the American-Style, not the Continental-Style, which actually seems to be more efficient.  Private clubs, elite schools, nanny raised, etc folks usually have decent manners (during the meals -afterwards or in basements, towards staff, etc maybe not so much.) 

Didn't he recently fall like your Democrat Hillary so often did and I missed it? Haven't watched the news recently.  What's the stairs issue? He likes to use elevators or escalators? Or did he fall and have to be followed by a bunch of handlers to help even stand up like Hillary?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on June 15, 2019, 03:34:48 PM
Despite wealth, or maybe on account of it, I'm pretty sure he knows how to use a knife and fork- though likely in the American-Style, not the Continental-Style, which actually seems to be more efficient.  Private clubs, elite schools, nanny raised, etc folks usually have decent manners (during the meals -afterwards or in basements, towards staff, etc maybe not so much.) 

Didn't he recently fall like your Democrat Hillary so often did and I missed it? Haven't watched the news recently.  What's the stairs issue? He likes to use elevators or escalators? Or did he fall and have to be followed by a bunch of handlers to help even stand up like Hillary?

My Democratic Hillary? I was never a fan, but I digress. Wouldn't surprise me if he fell over, roll over on his back, goggles on for the spray tan/orange.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2019, 03:39:09 PM
My Democratic Hillary? I was never a fan, but I digress. Wouldn't surprise me if he fell over, roll over on his back, goggles on for the spray tan/orange.
So no news, just juvenile insults. I was thinking maybe he pulled Ford or Hillary type of event.  In Ford's case it was sort of a shame because one of the more legitimately athletic President but that one fall, and a few other accidents involving hitting people with balls, and Chevy Chase's version made him for posterity seen almost like a Hillary with no motor-skills or a collapsing drunk.  Power of the entertainment media.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on June 15, 2019, 03:44:16 PM
So no news, just juvenile insults. I was thinking maybe he pulled Ford or Hillary type of event.  In Ford's case it was sort of a shame because one of the more legitimately athletic President but that one fall, and a few other accidents involving hitting people with balls, and Chevy Chase's version made him for posterity seen almost like a Hillary with no motor-skills or a collapsing drunk.  Power of the entertainment media.

What's insulting about a spray tan? Other than I suppose expecting other people to believe it's a natural skin colour.