• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:15:21 PM
Yeah, my wife has a kidney infection.  Why couldn’t she schedule the ER visit for a more convenient time like Falkie would?  I already have it in my will to press the post button in case I die in the middle of a post.

Hope your wife feels better soon!

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:36:04 PM
I do, but I’ve never peed my dog.  I don’t know, nor want to know, how to do that.
Speaking of pee, apparently finding good pee locations is critical in KY.

http://youtu.be/9l7yeC6MYWc

whoozit

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 10, 2018, 07:44:09 PM
Hope your wife feels better soon!
Thanks.  We’re stuck here while they run lab work.  It is ironic that she works as a lab tech at this hospital.

trostol

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 10, 2018, 05:35:54 PM
In the Las Vegas Valley... They need electricity or they've got even bigger problems!  There's that show 20 years without humans or whatever it's called.  And it shows what will happen to the area..  I don't want to spoil it for you.

Spoil it...I wanna know. ..could never remember when that show was on

ge30542

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:34:23 PM
Americans don’t eat fries with mayo.  That’s a European thing.
"FREEDOM FRIES"!

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:43:42 PM
Can you explain donair to me?  I asked in a restaurant in Canada that served it and they said it was meat.  I need a little more description than that.  Is it like Gyro?
Gyros, Shawarma, and Doner Kebab are similar. But like the region from whence they came it is about politics, sorta. Similar foods and people but separated, bitterly often, by religion and national origin.  Meat, often lamb or goat, on a rotisserie and shaved off. I not quite clear, and don't want to know, how they prepare the meat to get into that artificial shape to put on the stick.

Freyja

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 07:40:26 PM
Can I wear my toque?

NO, you have to strip to your undies, and jump into one of the Great Lakes...then after that, build an igloo, make some deer or caribou stew with a maple syrup  sauce, with fiddleheads...and then, maybe we will let you wear a toque. 

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 10, 2018, 07:45:22 PM
Speaking of pee, apparently finding good pee locations is critical in KY.

http://youtu.be/9l7yeC6MYWc
I would worry a bit about poison ivy at that location. A good back porch the best. No need to don footwear, you have the fresh night air and stars to look up at, and you got the drop action going on.

whoozit

I’ll be driving through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in July on my way to a fishing trip in Newfoundland. 

Freyja

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 07:34:30 PM
We do? I've never seen it. You are thinking Belgians, French, and Dutch. They love Mayo on their frites.

Poutine seems like it would be awesome, but I've never tried.

Good poutine is truly awesome while you're eating eat...kinda make you feel like crap afterward....for me.

It's a great food high.

albrecht

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:55:39 PM
Good poutine is truly awesome while you're eating eat...kinda make you feel like crap afterward....for me.

It's a great food high.
Yeah, it definitely seems like one of those foods one would eat after the bars close type of thing.

comaphobe

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 05:57:35 PM
A GREAT movie that, for political reasons, the Academy overlooked. Hanks's best role and solid performances by everyone else. Chock full of great actors and great character actors.

I totally agree, The Burbs was A++.

Freyja

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:55:01 PM
I’ll be driving through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in July on my way to a fishing trip in Newfoundland.

Hope that you have a great trip.

If you're going to try poutine, make sure you go to a good smoke house near Quebec...better yet enjoy the seafood on your trip.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:51:20 PM
NO, you have to strip to your undies, and jump into one of the Great Lakes...then after that, build an igloo, make some deer or caribou stew with a maple syrup  sauce, with fiddleheads...and then, maybe we will let you wear a toque.

I can do that. Well, except for the undies. Waste of good cotton. Everything else is a piece of cake. Well as long as it is winter or there is a nearby glacier to accommodate the igloo.

Did you know that Lake Michigan has now become the clearest of the Great Lakes because of the zebra mussels?  When I was a kid it wasn't clear. Of course when I was a kid there was a sign at Pt Pelee park saying not to let the water from Lake Erie make contact with your skin.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:55:39 PM

It's a great food high.

I was at Whistler/Blackcombe in December but the poutine did not look appetizing.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 07:58:27 PM
I can do that. Well, except for the undies. Waste of good cotton. Everything else is a piece of cake. Well as long as it is winter or there is a nearby glacier to accommodate the igloo.

Did you know that Lake Michigan has now become the clearest of the Great Lakes because of the zebra mussels?  When I was a kid it wasn't clear. Of course when I was a kid there was a sign at Pt Pelee park saying not to let the water from Lake Erie make contact with your skin.
Weird. LCRA and TPWD keeps telling us how bad Zebra Mussels are!

wr250

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 07:26:03 PM
I like Canada. I hate poutine.
i hate sn*w, but i love maple syrup and bacon.

albrecht

Quote from: comaphobe on May 10, 2018, 07:57:11 PM
One of those movies that can be rewatched countless times and you will still laugh.

Freyja

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 07:51:02 PM
Gyros, Shawarma, and Doner Kebab are similar. But like the region from whence they came it is about politics, sorta. Similar foods and people but separated, bitterly often, by religion and national origin.  Meat, often lamb or goat, on a rotisserie and shaved off. I not quite clear, and don't want to know, how they prepare the meat to get into that artificial shape to put on the stick.

Try some Sri Lanken food. Crazy good and spicy.

Yeah, they layer the meat on a rotisserie

We have a taste of the world here relative to cuisine in the Toronto greater area...truly amazing really

chefist

Quote from: wr250 on May 10, 2018, 08:01:10 PM
i hate sn*w, but i love maple syrup and bacon.

Yea, same thing...but if you did have to deal with the snow, bacon and maple syrup help.

Freyja

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 07:59:47 PM
I was at Whistler/Blackcombe in December but the poutine did not look appetizing.

They have no clue about poutine in western Canada...it probably was crap

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 08:04:25 PM

I have spent a lot of time in Montreal. I was stationed in Plattsburgh, NY.

aldousburbank

But the poontang there is super yummy!

albrecht

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 08:02:38 PM
Try some Sri Lanken food. Crazy good and spicy.

Yeah, they layer the meat on a rotisserie

We have a taste of the world here relative to cuisine in the Toronto greater area...truly amazing really
Wouldn't that primarily be vegetarian?
The Indonesian (Dutch East Indies) Satay/Sate is good. Surprising how peanut butter goes well with meat. It is also a 'street food' in Holland. I like "Indian" (really Pakistani because uses meat.) Another good after happy hour drinks meal and nice, spicy lamb vindaloo. It also helps 'clean out the pipes' and we all know how good Toomeric is.  ;)

chefist

A buddy of mine ordered it at a Tim Hortons on our way to Toronto...it looked liked a dirty diaper.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 08:00:12 PM
Weird. LCRA and TPWD keeps telling us how bad Zebra Mussels are!

Read about Lake Michigan. They have totally destroyed the food chain.

Freyja

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 07:58:27 PM

So are you saying that the zebra muscles made the lake clearer?

The great lakes are a disaster with all the pollution, nuclear plants, other industrial waste.
I am very close to Lake Ontario...makes me cry to see what "humanity" has done to these huge and wonderfull once were natural largest fresh water lakes on this planet  :'(

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 08:07:41 PM
Wouldn't that primarily be vegetarian?
The Indonesian (Dutch East Indies) Satay/Sate is good. Surprising how peanut butter goes well with meat. It is also a 'street food' in Holland. I like "Indian" (really Pakistani because uses meat.) Another good after happy hour drinks meal and nice, spicy lamb vindaloo. It also helps 'clean out the pipes' and we all know how good Toomeric is.  ;)

Thai is my favorite. Lots of Thai restaurants near me. Lots of Thai massage places too.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: comaphobe on May 10, 2018, 07:57:11 PM
Love it! Satan is good, Satan is your pal. Lol.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 08:08:35 PM
So are you saying that the zebra muscles made the lake clearer?

The great lakes are a disaster with all the pollution, nuclear plants, other industrial waste.
I am very close to Lake Ontario...makes me cry to see what "humanity" has done to these huge and wonderfull once were natural largest fresh water lakes on this planet  :'(

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-lake-michigan-water-clarity-20180126-story.html