• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: Big Chicken on May 10, 2018, 07:10:17 PM
Extra Credit is available if you take up Asps or drink a little strychnine.

;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:08:59 PM
Hell, you can't be that old..really?

So sorry to hear that..guess you just might be as young as I am!!

OMG let's not thing about time...40 years...remember time does not exist as some say.

Hugs

Well I am pretty sure that the injury was in a previous lifetime. I didn’t know you lived in Canada. I am actually surprised to see how many Canadians find their way to BellGab. MV’s URL must be plastered in all the Tim Horton’s bathroom stalls.

trust_no_one

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 05:55:18 PM
There is literally nothing she could do to convince me.

Nope, you got it right. PBS.  Nothing she could do to get me to subscribe or listen.

Wouldn't even get lured in by the "real story" because it would be as fake as the adopted radio voice...

whoozit

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 07:11:38 PM
Holy shit...are you ok?
Yeah, my wife has a kidney infection.  Why couldn’t she schedule the ER visit for a more convenient time like Falkie would?  I already have it in my will to press the post button in case I die in the middle of a post.

Freyja

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:10:03 PM
Stuck in an ER.  I do feel like I’m in hell.

Positive and healing energy...hope all will be good.

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:15:21 PM
Yeah, my wife has a kidney infection.  Why couldn’t she schedule the ER visit for a more convenient time like Falkie would?  I already have it in my will to press the post button in case I die in the middle of a post.

Man, the ladies are more susceptible to those things...I hope everything turns out ok, man.

Ha...exactly...he uses the ER has his primary care...jerk.

whoozit

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 07:17:40 PM
Man, the ladies are more susceptible to those things...I hope everything turns out ok, man.

Ha...exactly...he uses the ER has his primary care...jerk.
I’m sure she’ll be fine.  Women’s plumbing does seem to be more delicate.  It look like over 75% of the people here share Senda’s primary care physician.

Freyja

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 07:13:45 PM
Well I am pretty sure that the injury was in a previous lifetime. I didn’t know you lived in Canada. I am actually surprised to see how many Canadians find their way to BellGab. MV’s URL must be plastered in all the Tim Horton’s bathroom stalls.

You American's have to get over yourselves.

It's a huge planet and a larger universe out there....beyond the USA .

And if we have met in a previous lifetime or other, I just may be able show you some stuff you may have never seen in the next or before....and not in a Timmy's.   

albrecht

Quote from: Big Chicken on May 10, 2018, 07:10:17 PM
Extra Credit is available if you take up Asps or drink a little strychnine.

The big kid drinking the moonshine strychnine looks, and apparently acts, like a young John Candy. I also note a tattoo, not sure Pastor Butch would approve even though, technically, Leviticus 19:28 doesn't apply to Christians.

The old guy handling those snakes are nothing. He should go to a Rattlesnake Roundup down here. People in sleeping bags full of rattlers, people in bathtub of rattlers, snake sacking contests, snake milking demonstrations, fried rattlesnake and other fair food. And carney-operated rides.

whoozit

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 07:23:54 PM
The big kid drinking the moonshine strychnine looks, and apparently acts, like a young John Candy. I also note a tattoo, not sure Pastor Butch would approve even if technically, Leviticus 19:28 doesn't apply to Christians. The old guy handling those snakes are nothing. He should go to a Rattlesnake Roundup down here. People in sleeping bags full of rattlers, people in bathtub of rattlers, snake sacking contests, snake milking demonstrations, fried rattlesnake and other fair food. And carney-operated rides.
Milking snakes, peeing dogs, this place is becoming some sort of nature film.

chefist

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:22:07 PM

And if we met in a previous lifetime or other, I'll show you some stuff you may have never seen in the next or before....and not in a Timmy's.

I like Canada. I hate poutine.

Big Chicken

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 07:23:54 PM
The big kid drinking the moonshine strychnine looks, and apparently acts, like a young John Candy. I also note a tattoo, not sure Pastor Butch would approve even though, technically, Leviticus 19:28 doesn't apply to Christians.

The old guy handling those snakes are nothing. He should go to a Rattlesnake Roundup down here. People in sleeping bags full of rattlers, people in bathtub of rattlers, snake sacking contests, snake milking demonstrations, fried rattlesnake and other fair food. And carney-operated rides.

Well we could have called Pastor Butch on his show tonight but he's off to Pittsburgh to pick up family so Jim Fetzer is sitting in as guest host tonight on Call to Decision
Unlike some. Butch fears not the prospect of a guest host.

http://www.gcnlive.com/JW1D/index.php/onair

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:25:36 PM
Some kind of 'nature film' one might seen advertised on a seedy poster on 42nd St in the bad old days or Bangkok, Boy's Town, or Amsterdam with a lot of furtive creepy guys in overcoats avoiding the rowdier groups of drunken sailors on leave entering the premises.

ps; hope all turns out well for your wife. ERs can suck. Often you can get your doctor/surgeon to by-pass it if they have admitting privileges.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: trust_no_one on May 10, 2018, 07:13:45 PM
Nope, you got it right. PBS.  Nothing she could do to get me to subscribe or listen.

Wouldn't even get lured in by the "real story" because it would be as fake as the adopted radio voice...
Solidarity bellgabber!

Freyja

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 07:26:03 PM
I like Canada. I hate poutine.

Then you have NEVER had a good poutine.
Fresh cut fries, smoked beef brisket, a bit of Canadian melted cheese, some green onion, gravy...and add some Heinz kethup...depends where you go.

Then you Americans eat fries with Mayo...what's up with that?

Quote from: SnapT on May 10, 2018, 07:29:26 PM
Art Bell's TRUE legacy is live...

https://youtu.be/Li50bRBBzrg

Oh no.   

Don't watch............
Don't watch............
Don't watch............

I'm going to watch.  Gotta see if Talkie the Hellcat is free and if George gets his $500 clams

whoozit

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:31:30 PM
Fresh cut fries, smoked beef brisket, a bit of Canadian melted cheese, some green onion, gravy...and add some Heinz kethup...depends where you go.

Americans don’t eat fries with mayo.  That’s a European thing.

albrecht

We do? I've never seen it. You are thinking Belgians, French, and Dutch. They love Mayo on their frites.

Poutine seems like it would be awesome, but I've never tried.

Freyja

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:25:36 PM

So...you have a problem with that?
What's wrong with Mother Nature?
She will get us all sooner or later.
And...you don't pee?

chefist

Your description sounds much better...however, I prefer my fries with nothing...it takes so much effort to get them crispy, anything they touch ruins that...

I find mayo, ketchup and peanut butter disgusting...but that's just me. Fries were invented in Belgium, where they eat them with mayo...that's not an American thing...we invented ketchup, that's ours...which as mentioned, I find disgusting as well...

aldousburbank

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:34:23 PM

I don't even eat mayo with mayo.

whoozit

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:34:39 PM
So...you have a problem with that?
What's wrong with Mother Nature?
She will get us all sooner or later.
And...you don't pee?
I do, but I’ve never peed my dog.  I don’t know, nor want to know, how to do that.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 07:35:00 PM
Your description sounds much better...however, I prefer my fries with nothing...it takes so much effort to get them crispy, anything they touch ruins that...

I find mayo, ketchup and peanut butter disgusting...but that's just me. Fries were invented in Belgium, where they eat them with mayo...that's not an American thing...we invented ketchup, that's ours...which as mentioned, I find disgusting as well...
Vinegar and salt is good on them (I actually like white over the malted but both work.) The curry catsup popular in Germany and Holland is sort of good on them.

Mayo, catsup, and peanut butter on anything disgusting, or just fries? (I never heard of peanut butter on fries but I could see it as some kind of sate road food deal?)

Freyja

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2018, 07:34:23 PM

No, not true.
I have relatives in TN & NC and they all have fries with mayo...gross for me.
They don't even know about ketchup, vinegar etc.
Europeans don't do fries like we do in NA...maybe in France somewhere, but nowhere else. ..so NO...fries are not a European thing.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:22:07 PM

And if we have met in a previous lifetime or other, I just may be able show you some stuff you may have never seen in the next or before....and not in a Timmy's.

Can I wear my toque?

whoozit

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:39:12 PM
No, not true.
Europeans don't do fries like we do in NA...maybe in France somewhere, but nowhere else. ..so NO...fries are not a European thing.
I believe were created in Belgium.  In Holland mayo and fries is definitely a thing.

albrecht

Quote from: Freyja on May 10, 2018, 07:39:12 PM
No, not true.
Sure they do. Especially in the Low Countries. You buy them in paper cones and use Mayo, or catsup, or other sauces they got.  Very popular. And in the UK you have fries (''chips') and they are also very popular and sort of the same way but they like vinegar or catsup, not mayo. Everyone likes salt. I never seen an American use Mayo on fries, interesting. On burgers, sammiches, etc? Sure but not on fries.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 07:37:44 PM
Vinegar and salt is good on them (I actually like white over the malted but both work.) The curry catsup popular in Germany and Holland is sort of good on them.

Mayo, catsup, and peanut butter on anything disgusting, or just fries? (I never heard of peanut butter on fries but I could see it as some kind of sate road food deal?)

Ha...those 3 are just the bane of my culinary existence...in general, not on fries.  ;D

On thicker cut fries...like steak fries, I do enjoy malt vinegar...but, a drop or two right before you eat it...so you don't ruin the crispness...

White...I can see that...basically ketchup, mayo, whatever all have vinegar in them...so it makes sense to use vinegar on potatoes...

whoozit

Can you explain donair to me?  I asked in a restaurant in Canada that served it and they said it was meat.  I need a little more description than that.  Is it like Gyro?