• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

She canna handle it, Captain!

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 10, 2018, 04:27:48 PM
I wonder where Pahrump gets its water from?  Thing is if you're in the desert, you're shit out of luck if an EMP knocks out the power for 6 months.

In Az, we get ours from a very large aquifer and have emergency storage for the cities via the Central Arizona Project...we produce all our own needs...it's actually California that would be totally F'd.

I'm not sure about Nevada...I think Lake Mead is their only viable option...which is the Colorado River...we knew decades ago we could not rely on that.

albrecht

I wonder where Pahrump gets its water from?  Thing is if you're in the desert, you're shit out of luck if an EMP knocks out the power for 6 months.
I wanna say I read that, at least originally, the wells in Pahrump were artesian and why Indians liked the place way back? In any event I'm sure they are lower now with development, agriculture (formerly,) and drought. But I'm not sure which aquifer and if it is a part of a large one or more local one. Depending on water table even if not still artesian you can manually pump or use diesel engine. Many oil pumpjacks etc are 'off the grid' work that way.

Sean92008

In the Las Vegas Valley... They need electricity or they've got even bigger problems!  There's that show 20 years without humans or whatever it's called.  And it shows what will happen to the area..  I don't want to spoil it for you.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 10, 2018, 04:21:27 PM
How can I be like 35 pages behind on this thread?  What the hell went down today?   
It should be mellowing out now.................
More gems from Paul & Ella and questions of whether they deserve their own thread so that people can keep up with their zany and bizarre posts.

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 05:27:15 PM
In Az, we get ours from a very large aquifer and have emergency storage for the cities via the Central Arizona Project...we produce all our own needs...it's actually California that would be totally F'd.

I'm not sure about Nevada...I think Lake Mead is their only viable option...which is the Colorado River...we knew decades ago we could not rely on that.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be gonculating how far Javelins fly and the focal point of a concave lens?

DaveScottSOR

Paul and Ella definitely need their own thread. 

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 05:36:32 PM
More gems from Paul & Ella and questions of whether they deserve their own thread so that people can keep up with their zany and bizarre posts.

Thanks man.  I saw that.  We can only hope that Dietrich's Angels and Rose Dio never co-ordinate with Ella & Paul.   That would be bad.  Very bad.

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 10, 2018, 05:37:55 PM
Hey, aren't you supposed to be gonculating how far Javelins fly and the focal point of a concave lens?

Ha...funny story about when I first moved to AZ...I had went to a softball game at night...on my drive back to my apartment, I witnessed this bizarre family of quadrupeds crossing the road...they looked completely alien to me...I was freaked out...I thought I knew all the large mammals in North America

I told the story the next day at work...they laughed at explained about javelina...funny what you see quickly at night in your headlights can look nothing like the real thing...

We really should have just gone with a new Midnight In the Desert W/ Dave thread. The old one should have been changed to By Midnight I Was Shit-Canned with Redacted. I kind of want this thread to not be derailed by her drama. We could have a whole place for that. Braise, MV...slowly for that.

dsz

What would Heather have to do or say, or what guests would she have to bring on in her first week to compel you to sign up with her?

ShayP

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 10, 2018, 05:41:08 PM
We really should have just gone with a new Midnight In the Desert W/ Dave thread. The old one should have been changed to By Midnight I Was Shit-Canned with Redacted. I kind of want this thread to not be derailed by her drama. We could have a whole place for that. Braise, MV...slowly for that.

Sean92008

Quote from: dsz on May 10, 2018, 05:42:00 PM
What would Heather have to do or say, or what guests would she have to bring on in her first week to compel you to sign up with her?

Heather never did market research before.  Starting now is a little too late.

GravitySucks

That Art was going to keep the chair warm until she is done grieving and can return.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ShayP on May 10, 2018, 05:43:25 PM

I kind of hate going on and on about her when we’re trying to also make nice with the new guy. It’s confusing and weird. (Or maybe that’s just me).

Okay, I can’t say I hate it.  :P It would just be easier to put Heather and Dave and Art into their own “boxes”. It’s a lot of crap to wade through.

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 05:41:03 PM
Ha...funny story about when I first moved to AZ...I had went to a softball game at night...on my drive back to my apartment, I witnessed this bizarre family of quadrupeds crossing the road...they looked completely alien to me...I was freaked out...I thought I knew all the large mammals in North America

I told the story the next day at work...they laughed at explained about javelina...funny what you see quickly at night in your headlights can look nothing like the real thing...

Wait until you run into a pack of Coati Mundi. Even us natives freak because they do not seem at all like something that should be jumping around and hanging from trees in the desert.

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 05:41:03 PM

I guess that would be a tad freaky

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 10, 2018, 05:41:08 PM

Agree.  I think we should transfer all the Heather Wade era comments to a new thread called Cuckshed In The Desert.

Say nothing. Because as soon as she opens her mouth, I'm put off. And she really likes the sound of her own voice.

What's the chances she opens on her return with ''And coming up next, one of my most favorite people.....''

She has a lot of very favorite people, has Heather

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 10, 2018, 05:35:54 PM
In the Las Vegas Valley... They need electricity or they've got even bigger problems!  There's that show 20 years without humans or whatever it's called.  And it shows what will happen to the area..  I don't want to spoil it for you.

I love that part of the country but no way I'd live in a place with no natural water source.

69CheckMate

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 07:29:36 AM
Trouble is he was booked to talk about what he claims he is doing now. Not to rehash everything he has said before. The Shield Act

We really need someone credible to cover the SHIELD act... It IS an important subject that needs to be spread about and get people raising hell about!

ponyboysunset

There is literally nothing she could do to convince me.

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 10, 2018, 05:50:48 PM
Wait until you run into a pack of Coati Mundi. Even us natives freak because they do not seem at all like something that should be jumping around and hanging from trees in the desert.

Ha..exactly. I used to live off of Coatimundi Rd in Rio Rico...but they are very elusive.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 10, 2018, 05:51:54 PM
Agree.  I think we should transfer all the Heather Wade era comments to a new thread called Cuckshed In The Desert.

Or simply #LEGACY  :P

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 10, 2018, 05:51:38 PM
I guess that would be a tad freaky

Oh, shit...exactly...I thought they were huge, mutated, radioactive rats...

albrecht

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 10, 2018, 05:52:18 PM
Same dog that was in The Burbs'

A GREAT movie that, for political reasons, the Academy overlooked. Hanks's best role and solid performances by everyone else. Chock full of great actors and great character actors.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 69CheckMate on May 10, 2018, 05:55:04 PM
We really need someone credible to cover the SHIELD act... It IS an important subject that needs to be spread about and get people raising hell about!

Send your recommendations to producer Michelle