• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Smeghead on May 09, 2018, 05:39:53 AM
Hahahahaha.. I spewed coffee all over the place.  Even drank more so I could spew again.  Spews a cool word.

I actually registered yesterday just to reply to this.  That nailed what she sounds like.  Never been able to listen to her after trying a few times years ago.

Hi everyone.  Long time lurker and listener, first time poster.

Where's the donuts and coffee.

We're waiting for MV to make his morning run.. he's been slacking off the last couple of days. (Gotta make the proverbial donuts to buy the real ones).  ;)

Praise MV!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 09, 2018, 01:36:48 AM
Good show.

I'd love to hear JC, Area 51 pilot and Mel's Hole actors come clean on the AB tribute show on MitD.

Do you think he will actually do a tribute show? I mean, Keith kinda handled that already in his own way.  I think it was probably a lot more touching than anything Heather could say.

(I do think I recall hearing Dave say on an AB tribute show w/Chris Jericho, that Art called him and said "Job well done" or something to that effect.. maybe as a fill-in on C2C. I don't recall.  I sent a message through the wormhole almost as soon ask Keith officially opened it back up, asking about whether or not he'd ever met Art, etc.. but he didn't respond).

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Smeghead on May 09, 2018, 05:39:53 AM
Hahahahaha.. I spewed coffee all over the place.  Even drank more so I could spew again.  Spews a cool word.

I actually registered yesterday just to reply to this.  That nailed what she sounds like.  Never been able to listen to her after trying a few times years ago.

Hi everyone.  Long time lurker and listener, first time poster.

Where's the donuts and coffee.
Welcome, post often and I will try and keep up my shenanigans so you lose more coffee. Oh and thank you very  much for the compliment.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 05:44:54 AM
Do you think he will actually do a tribute show? I mean, Keith kinda handled that already in his own way.  I think it was probably a lot more touching than anything Heather could say.

(I do think I recall hearing Dave say on an AB tribute show w/Chris Jericho, that Art called him and said "Job well done" or something to that effect.. maybe as a fill-in on C2C. I don't recall.  I sent a message through the wormhole almost as soon ask Keith officially opened it back up, asking about whether or not he'd ever met Art, etc.. but he didn't respond).
He said on the first show that he would do open lines so the audience could share their Art moments. Here's hoping it's the same night as Heater Wad's.

Quote from: Juan on May 09, 2018, 04:28:43 AM
I’m bothered by Dave dodging Paladin’s question about show prep. We need to know if Dave puts in his 8 hours a day.

Keep in mind Dave has 101 kids plus ones he is just finding out about. To support this litter of puppies he has to go to conferences, play travel guide, run various other podcast, makes appearances on C2C,  and he also works as a scout for some ghost hunting show. I would actually like Dave to talk about how he tries to find different locations. He doesn't have much time.

I can tell you after listening to him he does not do a lot of show prep. Back when he was on Minnesota radio, they used to do the true crime show which would have stupid crimes/criminals aspect. Their computer system didn't work great and everyone knew it. They couldn't be bothered to print out the stories before hand so it ended up with Dave and Time stalling and making non-funny jokes while they waited for web pages to load. This wouldn't be that bad, but it went on weekly.

Fortunately, Dave is knowledgeable about the topics he does so he doesn't need much show prep. He also has a lot of the same guest on. This can sometimes lead to problems because Dave gets wrapped up talking to the guest and forgets the audience doesn't know every nuance of the story like he does. Schrader will make a valid point but fail to explain the whole concept.

For the love of god please do not put that "psychic lawyer" on. Mark Anthony or whatever his name is. Dave loves to put this guy on. I think Dave uses him like those two guest of Noory he puts on whenever he needs a quick replacement.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 05:49:36 AM
He said on the first show that he would do open lines so the audience could share their Art moments. Here's hoping it's the same night as Heater Wad's.

;D

DynamoHum

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 05:44:54 AM

The music tribute Keith did was very poignant, whether Keith realised it or not, it was very powerful and hit me (at least) right in the feels. It's actually what made me resubscribe, because he deserved my 4.99 whatever it is for that. I have listened to a lot of tributes to Art and that one, well it was the best. It was thoughtful, measured and just right - pretty much summing up how Keith has been in this whole sorry debacle.

I do think there should be a tribute show of some kind, but Good Dave doesn't need any guests - it needs to be callers, people sharing their experiences and getting to have closure of their own - not saying we aren't all a lot more settled with AB's death now, but to give the show and the network that chance is as it should be.

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 09, 2018, 05:52:15 AM
The music tribute Keith did was very poignant, whether Keith realised it or not, it was very powerful and hit me (at least) right in the feels. It's actually what made me resubscribe, because he deserved my 4.99 whatever it is for that. I have listened to a lot of tributes to Art and that one, well it was the best. It was thoughtful, measured and just right - pretty much summing up how Keith has been in this whole sorry debacle.

I do think there should be a tribute show of some kind, but Good Dave doesn't need any guests - it needs to be callers, people sharing their experiences and getting to have closure of their own - not saying we aren't all a lot more settled with AB's death now, but to give the show and the network that chance is as it should be.

Keith seems like a douche bag. But a seemingly loyal douche. He went through multiple Art quitting and all that drama that was Art Bell. They frequently fought seemingly, but they always worked it out.

bellNwhistle

How long has Michelle been the producer of MITD? I really haven't heard or seen any mention of her around these parts or even by Keith, Heather, etc.. I guess she got a nice 2 weeks off? But no credit for sticking with Keith after the whole Heather in Crisis debacle.   Wonder what she would have to say about all of this? I guess if she stuck with Keith, that tells you something right there.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 09, 2018, 05:55:18 AM
Keith seems like a douche bag. But a seemingly loyal douche. He went through multiple Art quitting and all that drama that was Art Bell. They frequently fought seemingly, but they always worked it out.

I kinda wish he would go through the Keith Appreciation thread and answer some of the questions there. Maybe he'll write a book. ;)

whoozit

Quote from: Sammi on May 09, 2018, 01:59:28 AM
It's kind of like finding out there's no Santa Claus
What do you mean, no Santa Claus?

DynamoHum

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 09, 2018, 05:55:18 AM

He's been with Art for years, I think that is what made it more real to me. Keith has certainly had his moments, but but I think he carried himself honourably in this latest implosion. 

whoozit

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 05:23:40 AM
All,
where is last night's episode? I don't see it in the Time Travel portal? Anyone else having this problem?
Keith doesn’t post them right away.  They are usually there by 10 or so.

DynamoHum

Quote from: whoozit on May 09, 2018, 05:59:00 AM

I want instant gratification damnit.

ponyboysunset

All,
I tweeted Roland about the missing show. Hopefully we get it soon! Oh and there is a MITD Art Bell fan page with tons of gabbers.
It's Fans of Art Bell and MITD hosted by Dave Schrader. If you do the facebook thing do this group!
Incoming screen shot. This is the kind of thing that goes!

whoozit

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 09, 2018, 06:00:44 AM
I want instant gratification damnit.
I agree.  I used to have to wait when Art was on the show but they were always there by my lunchtime walk.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 05:29:34 AM
Are you at all related to Christ on a Cracker?  ???

Welcome!

I'm really not sure, I would have to check with the Blessed Virgin Mary on a Bike, she knows the family better than I!

And thanks for the welcome, settling in well here!

Quote from: Kolchak on May 09, 2018, 03:27:35 AM
Welcome! You obviously know the drill. Stay away from the Falkie thread.

Noted  ;)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 09, 2018, 06:03:50 AM
I'm really not sure, I would have to check with the Blessed Virgin Mary on a Bike, she knows the family better than I!

And thanks for the welcome, settling in well here!

Love your shirt. Pretty snazzy! :P

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 06:01:14 AM
All,
I tweeted Roland about the missing show. Hopefully we get it soon! Oh and there is a MITD Art Bell fan page with tons of gabbers.
It's Fans of Art Bell and MITD hosted by Dave Schrader. If you do the facebook thing do this group!

is it the one with the "under cover of the night" banner?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 06:14:08 AM
is it the one with the "under cover of the night" banner?
Yes it is! Is this the group we started when bellgab went down? I left several "fan" groups.

Quote from: whoozit on May 09, 2018, 05:59:00 AM

Yes, he does. They are usually up after an hour or two after the show.

I am guessing sense they scrambled to put this thing together in a couple of days recording might have hit a snafu or something.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 06:15:39 AM
Yes it is! Is this the group we started when bellgab went down? I left several "fan" groups.

I left pretty much all related groups when I decided I didn't like Heather and wouldn't be listening anymore.  Didn't see the point. :P

Did a BellGabber start this one? :)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 06:16:47 AM
I left pretty much all related groups when I decided I didn't like Heather and wouldn't be listening anymore.  Didn't see the point. :P

Did a BellGabber start this one? :)
Not sure but we definitely are represented there.

Taco Bell

Quote from: username on May 08, 2018, 11:00:24 PM

The same folks who use the jitter bug? I don't think this type of show is in demand In radio. Maybe I am wrong, but it is interesting from an outside perspective. The radio industry is in shambles and they have not made a single profit since ..... What 2008>?

rip radio.

Stop looking at Iheart numbers. They are not the driving force of local radio stations, the ones that are making money. It's laughable when people say radio is dead, numbers say otherwise when comparing media usage, including digital. The companies I have worked for have continued to turn a profit even before I started which was the early 2000's. You're in a bubble.

AZZERAE

Why are you people so quick to approve of Schrader? We all busted Noory's balls for years ... there's still room for Dave to fail collosally.

Where is the trademark hatred I came to know and appreciate?

Where are you BellGab?

DynamoHum

Quote from: Azzerae on May 09, 2018, 06:44:10 AM
Why are you people so quick to approve of Schrader? We all busted Noory's balls for years ... there's still room for Dave to fail collosally.

Where are you BellGab?

We hit the bottom, all up from here on in... ?

ItsOver

Quote from: Kolchak on May 09, 2018, 03:27:35 AM
Welcome! You obviously know the drill. Stay away from the Falkie thread.
+1.  As well as the politics threads, unless you enjoy mud wrestling with basement dwelling rat eaters.

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 05:23:40 AM
All,
where is last night's episode? I don't see it in the Time Travel portal? Anyone else having this problem?
looks like dmdn webpage is down again

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Azzerae on May 09, 2018, 06:44:10 AM

Where are you BellGab?
I like his voice, his style, and his overall humor. Been listening to him on other shows for years. Compared to Heater Wad he's amazing. Really. Professional too. He's not fucking fake or conforming to anyone's style. And if he is conforming to someone's style I like whoever he is copying.
And I only hate what I hate. I don't do it because it's cool or expected of me.(see other rants where I specifically say that anything forced on me will be met with a lot of resistance, especially if whatever is being forced sucks i.e. see Heater Wad being pushed by Art Bell) And I don't even hate Heater Wad, I just think she needs to quit radio and get some serious psycho therapy and probably some medication. She also needs to cut all contact with the Mystic Dingbat who is as batshit crazy and toxic as they come.
Lastly she shit on the very show and place that allowed for her to contact Art Bell in the first place. Regarding George he's a nice guy who also is not great at radio. I don't hate him or anyone for that matter. It's not worth my time or energy.

sydtron

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 06:01:14 AM
All,

I saw this last night too!!  I applied to join.Hope its a good group.