• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is anybody on b'cast radio comparable to Noory?

Started by Robert, September 06, 2017, 02:14:59 PM

Robert

I mean in terms of prominence & tenure in comparison to care & effort?

Nominations entertained here.  Please state your reasons.

Quote from: Robert on September 06, 2017, 02:14:59 PM

Does the internet count? Check out The Moore Show on youtube. I don't listen to enough radio to know of any actual radio shows/hosts that are comparable.

Ciardelo

There's a guy on Car Talk who is dead, yet there's a show every week. sNoory hasn't matched that.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Ciardelo on September 06, 2017, 08:33:50 PM
There's a guy on Car Talk who is dead, yet there's a show every week. sNoory hasn't matched that.

Zombies are more articulate than Dave

Does Tommee count?

Jojo

Last night a radio newcaster tried to say nuclear as, "new-cue-lee-er"  bwa ha ha.

Jojo

When I first started paying attention to Coast, I assumed George spent a couple hours with guests in advance of the show, going over ground rules, getting to know them, kind of like a dress rehearsal.  I was so naive!  Well, at least he has them provide a list like a conversational outline.

Also, when I found out he is, technically, an "interviewer", I was shocked.  I had considered him like a super host!  No one calls Oprah a mere "interviewer"...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 02:09:06 PM
When I first started paying attention to Coast, I assumed George spent a couple hours with guests in advance of the show, going over ground rules, getting to know them, kind of like a dress rehearsal.  I was so naive!  Well, at least he has them provide a list like a conversational outline.

Also, when I found out he is, technically, an "interviewer", I was shocked.  I had considered him like a super host!  No one calls Oprah a mere "interviewer"...

I call her a NWO shill. ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 29, 2018, 02:53:45 PM
I call her a NWO shill. ;)
Can you fill me in?  All I know is she is generous, she has gotten black mailed, her husband does not pay mind to her businesses, and she had articles written last year to help older women.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on February 02, 2018, 10:55:37 AM
Can you fill me in?  All I know is she is generous, she has gotten black mailed, her husband does not pay mind to her businesses, and she had articles written last year to help older women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g_K5pwkxxo

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 02, 2018, 04:01:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g_K5pwkxxo
Until I saw this, I usually agreed with Jones.  I know he's been admirably arrested zillions of times for speaking the truth.  And he usually makes sense.

But this video is bad.  I think he is just acting.  To say Winfrey shouldn't run for president bec she flirted with Weinstein in 2014??  Gobs of women flirted with Weinstein in 2014, not just her.

Because she flirted with an ear?  Women flirt with ears all the time.

The Meryl Streep thing doesn't even make sense. What does anyone have to gain by ostracizing a man who committed a heinous crime thirty years prior, eventually faced consequences, did not re-offend, and continued to work in his trade for thirty more years.  He won and people gave an ovation for his work, not his past sin.  Everyone applauded the work, not just Streep!  He was invited.  He had won.  What's she supposed to do, let everyone else applaud while she spits at him?!  Get real.  What he did was wrong, but it has been thirty years and he did not re-offend.  Ideally, he would have faded away into plumbing or car mechanics forever.  But he didn't.  So, when life gives you lemons...  you deal with it civilly.  Men all over the country are applauded for their work, who have sexually abused even their own children.  It's not right to abuse children, but it is right for a man to work thirty years later.  I'm just saying that the issue of her applauding his work has a social context which Jones ignored.

And population control?  Hello.  What is wrong with that!  Snopes says it best, explaining that when third world parents begin to have faith that their babies and children won't die young, then they will stop having eight children!  Which is why natal health and childhood health are so important.  Nothing sinister in that.

Jones took odds and ends from various points in history out of context, and strung them together into a conspiracy against Winfry and actors.  If he hates them for their bling, which he claims surrounds them, then how come he never says anything bad about rich athletes?

And it was funny when he said "Ophra" (Oh-frah).

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 19, 2018, 12:22:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVhE3Muh3co
There is no direct connection between the images of nuclear war versus the statement that overpopulation control could be inhumane.

Promoting infant survival rates and birth control is not inhumane.  And do control population growth according to some experts.

Reasonable people don't support eugenics.  But just because a eugenics supporter was head of a committee does not mean the organization supports it!

Hitler is shown in the video, but other than his long ago crimes, I don't see any relevent connection to eugenics.

Videos are great for getting people worked up, with biased, emotional images.  But before I believe Oprah or Gates supports eugenics, or even harmful population control, I would want to see references to actual speeches or written materials.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on February 20, 2018, 02:05:30 AM
There is no direct connection between the images of nuclear war versus the statement that overpopulation control could be inhumane.

Promoting infant survival rates and birth control is not inhumane.  And do control population growth according to some experts.

Reasonable people don't support eugenics.  But just because a eugenics supporter was head of a committee does not mean the organization supports it!

Hitler is shown in the video, but other than his long ago crimes, I don't see any relevent connection to eugenics.

Videos are great for getting people worked up, with biased, emotional images.  But before I believe Oprah or Gates supports eugenics, or even harmful population control, I would want to see references to actual speeches or written materials.

I take it you didn't watch it?  :D

Arguing in a vacuum is about as useful as tit's on a bull, Jojo. I thought you were better than that.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

At some point in history we (the great majoity of us) went from being too lazy to read and only wanting to watch vids. Now people have transformed once again into being too lazy to watch a vid and being content with remaining full of shit. Bravo!

Quote from: Jojo on February 20, 2018, 02:05:30 AM

Does it really matter how long ago it was?

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 20, 2018, 06:03:23 AM

I am pretty sure Margaret Sanger began embracing eugenics before Hitler yet her legacy lives on today.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 02:09:06 PM

Ha, ha, ha!

Jorch?  A super host?  Bwahahaha!  Have yeeewww been drinking with Pate?

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 20, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
Not if one thinks Oprah had something to do with Hitler's eugenics.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2018, 02:22:10 AM
I take it you didn't watch it?  :D

Arguing in a vacuum is about as useful as tit's on a bull, Jojo. I thought you were better than that.  ::)
What you just saw in my post was a review of the video which I viewed three times.  Like I said, if the video were an essay, it would be categorized as emotional arguing.  It is devoid of actual factual support for it's own thesis.

One may agree with the ideas in the video, but not from any education contained in it.  It uses emotions to manipulate people into making sweeping connections that simply do not appear within the video.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on February 20, 2018, 08:53:04 PM
What you just saw in my post was a review of the video which I viewed three times.  Like I said, if the video were an essay, it would be categorized as emotional arguing.  It is devoid of actual factual support for it's own thesis.

One may agree with the ideas in the video, but not from any education contained in it.  It uses emotions to manipulate people into making sweeping connections that simply do not appear within the video.

What's not factual in it? You keep saying that but the fact that you never point to anything specific leads me to believe that you're full of shit.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on February 20, 2018, 08:41:32 PM
Not if one thinks Oprah had something to do with Hitler's eugenics.

It's OK. I understand why you're a fan of Noory now.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2018, 09:59:32 PM
It's OK. I understand why you're a fan of Noory now.
All I'm saying is regardless of how I may or may not feel about the issue themselves, the video doesn't have any real substance supporting it's own claims.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on February 21, 2018, 10:22:33 PM
All I'm saying is regardless of how I may or may not feel about the issue themselves, the video doesn't have any real substance supporting it's own claims.

Why?

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2018, 09:58:41 PM
What's not factual in it? You keep saying that but the fact that you never point to anything specific leads me to believe that you're full of shit.
I already critiqued the content as basically emotional arguing and manipulation of viewer's feelings to evoke an irrational conclusion that Oprah condones Hitler's eugenics or cruel population control.  Here is what I said.  Did you miss it?

12:05 yesterday.

"There is no direct connection between the images of nuclear war versus the statement that overpopulation control could be inhumane.

Videos are great for getting people worked up, with biased, emotional images.  But before I believe Oprah or Gates supports eugenics, or even harmful population control, I would want to see references to actual speeches or written materials."

Dr. MD MDI recognize u r just trying to waste my time.  Unfortunately for me, that really isn't an issue right now.

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on September 06, 2017, 08:33:50 PM
Ha!  I didn't know he'd passed on, several years ago.

https://www.npr.org/2014/11/03/357428287/tom-magliozzi-popular-co-host-of-nprs-car-talk-dies-at-77