• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

CoolTen10

How is this show's numbers/ratings? It seems like most of the time its the same callers that call in. It sounds alot like Heather knows everyone too. Whoever suggested Heather and Friends be the new show title was right on.

warsau

She posted on FB that she wasn't sure how much longer the show will last.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: warsau on November 17, 2017, 09:45:10 AM

MiTD Death Watch 2017

If Heather is getting better every day, then the final episode will be when perfection is finally achieved.

albrecht

Please inform us when the last show is. I might tune in for that because it could be epic; funny and filled with drama and recriminations.

WildCard

Someone named Paul Gledders want's us to know that he knows the evil queen is fast asleep.

Kolchak

Quote from: warsau on November 17, 2017, 09:45:10 AM

EVERYTHING IS FINE. NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Jackstar

I never gave two shits about "paranormal" talk. Let me know when this cheeky broad is willing to discuss the sinking of the Titanic, or the current orbital path of the Black Knight satellite, or recent developments in Antarctica, or anything else important.

"I saw a ghost when I was twelve" is not important, nor is it good radio. It is not.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 17, 2017, 11:38:49 PM
I never gave two shits about "paranormal" talk. Let me know when this cheeky broad is willing to discuss the sinking of the Titanic, or the current orbital path of the Black Knight satellite, or recent developments in Antarctica, or anything else important.

"I saw a ghost when I was twelve" is not important, nor is it good radio. It is not.

That is just your opinion, man. :D

It doesn't matter what she talks about. 

I used to like her voice.  She took on a voice affectation and I can't listen to it.  That and the fake laugh.  Ugh.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 18, 2017, 12:33:08 AM
It doesn't matter what she talks about. 

I used to like her voice.  She took on a voice affectation and I can't listen to it.  That and the fake laugh.  Ugh.

She does try to sound like Art which is not a good thing.  For Art, it was great but she should stick to her own voice. I only listen on occasions if there is an interesting guest.  This guest is not so good though.

Both Heather and guest are rambling far too much.

Zenman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 18, 2017, 01:12:33 AM
Both Heather and guest are rambling far too much.

Hey 21, I missed her monologue--did she give any hint as to what the deal is on the show's ending rumors?

Quote from: Zenman on November 18, 2017, 01:30:58 AM
Hey 21, I missed her monologue--did she give any hint as to what the deal is on the show's ending rumors?

Hey Z-man!  I missed the beginning of the show.  I didn't start listening until the second hour so I can't say. Sorry about that.

Zenman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 18, 2017, 01:39:04 AM
Hey Z-man!  I missed the beginning of the show.  I didn't start listening until the second hour so I can't say. Sorry about that.

Same here, no worries. I tune in once in a while (usually Fridays) and just happened to catch the rumors. Ratings down or just a crafty publicity thing, who knows. Maybe she'll say something at the end of the show.

Loaded

Quote from: Zenman on November 18, 2017, 01:30:58 AM
I caught the opening monogue.  She hopes and wishes to keep doing MITD for a long time, but her time may be limited with declining subscribers and listeners.  Over the past year there has been a slow but steady decline in subscribers and listeners.  She has put effort into advertising the show to attract new listeners, but it has had little effect.  (I don't remember if she said anything about declining ad revenue as a result of declining subscribers and listeners.)  Bottom line, a show doesn't run on well wishes and encouraging wormhole messages, it runs on cash.

ItsOver

Quote from: Loaded on November 18, 2017, 08:00:50 AM
I caught the opening monogue.  She hopes and wishes to keep doing MITD for a long time, but her time may be limited with declining subscribers and listeners.  Over the past year there has been a slow but steady decline in subscribers and listeners.  She has put effort into advertising the show to attract new listeners, but it has had little effect.  (I don't remember if she said anything about declining ad revenue as a result of declining subscribers and listeners.)  Bottom line, a show doesn't run on well wishes and encouraging wormhole messages, it runs on cash.
So much for "getting better every day."

She lost her latest paycheck, so unless she gets more subscribers by Christmas the outdoor kitties will starve and it will all be our fault. Rest assured, Lasha and her army of sassy 'wranglers' are on the case and they'll have a few dozen affiliates in no time

In a related story, Based-big-balls Ted Randall, owner/board op of shortwave station WTWW took this opportunity to rip neckbeard Rowland a new asshole

PaulAtreides

Well, Heather, there may be no way to save this.  I stopped subscribing when you were doing non-stop Trumpshit at Art's behest.  Thereafter, I pretty much stopped listening because the 1st half hour doesn't do much for me and the Friday open lines callers seemed nothing but a recurring bunch of nut cases.  So if it's fixable, begin with a solid guest, push back on nut case callers and ditch open lines.  Good luck.

TigerLily

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 18, 2017, 10:14:21 AM
She lost her latest paycheck, so unless she gets more subscribers by Christmas the outdoor kitties will starve and it will all be our fault. Rest assured, Lasha and her army of sassy 'wranglers' are on the case and they'll have a few dozen affiliates in no time

In a related story, Based-big-balls Ted Randall, owner/board op of shortwave station WTWW took this opportunity to rip neckbeard Rowland a new asshole

Thanks for the post and the clip

damon

I hope that there will not be a show that is called somewhere in time with heather wade.
Maybe Heather Wade can go back to her old job as a phone sex operator.

damon

Quote from: damon on November 18, 2017, 10:56:06 AM
I hope that there will not be a show that is called somewhere in time with heather wade.
Maybe Heather Wade can go back to her old job as a phone sex operator.
Heather could have George Senda on as a guest/co-host. ;D

TigerLily

Heather started at the top and is working her way down. I listen on rare occasions only if the guest or topic sounds interesting. Last night bombed big time. The guest was supposed to provide the dark side of paranormal stories. He babbled and meandered. Heather finally tried to get him on track by babbling and meandering. Somewhere toward midshow she tried her best Art imitation with a philosophical soliloquy about life and death. Cringingly bad. *Click* back to an Art replay

Next stop: The Redacted and Rosegirl Podcast

Dyna-X

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 18, 2017, 11:19:29 AM
Did Art ever guest spot as teased?
Not once a month, or on special occasion(s)....just once. March 11, 2016.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dyna-X on November 18, 2017, 11:54:31 AM
Not once a month, or on special occasion(s)....just once. March 11, 2016.
Single-handedly hunting for a stalker is a full-time job.  He's a busy man, between this and posting on BellGab.  Well, let's make it just this.

http://youtu.be/m9GAwSqsXgw

Zopyrus

Quote from: ItsOver on November 18, 2017, 12:28:18 PM
Single-handedly hunting for a stalker is a full-time job.  He's a busy man, between this and posting on BellGab.  Well, let's make it just this.

http://youtu.be/m9GAwSqsXgw

That . . . royalty-free . . . sonic Ambien . . . "music" . . .

must've come with the drone?

Also, makes for some "interesting" reading.

We're all monsters.