• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Theadora

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 02:00:35 AM
See, I don’t get that. With Sativa strains I tend to be a bit hyper, anxious and clumsy. Muscle memory is nowhere near as sharp. I can’t ski half as much in a day as I can not high.

With Indica strains I am lazy. And not just the day I use it but even after. I do enjoy music more. No way I could trust myself doing anything like skiing Or wakeboard.

Both raise my anxiety level. Probably just because I feel self-conscious and out of control. I’ve had a couple of strains that I just threw away because of the anxiety they caused.

I wish they had strain specific edibles to try. I might experiment more. But all the edibles I saw in Colorado and Nevada were just Sativa, Indica or Hybrid.

I know people that just get up and go. It just doesn’t do it for me.

Blue Dream is an Sativa dominant hybrid strain.  OG Kush varieties don't have the same body rushes as Blue Dream.   It takes experience to develop physical coordination and balance while stoned. 

The first time I tried to get stoned, I couldn't get off, so Eddy's brother was determined and had me smoke about an ounce, but when it finally kicked in, I was totaled.  Eddy liked that approach, so after that, he always insisted that we smoke joint after joint after joint.  We used to smoke about an ounce per day, between three or four of us, every day, for several years.  Mostly we smoked Michoacán or Panama Red, Sativas.  We didn't have hybrids back then or even Sensimilla, but occasionally, we'd score Black Afghan or Red and Blonde, Lebanese hashish to crumble over the flowers.

You just need a bit more practice. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0e7brHdMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7f8S27JfD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watO_IRfz4w

bateman

Quote from: chefist on May 04, 2018, 07:32:55 PM
You own that already...

Nobody specified it had to be a new address.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Theadora on May 04, 2018, 07:30:30 PM
Blue Dream is an Sativa dominant hybrid strain.  OG Kush varieties don't have the same body rushes as Blue Dream.   It takes experience to develop physical coordination and balance while stoned. 

The first time I tried to get stoned, I couldn't get off, so Eddy's brother was determined and had me smoke about an ounce, but when it finally kicked in, I was totaled.  Eddy liked that approach, so after that, he always insisted that we smoked joint after joint after joint.  We used to smoke about an ounce per day, between three or four of us, every day, for several years. 

You just need a bit more practice. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0e7brHdMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7f8S27JfD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watO_IRfz4w

So, when are you and Aldous getting married?

Faustina

Where will it all end?  I have a gut feeling, not well. 

chefist

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 04, 2018, 07:34:52 PM
Oh now it is a thing.

BartEllLegacy.com

Can we submit our BG username for an email addy? What is it? $5 a piece? I'll gladly pay $10 for the trouble...ha  ;D

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 04, 2018, 07:29:41 PM
I just tweeted KR and George Knapp (Karen Jackson must not have a Twitter account for her station).  Putting the bug in their ears that maybe Airyn should be aware of the stories and using Art's name in the domain.

If Airyn needed a straw to do the camel in, might as well give it to her now.

Maybe contact her via her FB Page? Not sure if it’s a legit page, but the friends on there may spread the word. You can post under her comments about Heather's behavior. Or call in during her next show.  8)

Faustina

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 03, 2018, 05:55:12 AM
The "I have to take this very important call" is truly the highlight.

Maybe it was the President.

Bluejay

Quote from: brig on May 04, 2018, 06:29:21 PM
I agree about the Bait and Switch description for the Bell/Wade scenario.  Without Art's name attached to the show, it would have never been subscription or archive worthy. I don't think he ever intended to do the show for any length of time.  I think he was just making a show to run into the future, past his lifetime, that maybe his family could gain some income and security from after he passed.  Heather was lucky enough, because Art liked her voice, to garner herself a spot in Arts legacy, a rare opportunity, and blew it, because she viewed herself as THE sole vehicle of the  legacy, instead of realizing she just was only a PART of it.  I could be wrong.

Faustina

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 07:37:07 PM
Maybe contact her via her FB Page? Not sure if it’s a legit page, but the friends on there may spread the word. You can post under her comments about Heather's behavior. Or call in during her next show.  8)

I'm FB friends with Airyn and have messaged her on there, with her answering.  Lemme know if you want me to relay a message. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Faustina on May 04, 2018, 07:36:33 PM
Where will it all end?  I have a gut feeling, not well.
She's probably already started to regrow her mustache and will soon begin flying drones and naming cats "Yeti."

Bart Ell

Quote from: chefist on May 04, 2018, 07:36:36 PM
Can we submit our BG username for an email addy? What is it? $5 a piece? I'll gladly pay $10 for the trouble...ha  ;D

FREE BART ELL LEGACY EMAILS FOR ALL!

Faustina

Quote from: ItsOver on May 04, 2018, 07:40:13 PM
She's probably already started to regrow her mustache and will soon begin flying drones and naming cats "Yeti."

And even that is not far fetched, at this point. 

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ItsOver on May 04, 2018, 07:40:13 PM

Silly. Her next cat will be named Art. ::)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Faustina on May 04, 2018, 07:42:31 PM
And even that is not far fetched, at this point.
All bets are off. Anything goes.

BettyO417

Quote from: dsz on May 04, 2018, 07:20:53 PM
You are being far too nice. Keith is being far far too nice.

Wait... "Dead in her tracks?" Did Airyn and Keith put a hit out on her?

I know dsz, too nice... Maybe you can help me amp it up a bit! Ha!
IDK about a hit, but anything to stop her from using Art’s name by any means.

Art himself kicked his own legacy in the ass with the whole stalker debacle, but to hand the whole of his career to the mentally deranged HW is beyond comprehension.

chefist

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 04, 2018, 07:40:53 PM
FREE BART ELL LEGACY EMAILS FOR ALL!

Thank you, Monsieur. Please sign "chefist" up...

Faustina

I can't believe she's narcissistic enough to think she can get away with calling her show MITD too.  It must be just to cause as much trouble for Keith as possible. 

Karma gonna get her.  (Maybe it already has). 

Rix Gins

This might have been brought up already but if not, Karen Jackson was in a Pahrump Valley Times piece today entitled Aftermath of Art Bell’s death prompts backlash  Strangely enough I didn't see what the backlash part of the article entails.  She just explains what she went through after buying the station from Art, plus she is preparing for a twenty year anniversary barbecue celebration.  Edit: The backlash seems to be about the sheriff releasing the news about Art's death prematurely, which we've all heard before.

https://pvtimes.com/news/aftermath-of-art-bells-death-prompts-backlash/   

Morgus

Now Keith Rowland has posted his own news today to counter HW's news, he is keeping the show name MITD and also claiming "Art Bell's legacy" too:

http://midnightinthedesert.com/midnight-in-the-desert-returning-live-on-monday/

Midnight in the Desert returning live on Monday
Posted on May 4, 2018

MITD bids a heartfelt farewell to two amazing people that have shouldered the responsibility of creating a legacy. Our family was dealt two devastating blows with the loss of our founder, Art Bell, and then the departure of recent host Heather Wade.

Each of us grieves in different ways, and although we acknowledge the pain and suffering Heather is dealing with, we know that as the adage says,  “the show must go on.” Very difficult and deeply thought out decisions have been made as we elect to move forward for the sake of our loyal audience. We sincerely wish Heather a speedy recovery from her grief and also want to publicly state a heartfelt, “Thank You” for the years of fun and entertainment. May her continued journey be filled with much happiness and success.

We are committed to carry on the legacy of Art’s study of the paranormal. We are excited about the future and respectful of our past. We will navigate the night with the light that Art lit, Heather carried, and our new host will use blazing a trail seeking answers to the unexplained in this world of high strangeness. We will stay the course and strive to bring you the best in Paranormal Talk Radio.

Please tune in Monday at Midnight Eastern / 9 Pacific for the future of Midnight in the Desert.

HumanBeing

Heather will soon be able to sit on Art again.

(nice gesture though)