• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

WeinerInHand

Quote from: username on December 13, 2018, 07:09:33 AM
I was merely joking, that took you a while to reply though Jesus.

No worries. 😉
Talk about being caught off guard!

starrmtn001

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 13, 2018, 10:03:51 AM
No worries. 😉
Talk about being caught off guard!
Don't feel so bad.
Username gets most of you, eventually. 
But he's good.  Ya gotta give him credit. ;) ;D

AZZERAE

Quote from: StarrMountain on December 13, 2018, 09:56:03 AM
I'm no better, or worse, than any other poster on this forum.

Hmm...one of my personal favourites, however.

Metron2267

Thank you, kind Sir.  But I'm no better, or worse, than any other poster on this forum.

Yet you choose to tread a different path... 8)

Jackstar

I'm no better, or worse, than any other poster on this forum.

You're a little better than Aldous.

Quote from: Jackstar on December 13, 2018, 08:31:47 PM

Is she better than me?  (teeing it up for you to be funny)

Taaroa

I'm never wrapping presents again.

K_Dubb

When they dick around with the words to Christmas carols.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is the worst, changing "Veiled in flesh the Godhead see/Hail, incarnate Deity" to "Savior through eternity", but other folks do it, too.  The most-mutilated song is "In The Bleak Midwinter", with words by a legitimate poetess ("When I am dead, my dearest, sing no sad songs for me").  Half the time "Heaven and earth will flee away/When He comes to reign" is changed to the insipid "Heaven and earth shall welcome Him".  If Rosetti is not sacred, nothing is.

I guess I understand the doctrinal reasons behind this greasy-thumbed tampering, but in a world where Protestants routinely sing "ora pro nobis peccatoribus" with perfect equanimity, believing no such thing, can't we just agree that words are, first and foremost, art, and refrain from putting tasteful draperies over those that offend our sensibilities?

Jojo

Job ads that don't say wherabouts the job site is, of quantity if hours.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on December 13, 2018, 08:31:47 PM
Thank you Jackstar, but Aldous outshines me by far. ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on December 14, 2018, 05:43:28 AM
Is she better than me?  (teeing it up for you to be funny)
No, not better.  Just different. ;) :-*

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 17, 2018, 06:45:42 PM
When they dick around with the words to Christmas carols.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is the worst, changing "Veiled in flesh the Godhead see/Hail, incarnate Deity" to "Savior through eternity", but other folks do it, too.  The most-mutilated song is "In The Bleak Midwinter", with words by a legitimate poetess ("When I am dead, my dearest, sing no sad songs for me").  Half the time "Heaven and earth will flee away/When He comes to reign" is changed to the insipid "Heaven and earth shall welcome Him".  If Rosetti is not sacred, nothing is.

I guess I understand the doctrinal reasons behind this greasy-thumbed tampering, but in a world where Protestants routinely sing "ora pro nobis peccatoribus" with perfect equanimity, believing no such thing, can't we just agree that words are, first and foremost, art, and refrain from putting tasteful draperies over those that offend our sensibilities?
Yeah, life's a bitch.

Jojo

Random happenchance all over outdoors between yellow versus white house lights, headlights, lamp lights, etc...

Metron2267

THIS!

Effing squirrel powered! >:(

ksm32

Guys who really should shave their heads, not unlike a certain neighbor of mine who's about 80% bald but still clings to those last 184 hairs.

albrecht

Meme quotations, quotations on posters, or quotations in general, that aren't sourced. Just so-and-so said/wrote this: "xxxxxxxx."

Some of them are inspiring, some funny, cause self-reflection, or politically motivate but so many quotes are fake, attributed incorrectly, or parsed so that the original meaning is different than what was intended by the author.  And the interwebs is so bad now for researching things it is hard to find places that correctly investigate and attribute/cite the quotes-- you just get site after site saying the same snipped quote with no citation. So you get "fake quotes," or, at least, quotes that you can't be sure aren't fake.

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 09, 2019, 11:34:51 AM
"Smart" phone zombies.

Heh,heh, the ones that drive are the worst.  Fucking hypnotized at traffic lights, never realizing when they've turned green.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2019, 01:21:29 PM
Heh,heh, the ones that drive are the worst.  Fucking hypnotized at traffic lights, never realizing when they've turned green.
Now they are on these frigging electronic motor scooters that are abandoned everywhere!

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2019, 02:43:39 PM
Not much difference between the smart phone zombies and the bird box morons.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/109978167/bird-box-challenge-youtube-bans-dangerous-pranks-in-wake-of-blindfolded-driving

I'm still having difficulties even processing that that could happen!