• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Area51 on November 03, 2011, 03:34:28 PM
I'm still waiting for Art Bell to come on the Alex Jones show as a special guest... Now he has George Snoory on, who just mentioned that he has no plans to retire, and plans to keep broadcasting until his producer comes in and announces that George has passed away. He said that's the way he wants to go.
Just poured a glass of Moscato, such an event to celebrate!
For clarification, the celebration is in the living, not the passing. 

Quote from: Area51 on November 03, 2011, 03:34:28 PM
I'm still waiting for Art Bell to come on the Alex Jones show as a special guest... Now he has George Snoory on, who just mentioned that he has no plans to retire, and plans to keep broadcasting until his producer comes in and announces that George has passed away. He said that's the way he wants to go.

Here's to listening to the 'tribute show', where Tommy shoves in a random half hour tape of George bumbling his way through a partial interview with an unidentified guest, then ducks out and heads over to Denny's.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Scully on September 14, 2011, 11:03:09 PM

Are you basing this on the fact that October 31 will be one year from Art's last broadcast?

Is one year a standard non-compete contract clause, or do you have specific information on this matter?  Inquiring minds want to know.  8)
Sorry for the lag since this was posted.  I don't know about the entertainment business, but in general business "non-competes" associated with buy-outs are commonly for 5 years and longer.

aquagoat

Can anyone say how long KNYE has been using Art for time and weather checks? (ie it's 65 degrees at 3:33 in Pahrump"   I was just cruising the station from the net and
heard this wondrfully familiar voice. anyone have news?

DietCoke

off topic a bit but does anyone know about arts fear of closets? i was listened to ghost to ghost (cant remember the year) and he said he can sleep without closing the closet door because of an experience. He was about to tell it and then said he'd better not. Anyone know if he has elaborated in the future? Or dropped it

Anyone else miss Art talking about how he has 50 clocks around the house and spending all day changing them for Daylight Savings Time?

The General

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 07, 2011, 08:10:01 PM
Anyone else miss Art talking about how he has 50 clocks around the house and spending all day changing them for Daylight Savings Time?
Yes, and I've been doing the SAME DAMN THING for 2 days now, fuck Daylight Savings time.  What a worthless, antiquated practice.  PLEASE can we do away with it now?  I can't figure out how to adjust half of these damn CLOCKS!  CLOCKS FUCKIN EVERYWHERE!

FortRock

Well after a much deserved vacation from these pages, Fort Rock is back! Better than ever, ready to talk about our favorite topic, get Art Bell back on the air! What? No Annagrammy? Well everything will be better soon!

FortRock

Oh to Michael, that you for honoring me on your well designed Personal Icon!

M Knight

Quote from: FortRock on November 16, 2011, 05:18:32 AM
Well after a much deserved vacation from these pages, Fort Rock is back! Better than ever, ready to talk about our favorite topic, get Art Bell back on the air! What? No Annagrammy? Well everything will be better soon!

How is the Portland Source?

Would you discuss the operation that you are on?
Is this proprietary information?

The General

Great, this thread wasn't full of shit enough, now we have Fort Rock imitators.

heater

I want to remind everyone I predicted the return of Fort Rock in my now infamous post re:He Will Return to save us all!

My Seattle Source had told me he had a friend who was a technician for a defense contractor who sometimes did work in a sewer system that is where they uncovered a pamphlet talking about the secret return to the internet of the great Fort Rock.

oh wait...none of that happened.  sorry got so excited about The Return that I couldn't help but make up some facts.

Eddie Coyle

Rock has died, Rock has risen, Rock will come again...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FortRock on November 16, 2011, 05:21:35 AM
Oh to Michael, that you for honoring me on your well designed Personal Icon!

if this really is fort rock, you need to log in to your original account.  you are not allowed to have two accounts on this forum.  if you forgot your password for that account, use the password recovery system.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on November 16, 2011, 10:38:31 AM
Great, this thread wasn't full of shit enough, now we have Fort Rock imitators.

he's posting from the same IP address as the original fort rock.  i think he just screwed up and couldn't log in to his original account.

analog kid

Why did Annagrammy leave? She was awesome.

The General

Quote from: analog kid on November 16, 2011, 12:25:58 PM
Why did Annagrammy leave? She was awesome.
She'll be back.  But you can read about her decision to leave in this thread...
http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2598.0.html

If you're bored.  But pack a lunch.  And drink some coffee.  It's a yawner.

M Knight

Quote from: themudking on November 16, 2011, 11:57:59 AM
I want to remind everyone I predicted the return of Fort Rock in my now infamous post re:He Will Return to save us all!

My Seattle Source had told me he had a friend who was a technician for a defense contractor who sometimes did work in a sewer system that is where they uncovered a pamphlet talking about the secret return to the internet of the great Fort Rock.

oh wait...none of that happened.  sorry got so excited about The Return that I couldn't help but make up some facts.

...a whopper of a tale indeed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on November 16, 2011, 12:32:22 PM
She'll be back. 

idunno.  i'm on the fence as to whether or not she'll choose to come back.  speaking for myself, i don't miss her.

while she was smart and sometimes entertaining to read, i think she was easily offended and wasn't particularly tolerant of differing opinions.  i know she didn't see herself that way, but look why she left. 

also, it felt like users pretty much stopped being FUNNY while she was around here buzz killing and minding everything.  as a 32 year old male from missouri, i don't typically rely on uptight 60 year old female democrats from california as a barometer for what is/isn't funny and what should/shouldn't be considered "offensive."  it would be far too limiting.  sorry.  certain groups of people have a profoundly restricted sense of humor, and i've learned to identify those people when i see them.

a couple users did leave coastgab when she left.  that's fine, because it's a purging that must happen once in a while to separate the wheat from the chaff.  however, i know of a few people who left because they didn't like her overbearing presence here.  i point this out only to illustrate the fact that nobody is universally loved, and you'll never get 100% of the people on your side.  if you're going to start posting in forums, this is something you need to know and be comfortable with.  she didn't and wasn't, which is why she's gone.

i concur 100% with this opinion on the matter (not the part in quotes).

anagrammy wasn't the first user to overestimate her importance on this forum and leave in a huff.  she probably won't be the last.  yawn.

FortRock

Sorry people about setting up the second account. Ole' Fort Rock's Hotmail email addy used for that original account got hacked by some idiot I was dealing with on Craig's List. I consider that account dead for good!

JustOneFix

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 16, 2011, 02:24:05 PM

idunno.  i'm on the fence as to whether or not she'll choose to come back.  speaking for myself, i don't miss her.

while she was smart and sometimes entertaining to read, i think she was easily offended and wasn't particularly tolerant of differing opinions.  i know she didn't see herself that way, but look why she left. 

also, it felt like users pretty much stopped being FUNNY while she was around here buzz killing and minding everything.  as a 32 year old male from missouri, i don't typically rely on uptight 60 year old female democrats from california as a barometer for what is/isn't funny and what should/shouldn't be considered "offensive."  it would be far too limiting.  sorry.  certain groups of people have a profoundly restricted sense of humor, and i've learned to identify those people when i see them.

a couple users did leave coastgab when she left.  that's fine, because it's a purging that must happen once in a while to separate the wheat from the chaff.  however, i know of a few people who left because they didn't like her overbearing presence here.  i point this out only to illustrate the fact that nobody is universally loved, and you'll never get 100% of the people on your side.  if you're going to start posting in forums, this is something you need to know and be comfortable with.  she didn't and wasn't, which is why she's gone.

i concur 100% with this opinion on the matter (not the part in quotes).

anagrammy wasn't the first user to overestimate her importance on this forum and leave in a huff.  she probably won't be the last.  yawn.

Good post. I see her lurking here so she must not have been too pissed off. The rapid fire posts she made about anything & everything under the sun was rather annoying tho.

Fort Rock-
What valuable insider information are you going to lay on us now? The forum has been pretty quiet lately, do what you do best- wake things up a bit!

11angeleyes11

Woo Hoo!  It's Christmas in November!  The Rock is back.

heater

I feel better today than I did yesterday.  should I be worried about tomorrow though?

The General

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 16, 2011, 02:24:05 PM

Oh, I don't miss her either particularly, but I really don't care either way.  It's easy enough to ignore certain members and their long winded posts.  I just take her lurking as a sign of an eventual return.  She could lurk anonymously by lurking without logging in.  Nobody would know.  But she wants her perceived 'fans' to notice that she's checking in on Coastgab.  So she signs in to lurk. 

Either that or she just can't resist that Vandeven charm.

heater

FYI - if we experience that "return" we'll also experience my return to lurking

analog kid

Quote from: The General on November 16, 2011, 12:32:22 PM
She'll be back.  But you can read about her decision to leave in this thread...
http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2598.0.html

If you're bored.  But pack a lunch.  And drink some coffee.  It's a yawner.

I know a lot less about this forum than I thought I did. She seems to take herself fairly seriously. Way to break the liberal stereotype.

Questore

I would just like to add that everybody deseves an opinion, democrat or republican and here we can all state that opinion. (get off my soap box). Art, when is your radio show going on the air.. its going to happen I just know it. .. . .. . .. . .. .

I miss Anagrammy. She always had something to say.

Questore: That is a beautiful dog in your avatar

WOTR

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 17, 2011, 02:40:14 AM
Questore: That is a beautiful dog in your avatar
Agreed.  Kind of looks like "ghost" (a Great Pyrenees I used to own.)  Just so hard to tell from the little picture.