• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Yetman

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on November 02, 2011, 05:54:50 PM
"The paranormal doesn't move ratings". That's from Snoory himself.

Noory should consider that it's not the subject matter - it's him.  Paranormal worked pretty well years ago when we had a good host.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Morgus on November 04, 2011, 01:59:01 AM
Noory booted another guest early (only was on for 2 hours instead of 3 hours) tonight.
Noory was probably getting bored by him and called up his frequent stand-in guest, Joshua P. Warren, to take over the last hour for a post-Halloween report.  :P

Before the show started tonight, Noory claimed the show would be a 'classic'
Looks like he was wrong since he couldn't stand his 'classic' guest for the full scheduled 3 hours?  :o

I heard some of the Menzies portion and thought he was excellent; knowledgeable and although speculative, his hypotheses are based on historic fact and evidence.  His book initiated a lot of interest in early Chinese navigation several years back.  Noory was once again embarrassingly incompetent speaking with a serious scholar. He fell back on playing to the New Age loonies by repeatedly attempting to draw Menzies into the outrageous and silly stuff.  I wonder who hung-up on who.

Quote from: El Kragen on November 04, 2011, 08:38:54 AM
... I'm sure George started freaking out 45 minutes in because he was all out of 3x5 cards.

Quote from: Galaga on November 04, 2011, 09:44:48 AM
I've seen this comment a lot here. Is it in fact true, or simply speculation? If it's true, what's the source?

Don't get me wrong. I am totally prepared to believe it because it makes perfect sense to explain the endless flux of nonsense.

Speculation.  Obviously he isn't going to confess to that. 

So many of his questions are the same regardless of the guest or topic - he can waste a full hour on 'how arre yoo', 'how didjuh get into this field', 'whut's next for yoo', etc, no matter how many times the guest has been on. 

After that, too many of the rest of his questions are the same ones he asks no matter what the topic is - Art used to ask questions seemingly out of the blue and elicit astonishing responses.  George must have heard that early on, didn't understand those questions weren't just random shots in the dark, and now just boringly tosses them out there ('could it be angels?', 'blah blah 2012?').

Other questions are more specific to the topic at hand, but they are the same questions he asks everyone that comes on involved in that particular field.

All this mostly without having an actual conversation - little back and forth, no follow up questions, just one random disjointed question after another.  Lots of times he'll ask the same one twice in the same segment, or ask a question the guest just gone into detail about and answered - too bad George wasn't listening.  When he's asking them, he usually garbles or mispronounces a word or two.

So it sure sounds like a bunch of questions on 3x5 index cards are handed to George as he goes on (or, more likely, put up on his computer screen), and he just reads them, in order, no matter what, whenever the guests pauses to take a breath.

On the other hand, George claims to put in 8 hours a day on show prep.  If he is, he is the dumbest dullard ever to sit at a desk.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 04, 2011, 11:53:13 AM
I heard some of the Menzies portion and thought he was excellent; knowledgeable and although speculative, his hypotheses are based on historic fact and evidence.  His book initiated a lot of interest in early Chinese navigation several years back.  Noory was once again embarrassingly incompetent speaking with a serious scholar. He fell back on playing to the New Age loonies by repeatedly attempting to draw Menzies into the outrageous and silly stuff.  I wonder who hung-up on who.

I really enjoyed the interview Ian did with Menzies a few years back, enough to buy his first book, then also read his second one.  So tempted to listen in last night, probably should have but glad I didn't.

Would like to have heard Menzies discuss the Atlantis book, but why frustrate myself.  What could George Noory possibly add to any show? 

Counting his TurdHawk days in St Louis, George is in his second decade as an interviewer on a radio show, and he still has no idea how to conduct one.  Can someone at PremRat please end this.

I didn't listen, but there is no excuse to not be able to get three hours out of Menzies. Hell, one hour of that is phone calls......but that's a whole other issue considering the typical Snoory caller's IQ.

Saw on Drudge while ago that Jesse "the body" - "the governor" Ventura lost his Supreme Court hearing today concerning the TSA. Said he is moving to Mexico. Fuck that! Does Noory ever interview Ventura? Just curious if Fuckstick in the mouth Noory will have him on the air tonight. I don't see Ventura, former wrestler, as a genius. But I don't see Noory being able to handle him in an interview. Noory is wayyyy out classed on that one. Fuck you Noory  :D

Sy-Klone

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 04, 2011, 12:06:33 PMAll this mostly without having an actual conversation - little back and forth, no follow up questions, just one random disjointed question after another.

This hits the nail on the head. This describes perfectly and succinctly why I stopped listening to Coast to Coast AM as long as George Noory is driving the bus.

I don't hate Noory. I don't. But I don't think he's equipped to do the kind of engaging talk radio that Coast to Coast AM needs to be. Because Noory interviews. He asks basic, broad, general questions. There's no semblance of thought or conversation. There's no back and forth. There's no "interesting point, let's run with that a second, so here's my question on that front..."

Given the shift in format that Coast has seen in the last five years, it's clear that me that Noory is terrified of live unscripted talk radio. Art used to proudly announce that he hosted live unscripted open lines talk radio. He'd have guests, but even that seemed conversational and off the cuff. But it seems like Noory is terrified of the spontaneous, terrified of live, unscripted conversation. He needs to keep things moving, let the guests ramble, quell any conversational spark, and limit participation by the audience, all so that he can minimize the chances that something unpredictable will occur.

Thing is? What we all love about classic Coast to Coast AM, at its best? It's sheer unpredictability, intellectual or otherwise. So you can see the problem...

Quote from: NefariousBanana on November 04, 2011, 08:56:47 PM
I came across a thread on the old Fantastic Forum.

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/showthread.php?threadid=27940
So that's why the FF site closed? Cause Noory was threatening to sue them?

L-O-Fucking-L
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
That is awesome! What a find  :D

Frys Girl

L-O-Fucking-L
This is why George Noory is obsessed with saying "Fantastic Forum with a 2!!!"

L-O-Fucking-L

Email Notice from George Noory to the Fantastic Forum
From George Noory <george@coasttocoastam.com>
May 17, 2007 4:11 PM
subject: FF

Once again, your forum is being used for hate and inaccuracy. The Sci-Fi show IS NOT a paid for informercial, but has been produced for Sci-Fi and will run at their expense.

Additionally, I have informed my attorney to immediately begin plans to sue various members for libel and to obtain from you either voluntarily or in court appropriate IP addresses, etc.

I take my career seriously and have NO problems with honest criticism and critique, but it's gotten out of hand.

I am asking you, as the administrator for the LAST TIME to clean this up, and will hold you personally responsible for such libelous attempts by your members to libel me and the show.

__________________________________________________________________________-

Yet George Noory has no problem criticising others - lenders, energy providers, government agencies, companies providing medicines - using a broad brush to smear entire industries without providing much in the way of solid facts, without looking into the particulars himself, just blathering away in order to promote his personal theories like abiotic oil and pet ideas like home remedies.  Just his opinion I suppose.

But somehow the opinion of others, opinions he doesn't like are libelous.  Somehow if someone thinks his show resembles an informercial more than a show inquiring into the paranormal, they are full of 'hate', 'inaccuracy', and 'libel'.  Interesting position for someone that supposedly spent a career in journalism.

George protests a little too much.  Good thing he's all for 'honest criticism and critique'.  His having 'NO problems' (sic) with that is probably what got entire threads deleted on other forums.

Further evedence for those who think he's a 'nice guy' to consider.  Further evidence for those who would accuse him of dishonesty.

A very small man.  How about the part about taking his 'career seriously'?  George Noory sucks.

Morgus

Nitwit Noory did it again tonight.
He again cut his guest off early after one hour instead of the scheduled 2 hours.
He substituted in the second hour another of his frequent guests, this time storyteller Lionel Fanthorpe.

Of course Noory has to ask Lionel to tell the story of 'Springheeled Jack" again for the hundredth time...  :o
This must be to make it hard to tell between a new interview or a replay, so when he cuts out early on Friday nights he thinks he will fool people with the last hour replays.

VtaGeezer

Noory just pulled the plug on another interesting guest for whom he was unprepared.  UK Cryptozoology writer Robert Freeman was promo'd for "the first half" to talk on Japanese crypto but disappeared at end of the 1st hour.  I smelled it coming by the first break.  Noory was out of things to say in minutes and could only interrogate Freeman rapid-fire on every crypto creature ever mentioned on C2C from Bigfoot to chupacabra.  He's unable to give guests any free rein to tell their story. Freeman apparently used too much rational judgement for Ol' George when he poo-pooed the thunderbird explaining that on any given day there are tens of thousands serious bird watchers about and not a one had yet reported any airplane-sized birds.  And it was so nice hearing about crytozoology without you-know-whose evangelical rants. But then Freeman was suddenly gone...replaced by C2C's stock Brit windbag Lionel Fanthorpe who never seems to have any point. 

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 04, 2011, 11:30:54 PM
How about the part about taking his 'career seriously'?  George Noory sucks.

Hehe, wasn't that special? Is that supposed to be some kind of a joke?

WOTR

Quote from: Galaga on November 04, 2011, 09:44:48 AM
I've seen this comment a lot here. Is it in fact true, or simply speculation? If it's true, what's the source?
...Don't get me wrong. I am totally prepared to believe it because it makes perfect sense to explain the endless flux of nonsense.
A number of other posters have pretty much answered it... There is no hard proof, but the indications are that he is not conducting an interview where he listens to the response before formulating the next question.  In many cases it seems like the next question is already prepared and he is just waiting for the guest to pause before he fires it off.

I feel that if he were interviewing a guest about a book that was just written on the economic crash and something unexpected happened he would just keep "on script."  If part way through the interview, out of the blue, the guest tossed in "I have been abducted by aliens from the planet Zarcon many times," I think that Noory would go to the next "card" and ask how long it took to write the book while ignoring the obvious direction the interview should take.

I can't count how many times I have felt there was a very obvious question that was missed or a response that just seemed to be ignored while the interview continued "on script".  I have felt like I was getting whiplash from some interviews when the guest keeps trying to make a point and the host keeps cutting him off and taking the interview in the direction he thinks it should go.

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on November 05, 2011, 12:31:18 AM
He again cut his guest off early after one hour instead of the scheduled 2 hours.
He substituted in the second hour another of his frequent guests, this time storyteller Lionel Fanthorpe.
Nobody works harder (at trying to cut out early) than Noory.

I'm glad that I found this forum to prevent me from wasting my time.  I was going to tune in now... however, through your post we find that there is no point as I would just be catching a "classic Noory rerun."

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on November 04, 2011, 09:00:40 PM

Whoa! WTF is that :o
She a reptilian?

I think she decided that people of color were under represented.

valdez

L-O-Fucking-L

Wow. Good stuff. The hammer of Noory falls. Excellent work, Frys Girl.

He again cut his guest off early after one hour instead of the scheduled 2 hours.  He substituted in the second hour another of his frequent guests, this time storyteller Lionel Fanthorpe...

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 05, 2011, 12:34:58 AM
Noory just pulled the plug on another interesting guest for whom he was unprepared. UK Cryptozoology writer Robert Freeman was promo'd for "the first half" to talk on Japanese crypto but disappeared at end of the 1st hour. I smelled it coming by the first break. Noory was out of things to say in minutes and could only interrogate Freeman rapid-fire on every crypto creature ever mentioned on C2C from Bigfoot to chupacabra. He's unable to give guests any free rein to tell their story. Freeman apparently used too much rational judgement for Ol' George when he poo-pooed the thunderbird explaining that on any given day there are tens of thousands serious bird watchers about and not a one had yet reported any airplane-sized birds. And it was so nice hearing about crytozoology without you-know-whose evangelical rants. But then Freeman was suddenly gone...replaced by C2C's stock Brit windbag Lionel Fanthorpe who never seems to have any point.

Were my ears deceiving me, or did George actually ask Robert Freeman about Godzilla?  He did, didn't he?  Amazing.  I agree that George ran out of questions "in minutes", and it was Freeman's rational dismissal of the "giant birds" that set the stage for Producer Tom to get old Lionel Fanthorp on the line for George to abuse.  Lionel has done a lot of stuff which would make for a decent interview, but to George he's just one of those dolls with a string on his back.  George began open lines talking about some story of 400 alien bodies found buried in Rwanda.  Bullcrap?  Sure, but how hard is it to get somebody on the phone and devote more than 30 seconds on this?  Truth Seeker?  Really?  I gotta go finish reading that thread that Frys Girl posted.  Facinating.  No wonder George's "shout out" friends are so adoring of him.

Godzilla
Kind of what George has done to C2C...

If this keeps up..you may have to start being a bit more descriptive on your breakdown of the "Noory did it again's". For cataloging purposes and historical accuracy of course  8)

Frys Girl

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on November 03, 2011, 07:27:09 PM
Not so odd for someone whose 4 out of 5 marriages were to Asian/Filipina women!  (Maybe Vickie L. Baker was Asian too, not so sure.)

Airyn Ruiz, April 11, 2006 â€" present.
Ramona Lee Hayes, August 4, 1991  â€" January 5, 2006  (deceased).
Vickie L. Baker, married March 1, 1981, divorced, July 3, 1991.
Sukiyaki Sakamoto Kyo, divorced (dates unknown).
Sachiko Toguchi Bell Pontius, married 1965, divorced 1968.
Filipines is a beautiful country. Don't forget that. I see the appeal. Nevada is nice too; don't get me wrong.

Art is a good man in my eyes because he went somewhere so that his wife could also be near her family. I might be wrong about that, but if it's true, good on him.

Usagi

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 05, 2011, 12:34:58 AM
Noory just pulled the plug on another interesting guest for whom he was unprepared.  UK Cryptozoology writer Robert Freeman was promo'd for "the first half" to talk on Japanese crypto but disappeared at end of the 1st hour.  I smelled it coming by the first break.  Noory was out of things to say in minutes and could only interrogate Freeman rapid-fire on every crypto creature ever mentioned on C2C from Bigfoot to chupacabra.  He's unable to give guests any free rein to tell their story. Freeman apparently used too much rational judgement for Ol' George when he poo-pooed the thunderbird explaining that on any given day there are tens of thousands serious bird watchers about and not a one had yet reported any airplane-sized birds.  And it was so nice hearing about crytozoology without you-know-whose evangelical rants. But then Freeman was suddenly gone...replaced by C2C's stock Brit windbag Lionel Fanthorpe who never seems to have any point.

This pissed me off so incredibly.  Robert Freeman was actually fresh and highly interesting.  I wanted to immediately find out more about the odd Japanese folklore he was describing.   Zombie whale?  Awesome.  But... George did not even seem to register any of it.  No follow up questions.  Wait, what... Freeman isn't saying this is all real, just that it's fascinating enough that the stories exist and persist for some reason?  Is it just not sensationalist enough?  Lionel Fanthorpe shows up and my ears started to bleed (and he's clearly far from the worst guest they could have pulled out of their arse, it's just that it's the same old crap).  I forget what it was he said, but it made me turn off the radio in disgust.  Some BS spiritual crap, I assume.

George Noory sucks donkey balls.

Quote from: Usagi on November 05, 2011, 11:38:18 AM
This pissed me off so incredibly.  Robert Freeman was actually fresh and highly interesting.  I wanted to immediately find out more about the odd Japanese folklore he was describing.   Zombie whale?  Awesome.  But... George did not even seem to register any of it.  No follow up questions.  Wait, what... Freeman isn't saying this is all real, just that it's fascinating enough that the stories exist and persist for some reason?  Is it just not sensationalist enough?  Lionel Fanthorpe shows up and my ears started to bleed (and he's clearly far from the worst guest they could have pulled out of their arse, it's just that it's the same old crap).  I forget what it was he said, but it made me turn off the radio in disgust.  Some BS spiritual crap, I assume.

George Noory sucks donkey balls.

We shouldn't be too hard on George this week, he's gotten a little depressed hearing that another asteroid is going to miss Earth.

This episode with Robert Freeman just reconfirms George's complete lack of interest in the subject matter.  Not sure if he's flat out lying about it, or if in his diseased brain somehow he really thinks he's some sort of investigator.

From the 'fantastic forum' post on the previous page, somebody did a spot-on impression of GN. It's so right! (and so sad that its pretty much true and he's still hosting this thing)

http://www.borgus.com/mp3/borgus-noory.mp3

michio

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on November 04, 2011, 07:53:54 PM
Saw on Drudge while ago that Jesse "the body" - "the governor" Ventura lost his Supreme Court hearing today concerning the TSA. Said he is moving to Mexico. Fuck that! Does Noory ever interview Ventura? Just curious if Fuckstick in the mouth Noory will have him on the air tonight. I don't see Ventura, former wrestler, as a genius. But I don't see Noory being able to handle him in an interview. Noory is wayyyy out classed on that one. Fuck you Noory  :D

Mexico?  Hope he's packing heat.  Noory interviewed Ventura on the April 11,2011 C2CAM.  Alex Jones followed him. I'm pretty sure Noory must have mentioned Ventura's TSA loss in his usual 'spin on the news' segment.  I haven't listened to the Ventura interview so I can't tell you how it went.