• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

beachcomber

Gads...Noory ...he babbled away that when he sent that lousy prerecorded Dracula impersonation to Tommy, he got no response. Just silence. This puzzled him, since usually he gets some kind of response ("That's great, George") - but not this time, not even  from his own chief minion (Hahaha, he *ADDed happily) and what a clown he is.
Maybe the Coast staff is breaking ranks and sidling towards the exits.

Art knew how to sustain the eerie mood during Ghost to Ghost shows while GN was intent on breaking it after each caller with his offtopic bilgespeak. Somebody said he heard a recent chat where Noory actually said that he wasn't going to do Ghost to Ghost this year. "That was Art's thing", he said.
He got that right.

* ADD...get it?

Quote from: Morgus on November 02, 2011, 05:41:47 PM
Noory explained that fake dracula bit in the last hour was because he lost a bet with the guy and he had to play his pre-recorded dracula bit to fulfull the terms of the bet.
Leave it to Nitwit Noory to screw up ghost-to-ghost by sticking in his own junk from personal bet losses.
Its supposed to be for one night a year, no guests, no pre-recorded bits and stunts, no stories and chit-chat from Noory himself, just live real callers with their own ghost stories.  >:(

Morgus

Noory resorts to more fear mongering the first hour tonight with Jerome Corsi back again.
Of course that triggers more bible thumpers reading prophecies coming from the Old Testament that they figure are nukes going off in the middle east.

redgiant

Quote from: valdez on November 02, 2011, 05:00:08 AM

Dr. Bruce Fagel on how doctors can really screw things up, then Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes on...well... I don't know what her focus was, because George doesn't do a good job at summing up the conversation.  She was very spiritual, and sincere, and deep, and her answers to George's idiotic questions ("what about the Virgin Mary appearing on a slice of toast?") were more thoughtful than George deserved.  Yeah, and he shamelessly hit on her, but what bugged me was when a trucker called in and asked Clarissa a question, and she answered it, and then she wanted to ask the trucker a question and George said, "I think he hung up."  He does this all the time.  We know the callers are cut off after their questions.  Why not just say it?  Why lie to the guest?  Why lie to the audience?  A few nights ago Wells was asking a question to somebody, rambling on the way he does, and then he stops and says, "I'm sorry, I don't know where I was going with this..."  Yeah.  Honesty.  I've not felt that I've been lied to from Art, Ian, or Knapp, or that Simone guy, or Howe, and Hoagland is just nuts, but George does it so easily.

I really was excited when I saw that this iconic American author and mythologist/psychotherapist was to be interviewed on C2C last night.  Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes rarely does interviews and is one of my favorite authors.   George just couldn't handle it and she made it so easy for him. However, when he said 45 mins or an hour into the interview "Please call me George" after all the formalities and complements and discussions about her 'lovely voice' were done-there was hardly an interview. She seemed uncomfortable- I felt embarrassed for him. John Wells; George Knapp or Ian Punnett would have been so much better-Art would have definately done the best job...George-you blew it! Once again, this was about focusing on your personal needs and not preparing adequately for the interview. I actually thought you were improving recently, however, this really threw me. Very disappointing interview.

Frys Girl

George Noory must be fired. I just caught some show, and George asked his guest 'are you a theorist type of scientist?' Who writes these questions? How can anyone tolerate this crap?

WOTR

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 03, 2011, 12:45:09 AM
George Noory must be fired. I just caught some show, and George asked his guest 'are you a theorist type of scientist?' Who writes these questions? How can anyone tolerate this crap?
I don't understand this... The best interviewer in all the land asks the most important question that you can ask one of "those sciency type people" and you fail to report the response?  How am I to know if I wish to listen to the interview if I am unaware whether the guest is a "theorist type of scientist" or not?

Scully

Quote from: valdez on November 02, 2011, 05:00:08 AM
...what bugged me was when a trucker called in and asked Clarissa a question, and she answered it, and then she wanted to ask the trucker a question and George said, "I think he hung up."  He does this all the time.  We know the callers are cut off after their questions.  Why not just say it?  Why lie to the guest?  Why lie to the audience? ... George does it so easily.

Isn't that the worst???  It's an instant snapshot of George's true character.

Quote from: Morgus on November 03, 2011, 12:03:07 AM
Noory resorts to more fear mongering the first hour tonight with Jerome Corsi back again.
Of course that triggers more bible thumpers reading prophecies coming from the Old Testament that they figure are nukes going off in the middle east.

And as Corsi bragged, C2C puts out the news that no one else will. Now that's the accidental truth!  :P

Quote from: Scully on November 03, 2011, 03:48:41 AM
Isn't that the worst???  It's an instant snapshot of George's true character.

This kind of stuff reminds me of his comment just a few shows ago when he responded to some guest by saying he remembers alchemy class from high school. 

A perfect example of not really listening, not quite knowing the meaning of common words, a willingness to jump in with a quick lie to make himself seem informed... just an overall shoddy creepy guy in way over his head.

valdez

Quote from: WOTR on November 03, 2011, 03:14:44 AM
I don't understand this...
How can anyone tolerate this crap?
Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 03, 2011, 04:03:29 AM
... just an overall shoddy creepy guy in way over his head.
Quote from: Morgus on November 03, 2011, 12:03:07 AM
...more fear mongering the first hour tonight with Jerome Corsi...

Everyone's favorite right wing loon, and Obama birth certificate gadfly, the lovable Jerome Corsi on Iran and all the nations that want to bomb it.  Then George stumbles and mumbles his way through two science guys, Dr. Vernon Neppe, and Dr. Edward Close, talking about consciousness.  Words that El Noory had difficulty pronouncing tonight:  Tehran and unseasonable.

Likipedia

It gets worse and worse, didn't I hear Snoory ask a ghost hunter where Kiss got their makeup the other day?
And heaven forbid he should ever call anyone out on their BS, he'd have no guests then I guess, and should we really be deciding foreign policy by reading Ezekiel ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Corsi

YNOT

As with most of his shows, Art made G2G an intimate event between himself and the listeners.  You actually felt like a bunch of friends sitting around a campfire, telling stories.  Art's genuine interest and interaction with the caller really came thru.  Sadly the magic of those days has been replaced by its creepy doppelganger, a grotesque caricature of what it was. 

For the most part I have to agree that Coast is dead...or at least a vegetable on life support. 
I think what many of us "old timers" fear is that if C2C really was cancelled, there would be no focal point to draw like minds together.

There has to be a new ship somewhere to jump to, someone with the gusto of Art who could create another show like C2C was.  Any ideas? What shows do you listen to that cover these topics (streaming or radio) ?

redgiant

Quote from: YNOT on November 03, 2011, 06:53:22 AM

There has to be a new ship somewhere to jump to, someone with the gusto of Art who could create another show like C2C was.  Any ideas? What shows do you listen to that cover these topics (streaming or radio) ?

I like a lot of the guests/topics on red ice radio-although sometimes its a little to techno-fringe for me or maybe a little too fringe...unfortunately, it is almost zero paranormal - red ice creations covers :aliens; ancient history; technology and techno conspiracy; earth changes; political conspiracy; mythology; consciousness; He has a wide range of guests and the interviews are separate interview 'parts" (part 1 and part 2). Its free for everyone (part 1) and part 2 is for paid members only-I pay $12.00/for 3 months I think?-its in euros. Henrick is an excellent interviewer and there is no bumper music. Its only about an hour or so per "part" but he is a well informed and likeable interviewer-nothing fancy but professional-with good questions and he is always appropriate and prepared-no ego. 

www.redicecreations.com

analog kid

John Greenewald of theblackvault.com does pretty good with interviews, miles ahead of Noory. He used to do a show at theblackvault.com. I think he's here now.

tmock00

Word.

As an aside, I didn't listen to Noory even attempt to host Ghost to Ghost on Halloween night because I knew I would be disappointed.  Instead, I listened to Ghost to Ghost with Art Bell from 1995 on U7 Radio.

http://www.u7radio.org/

Rex

I just joined this site.  I used to listen to coast to coast am back in 96'  or 97'  wayyyy up north where no one had any business to be getting any kind of signal but I had the hardware as part of my job.   It was great listening to Art Bell.  I worked alone at night at least 80 to a 100 miles from the nearest human, baby sitting helicopters and other equipment, trying to keep them warm in minus sixty degrees (no wind).  Since then I have been listening.
  Over the last few years I find myself getting pissed off with this George guy.  Then, in the last few months I started getting so pissed that I began to research some of his guests.  Guess what I found?.  I'm sure you can guess
  Anyhow,  I found you guys today.  And I am glad.  Because I feel of late that Coast to Coast AM is being taken away from me.  And I wanted to do something before I go back north for the winter.  Because I love getting weirded out when I am up there all alone.  As opposed to getting pissed off.  (by the way,  you should hear some of the things Art has said on the HAM about the whole damn thing).
  If you really want to get rid of George Noory here is one thing you may wish to try.  Start writing the sponsors of the show and tell them you are not going to buy their products until they get rid of him.  You may wish to tell them that you want so and so as the host while your at it.  (Art is out of the question,  he's truly done).  In my experience, when a lot of people go after the sponsors like that they eventually comply, as money is the only thing they really care about.
  Have I said too much?  What do you guys think?

SnapT

Quote from: Rex on November 03, 2011, 05:18:50 PM
Because I love getting weirded out when I am up there all alone.  As opposed to getting pissed off.  (by the way,  you should hear some of the things Art has said on the HAM about the whole damn thing).

DO TELL!

QuoteHave I said too much?

Quite the opposite!

VtaGeezer

Quote from: SnapT on November 03, 2011, 05:36:49 PM
DO TELL!

Quite the opposite!
I used to think Bell maintained some level of creative control over C2C but no longer.  It appears that he's cashed out and has permanently dropped out, and must have a "no comment - no compete" clause.  Does anyone else think something's very odd about someone with his C2C millions deciding to live in Manila, of all places?

The General

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 03, 2011, 06:50:49 PM
I used to think Bell maintained some level of creative control over C2C but no longer.  It appears that he's cashed out and has permanently dropped out, and must have a "no comment - no compete" clause.  Does anyone else think something's very odd about someone with his C2C millions deciding to live in Manila, of all places?
I think it has something to do with a hot young Filipino female. 

... (by the way,  you should hear some of the things Art has said on the HAM about the whole damn thing)...

I don't think Art would say much unless he thought George was either damn lazy and completely unprepared, intentionally lousy at PremRats request, or so full of ego that putting out shit show after shit show is somehow still a quality product simply because he (George) is the one doing it. 

Would love to hear some of Art's Ham commentary, paraphrased..

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 03, 2011, 06:50:49 PM
Does anyone else think something's very odd about someone with his C2C millions deciding to live in Manila, of all places?

Not so odd for someone whose 4 out of 5 marriages were to Asian/Filipina women!  (Maybe Vickie L. Baker was Asian too, not so sure.)

Airyn Ruiz, April 11, 2006 â€" present.
Ramona Lee Hayes, August 4, 1991  â€" January 5, 2006  (deceased).
Vickie L. Baker, married March 1, 1981, divorced, July 3, 1991.
Sukiyaki Sakamoto Kyo, divorced (dates unknown).
Sachiko Toguchi Bell Pontius, married 1965, divorced 1968.

Scully

I just joined this site.  I used to listen to coast to coast am back in 96'  or 97'  wayyyy up north where no one had any business to be getting any kind of signal but I had the hardware as part of my job.   It was great listening to Art Bell.  I worked alone at night at least 80 to a 100 miles from the nearest human, baby sitting helicopters and other equipment, trying to keep them warm in minus sixty degrees (no wind).  Since then I have been listening.
  Over the last few years I find myself getting pissed off with this George guy.  Then, in the last few months I started getting so pissed that I began to research some of his guests.  Guess what I found?.  I'm sure you can guess
  Anyhow,  I found you guys today.  And I am glad.  Because I feel of late that Coast to Coast AM is being taken away from me.  And I wanted to do something before I go back north for the winter.  Because I love getting weirded out when I am up there all alone.  As opposed to getting pissed off.  (by the way,  you should hear some of the things Art has said on the HAM about the whole damn thing).
  If you really want to get rid of George Noory here is one thing you may wish to try.  Start writing the sponsors of the show and tell them you are not going to buy their products until they get rid of him.  You may wish to tell them that you want so and so as the host while your at it.  (Art is out of the question,  he's truly done).  In my experience, when a lot of people go after the sponsors like that they eventually comply, as money is the only thing they really care about.

Is this for real???  Are you a HAM operator?  What has Art said on HAM???  ???

Quote from: redgiant on November 03, 2011, 07:42:47 AM
unfortunately, it is almost zero paranormal - red ice creations covers :aliens; ancient history; technology and techno conspiracy; earth changes; political conspiracy; mythology; consciousnesswww.redicecreations.com

What are the host's politics?  If he does political conspiracy you probably have some ideas...   Certain political viewpoints (most, actually) totally turn me off.  One of Noory's good points is that he is not constantly getting on the political bandwagon.  Although it bugs me when he does.  (His idea that noone knows what he really thinks is not so true as he thinks.)  But c2c could be worse if Noory preached his politics.

In my experience, when a lot of people go after the sponsors like that they eventually comply, as money is the only thing they really care about.
Coast to Coast is beyond ruin & repair friend. In my opinion at least. With what you said there, how can you put your trust into a host that gets bow'd over like that? Or trust into a corporation that lied to you and tried to fool you..giving you a talking terd for so many years?
I prefer anyways that these people do not know where I live or my i.p. address. The gig is up. Noory knows he's fucked and his ratings are a miscontortion of numbers. He is also pretty bothered by all of the scuttlebutt about Art Bell the Great.
Also, Noory is not your friend. No matter how nice he is and sounds like such a pleasant chap. Do not trust this soulless bastard.

Morgus

Noory booted another guest early (only was on for 2 hours instead of 3 hours) tonight.
Noory was probably getting bored by him and called up his frequent stand-in guest, Joshua P. Warren, to take over the last hour for a post-Halloween report.  :P

Before the show started tonight, Noory claimed the show would be a 'classic'
Looks like he was wrong since he couldn't stand his 'classic' guest for the full scheduled 3 hours?  :o

Vic

I listened and had me some tea and crumpets. :P

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on November 04, 2011, 01:59:01 AM
Noory booted another guest early (only was on for 2 hours instead of 3 hours) tonight.  Noory was probably getting bored by him and called up his frequent stand-in guest, Joshua P. Warren, to take over the last hour for a post-Halloween report.  Before the show started tonight, Noory claimed the show would be a 'classic'...Looks like he was wrong since he couldn't stand his 'classic' guest for the full scheduled 3 hours?  :o

I didn't know Joshua P. Warren wasn't scheduled.  Makes sense considering Warren didn't really have much to report ( I still think his segment should be called the "Warren Report" instead of the idiotic "Joshua P. Warren's Paranormal Moment"), and George ran out of questions for Gavin Menzies at exactly one hour and ten minutes into the interview.  Menzies wasn't too bad.  According to him Atlantis was an island in the Mediterranean run by the Minoans and they were all killed by a volcano.  He also said that the Chinese had come to the new world before Columbus and George asked "did they colonize America?"  Yeah, George, they did.  That's why we're all talking Chinese.  Idiot.   Anthony Watts in the first hour countering the recent report on how us humans are really screwing things up with our carbon dioxide output....on account of how we like to breathe so much.  Tonight I was thinking that George plays the same damn bumper music over and over with little variation, then he threw in "Year of the Cat", which is really an Art song, and he knows that, but he doesn't give a crap.

admiral zheng Sonia Kolesnikov Jessop: Did Chinese beat out Columbus?
el primero conquistador?

stevesh

I had the feeling Noory decided to throw Dr. Menzies under the bus as soon as he said that Atlantis didn't have super-duper crystal-powered technology. Seems like the Minoans were ahead of their time as far as sea-faring and a little mathematics, but weren't the space travelers that the New Agers and Noory want them to be.

Would have liked to know, though, how they knew there was copper to be mined in the US Great Lakes area. Making the trip and mining it is one thing, but how did they know it was there in the first place, from the other side of the world ? This is the kind of question an intelligent host would ask.

El Kragen

Quote from: valdez on November 04, 2011, 05:32:55 AM

... and George ran out of questions for Gavin Menzies at exactly one hour and ten minutes into the interview.  Menzies wasn't too bad.  According to him Atlantis was an island in the Mediterranean run by the Minoans and they were all killed by a volcano.  He also said that the Chinese had come to the new world before Columbus and George asked "did they colonize America?"  Yeah, George, they did.  That's why we're all talking Chinese.  Idiot.

This author was on with Ian a few years back for a full show all about his book 1421. IMO very interesting stuff, kind of alt history. It was a good show because the host read the f*cking book and was prepared to discuss it. I'm sure George started freaking out 45 minutes in because he was all out of 3x5 cards.

Galaga

Quote from: El Kragen on November 04, 2011, 08:38:54 AM
I'm sure George started freaking out 45 minutes in because he was all out of 3x5 cards.

I've seen this comment a lot here. Is it in fact true, or simply speculation? If it's true, what's the source?

Don't get me wrong. I am totally prepared to believe it because it makes perfect sense to explain the endless flux of nonsense.

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on November 04, 2011, 12:18:32 AM
No matter how nice he is and sounds like such a pleasant chap. Do not trust this soulless bastard.

A-frigging-men! There is something very wrong with a situation where a man has risen practically as high as he can go in his career, yet seems incapable of producing anything other than a dimwitted product, and without the self-awareness or interest in noticing the shortcomings and doing something about it!

I've speculated previously a few reasons why this is (see previous posts of mine, including a reply I got from Coast producer Lisa Lyon). But one of the explanations I proposed was that the Nightsquawk is some kind of evil genius, carefully crafting the dungloaf the audience is expected to enjoy, but hiding behind the mask of a blockhead, all in an attempt to misdirect the torpid listener on several levels.

I know, I know. These thoughts are madness. But they still linger in the back of my mind...

Tara

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on November 04, 2011, 12:18:32 AM

Also, Noory is not your friend. No matter how nice he is and sounds like such a pleasant chap. Do not trust this soulless bastard.

We've all worked with people who were nice to your face.  Behind the facade they were cunning bastards who would stab you in the back for a nickel.  Noory is too stupid to be really cunning but his nice guy persona is an act he has probably used his entire life to advance without any talent.