• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

11angeleyes11

I like to try new things.  Let the staff off for just one evening.  All you can eat Greek for everyone!  Okay, the board op remains, but let George have a night alone with the mike and crickets in the cave.  Schedule a guest with one hour of unscreened open lines.  That would be so primitive, yet so much fun. 

I think I am shocked with just how bad it all was... just shocked..

You know this has gotten out of hand, for sure.. this is to the point, I think ,of no return..

Eddie Coyle

C2C has been in Terry Schiavo territory for years. Both died in 2005 as far as I'm concerned.

DietCoke

man this year i just listened to old ghost to ghosts

punkinpie

Wow.  I am listening now.  I don't think they were live at all last night.  Wtf? 

kf5iwe

My apologies to "SHANE"   ART! ART! COME BACK ART!! WE'RE SORRY ABOUT WHATEVER WE DID ART!! COME BAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!! I guess I will go take up remote controll helicopters or something. C2C is gone

Yetman

I am trying to listen to this abortion right now.  My thoughts:

1. George Noory is an assclown and a cheeky little shit.  He doesn't take this shit seriously enough because he is a dullard.
2. Only a couple shows per year are inappropriate for guests.  You can have guests on 360 days a year, but goddam it, DON'T put guests on Ghost to Ghost!! That is fucking ghost story time you are wasting here!!!!
3. I don't really give a shit about the voice-overs or sound effects, whatever. George is so busy raping my treasured memories of G2G, I guess I don't care if he skeets all over them too.

Noory really does ruin this.  It doesn't seem so hard to understand that you need to take the material seriously and stick to the fucking topic and not talk about fucking football and your dick and just fucking talk about Halloween and ghosts and shit.  I never really disliked Noory or realized how wrong he was for this show until tonight.  This is bullshit.

BobGrau

Quote from: Yetman on November 01, 2011, 08:18:26 PM
I am trying to listen to this abortion right now.  My thoughts:

1. George Noory is an assclown and a cheeky little shit.  He doesn't take this shit seriously enough because he is a dullard.
2. Only a couple shows per year are inappropriate for guests.  You can have guests on 360 days a year, but goddam it, DON'T put guests on Ghost to Ghost!! That is fucking ghost story time you are wasting here!!!!
3. I don't really give a shit about the voice-overs or sound effects, whatever. George is so busy raping my treasured memories of G2G, I guess I don't care if he skeets all over them too.

Noory really does ruin this.  It doesn't seem so hard to understand that you need to take the material seriously and stick to the fucking topic and not talk about fucking football and your dick and just fucking talk about Halloween and ghosts and shit.  I never really disliked Noory or realized how wrong he was for this show until tonight.  This is bullshit.

........Art, is that you?
???

HorrorRetro

Worst show ever.  >:(  I lasted through two "stories" and had to turn it off.

jconrad

Quote from: punkinpie on November 01, 2011, 04:55:31 PM
Wow.  I am listening now.  I don't think they were live at all last night.  Wtf?

I have begun to wonder if any of these shows are indeed live, they really don't sound like it.

Oh my god, George flirting with tonight's guest is making me sick. "Being the tough macho guy I am..."  ;D PLEASE! Then she called him 'Dragon Slayer' which I am sure gave him a massive hardon...does George realize that people are actually listening to the words he says, or does he just not care that he is giving the impression that he thinks C2C is just a way to pick up weird new-age women??

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 02, 2011, 01:02:43 AM
Oh my god, George flirting with tonight's guest is making me sick. "Being the tough macho guy I am..."  ;D PLEASE! Then she called him 'Dragon Slayer'
This could be a good nickname for Noory.

If by "Dragon" she means, a once respected/beloved talk show. We all know Noory slayed that long ago.

Bart

Maybe that is his new system!  (non live scripted wanna be actors---for very low pay)  i tuned in for the first time in weeks (and was surprised at how quickly that old hateful attitude came back.  It was lasting 24 hours a day before i tuned out and saw a change in my own mood after just a few days)  Anyway, just when i tuned in, george was telling a story about thinking he may have seen a ghost in his house in st louis that day.  The guest urged him to think that and all i could picture is months and months of updates on his developing ghost adventure until he finally gets that definate TRUTH For us from his special ghost.  GAG, GAG, GAG.  I continue to read here, but i feel better w/o c2c.

jconrad

So I ask a friend this eve, when is the last time you heard calls about; Shadow people, thunderbirds or bigfoot?  He said, now that you bring it up waaaaay too long.  I liked those old shows, gone forever like sour cream and onion Doritos.

valdez

Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 02, 2011, 01:02:43 AM
Oh my god, George flirting with tonight's guest is making me sick....

Dr. Bruce Fagel on how doctors can really screw things up, then Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes on...well... I don't know what her focus was, because George doesn't do a good job at summing up the conversation.  She was very spiritual, and sincere, and deep, and her answers to George's idiotic questions ("what about the Virgin Mary appearing on a slice of toast?") were more thoughtful than George deserved.  Yeah, and he shamelessly hit on her, but what bugged me was when a trucker called in and asked Clarissa a question, and she answered it, and then she wanted to ask the trucker a question and George said, "I think he hung up."  He does this all the time.  We know the callers are cut off after their questions.  Why not just say it?  Why lie to the guest?  Why lie to the audience?  A few nights ago Wells was asking a question to somebody, rambling on the way he does, and then he stops and says, "I'm sorry, I don't know where I was going with this..."  Yeah.  Honesty.  I've not felt that I've been lied to from Art, Ian, or Knapp, or that Simone guy, or Howe, and Hoagland is just nuts, but George does it so easily.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: jconrad on November 02, 2011, 02:21:52 AM
So I ask a friend this eve, when is the last time you heard calls about; Shadow people, thunderbirds or bigfoot?  He said, now that you bring it up waaaaay too long.  I liked those old shows, gone forever like sour cream and onion Doritos.
Exactly.  I didn't listen to Art Bell because of my or his beliefs. AB was entertaining, quirky and smart.  He didn't take himself or his guests too seriously and wouldn't hesitate to challenge dopey stuff.  IIRC on several occasions, Bell ended interviews when guests proved to be lame.  We'd turn on C2C when we event to bed and I'd often get angry at myself when I'd lay there listening to some one telling fascinating stories about the Sphinx, Roswell, or somesuch thing until 2AM.  Noory has turned the program into a perverse pseudo-spirtual thing that seems aimed at desperately lonely people.  Since Noory, I'm usually asleep before the next break. I see tonight Noory hosts yet another damn "consciousness" guest.  I think tonight we'll leave the radio off.   I have mixed feelings. I want Noory replaced but I'd rather hear his smarmy crap than reruns of Beck or some other rabid rightwinger's daytime rantings. And that's probably what will replace C2C.

BobGrau

Quote from: Bart on November 02, 2011, 01:17:44 AM
Anyway, just when i tuned in, george was telling a story about thinking he may have seen a ghost in his house in st louis that day. 

That was me, remote viewing noory in his shorts. I do not recommend this.

b_dubb

Ghost to ghost was embarrassingly awful. The staged bits were suitable for children.

Folks ... Coast is dead. Time to toss some dirt on the coffin. And walk away. Listening any further will just tarnish your memories of something you really enjoyed

Yetman

Quote from: b_dubb on November 02, 2011, 01:03:16 PM
Ghost to ghost was embarrassingly awful. The staged bits were suitable for children.

Folks ... Coast is dead. Time to toss some dirt on the coffin. And walk away. Listening any further will just tarnish your memories of something you really enjoyed

What the fuck was that part with the Dracula impersonator?  That was the worst Dracula voice I have ever fucking heard.  Jesus, someone needs to be fucking shot over this episode.  Cockgobblers, every last one.

Quote from: b_dubb on November 02, 2011, 01:03:16 PM

Anyone wonder how many emails George got praising him for improving G2G?  I'm guessing zero.

Tommy just groaned, more work - now that he read this he's going to have to anonamously send some to George to massage his ego...

Morgus

Quote from: Yetman on November 02, 2011, 04:31:15 PM
What the fuck was that part with the Dracula impersonator?  That was the worst Dracula voice I have ever fucking heard.  Jesus, someone needs to be fucking shot over this episode.  Cockgobblers, every last one.
Noory explained that fake dracula bit in the last hour was because he lost a bet with the guy and he had to play his pre-recorded dracula bit to fulfull the terms of the bet.
Leave it to Nitwit Noory to screw up ghost-to-ghost by sticking in his own junk from personal bet losses.
Its supposed to be for one night a year, no guests, no pre-recorded bits and stunts, no stories and chit-chat from Noory himself, just live real callers with their own ghost stories.  >:(

Quote from: Morgus on November 02, 2011, 05:41:47 PM
Noory explained that fake dracula bit in the last hour was because he lost a bet with the guy and he had to play his pre-recorded dracula bit to fulfull the terms of the bet.
Leave it to Nitwit Noory to screw up ghost-to-ghost by sticking in his own junk from personal bet losses.
Its supposed to be for one night a year, no guests, no pre-recorded bits and stunts, no stories and chit-chat from Noory himself, just live real callers with their own ghost stories.  >:(

"The paranormal doesn't move ratings". That's from Snoory himself.

I suspect next year's Halloween show will be just a regular show with some shitstain like Jerome Corsi yammering about Obama or some such hot garbage.

Yes indeed. Coast to Coast is dying a slow death.

And Ghost to Ghost is dead beyond resuscitation.

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on November 02, 2011, 05:54:50 PM
"The paranormal doesn't move ratings". That's from Snoory himself.

Yeah, and if George did a sports talk show, we'd be hearing sports don't draw ratings either..