• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Avi

Mark Anthony (an unfortunate pseudonym) coming right up! Not an ambulance chaser but a hearse chaser.

coaster

George just attempted a lawyer joke and failed miserably.

TheBlackFlag

One of my favourite "Nooryisms" was when a guest had mentioned the star Betelgeuse, it was pronounced corretly as "Bettel juice" and Noory instantly laughed at him, then condescendingly tried to correct the guest.  He came back from the break, after being corrected, and announced it like it was a revelation that was how it is correctly pronounced.

He is a unique combination of dim-witted yet arrogant.

(By the way, I am so glad that I found your forum!  I thought I was the only one who was so disappointed with Noory and his creampuff questions and spoon fed phone calls.)

rangers1919

Noory has so completely destroyed this show that I think it is one of the worst talk shows on the air now, including local shows. When there were phone troubles the other night and a few minutes of dead air w/ paper shuffling in the background it was the longest stretch I had been able to listen to in weeks. I even thought to myself that is was better than having Noory host.

Now when I listen to the show I just think everything about it; from the idiot host, to the idiot guests, to their idiot plugs are nothing but a carnival of dumb people pitching ideas for other dumb people. I think the only intelligent people that listen to the show do it in the manner that so many people here have already said, just to listen to the disaster it has become for a few minutes. It seems impossible, but Noory is essentially a slightly less crazy, but dumber version of Glenn Beck now.

valdez

Another show on remote viewing with Paul Smith.  It took a lady calling at the end of the segment to ask "what is remote viewing?"  Hire her.  In all fairness they've done so many shows on this that it's easy to think it doesn't have to be explained, and yet when they do explain it it still seems so vague.   Mark Anthony, not the singer, but the psychic lawyer said we all have about 50 to 60 spirits hanging around us.  That's nuts.  I haven't known that many people in all my life.   

Lovely Bones

Quote from: valdez on October 27, 2011, 04:18:48 AM
       Mark Anthony, not the singer

Apparently much to the disappointment of the celebrity-seeking Noory. 

Anyone catch the little description of how he met Mark Anthony, the psychic lawyer, when he saw the name on a list of people at some convention or whatever he attended? 

All aglow, he described his anticipation at meeting JLo's ex and possibly getting some of the nitty gritty on their falling out, only to discover that Mark-with-a-k Anthony was someone entirely different. 

Poor disappointed Georgie. 

fysisist

Quote from: Morgus on October 26, 2011, 02:21:06 PM
thats old outdated info unfortunately.
noory originally planned to retire in Dec 2012 when he took over 8 years ago, but after a few years he decided to extend that and now has no planned retirement date.
he has reported multiple contract extensions to 2016 and beyond in the past couple years...

Yeah, it's a grim prospect, for sure.  On the other hand, he'd be a fool if he didn't ride that old nag into the sunset.  He sure as hell won't ever get another opportunity like this, at least not in a universe with even one shred of decency. 

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on October 27, 2011, 04:18:48 AM
     Another show on remote viewing with Paul Smith.  It took a lady calling at the end of the segment to ask "what is remote viewing?" 
its because of those clueless callers that noory always reviews the basics of RV and other subjects for the "newer listeners"
that makes those interviews mostly rehashes of earlier interviews, boring for the rest...  :o

Quote from: Morgus on October 27, 2011, 01:25:57 PM
its because of those clueless callers that noory always reviews the basics of RV and other subjects for the "newer listeners" that makes those interviews mostly rehashes of earlier interviews, boring for the rest...  :o

That, and the need to fill 4 hours with... something.

Morgus

That lazy Noory just said on the air he was taking off Friday night again.
Another fill-in guest host takes over for him.

valdez

A wasted interview with Evelyn Paglini. "If you put a curse on someone will it come back at you five fold or ten fold?"  It's 16 fold, George, now will you stop asking that friggin' question to every occult guess you have on?  Lauren Weinstein on internet privacy.  George says that the internet has "taken this planet by foot."  By foot?  Did you say that, George?  Is that a mid west thing?  Robin Falkov reporting on the wonderful, peaceful, New York OWS.  Whatever.  Go ahead and take tomorrow off, George.  You came with nothing this week.   

Tara

Quote from: valdez on October 28, 2011, 05:18:56 AM
     Robin Falkov[/b] reporting on the wonderful, peaceful, New York OWS.  Whatever.   

From the photos I've seen of her, Robin Falkov appears to be about my age.  I always feel disgusted with people who are middle-aged or older and are still mentally in the 1960's.  It's over man.  The kids call it weed not grass.  Peace, love, dope.  How passe'.  Steve Jobs changed the world, not Abbie Hoffman. 

fysisist

A wasted interview with Evelyn Paglini.

Is that Evan or Evelyn?  I couldn't tell if it was a woman who has been smoking three packs of Pall Malls a day for the last 40 years or a guy with a bigger pair than Noory.

El Kragen

Lauren Weinstein on internet privacy.  George says that the internet has "taken this planet by foot."  By foot?  Did you say that, George?  Is that a mid west thing?

Legit LOL

You can't make this stuff up folks.

punkinpie

The C2C website lists the guest as TBA, but I saw on Facebook that satanist Winter Laake is going to be on tonight.  I enjoyed his appearance last time.  Maybe (crossing fingers) the next few days leading up to Halloween will be decent. 

Morgus

Quote from: punkinpie on October 28, 2011, 02:10:10 PM
The C2C website lists the guest as TBA, but I saw on Facebook that satanist Winter Laake is going to be on tonight.  I enjoyed his appearance last time.  Maybe (crossing fingers) the next few days leading up to Halloween will be decent.
halloween night should be terrible with noory hosting ghost-to-ghost again with pre-prepared callers and super-screened lines.  :P

The General

Quote from: Morgus on October 28, 2011, 02:25:51 PM
halloween night should be terrible with noory hosting ghost-to-ghost again with pre-prepared callers and super-screened lines.  :P
Ghost to Ghost with Art used to be so fun to listen to.  No host would be better than this clown.  They could just have a board op put up one caller after another. 

The General

A wasted interview with Evelyn Paglini. "If you put a curse on someone will it come back at you five fold or ten fold?"  It's 16 fold, George, now will you stop asking that friggin' question to every occult guess you have on?  Lauren Weinstein on internet privacy.  George says that the internet has "taken this planet by foot."  By foot?  Did you say that, George?  Is that a mid west thing?  Robin Falkov reporting on the wonderful, peaceful, New York OWS.  Whatever.  Go ahead and take tomorrow off, George.  You came with nothing this week.
Valdez, I love your re-caps.  Thanks for always posting these.

Quote from: Morgus on October 28, 2011, 02:25:51 PM

Heh, (fill in the blank) should be terrible with noory hosting (fill in the blank) with pre-prepared callers and super-screened lines.

Quote from: fysisist on October 28, 2011, 01:04:22 PM
Is that Evan or Evelyn?  I couldn't tell if it was a woman who has been smoking three packs of Pall Malls a day for the last 40 years or a guy with a bigger pair than Noory.

She once predicted 'fires in the West' for the Southern California annual fire season, so she has a free pass to come on with George anytime.

She's not as sure about 'cold in the winter' or 'snow up north' to go out on a limb with those..  Did she agree with George that 'sumpthin's gonna happen'?

Quote from: The General on October 28, 2011, 02:36:42 PM
Valdez, I love your re-caps.  Thanks for always posting these.

I'm a card-carrying member of this club.  Makes me almost sorry I'm no longer an "Insider" and can't go back to listen........... ;D

Who or what the fuck is Winter Laake? I dare say that is not this person's born name.
Guess Ol' George has to have a Satanist on now and then to eroticize his audience of "believers" and get them salivating.

Scully

Valdlez, I only heard parts of that show, and missed hearing that the internet has "taken this planet by foot."  Oh, how I needed that laugh!  Thanks!!!

Two others have told me that Evelyn Paglini called Jorch "Babycakes."  Gotta be another one for the record.  :D

Morgus

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on October 29, 2011, 12:55:04 AM
Who or what the fuck is Winter Laake? I dare say that is not this person's born name.
Guess Ol' George has to have a Satanist on now and then to eroticize his audience of "believers" and get them salivating.
actually noory took tonight off again, the satanist guest tonight is with guest host John Wells.
this guest is into black magic so is kinda the anti-Evelyn Paglini (good witch) who was Noory's guest last night...  8)

Quote from: Morgus on October 29, 2011, 02:04:36 AM
actually noory took tonight off again, the satanist guest tonight is with guest host John Wells.
this guest is into black magic so is kinda the anti-Evelyn Paglini (good witch) who was Noory's guest last night...  8)
It's all about thuh listeners  ::)

valdez

Quote from: Scully on October 29, 2011, 01:40:30 AM
Two others have told me that Evelyn Paglini called Jorch "Babycakes."  Gotta be another one for the record.  :D

I believe that's correct.

astroguy

Doesn't George claim he only takes 1 week off a year?  Seems like he takes a heck of a lot more time off than that.

Morgus

Quote from: astroguy on October 29, 2011, 01:51:27 PM
Doesn't George claim he only takes 1 week off a year?  Seems like he takes a heck of a lot more time off than that.
that was years ago.
nowadays he takes off Fridays nearly every other week.
probably for his many event appearances and book signings, plus he needs time to help write more books?  8)

Quote from: Morgus on October 29, 2011, 02:16:24 PM
that was years ago.
nowadays he takes off Fridays nearly every other week.
probably for his many event appearances and book signings, plus he needs time to help write more books?  8)

George doesn't really have anything to do or anywhere to go.  He dreads weekends, but he hates his job so during the week he can't wait for the weekend.  I think he likes to hang out at bars a restaurants with Tommy and that's really about it.

He wasn't taking time off before and must have built up too much vacation, because he said PremRat was making him use vacation days (for accounting purposes, unused vacation time builds up as a liability on the books and corporations discourage that).

Poor George, even the bean counters at PremRat think he's on much too much.