• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Paradox

Quote from: lonevoice on July 15, 2015, 01:12:42 AM
Facebook itself has a public, officially verified page, here:  https://www.facebook.com/facebook?fref=ts

Facebook does staff this page and it looks like they respond to posts within 8 hours or less, depending on the time of day.  Would someone be willing to post this on their page?  Post it as a comment on their most recent post, the one that says "Is catching a few ZZZZZs on your mind?" 
If someone will post this, we can all go make replies to it, like it, and use the #freeartbell hashtag.  Surely it would get facebook's attention.  I would do this myself, but have some personal security issues.
done and done https://www.facebook.com/facebook?fref=ts

Mason

Quote from: Art Bell on July 14, 2015, 02:44:41 PM
FACEBOOK has locked my account, I sent them a valid ID but still nothing! I smell a RAT.

Art

May I suggest that EVERYONE reading the forum email Facebook with Arts name and inform them of their mistake. You can email Facebook at:  appeals@facebook.com
I just sent mine, if they get 100 or 500 emails on this it might speed the fix! (Remember to be nice, or they may delete you)

ItsOver

Quote from: Mason on July 15, 2015, 08:24:19 AM
May I suggest that EVERYONE reading the forum email Facebook with Arts name and inform them of their mistake. You can email Facebook at:  appeals@facebook.com
I just sent mine, if they get 100 or 500 emails on this it might speed the fix! (Remember to be nice, or they may delete you)
I don't have a Facebook account and, fortunately, have the luxury of not requiring one for business reasons.

Thanks for the email address.  I just sent them a message asking why Art's Facebook is down and politely requesting prompt attention to the matter.

P.S. - Facebook is a pain in the ass.

Mason

Quote from: Art Bell on July 14, 2015, 02:44:41 PM
FACEBOOK has locked my account, I sent them a valid ID but still nothing! I smell a RAT.

Art

In addition to emailing Facebook at appeals@facebook.com you could also asked them nicely on Twitter @facebook (https://twitter.com/facebook). Use the #Artbell and asked them to help Art get his page back up!

PathoJen

Oh suuurrreee, nice try Dave and Co., just because you deleted Art's FB account, it doesn't mean he will have any less subs...as if!

If nothing else, they've merely created an inconvenience for you Art.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: lonevoice on July 15, 2015, 01:12:42 AM
Facebook itself has a public, officially verified page, here:  https://www.facebook.com/facebook?fref=ts

Facebook does staff this page and it looks like they respond to posts within 8 hours or less, depending on the time of day.  Would someone be willing to post this on their page?  Post it as a comment on their most recent post, the one that says "Is catching a few ZZZZZs on your mind?" 
If someone will post this, we can all go make replies to it, like it, and use the #freeartbell hashtag.  Surely it would get facebook's attention.  I would do this myself, but have some personal security issues.

A comment has been made. Thanks.

phrodo

Quote from: Skunk Ape on July 15, 2015, 09:06:45 AM
A comment has been made. Thanks.

They are apparently taking down the posts shortly after they are made as they are missing. I commented on one that I saw and it is now gone as well.

As of almost noon Eastern, Art has 1,094 points on the Reddit IAMA.

Brilliant Q&A, Art was absolutely fantastic, giving it his all and the overnight numbers are incredible.

And Dave is hawking potty adverts on his show. Small wonder PremRats are playing their usual dirty games.

Quote from: phrodo on July 15, 2015, 09:15:57 AM
They are apparently taking down the posts shortly after they are made as they are missing. I commented on one that I saw and it is now gone as well.

I figured they would. The posts all seem to be Gosh, golly how great Facebook is! backslapping kind of stuff, plus the occasional problem. I tweeted them and I'll be emailing them directly.

pyewacket

I thought that was happening. I'm no expert on FB but Art would be better off with a business page for the show and for himself as a public figure. They have different perimeters for those and Art can have as many followers as he can attract. You can't really do that with a personal page. Could they let him change his personal one and transfer his data to a new public figure page? That way his posts can show up in newsfeeds of anyone following his page and spread the word from there. There may be fewer problems with the identity issue.   

ItsOver

There's BellGab.com and ArtBell.com.

FarceBook can go to Hell and take Dave and co. with them.

Skunk Ape

Mines still there for now...

While the other guy was busy working on taking a social media page offline Art acquired a huge audience at KXL. One Reddit AMA and thousands of people showed up. (BTW, nice work Rossy. Great idea.)

Screw Facebook.  They didn't exist when Art built it the first time and they're not needed this time either. Art's page will eventually be restored but I'm sure this is just a diversionary tactic to get him riled up.

4 more days until the pre-show. Focus forward.

Papa Lazarou

Art's AMA has just hit the front page for me (and for all the other /r/IAmA subscribers, I suppose).

wenck

Here's Newstalk 1010 CFRB's show page for Art's show: http://www.newstalk1010.com/shows/art-bell.aspx

Note the last line: "If you would like to send your feedback regarding this show please send an email to:  mike.bendixen@bellmedia.ca." So everyone email and say thank you! Once the show is on a few days, email again and remind Mr. Bendixen that you love the show.

PING

Quote from: Morgus on July 14, 2015, 11:51:44 PM
Yep its a real product, available on amazon:

Squatty Potty® Toilet Stool, 7 Inch- The Original

It's fitting Noory would pitch this. He squats when he pees; this makes it easier

ItsOver

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on July 15, 2015, 09:57:43 AM
...Screw Facebook.  They didn't exist when Art built it the first time and they're not needed this time either. Art's page will eventually be restored but I'm sure this is just a diversionary tactic to get him riled up.

4 more days until the pre-show. Focus forward.
Exactly.  I don't like monopolies in any form.  Before you know it, you've got a bloated, self-important, self-serving bureaucracy.  Facebook is just another website.  Screw'em. 

pyewacket

Art- Please don't let them get under your skin with that FB stunt. They would love to shake you up as much as they themselves are as your return looms closer and closer.

A lot of people are not all that happy with FB and there will be new social media venues cropping up. You hit it right out of the park with Reddit and I'm sure will explode when you're back on the air.

Look at all the gleeful excitement you've caused! You have many, many friends and fans.

Whatever negativity and dirty tricks the "other guy" throws your way will just reflect badly on him.
All but the blind  stupid and those invested in him will see past the thin veneer and turn him off for good.   

Yes- I wanna take a ride!  :)

Edited to not insult the blind!

chefist

This was on the Talking Art Bell FB page....

SciFiAuthor

Art at 1255 on reddit today. Unbelievable numbers, considering most of the reddit users were in diapers when Art was a full-time host.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 15, 2015, 11:02:24 AM
Art at 1255 on reddit today. Unbelievable numbers, considering most of the reddit users were in diapers when Art was a full-time host.

It's really going well! This was Rossy's idea AND he pulled it off spectacularly!

boxman

Quote from: wenck on July 15, 2015, 10:44:52 AM
Here's Newstalk 1010 CFRB's show page for Art's show: http://www.newstalk1010.com/shows/art-bell.aspx

Note the last line: "If you would like to send your feedback regarding this show please send an email to:  mike.bendixen@bellmedia.ca." So everyone email and say thank you! Once the show is on a few days, email again and remind Mr. Bendixen that you love the show.
Love how I cannot even visit that site.. Seems like they blocked my country/ISP since I am gettig a 403 forbidden.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on July 15, 2015, 11:06:59 AM
It's really going well! This was Rossy's idea AND he pulled it off spectacularly!

Yes he did!

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: nika01 on July 15, 2015, 08:12:26 AM
Rut row

I think Art's fb page is just locked, not closed.  I'm getting this...

I can't begin to say how cool the Art Bell Lego studio is. Whoever did it is a genius.  8)

nika01

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 15, 2015, 11:28:13 AM
I think Art's fb page is just locked, not closed.  I'm getting this...

I get that too, sometimes.

MAX

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 14, 2015, 08:55:21 PM

I have promised I will not talk about certain things, and I will keep the promise.  Wouldn't you?   ;)

Dave wouldn't that's why we love you.... 

MAX

Quote from: pate on July 14, 2015, 09:07:42 PM
Backseat of a Greyhound bus rolling down Highway 41?

I thought that's where it was bornd

Are you Dicky Betts in real life?