• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

laserjock

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 09, 2015, 10:19:00 AM
   I'd walk a mile in your shoes, just to be a mile away from you. You insufferable Joan of Arc.

Those "gangs" you fought ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D must still have your purse marks all over them. Bullshit like that makes me doubt there's even a "gay son" at all. Who, of course, is a "model".

YEAH! THAT'S THE TICKET! You bullshitter, you.

I don't like being accused of lying.  I stand before God. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: coaster on June 09, 2015, 01:20:33 PM
haters.

deviant.  how dare you pour liquid down your left nostril instead of your right nostril.  it's unnatural.

chefist

Quote from: laserjock on June 09, 2015, 01:20:50 PM

Was waiting for this! Oh Boy!

Take it to the Octagon!

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7918.msg401405.html#msg401405

chefist

Quote from: Marc.Knight on June 09, 2015, 01:24:02 PM
deviant.  how dare you pour liquid down your left nostril instead of your right nostril.  it's unnatural.

actually it's quite refreshing!

AZ/CO

Quote from: MV on June 09, 2015, 01:17:40 PM
i think we can all agree on this, marc.

Perhaps we can all agree that it's time for a new avatar for MV...I don't ask for much around here.   :P

laserjock

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 09, 2015, 11:12:15 AM
Dude.  I respect you and your son as fellow human beings, just as I do, or try to, anybody else.  I don't agree with everything you say.  In general, sure.  But stop whining about how your son is gay.  I don't care.  If he were straight, I wouldn't care. 

I'm glad that you are willing to stand up for others, I'm guessing the sitch you described happened before you found out your kid was gay? Not that the when is really all that important. (though I am wondering if you are a teacher) Fighting one on one can be tough.  Fighting a swarm of assholes?  I get you, there.

Look, pal.  Love your kid.  I love mine.  Toughen him up.  It's a cold world out there.  Or can be, far too often.  I'm trying to toughen mine up, slowly, gently.  My son is 17, today.   I have some of the same concerns that you do. Straight or gay, our boys are going through a difficult age in a difficult time.

Woa, one of the few well put statements here.  I will endeavor to take this advice and for my son too.

Anyway.  Fellow liberals and gays on this site?  Do you guys have a secret club?  Do you guys meet in another forum?  Do you PM each other and talk about 'those members'. Can I join?  How do you know ppl are afraid to post here?  And, I gotta ask, if a person is afraid to be anywhere, why would they go there?
This is a rough and tumble kinda place.  I admit.  And I enjoy.  Reminds me of the E-Club at Camp Pendleton.

As far as the swimming....don't you think that the others should learn to swim?

You used to be a conservative?  What changed that?

You wish 'GOD would give you the power...'  Amen.  You and me both, brother.

"Wait until YOUR kid..."  What?  Has ADHD?  Check.  Has to put up with assholes calling him Nazi because his mother is German and has an accent?  Check.  Has to put up with being called Wetback, because his father is Hispanic?  Check.  Called a fascist because his father is a Marine?  Check.  Called a Narc because his father was a cop? Check.  What else would you like to wish upon my son?

Toughen up.  Don't be a pussy.  That's my advice to everybody.  My kids, my wife, my friends, my dad, you, MV, my girl Pony Boy, Falkie, Grove505, Chefist....everyone.  We cannot be weak in the face of adversity.  It's okay to be afraid.  But you can't let fear control your actions or your convictions.

Wow, so well said, i will take this advice.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: AZ/CO on June 09, 2015, 01:26:40 PM

Perhaps we can all agree that it's time for a new avatar for MV...I don't ask for much around here.   :P

You don't like looking at a cheesy-yellow arm pit?

Denied and reported.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 09, 2015, 01:30:29 PM
Denied and reported.

CA always has an X-Files worthy avatar.  No cheesy armpits here.

nika01

what this thread has turned into......

I don't like being accused of lying, and I stand before a Creator that I respect as much as you respect your God.

Some of us just aren't up for placing a soapbox in the middle of rush hour traffic to get our points across.

Art Bell however, is your man. He made 3 hours of great radio talking to a guy who had an alien in his freezer. Private message him your discrepancies within this board, and let the rest of the people get back to normal activities. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: nika01 on June 09, 2015, 01:33:07 PM

Relax, it will get better.

ha at first it was funny but recently I changed profile to not show avatars because I had seen it so much I was afraid I would start dreaming about it

nika01

I dont think it is a coinkydink that Art posted a disclaimer recently.

Quote from: nika01 on June 09, 2015, 01:38:59 PM
I dont think it is a coinkydink that Art posted a disclaimer recently.

Here and on his Facebook page.

Sad to see it takes a squeaky wheel new poster to cause Art to feel the need to state his disclaimer for 21,000 people on Facebook. There's a lot of good people that have done good things here that will never get the opportunity to be singled out by Art Bell.

laserjock

I am willing to rest my case with this:

I agree that as a nation we have to toughen up some.  I agree that words are just words.  But I also know that bullying is causing kids to die unnecessarily, and it's more than mere words, this is not a simple issue that can be discussed as black or white, it's full of gray, it's very complicated.  I'm just asking for folks to have enough class to not denigrate, intentionally or otherwise.

I had a steady girlfriend who was black and walking into her neighborhood years ago I got assaulted by a gang of about 12 or 14 young adults who knew here, just because they didn't like a cracker dating "their girl".  For one thing, she's NOT their girl, and for another, even if I have ancestors that were crackers, I'm not one, I'd have helped fight slavery.

Seems a lot of misunderstandings come from people making polarization where it actually doesn't exist.  We're all brothters and sisters, and we gotta live the love.

I just stand up for those that cannot stand up for themselves.  Fault me for that if you like.  The fact that I've got so many LGBT pals speaks to my trying to do right by people.  I don't care about being the most hip or most popular, and if it means getting knocked around, so be it, I gotta listen to my heart.  I still think all of you are vaugely lovable anyways.

AZ/CO

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 09, 2015, 01:30:29 PM
Denied and reported.

Wait, Whaaattt?!  I was reported last month!  MOM!!  *crying into my baby monitor*

b_dubb

Hey have you guys heard Art Bell quit Coast to Coast?!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on June 09, 2015, 12:10:00 PM
Many of you who have listened to me for Decades know that I have always felt that if two people of the same Sex want to be together or get Married, it is no problem for me in any way.

You may also remember I said Marijuana should be legal. It's funny to live long enough to see things that I thought should be legal and I got in such trouble for saying now coming true. I am no Prophet but just lucky or unlucky enough to live long enough to see it start to come true.

BTW, Global CO2 rise is also real and will continue to manifest in very unpleasant ways, now over 400PPM

Art

Ah yes, back in the days of callers taking water bong hits on air. I loved that, it was ground breaking radio back in the day.

Co2 rises are certainly a concern, you can only pump so much of an insulating gas into the atmosphere before something bad happens. However, I think Lockheed Martin just saved humanity's collective ass and we have a real chance of becoming a zero emission society within 30 years.

http://www.physics-astronomy.com/2015/02/lockheed-martins-new-compact-fusion.html#.VXdAiGBFBjE

Won't find stuff like that reported in the mainstream media. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Autistic Star Children on June 09, 2015, 01:43:04 PM
Here and on his Facebook page.

Sad to see it takes a squeaky wheel new poster to cause Art to feel the need to state his disclaimer for 21,000 people on Facebook. There's a lot of good people that have done good things here that will never get the opportunity to be singled out by Art Bell.

Where here?

chefist

Quote from: laserjock on June 09, 2015, 01:43:31 PM
I am willing to rest my case with this:

I agree that as a nation we have to toughen up some.  I agree that words are just words.  But I also know that bullying is causing kids to die unnecessarily, and it's more than mere words, this is not a simple issue that can be discussed as black or white, it's full of gray, it's very complicated.  I'm just asking for folks to have enough class to not denigrate, intentionally or otherwise.

I had a steady girlfriend who was black and walking into her neighborhood years ago I got assaulted by a gang of about 12 or 14 young adults who knew here, just because they didn't like a cracker dating "their girl".  For one thing, she's NOT their girl, and for another, even if I have ancestors that were crackers, I'm not one, I'd have helped fight slavery.

Seems a lot of misunderstandings come from people making polarization where it actually doesn't exist.  We're all brothters and sisters, and we gotta live the love.

I just stand up for those that cannot stand up for themselves.  Fault me for that if you like.  The fact that I've got so many LGBT pals speaks to my trying to do right by people.  I don't care about being the most hip or most popular, and if it means getting knocked around, so be it, I gotta listen to my heart.  I still think all of you are vaugely lovable anyways.

"Cracker"!...I'm offended!

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 09, 2015, 01:49:12 PM
Ah yes, back in the days of callers taking water bong hits on air. I loved that, it was ground breaking radio back in the day.

Co2 rises are certainly a concern, you can only pump so much of an insulating gas into the atmosphere before something bad happens. However, I think Lockheed Martin just saved humanity's collective ass and we have a real chance of becoming a zero emission society within 30 years.

http://www.physics-astronomy.com/2015/02/lockheed-martins-new-compact-fusion.html#.VXdAiGBFBjE

Won't find stuff like that reported in the mainstream media.

I agree, I think Fusion is the future...then we use that electricity to produce oxygen and hydrogen from water to power automobiles that use fuel cells...

Eddie Coyle

You rate yourself ahead of God.

laserjock

Quote from: chefist on June 09, 2015, 01:54:42 PM
I agree, I think Fusion is the future...then we use that electricity to produce oxygen and hydrogen from water to power automobiles that use fuel cells...
Yoy think nuke fusion is the future?  I worked at the labs and it's not in the near future.

chefist

Quote from: laserjock on June 09, 2015, 02:16:31 PM
  Yoy think nuke fusion is the future?  I worked at the labs and it's not in the near future.

No, not near but something we must invest and work towards while we still have fossil fuels...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: laserjock on June 09, 2015, 02:16:31 PM

10 years tops. LM blew past standard tokamak research using a different plasma geometry. It's now a very doable tech with none of the problems of tokamaks like ITER. 

aldousburbank

Eddie sometimes says things people don't like. I'm glad this forum is here for that.

ItsOver

Quote from: nika01 on June 09, 2015, 01:33:07 PM
Burlington Northern Santa Fe takes offense.  Reported to the NTSB.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 09, 2015, 02:27:32 PM
Eddie sometimes says things people don't like. I'm glad this forum is here for that.

That's going on my gravestone.

If my family ever gets around to buying one.