• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

The noun is a must have, huh?  I've found a wonderful adjective, although it seems to have gone out of vogue in recent centuries.  I am sure that Cotton Mather used it to berate his foes...............

Asuka Langley

There was a deeper meaning behind the original cuckshed meme. The cuckshed was also a metaphor for Coast To Coast since George Noory was still reliably hosting the show Art created (and quit). It ate Art up and he couldn't do anything about it but go to his cuckshed and do a podcast to a small audience of cat ladies. Art couldn't even handle that and quit again (twice) and George Noory cucked him again. 

The cuckshed was a place of reflection for Art where all sat around thinking about how he gave his show away to The Night Hawk and was forgotten about by everyone except /bellgab/.

Juan

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 05:29:11 PM
The noun is a must have, huh?  I've found a wonderful adjective, although it seems to have gone out of vogue in recent centuries.  I am sure that Cotton Mather used it to berate his foes...............
Today, people would think reverse cowgirl.

albrecht

Do they still make kids read historical sermons and tracts from the Mathers or the awesome Edward's "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God?"  Probably illegal, even if the teacher couched in historical reasons, but they should.

Quote from: Juan on December 21, 2018, 05:36:08 PM
Today, people would think reverse cowgirl.

While I'll admit to being a big fan,  Cotton would most assuredly have us in the stocks, after a whipping post session for discussing such things.

Quote from: albrecht on December 21, 2018, 05:38:24 PM
Do they still make kids read historical sermons and tracts from the Mathers or the awesome Edward's "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God?"  Probably illegal, even if the teacher couched in historical reasons, but they should.

Dude, they barely mentioned Ghengis Kahn in my kid's World History class.  Not enough time you see, as they had to concentrate on Jim Dole,the Hawaiian Pineapple Company and the horrors perpetuated on Queen Liliuokalani.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 05:56:38 PM
Dude, they barely mentioned Ghengis Kahn in my kid's World History class.  Not enough time you see, as they had to concentrate on Jim Dole,the Hawaiian Pineapple Company and the horrors perpetuated on Queen Liliuokalani.
Yeah, over the holidays I inquire of various relatives. I've learned over the past few years some "interesting things" such as:
"we spend more time on 'no place for hate' (some gender-bending/political-correctness/sexual deviance program apparently) than we do in math'
'no, we just have to read whatever we want to read then sometimes write a report but they don't even read it and as long as you turn in you'll get at least a B' (having asked if there was any Western Canon used)

'sometimes we get to read some excerpts'
'that handwriting is awful and I can't read it, they don't teach that' (cursive, like used on our Founding Documents, personal coorespondence, old contracts, sermons, and legal papers, etc)
'we can used our iPhone on test (they showed an admittedly neat app called "photo math" where you take a picture of a problem and it, supposedly, not only solves it but gives you steps.)
And, this week, 'yeah we did Nutcracker but it is so racist, you know' (the Chinamen, etc)

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 06:20:02 PM
Photo Math?  Good Grief!
It is at the AppStore and Itunes or whatever Apple uses. Pretty neat, though troubling for the future of actual learning anything. I also googled and, 'surprise,' "No Place For Hate" is a registered trademark by and program paid for by the ADL for use in schools. So much for "no religion in schools," ha.

K_Dubb

That is a new one to me, Walks, much obliged!

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 21, 2018, 06:32:47 PM
That is a new one to me, Walks, much obliged!

Most welcome Bud. 

It is not easy to tie Heather Wade drama in with Cotton Mather but in the end it was done.
For tonight, at least, advantage Bellgab as the other joint seems mired in lesser matters...................

Juan

Don’t forget Cotton’s father Increase. He actually participated in the witch trials.

Lilith

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 06:42:02 PM
Most welcome Bud. 

It is not easy to tie Heather Wade drama in with Cotton Mather but in the end it was done.
For tonight, at least, advantage Bellgab as the other joint seems mired in lesser matters...................

I am really looking forward to open lines tonight!

Quote from: albrecht on December 21, 2018, 06:24:28 PM
It is at the AppStore and Itunes or whatever Apple uses. Pretty neat, though troubling for the future of actual learning anything. I also googled and, 'surprise,' "No Place For Hate" is a registered trademark by and program paid for by the ADL for use in schools. So much for "no religion in schools," ha.

I guess they no longer watch Johnny Tremain in 7th grade history class anymore either.  The "hate" there is palpable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzApsp1ZSQ

K_Dubb

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on December 21, 2018, 05:32:00 PM
There was a deeper meaning behind the original cuckshed meme. The cuckshed was also a metaphor for Coast To Coast since George Noory was still reliably hosting the show Art created (and quit). It ate Art up and he couldn't do anything about it but go to his cuckshed and do a podcast to a small audience of cat ladies. Art couldn't even handle that and quit again (twice) and George Noory cucked him again. 

The cuckshed was a place of reflection for Art where all sat around thinking about how he gave his show away to The Night Hawk and was forgotten about by everyone except /bellgab/.

The show being his wife, in a figurative sense.  Makes perfect sense.  Poetry is not dead!

Quote from: Juan on December 21, 2018, 06:46:31 PM
Don’t forget Cotton’s father Increase. He actually participated in the witch trials.

Of course!  Can't forget the Old Man................

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 21, 2018, 06:51:52 PM
The show being his wife, in a figurative sense.  Makes perfect sense.  Poetry is not dead!

Indeed not.  Perhaps no where else on the internet today was the phrase "The cuckshed was also a metaphor" utilized!

Quote from: brig on December 21, 2018, 06:46:41 PM

If it happens.  She has to be funked out from that 10+ hour marathon last night.....................

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 06:56:26 PM
Indeed not.  Perhaps no where else on the internet today was the phrase "The cuckshed was also a metaphor" utilized!

Just when you think the Muse has finally turned her back, she springs forth anew.  Her lamps are tended in the darkest corners.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 06:50:32 PM
I guess they no longer watch Johnny Tremain in 7th grade history class anymore either.  The "hate" there is palpable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzApsp1ZSQ
I admit it is "questionable" in comparison to reading actual sources or proper lectures etc but I had a teacher once was a big fan of Johnny Horton and movies. So we would learn about, for an example, the Battle of New Orleans with a record playing Johnny singing about it. Or watching "El Cid" to learn about the evil Muslim invaders being kicked out of the Iberian Peninsula.  "Gone With The Wind," there is "war between the States" teaching, you get the drift. Basically lazy towards end of term or on Fridays or after a big game, but good films and good motives in the movies/songs even if not always historically accurate (the means of loading up an alligator for artillery use is hard, if not impossible.)

Lilith

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 07:02:36 PM
If it happens.  She has to be funked out from that 10+ hour marathon last night.....................

ikr?  If so, I have plenty of hours from last nights that I missed because I fell asleep.  I can always catch up on the parts I missed.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 21, 2018, 07:09:08 PM
Just when you think the Muse has finally turned her back, she springs forth anew.  Her lamps are tended in the darkest corners....
...of a cuckshack.

Quote from: brig on December 21, 2018, 07:16:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs

Perhaps Heather could grace the airwaves with some B-52 action?    Seems as if Blondie fell on deaf ears.

Lilith

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 07:24:41 PM
Perhaps Heather could grace the airwaves with some B-52 action?    Seems as if Blondie fell on deaf ears.

She should play Love Shack as  her bumper music tonight. 

Lilith

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 21, 2018, 07:31:10 PM
Or at least Planet Claire

I think you should try posting some of your Blondie requests tonight, see what happens...

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on December 21, 2018, 07:14:00 PM
ikr?  If so, I have plenty of hours from last nights that I missed because I fell asleep.  I can always catch up on the parts I missed.

Is she doing anything of the slightest subject value lately or is this just the "Heather and her Farcebook Friends" show?

Quote from: brig on December 21, 2018, 06:46:41 PM
Brig perhaps you could call in tonight and extend an invitation to Redacted to come back to the troll nest, if on for White Troll Crow's sake