• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130924 - Seth Shostak - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 24, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

Spinner

Quote from: Ward on September 24, 2013, 10:17:48 PM
I've been trying just busy signals so far.
I hope you get through. At least one BellGabber should make it on tonight's show.

devoidzero

Anyone else love how Art says the word "question" with three syllables?  "Quest-chee-un".  :D  It's a unique Bell-ism that I'm rather fond of.

Mhayhurst

Quote from: Ward on September 24, 2013, 10:20:20 PM
woo-hoo i got through!!! i am on hold to ask my question!

Awesome! That's two night's in a row right? 51’s

PrairieGhost

I honestly think if they are so much farther advanced we would never be able to find them in space. I think they would have the tech to make themselves undetectable. They would find us first which I know they have personally. They will let us all know they are here when they are ready.

phrodo

Quote from: Ward on September 24, 2013, 10:20:20 PM
woo-hoo i got through!!! i am on hold to ask my question!

Ward - as a salutation PLEASE say "INFINITE Roswells" .. I've been wanting to but please do so by proxy!

AshamanWolf

Random Question, does anyone else find the notion of us all being so obsessed over Jeremy lacking a land line that we discredited his story and became a slavering, hate-filled mob known as "Art Bell's Army" funny? I was just looking at the post show stuff on his page and there is one voracious supporter who is dribbling hate. And making me laugh as they are doing the same thing we all supposedly did.

Ward

Quote from: phrodo on September 24, 2013, 10:25:41 PM
Ward - as a salutation PLEASE say "INFINITE Roswells" .. I've been wanting to but please do so by proxy!

i will honestly try

Falkie2013

Because I didn't get my radio from that sob on Ebay, I called Sirius last week and they said I could get one for the car for $ 50. How in the hell did you get one for $ 20 ? First thing I do next week is call them and order a radio and ask for the $20 price.
I've never gotten Dames and his bs. The krillshot and so much more stuff of his being just plain wrong.
As for Shostak and other well known scientists out there, all are in a permenant state of denial. Huge UFOs seen over cities, people being abducted, cattle, horses, sheep being mutilated ...
But what do we get from them ?
NO.

Ain't no aliens here.

Ain't never been no aliens.

Ain't never gonna be none either.

Too far to travel, takes too much energy and the usual excuses.
I still think Shostak was lying years ago when he said major astronomers would tell us if we made contact.
The government would clamp down on the discoverer so hard and so fast that the MIB types would barely have time enough to get their hats.
Or maybe they're watching all these types already.
Art used to say he was convinced that the UFO secrecy types were screwing with his broadcasts and phone calls & given all the NSA revelations of late, he's probably right.
Things are catching up with me as I've gotten older. I used to listen to Art all night, go to bed about 9 am and then go to work.
Got home today at 4 pm and passed out for 5 hours. I hate it that there's so much stuff about getting older that no one told me about when I was young and I keep trying to do stuff that came easily, only to have my body say " You can't do that anymore. "

* sigh *

I'm glad I can still listen when my body tells me I must sleep even though I want to do other stuff. I thank someone for the repeat broadcasts.

Heather Wade

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 24, 2013, 10:23:38 PM
I honestly think if they are so much farther advanced we would never be able to find them in space. I think they would have the tech to make themselves undetectable. They would find us first which I know they have personally. They will let us all know they are here when they are ready.

At night when I contemplate the galaxy, I've often thought that if they came here, observed us, they might think we are dangerous/crazy, and keep their distance.

The General

Quote from: devoidzero on September 24, 2013, 10:23:03 PM
Anyone else love how Art says the word "question" with three syllables?  "Quest-chee-un".  :D  It's a unique Bell-ism that I'm rather fond of.
lol, nice.  you're right.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Redacted on September 24, 2013, 10:31:11 PM
At night when I contemplate the galaxy, I've often thought that if they came here, observed us, they might think we are dangerous/crazy, and keep their distance.

Sounds about right.

Earth Pod

Quote from: phrodo on September 24, 2013, 09:55:11 PM
Maybe not as many posts since there seems to be less to criticize/make fun of...  :)

OR--Maybe the moon, planets or sun are positioned or doing something that has everyone in a listening and laid back mood  8)

Cynnie

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 24, 2013, 10:23:38 PM

I have 4 acres of land and a bazillion deer , and yet i never see the deer unless they walk through and show themselves

Earth Pod

Hi Ashaman and butterbat!  I'm a newbie too.  Nice place w/nice folks here. 

coaster

I hate to miss Art live. But I'm missing this one. Just too many people here right now, cant even hear it. I'll listen when I'm sobering. Hope you guys are enjoying. Fuckin' Coastgab. What an awesome site. Eager minds..

AshamanWolf

Quote from: Earth Pod on September 24, 2013, 10:38:53 PM
Hi Ashaman and butterbat!  I'm a newbie too.  Nice place w/nice folks here.
Hi Earth Pod, Nice to meet you

Cynnie

Quote from: coaster on September 24, 2013, 10:40:52 PM
I hate to miss Art live. But I'm missing this one. Just too many people here right now, cant even hear it. I'll listen when I'm sobering. Hope you guys are enjoying. Fuckin' Coastgab. What an awesome site. Eager minds..

Im way too sobering :)

AshamanWolf

I thought it had been theorized that Dark Matter travels faster than the speed of light?

Earth Pod

Quote from: Redacted on September 24, 2013, 10:31:11 PM

I wouldn't invite the majority of us in and would steer clear.  But if I had the capability, I'd privately contact good individuals and keep it low key until this spices did a lot more growing.   We are spirits living a human experience and will get there some day---I do believe.