• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Morgus on March 27, 2018, 02:23:01 PM

Folks are trying to guess what this could be about...

So the biggest announcement she's ever made is that she got an affiliate? How riveting. How is that interesting to her listeners?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ItsTelly on March 29, 2018, 11:16:48 AM
"I've listened to 2 shows these past 2 weeks and even called into one.  Not something I want to listen to every night but she is leagues better than Jorch."

Better than Jorch for sure.  What the hell has happened to Coast lately? It's been bloody awful and at times unlistenable.  I still subscribe for Knapp, Schrader, and Syrett - otherwise, I'd be gone.

As for Heather, I've noticed she is hit or miss depending on the guest.  Since she is a witch, why doesn't she interview some?  She would know the material and there would be a lot to talk about.  Some of Art's best interviews ever were with Evelyn Paglini.

Telly

I never liked the Evelyn Paglini shows. I guess the one with that Satan worshiper that gave her son to Satan was O.K. but not really, she seemed more like a bad actor. 'ooh, I'm drinking vinegar, I'm so evil'

I got spell checked on 'worshiper'. It seems like it should have two p's.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 29, 2018, 11:56:47 AM
I never liked the Evelyn Paglini shows. I guess the one with that Satan worshiper that gave her son to Satan was O.K. but not really, she seemed more like a bad actor. 'ooh, I'm drinking vinegar, I'm so evil'

I got spell checked on 'worshiper'. It seems like it should have two p's.

Warshipper

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 29, 2018, 10:51:17 AM
She's surpassed Art, 2nd only to Parkinson at this point

Thanks for posting those two clips.  Together they are about the limit of listening to that voice for me. 

What happened to the nice voice she had doing the Gabcast, the one Art liked enough to put her on his program, and why the change to this smarmy, nails-on-a-chalkboard, know-it all tone?

Morgus

Tonight, Dr. Michio Kaku is scheduled to be Heather's guest tonight - he rescheduled for tonight since he had to cancel out a previous planned interview a few weeks back.
And tomorrow night is the BIG announcement...

ShayP

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 29, 2018, 12:45:13 PM
Thanks for posting those two clips.  Together they are about the limit of listening to that voice for me. 

What happened to the nice voice she had doing the Gabcast, the one Art liked enough to put her on his program, and why the change to this smarmy, nails-on-a-chalkboard, know-it all tone?

Ugh.  She sounds worse than in the beginning.  She forces her voice.  I hear her doing her best Art Bell cadence.  I gave her a shot early on, but there's no way I can listen to her.  I keep thinking I'd give her another shot, but, after hearing recent clips, I'll pass. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ShayP on March 29, 2018, 02:24:24 PM
Ugh.  She sounds worse than in the beginning.  She forces her voice.  I hear her doing her best Art Bell cadence.  I gave her a shot early on, but there's no way I can listen to her.  I keep thinking I'd give her another shot, but, after hearing recent clips, I'll pass.

It's good to hear that because I was wondering if due to her history here I was having problems giving her a fair listen. I think you probably gave her your best shot, so it isn't just me. I listened to those clips and I can't believe I ever liked her voice. What sounded silky before sounds greasy now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 29, 2018, 02:33:17 PM
It's good to hear that because I was wondering if due to her history here I was having problems giving her a fair listen. I think you probably gave her your best shot, so it isn't just me. I listened to those clips and I can't believe I ever liked her voice. What sounded silky before sounds greasy now.

I stopped listening live about September. I cancelled my subscription in December. I’ve listened a few times since when she has had science guests, but you are correct.  She got better for a bit but since August or September her voice, inflection, passive aggressive attitude towards listeners and way too much cat talk drove me away. I think she was better in June of 2016 than she is now.

Quote from: Morgus on March 29, 2018, 02:14:10 PM
Tonight, Dr. Michio Kaku is scheduled to be Heather's guest tonight - he rescheduled for tonight since he had to cancel out a previous planned interview a few weeks back.
And tomorrow night is the BIG announcement...

Last time Noory had a big announcement it was a cook book. Hopefully, she is able to do better than that.

I think the show has improved.

Uncle Duke

I bailed for good the night of the John Titor II silliness.  Not even Bell would have put that character on the air.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 29, 2018, 03:16:28 PM
Not even Bell would have put that character on the air.

Bell would have made it work.

So the News has nothing to do with art, “ is for all of us”, and is not affiliate related according to what Heather has said on air.

I’m guessing an app or a discount on time traveler subscriptions.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 29, 2018, 03:22:16 PM
So the News has nothing to do with art, “ is for all of us”, and is not affiliate related according to what Heather has said on air.

Maybe she has a new cat.

chefist

Live, nude PPV shows with RoseGirl and Aldous...

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 29, 2018, 03:26:33 PM
Maybe she has a new cat.

That would be a waste of a perfectly good wishing machine, now wouldn’t it?

Uncle Duke

So the announcement last night about getting the affiliation with Canadian Indian tribe radio station wasn't "the News"?

Asuka Langley

Heather's cat had kittens after Art's cat impregnated it.

Zenman

Same here, I'm afraid. From what I understand, many or most broadcasters are advised early in their careers to change their voice in such a way that it won't wear out. I guess that's what she's done. I wonder if the silkiness is still there in her regular speaking voice or singing voice.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zenman on March 29, 2018, 06:17:35 PM
Same here, I'm afraid. From what I understand, many or most broadcasters are advised early in their careers to change their voice in such a way that it won't wear out. I guess that's what she's done. I wonder if the silkiness is still there in her regular speaking voice or singing voice.

Talking goofy is easier on the chords?

Zenman

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 29, 2018, 03:16:28 PM
I bailed for good the night of the John Titor II silliness.  Not even Bell would have put that character on the air.

That was a disaster. I give her credit for having been able to recover from it. (To the point where she's having Michio Kaku on as guest tonight. Not a bad recovery.)

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 29, 2018, 03:31:45 PM
So the announcement last night about getting the affiliation with Canadian Indian tribe radio station wasn't "the News"?
Breaking news. MITD will now be heard, summer only, in Oymyakon on CB radio, band B. Bill from Madison can call in and mention how the language of the local Yukaghirs is related to the Finns.  Wolfman can call in and try to talk to the local Siberian wolves.

Quote from: albrecht on March 29, 2018, 06:27:51 PM
Breaking news. MITD will now be heard, summer only, in Oymyakon on CB radio, band B. Bill from Madison can call in and mention how the language of the local Yukaghirs is related to the Finns.  Wolfman can call in and try to talk to the local Siberian wolves.

Nah.  That would be ridiculous.  My gut feeling is that the big news is that Douglas Dietrich will be hosting the weekend versions of MiTD from now on.   It'd be a win-win!

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 29, 2018, 12:45:13 PM

The voice.  The voice.  I can't take that voice.  :P  Art had the voice.  HW does not.

Rix Gins

Perhaps she landed an exclusive interview with those pilots who saw a UFO.  Remember the top secret UFO papers of some months back?  That was supposed to be breaking news, too.

weeberwubber

I tried her again a few weeks ago. It ain't you. :)

ninjashoes

Heather likes cats? We are perfect for each other.

Oh Heather my Feather, will you ever dress in leather?

yoursongs

I think the "big news" is that she is coming OUT, yes as a lesbian.

ninjashoes

Quote from: yoursongs on March 29, 2018, 10:21:05 PM
I think the "big news" is that she is coming OUT, yes as a lesbian.

that would not be good : (

chefist

Quote from: ninjashoes on March 29, 2018, 11:44:46 PM
that would not be good : (

Sorry, man. Come to think of it, I don't remember her even being the least bit interested in any man back in the day...even when they were all gushing over her every syllable....she never even mentioned any man in a romantic nature...hmmmm