• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Crappy fast food guilty pleasure.

Started by ShayP, November 09, 2017, 11:03:38 AM

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 07:56:06 AM
The McRib is like the best School Lunch day in Elementary School. It sucks honestly, but compared to the other shit they make you eat, it's the best offering. You end up getting excited when it's that day, and yet go home and eat things a million times better. It's essentially a PTSD/Viet Cong Bamboo Cage food. You hate it, but you also kind of miss the abuse. Rib Sandwich, that's not ribs, on more of a roll than a bun, and liquid smoke to make you shit your brains out later...

Hey!  Compared to my mom's cooking, school lunches were fantastic.  What, there are other condiments than salt and butter?  Other ways to cook than boiled?  We never got anything from the frozen food section, or even fast food.  Nope, just home cooking.  Dad's barbeque was like eating a baseball mitt

The dorm food in college was off the hook!

Swishypants

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 11, 2017, 11:16:20 AM
Hey!  Compared to my mom's cooking, school lunches were fantastic.  What, there are other condiments than salt and butter?  Other ways to cook than boiled?  We never got anything from the frozen food section, or even fast food.  Nope, just home cooking.  Dad's barbeque was like eating a baseball mitt

The dorm food in college was off the hook!

Going to McDonalds was a monthly "treat" for us as kids. Burger King? Maybe a couple of times a year. Arby's or Chick-Fil-A or Long John Silvers? Once a year! Those were "pricey!" LMAO! In second grade I got brought Mickey-D's--a happy meal--at school. (Mom was running late that morning and didn't pack a lunch or give me money for the lunch line) Greatest day of Second Grade! :) The matchbox car was a huge hit at recess.

But Steak & Ale or Bennigan's or Baby Doe's was every week for Mom & Dad!  >:(

Swishypants

Still searching for that magical Baby Doe's "Beer-Cheese Soup." No recreation does it justice!

ShayP

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 12:16:27 PM
Going to McDonalds was a monthly "treat" for us as kids. Burger King? Maybe a couple of times a year. Arby's or Chick-Fil-A or Long John Silvers? Once a year! Those were "pricey!" LMAO! In second grade I got brought Mickey-D's--a happy meal--at school. Greatest day of Second Grade! :)

LOL!  I experienced the same thing when it came to Arby's.  "Too pricey."  We'd go to Roy Rogers on a rare occasion though, which was more affordable.  ::)

McDonalds was a once a month treat as well.  :)  However we'd go more when they offered the commemorative glasses.  8)

Like these:

Swishypants

Quote from: ShayP on November 11, 2017, 12:26:28 PM
LOL!  I experienced the same thing when it came to Arby's.  "Too pricey."  We'd go to Roy Rogers on a rare occasion though, which was more affordable.  ::)

McDonalds was a once a month treat as well.  :)  However we'd go more when they offered the commemorative glasses.  8)

Like these:

Hell yeah! The free glasses were ubiquitous! Even gas stations used them as promotional items and people ate them up! Still wish I had my Empire Strikes Back glasses! Those were sweet as hell! Chocolate milk and a Crazy Straw, and Saturday Morning Cartoons!

I have no idea why but Chick-Fil-A was somehow considered like the Holy Grail of fast food. It smelled so good walking into the mall. I figure Mom thought she'd lose control of us if she relented and then we'd go ape-shit on chicken sandwiches and force her to take us to Toys-By-Roy. Mom always got sick at her stomach in Toy Stores because she was always scared we'd demand some expensive Dinky Tank, or Schlague Knight, or a big-ass Robot that shot missiles out of it's knuckles. I did want that God damn "GREEN MACHINE!" She was right to fear it!

Swishypants

I should have just dropped all my body weight and made them drag me through the Mall until embarrassment forced them to concede! Screaming some mono-tone brown-note the whole way! But Dad had a leather belt and I wasn't 100% sure wouldn't whip it out and go Number 6 dance on me. :)

Swishypants

I wish I had a GREEN MACHINE dealership! I'd still ride that bitch around! Pull through the McDonalds drive-thru and get me a McRib on it!

^ Shit was like some Alien space-ship only the coolest kid knew how to work! Word was you could get more air off your sweet plywood & tool-box jump in the middle of the street with it, then do a doughnut!

ShayP

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 01:23:47 PM
I wish I had a GREEN MACHINE dealership! I'd still ride that bitch around! Pull through the McDonalds drive-thru and get me a McRib on it!

Oh yeah!  I had one.  8)  The Big Wheel had nothing on the Green Machine.  ;)

Swishypants

Quote from: ShayP on November 11, 2017, 01:26:30 PM
Oh yeah!  I had one.  8)  The Big Wheel had nothing on the Green Machine.  ;)

Dirty BITCH! I hate you! I'm going home! :)  I had a red and yellow Big Wheel with tassels! FUCKIN' TASSELS!!! God DAMNIT!!!  Had to cut that gay shit off, but they still knew!

Swishypants

I HAVE DONE IT. I have just consumed my McRib. I feel no self-loathing. Only fear of what is to come later in the bathroom. There was a line. About half of it was Prius drivers with paper bags over their heads.  ;)

Swishypants

P.S. UberEats will deliver a sack of 3 for those of you trying to pretend you don't covet them too!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 04:13:35 PM
P.S. UberEats will deliver a sack of 3 for those of you trying to pretend you don't covet them too!

One up your ass. One in your mouth. What's the third one for?  ???

Swishypants

They put something in these new ones. They're, better! The patty is still mystery meat. The pickles and onions still the same ole, same ole. The bun is a scoche healthier. The sauce is the original recipe Bullseye (I'm convinced McDonald's payed Kraft to change the recipe in 1992 because McDonald's relies upon the McRib to pull it's ass out of the fire when sales slump). However, my mouth feels funny. I'ma' go get another one! Fuck it!  :D

Swishypants

If the Sniper wants to get Art, he'll be at the nearest McDonalds this week. All week. They are putting extra onions on them this time. That's it!

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 04:05:49 PM
I HAVE DONE IT. I have just consumed my McRib. I feel no self-loathing. Only fear of what is to come later in the bathroom. There was a line. About half of it was Prius drivers with paper bags over their heads.  ;)

Many of you sure seem to have soft stomachs.  Unless it's a paracite, everything should be normal.

Which reminds me.  Don't eat anything in India.  Ever.  Just wait until you get back across the border.  And don't eat hot dogs sold by the Guatamalan sidewalk vendors after football games in Berkeley.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 11, 2017, 06:40:17 PM
Many of you sure seem to have soft stomachs.  Unless it's a paracite, everything should be normal.

Which reminds me.  Don't eat anything in India.  Ever.  Just wait until you get back across the border.  And don't eat hot dogs sold by the Guatamalan sidewalk vendors after football games in Berkeley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFv5IGP2uA

Swishypants

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 11, 2017, 06:40:17 PM
Don't eat anything in India.  Ever.

Good Evening, my fellow Sri Lankan! So far, so good. Maybe they cut the liquid smoke they were using the last time I had one. Liquid Smoke = Rocket Ride on the porcelain God. That shit was invented by Monsanto for Viet Nam.

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 07:12:39 PM
Good Evening, my fellow Sri Lankan! So far, so good. Maybe they cut the liquid smoke they were using the last time I had one. Liquid Smoke = Rocket Ride on the porcelain God. That shit was invented by Monsanto for Viet Nam.

I knew I was in trouble when my cook came out of a stall and walked back to the kitchen without even looking at the sink.  At what should have been a ''safe'' restaurant.  I see this after I eat.

From then on whenever I ate something there would be a gurgling and thrashing in my stomach, and  I had about 20 seconds to get to a bathroom.  I eventually just stopped eating and things were sort of fine - just a little hungry.  After a week of that and another week in Thailand, my friend says ''my dentist gave me some Flagyl, do you want to try that?''.  ''Well, duh.  You just now thought of that?''  And I was able to eat again, at least.  This ends the non-gross sequence of events...

So Nepal was the place where the longer term India back-pack tourists would go for some R&R.  A little cleaner, a little more westernized, better climate, less exhausting.  A better place to get de-wormed.  One woman I met there said she had 20 different types of paracites she'd picked up in India removed.  Very romantic.

India, an acronym for I'd Never Do It Again.

But actually I would.  Next trip is southern India and Sri Lanka

Gd5150

You wanna see something really scary?