• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2017, 05:40:43 AM
And you're not helping, Redshirt.

OMIGOD, I'm wearing the red shirt!   That means that I'm the next to die in this episode!

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2017, 05:40:00 AM
https://www.pccmarkets.com/sound-consumer/2006-01/sc0601-microwave/

I simply don't find it plausible that a person could A) find BellGab, but not yet B) aware of the true history and capability of the modern microwave oven. Just how stupid do you think people are? (Don't answer that.)

Most fat that can be spat out is nutritious. Read more books. Stop taking piss.

https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa22.htm  Tee hee 😎

I didnt start microwaving until 2005, when it revolutionized my life.  No more burnt popcorn pans, no more scorched butter, no more scalded milk, no more oatmeal stuck on a pan, no more lukewarm coffee, no more carcasses thawing for days, less dishes...

I know the people I share walls and ceilings with!  So, as far as dangerous potentials involving microwave capacity, like product tampering, that's unlikely.  And if they got caught with a dangerous microwave, they would be in big, big trouble.

It was beef fat.  How's that?

I read a lot about microwaves today.  Do you own one?  The research was inconclusive.  One study said this, another one said that.  The only important study was on merely 8 people and had so many variables as to make it unintelligible.  But I am interested in what he said about how the destruction of the electrical cell component causes perverted digestion.  But food loses integrity all the time.  I'm pretty sure my roasted carrots' cell walls are already destroyed?  And grilling causes cancer too...  Based on the study of 8 people, I wonder if microwave perverted digestion is actually behind obesity and diabetes.

This is a good wake up call to eat fresh produce.  If the establishment hasn't nuked it.  And to microwave less.

BUT CANCER RATES HAVE NOT INCREASED PROPORTIONATELY SINCE MICROWAVES TOOK OFF AFTER 1971.

If the following chart posts, it is a good read:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/core/lw/2.0/html/tileshop_pmc/tileshop_pmc_inline.html?title=Click%20on%20image%20to%20zoom&p=PMC3&id=4507799_nihms-706694-f0002.jpg

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 24, 2017, 01:05:59 PM
Underneath that fur, you are all dark meat.
I really don't know where I got all that.  No one ever talked about Dad's telltale hazel eyes, olive skin and kinky hair.  Hmmm.

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 24, 2017, 01:07:16 PM
OMIGOD, I'm wearing the red shirt!   That means that I'm the next to die in this episode!
Avatars never die!  It's a sports euphamism, not military.  I think he was 17 during the Gulf War.

Jackstar

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/dangers-of-microwave-popcorn.html

QuoteA report from the FDA indicates that a chemical coating used in microwave popcorn bags breaks down when heated into a substance called perfluorooctanoic (PFOA). The Environmental Protection Agency has identified PFOA as a “likely carcinogen.” Another study has found an acid that can be extracted from the chemical causes cancer in animals and is “likely to cause cancer in humans.”

A second potential danger in microwave popcorn is diacetyl, an FDA-approved chemical found in the fake butter flavoring. There’s even a debilitating respiratory disease called “popcorn workers lung,” (the medical name of the condition is bronchiolitis obliterans) suffered by microwave popcorn factory workers caused by extended inhalation of the chemical’s fumes.

"I'll take things to Google for $1000, Alex."

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on November 24, 2017, 05:43:08 PM
Avatars never die!  It's a sports euphamism, not military.  I think he was 17 during the Gulf War.

The guy wearing the red shirt on star trek got killed.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2017, 10:57:12 PM
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/dangers-of-microwave-popcorn.html
"I'll take things to Google for $1000, Alex."
This is great news.  To reduce microwave use, I am going to allow myself avocados again.

Jojo

A moment off the lips; forever off the hips!

What did you do for your nutritional health today?
1.  Realized there are a lot of things I don't microwave.
2.  Stopped simple carbs early in the game.
3.  Ate small meals.
4.  Mitigated dessert with vinegar bran water.
5.  Ate produce.
6.  Teaspoon olive oil and multi-vitamin.
7.  Got Vit D outdoors.
8.  Had fish.

ksm32

Quote from: Jojo on November 26, 2017, 03:11:18 AM
A moment off the lips; forever off the hips!

What did you do for your nutritional health today?
1.  Realized there are a lot of things I don't microwave.
2.  Stopped simple carbs early in the game.
3.  Ate small meals.
4.  Mitigated dessert with vinegar bran water.
5.  Ate produce.
6.  Teaspoon olive oil and multi-vitamin.
7.  Got Vit D outdoors.
8.  Had fish.

So why don't you do the above every day? Seems like you 'eat right' about once a week and then pop in here to brag about it. My list is a part of my regular every day life, so.. it's that simple. And as far as guilty days go I have them too but I know that simply because of my life long regimen that an entire chocolate cake for instance will not set me back in any way. I eat those deep and delicious cakes like a lasagna right out of the tray. Not often, but I do that.

paladin1991

Quote from: ksm32 on November 26, 2017, 03:38:17 AM
So why don't you do the above every day? Seems like you 'eat right' about once a week and then pop in here to brag about it. My list is a part of my regular every day life, so.. it's that simple. And as far as guilty days go I have them too but I know that simply because of my life long regimen that an entire chocolate cake for instance will not set me back in any way. I eat those deep and delicious cakes like a lasagna right out of the tray. Not often, but I do that.
What did I do for nutritional health today?

13.  Didn't swallow!

This is her problem

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on November 26, 2017, 03:38:17 AM

This is a positive thinking thread, not a log like you!  I'm just having fun with poignant or challenging highlights in my days.  Being allergic to wheat rules out a lot of bad food habits.  I already can't eat most baked sweets, pasta, bread, and crackers.  I am pretty much stuck with oats, corn, and rice for my high-carb starches... So, I'm pretty good most days, but portion and fat control are important.

How do you do a poll?  I want to know how often short women eat a binge dessert (binge meaning over 700 calories usually like 1100, like that cake of yours).

I mean, for the ordinary little treat, like 300-500 calories, a person can:
-Create a calorie deficit before eating
-Not combine simple carbs with protein, I guess
-Do it before physical activities

But for a smothered and covered decadent thang, at a relaxed time, even with a calorie deficit first, I can't really find a way to rationalize it.  Even if I mitigate the calories with digestion-slowing vinegar water and gross bran water, the calories are still too much.  Maybe its the pcos insulin dysfunction thing.  That's why I try to keep addictive foods out of sight and out of reach, like, not in the house, if I had my way. 

But how often do other short women binge on 1100 calories and how do they work it in?  You'd have to do aerobics forever, or skip most of the your daily calories (1600).  Maybe its different for women, because we have more fat tissue.  And with 5 million of them diagnosed with insulin disrupting, obesity-causing pcos.

The best thing about this thread for me is when I sit here and scan back over my day and evening, and realize I found a new strategy.  For instance, the other week I wrote that I outlasted some cravings for junk food.  Well, I didn't deliberately try to distract myself and go to a place where there was no (good) food for an hour until my craving subsided.  It happened; but it wasn't conscious.  It was later probably at this site when I reflected back on my day, and how stupid I felt for wasting an hour of my day in an isolated, cold, unpleasant place for no apparent reason... when suddenly the light went on and I realized that actually was a very good thing to do.  Because it gave me time to steam off after stress, preventing the 1100 junk calories binge I otherwise would have had.

It takes peace to find insights like that.  And many women have no peace at all regarding this topic.  We are barraged with pretty unrealistic mass-produced, larger-than-life images of women just about every single place we go.  You can't get away from the demoralization.  From ads in the newspaper to Internet sidebars to mags at cash registers to billboards to product packaging.  But being here, thinking of positive thinking and my nutritional health, removes some of the psychological pressures.

In being positive, I have gained helpful insight into how pain, anger, frustration, boredom, fear and trauma (We are bombarded with trauma news) lead directly into 1100 calories of junk.  Also, being positive lifts social residue from this issue, as there is so much pressure on women to be thin, as well as to blame themselves for their figures.

You know, all our lives women are told they are fat.  Clothing is designed, at all sizes, to be restrictive toward women.  It is hard to explain, but no matter what size a woman is, many women cannot be properly fitted by any clothes "off the rack".  Every garment is made to make even small women feel not small enough, and not tall enough.  I'm not saying every woman feels this way, but many do.  And it doesn't help that clothing department puchasers have little say in which sizes are ordered in any given batch.  Batches arrive, mostly from China, with disproportionately more small and extra small sizes. Size large (and anything larger like XL or plus) are quickly purchased by consumers, leaving only the small and medium selections left on the rack for the whole season. Every season, this can be a very negative experience, as women don't realize the missing sizes are due to an industry-created problem.  They simply can't find realistic sizes.  Then they question how realistic their own figure is, internalising the issue and guilt, instead of looking outward to realize manufacturers primarily produce XS, small, and medium garments.

To make matters worse, all her life a woman is manipulated to believe she is overweight, no matter what she weighs (unless she is close to underweight).  For forty years.  Then, when her hormones change for menopause, and she loses collagen and elastin, suddenly she finds out for herself as her curves diminish, that the bulk she hated for 40 years was not actually fat or "cellulite" at all, but collagen, designed to make her womanly.  Peculiar.

Back to food, though, I think addiction is the issue.  Manufacturers know how to refine spices and sugars into such small powders that they coat the entire tongue with each bite, tickling taste buds in a very manipulative way designed to increase sales.  So, seasoned chips and sweet desserts are addictive.  Again, there is a lot of pressure on women to be thin, and women internalize that message.  But the real truth is that factories have taken the bran, the peel, the chromium and the healthy sickness-fighting phytochemicals out of nearly all produced foods.  While creating food addiction with spices and sugars finer than the finest powders the tongue can feel.

So, I buy unflavored corn chips.  They taste like crap and have the same amount of calories as the seasoned ones, but they are not as addictive.  And, I'm interested in using honey, molasses, Mexican sugar cane cones, and even brown sugar, which have chromium in them, which assists with balanced blood sugar and fat-burning.  SO, God created fat burning minerals in sugar, but production took them out, leaving us with addictive garbage.  Yesterday, I threw away my white sugar.  But where in the heck am I going to find a manufactured hot fudge sauce made with molasses and honey?  I don't think even a health store would have it.

But if I can substitute God-given sweets instead of the stripped food substitutes from factories, then maybe I won't feel the addictive need for 1100 calories of dessert a couple times a month.  Pcos or no pcos, I need dietary solutions.  And it's easier to find them by forcing myself to think positive when I come here.

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 26, 2017, 10:47:09 PM
What did I do for nutritional health today?

13.  Didn't swallow!

This is her problem
I'm not swallowing solid beef or pork fat.  Period!

Jojo

What did I do for nutritional health?

I did lots of good things which were easy, like taking a vitamin, drinking water, and keeping portions reasonable.  But some things felt harder:

1.  Asked the chef to keep some of the skin on at least a few of his potatoes for me.
2.  Removed white rice from the house and replaced it with brown.
3.  Advised the chef and PIC I am no longer eating white rice.
4.  Stayed calm to reduce cortisol at mealtime while discussing nutrition with idiots.
5.  Decided to keep doing the right thing.
6.  Did not snack.
7.  Got vitamin D outside even though my pet was not interested.
8.  Ate salad.
9.  Had oatmeal.
10.  Decided to buy long cook oatmeal.
11.  Decided on another bran source.
12.  Stopped when I remembered the yogurt was whole fat brand.
13.  Got OUT of the kitchen that other people control with sweets and greasy fries.
14.  Picked dark leafy greens from the garden and cooked them lightly on top of brown rice.  Kept it bland to reduce overeating.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2017, 05:40:00 AM
https://www.pccmarkets.com/sound-consumer/2006-01/sc0601-microwave/

I simply don't find it plausible that a person could A) find BellGab, but not yet B) aware of the true history and capability of the modern microwave oven. Just how stupid do you think people are? (Don't answer that.)

Most fat that can be spat out is nutritious. Read more books. Stop taking piss.

So what do you think about eating solid fat (gristle) from beef and pork?

Today I concluded my feelings about food from the microwave.  I agree on the popcorn packaging.  But, none of the other anti-microwave arguments hold water?  Of course I will lean more toward produce and am looking forward to having avocados again.

After reading the studies against microwave cooking, I saw through the arguments.  But I would like to hear your views, although let's presume for the sake of argument that ceramic containers are used, the user stands back, that food packaging is not a concern, and the microwave does not leak. (Microwave popcorn can be removed from the toxic packaging and microwaved in a simple brown bag folded over.)

1.  "Microwave food loses nutrients."  Well, so does canned food.  So does boiled food.  That's why you save the boiled water to incorporate into the meal (or just drink!).

2.  "Microwave food creates radiolytic compounds".  That sounds so scary, but upon closer examination, they are trans fats, which are also generated by grilling and frying.  And affect mostly meat.

3.  "Microwaves destroy the cellular walls of your food, making your digestion go into a crisis mode which affects your blood sugar".  SO DOES JUICING!  AND CHEWING!

So, I just don't see any harm in food cooked in a microwave.  However, the articles I read were a good reminder to stand back a few more feet (like George...), microwave less (just like eat canned food less), and remember to use ceramic or glass containers.

I de-bunked microwaved food fears!

I also read that cooking microwaves and WiFi microwaves can cause cataracts.  That sounds bad!

paladin1991

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on November 27, 2017, 12:02:44 AM
What did I do for nutritional health?

I did lots of good things which were easy, like taking a vitamin, drinking water, and keeping portions reasonable.  But some things felt harder:

1.  Asked the chef to keep some of the skin on at least a few of his potatoes for me.
2.  Removed white rice from the house and replaced it with brown.
3.  Advised the chef and PIC I am no longer eating white rice.
4.  Stayed calm to reduce cortisol at mealtime while discussing nutrition with idiots.
5.  Decided to keep doing the right thing.
6.  Did not snack.
7.  Got vitamin D outside even though my pet was not interested.
8.  Ate salad.
9.  Had oatmeal.
10.  Decided to buy long cook oatmeal.
11.  Decided on another bran source.
12.  Stopped when I remembered the yogurt was whole fat brand.
13.  Got OUT of the kitchen that other people control with sweets and greasy fries.
14.  Picked dark leafy greens from the garden and cooked them lightly on top of brown rice.  Kept it bland to reduce overeating.

Are you in a group home?  Are you mentally disabled?

TigerLily

This is how I plan to start my day

This is how I really start my day

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on November 26, 2017, 11:40:35 PM
if I can substitute God-given sweets instead of the stripped food substitutes from factories, then maybe I won't feel the addictive need

What happened, when you did a strict elimination diet for at least three six weeks?

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on November 27, 2017, 12:46:48 AM
I just don't see any harm in food cooked in a microwave.

What happens if you put a raw steak in it?

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 27, 2017, 09:37:10 AM
Are you in a group home?  Are you better than me?
No and no.  I rent a room in a shared rental house. I need more work hours.

Is it legal to communicate with the mentally disabled for immoral purposes?

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 27, 2017, 10:52:21 AM
What happens if you put a raw steak in it?
It cooks.  Best to tenderize, baste and use low power to avoid over cooking and keep tender.  Frozen ones which have not defrosted do stay pink in the center.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on November 27, 2017, 02:57:37 PM
No and no.  I rent a room in a shared rental house. I need more work hours.

Is it legal to communicate with the mentally disabled for immoral purposes?

I'm starting to get the feeling that you are a female falkie.  Working yourself up to a grift of the Ballscratch.com gang.

Jojo

Quote from: TigerLily on November 27, 2017, 09:38:30 AM
This is how I plan to start my day

This is how I really start my day

First things first!

ksm32

Quote from: Jojo on November 26, 2017, 11:40:35 PM
This is a positive thinking thread, not a log like you!

So I'm a, "log?" Lol  The fuck?  You're so preoccupied with your eliminations.

You're in a shared rental home with community bathing facilities, kitchen ETC. What exactly do you do for work? Why not get something in the 35 40 hour per week and get out our own. Or is the unbathed cute guy down the hall so irresistible that you prefer to stay there.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 27, 2017, 10:51:10 AM
What happened, when you did a strict elimination diet for at least three six weeks?
It works.  As long as I don't deviate, things are great.  I don't feel deprived.  I am happy gluten-free and a couple other things.  I don't usually pay the premium for gluten-free this or that; I went the ethnic route because it is just a lot easier and more wholesome.

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on November 27, 2017, 03:11:19 PM
So I'm a, "log?" Lol  The fuck?  You're so preoccupied with your eliminations.

You're in a shared rental home with community bathing facilities, kitchen ETC. What exactly do you do for work? Why not get something in the 35 40 hour per week and get out our own. Or is the unbathed cute guy down the hall so irresistible that you prefer to stay there.
There are a couple of meanings for wooden things!

I didn't like coming back to the city as a "dislocated worker" at nearly 50.  I'd been on my own a very long time.  But, things changed and now I love the healthcare work I am transitioning to. Yes, more hours would be ideal.

The male renter lives out back.  I'm trying to pair him up with a blonde friend.  I like spending time with my 16-year old, longtime cat friend.  She has to be sequestered because some idiot declawed her before she was rescued in 2002.  So I guard her and the fort.  To old age, I lost my 19-year old cat, my 15-year old cat and my 12-year old black lab mix a few years ago, all around the same time.  This remaining kitty has been a huge bastion between my old life and my new one.  We spend a lot of time together.  She like George's voice, the Animal Whisperer shows, and the song, "Gimme Shelter".

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 27, 2017, 03:01:53 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that you are a female falkie.  Working yourself up to a grift of the Ballscratch.com gang.
Tomorrow.

Jojo

What did I do for nutritional health?  Many easy things, and some harder ones:

1.  Blotted off grease.
2.  Avoided carbs.
3.  Stayed busy.
4.  Got another bran source.
5.  Got buttermilk.
6.  Found fortified almond creamer.
7.  Calesthenics and isometrics.