• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150915 - Loyd Auerbach - Parapsychology - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 15, 2015, 09:47:38 PM

JamesMcDonald

Too much doom and gloom around here.

We need some comic relief.

QuoteRe: 20150915 - Loyd Auerbach - Parapsychology - Live Show Chat Thread
« Reply #176 on: Today at 11:51:34 PM »

I'm really enjoying the show tonight (to all you people who whine about my negativity  :P).
8)

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 15, 2015, 10:51:34 PM
I'm really enjoying the show tonight (to all you people who whine about my negativity  :P).
😁 reported

Spinner

Quote from: WanagoBleu on September 15, 2015, 10:49:45 PM
I'm there with you, still trying to get full time work. Part time with a big 'company' for the past two years. There were three of us at 25 hours each. Now it's just me doing three people's jobs, still in 25 hours. I'm looking for full time still.
A lot of this going around.
Maybe you, trostol and I should move in together. That way we will all be able to work part-time and still eat. :)

maren

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 15, 2015, 10:52:35 PM
I am too.

Me, too -- much to my surprise.  I was initially rolling my eyes "oooh...a paranormal guy", but this guy is pretty down to earth and non-woo woo.  Regardless of his alma mater.  ;D

ArJuna

Quote from: WanagoBleu on September 15, 2015, 10:44:24 PM
I had an OBE that changed my view of life forever. Same thing with a few remarkable meditation experiences. Life/brain/thinking changed forever. So much what you said,"the idea that there was more beyond here...'

Did your OBE clearly feel more real than "reality"? I had one 28 years ago. It was spectacular and most definitely was not a dream or drug induced. I actually left my body on my bed and flew through the brick wall of my apartment and flew halfway to the moon and all over my neighborhood.  I later confirmed things I saw as "real".  Most odd is that when it happened I knew what was happening and very matter-of-factly knew I could pass through the brick wall and fly. I'm sad to say it never happened again, but I will never forget that there is something beyond the body. It was around the time I  began meditating, which brought some other cool experiences too.

Donald Noory

I'm gonna call in and ask Loyd to pick lotto numbers for me.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 15, 2015, 10:51:34 PM

You're being too positive! The world ain't all rainbows and koalas.

j/k, yeah, it's good listening tonight.

This is a really great show. Loyd Auerbach is a great guest. These subjects are right up my alley. Psychology has always been one of my most passionate subjects which makes parapsychology intensely interesting to me.

WanagoBleu

Sounds like doing a sutra drop into your mediation at the end.like throwing a pebble into a pond at just letting the ripples of your intentions flow...

PrairieGhost

What do you guys and gals think of the ITC video looping? Where you are suppose to see faces of the dead on your tv?

maren

Quote from: WanagoBleu on September 15, 2015, 10:44:24 PM
I had an OBE that changed my view of life forever. Same thing with a few remarkable meditation experiences. Life/brain/thinking changed forever. So much what you said,"the idea that there was more beyond here...'

That's got to help you slog through life, doesn't it?  We all take everything SO SERIOUSLY.  maybe you people have a better perspective and don't think it's sent end of the world when (insert daily drama here). 

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 15, 2015, 10:52:24 PM
So what I got was several universities around the world offer the study of parapsychology within the confines of obtaining a degree within accredited areas.  I'm familiar with this.  Back in the 70s as a freshman taking Psych 101 I particiapted in a psych experiment that involved ESP.  Don't see an actually degree is awarded in parapsychology, however.

Caidan was also a well respected non-fiction military (particularly aviation) history.  I first met him at an airshow in northern Ohio where he had flown his JU-52 tri-motor transport to take part in the airshow.
University of Edinburgh. Holland's Utrecht University still might.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 15, 2015, 10:58:25 PM
Art Bell is the man who gave me an appreciation for ELO.

i had a boss do that..that and Alan Parsons was all he seemed to play

Juan Cena

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 15, 2015, 10:59:20 PM
University of Edinburgh. Holland's Utrecht University still might.

OK, again fair enough.  I'd just like to hear someome ask ol' Loyd where and when HE got HIS Masters in Parapsychology.  Pretty simple question, and a fair question, since his bio mentions he has that degree.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 15, 2015, 10:52:24 PM
So what I got was several universities around the world offer the study of parapsychology within the confines of obtaining a degree within accredited areas.  I'm familiar with this.  Back in the 70s as a freshman taking Psych 101 I particiapted in a psych experiment that involved ESP.  Don't see an actually degree is awarded in parapsychology, however.

Caidan was also a well respected non-fiction military (particularly aviation) history.  I first met him at an airshow in northern Ohio where he had flown his JU-52 tri-motor transport to take part in the airshow.
Hope you weren't at McGill
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_driving

Juan Cena

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 15, 2015, 10:58:25 PM
Art Bell is the man who gave me an appreciation for ELO.

Art was pimping Yacht Rock before doing so was cool.