• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Gassy Man

Quote from: Avi on February 16, 2012, 08:57:20 PM
Well, higher education has become an industry of sorts, in part, due to qualification inflation (the university where I teach has a huuuge marketing department). Now, some sales clerk positions are requiring college degrees. Almost any type of lower-level management requires a Master's degree. Ridiculous! I don't know if this has come about because this is the level at which employers feel the basic literacy and numeracy standards will be met - but this is assuming that employers have a clue (probably an overgenerous assessment).

I teach music and acoustics, so I'm lucky to have a student population committed to the subject, but you're very right about the weird customer-service vibe that pervades institution. When I have taught the music appreciation course (that's 3 hours of coveted fine arts credit, for the general student population), I have been told I have an obligation to get the student through the class with a passing grade "since I'm paying for the course." The university has sent out memos detailing and scripting how we are to relate to our 'clients (the public, students and co-workers).' Clients? Really? I will be very happy when this teaching grant comes to an end.

Heh-heh! I was taken to task for the flippancy of my syllabus - it was not customer-service appropriate. I was also told not to wake up sleeping students in the back of large lecture halls by blasting them with Ride of the Valkyries and then, laughing maniacally.

Oh yeah, the rectilinear (flat and lengthy) George Noory still sucks.
Corporate America basically began inflating job requirements in the 70s, but things didn't get absurd till the 1980s and 1990s, as children of the WWII Generation and Baby Boomers flocked to college thinking it would be the key to economic prosperity.  What they didn't realize was that by the late 1990s and 2000s, Generation Y, for whom college was assumed to be another entitlement, showed up in record numbers, one of the reasons why student rolls have soared in the past few years, and now many jobs that historically did not require a college degree, such as those in sales, do.  And all the folks hoping to make a buck saw the great opportunity to cash in, especially with loans; like bears waiting for spawning salmon to swim by, they hungrily awaited the millions of young people who would be showing up on college campuses.

Like your methodology for waking people up, by the way, Avi.  A shout out to Wild Card Guy, Lovely Bones, Stevesh, JohnnieB, VtaGeezer, and Jasmine, too, for stimulating conversation on the matter -- it's good to hear some intelligence on the subject.                               

Gassy Man

Quote from: Sardondi on February 18, 2012, 12:21:11 AM
Unbelievable - another one.

I was listening to the portion of last night's show with David Bennett on NDE's, which was the segment valdez pointed out that George had derailed with his inane question. Bennett was explaining how after his NDE his first marriage had broken up because of the new-found love for everyone, not just a few people near to him. It's as if the experiencers have grown out of the way humans view and feel love, and begin to feel "cosmic love" just a little. (I've read that this is quite common after an NDE; and experiencers often find their personal relationships adversely affected because they are less important in light of the necessity that we love everyone .) Now George has only heard this about about 20 times a year for the last 7 years or more. But you'd never know it, as this exchange shows -

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
David Bennett - When you're exposed to that intense type love, it changes the way you see things. It changes the way you express your love. And you start to have more of a universal love. And you can imagine how that challenges a relationship when you love everyone the same, when your wife was used to having a love that was just reserved for her. It puts a heck of a strain on a relationship.

George - Not that you went out to date everybody!

Bennett - No! No! No! But it just, she couldn't understand this new expression that I was having.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

What the...? Huh? "Date everybody"?! Where the hell did that come from? Right, George - Bennett was obviously talking about being a horndog, and chasing women 24-7. Idiot! If only your eternal reward could be for you to be trapped forever in a room with just yourself.
He just jumped in with an "I grew up in Detroit" out of the blue because the goofy dream lady that's being interviewed mentioned a few times some tangential issue concerning Detroit; it came across like George had just been snapped out of a daydream.                                             

Aby Normal

We are in for a treat at the end of Open Lines, for George announced that he will then debut his voice...yet another aspect of his many expertise and talents.  However, if he does as he has previously proposed to us before ... to announce his candidacy for the presidency this year, he is thinking that he is going to get  one up on at least one of the opponents in the vocal competition.

Quote from: Sardondi on February 17, 2012, 11:10:02 PM
... Certain persons have no feelings of empathy for others at all, and don't understand (and usually don't care) how their actions might affect or harm others. They don't have appropriate feelings for certain events and interactions, but they learn to recognize the circumstances and the emotions, and over time also learn how to act like they have the same emotions as everyone else. This is the pathological narcissist, suffering the "narcissistic personality disorder", which with variations is seen in genocidal egomaniacs, serial sex killers or passive-aggressive egocentric radio program hosts...

This is what George does regarding animals.  He has learned that most other people love animals and even have pets.  He heard Art Bell talk about his cats, and heard listeners call in to ask about them.  So George invents Casey the Dog.  He's talks about the 'time he gave some old lady whose dog died a puppy'.

But not really understanding the connection with animals, and certainly not liking or having empathy for them himself, George doesn't get how revealing his fascination with horrific news items involving animals is to the rest of us.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 17, 2012, 06:31:39 PM
There's a new Ancient Aliens episode on tonight.  I'm sure George will be on, contributing nothing.
The new episodes tonight on the history channel were about the Mayans.
But Noory didn't appear. Some past c2c guests were some of the talking heads however.
Including the main guy with the strange exploding hair - he still needs a serious haircut...

entheos

Quote from: Morgus on February 18, 2012, 01:21:50 AM
The new episodes tonight on the history channel were about the Mayans.
But Noory didn't appear. Some past c2c guests were some of the talking heads however.
Including the main guy with the strange exploding hair - he still needs a serious haircut...

If that man wants his ideas to be taken seriously by more people he needs a new hairstyle. I figure the taller his hair is in a given episode the taller the tale he's telling. LOL!

Morgus

Quote from: entheos on February 18, 2012, 01:51:20 AM
If that man wants his ideas to be taken seriously by more people he needs a new hairstyle. I figure the taller his hair is in a given episode the taller the tale he's telling. LOL!
So its like Pinocchio - but instead of his nose growing, Georgio's hair grows?  ;D

Morgus

Noory just mentioned he is NOT playing the old UFO Phil song at the end of the show tonight.
Instead he said they will pay his own singing of a song - that could be even worse!!!  :o

seven7

Fuck me running.  Georgie thinks he can sing now.
This is gonna be bad.

coaster

autotuned noory cant be any worse than listening to linda moulton howe.

MDL5676

While this dream expert lady has had some interesting insights to share about what certain types of dreams may mean, there was far too much talk about "Huuuuuuuuuuu-ing" and a shameless and nauseating amount of stroking George's ego with her "You're right on the money George!!" and "You've got it right George" type comments, which Simple George just gobbles up while simultaneously patting himself on the back for being such a genius... It didn't help that George once again managed to ask the guest questions that you would expect to hear from a 3rd grader... (i apologize in advance to any 3rd graders I may have just offended by comparing their level of intelligence to George ) His incompetence, lack of intelligence, sheer laziness, and absolutely zero interest in, or comprehension of, ANY of the subjects such as the paranormal, UFO's, conspiracy theories, crop circles, etc. which are the subjects that I dare say most coast 2 coast fans tune in to hear about... Or at least it is for most of us who have been around since the good ol' days when Coast to Coast was built from scratch with Art Bell's blood, sweat, and tears and was actually a good show with an intelligent host who had a genuine interest in the things that were being discussed and, believe it or not, actually listened to his guests and asked intelligent questions... The show that currently calls itself "Coast to Coast" is an impostor and a complete fraud that makes a mockery of what this show used to be...

-----NOORY SUCKS-----

Morgus

Sounded just know talking to a caller about Indians and the area around the Little Big Horn, he referred to "Custard" instead of Custer...  8)

Quote from: Aby Normal on February 18, 2012, 01:00:07 AM
We are in for a treat at the end of Open Lines, for George announced that he will then debut his voice...yet another aspect of his many expertise and talents.  However, if he does as he has previously proposed to us before ... to announce his candidacy for the presidency this year, he is thinking that he is going to get  one up on at least one of the opponents in the vocal competition.

Jennifer (hiding her head under the table, trying to stop laughing)

Randy:  'Yo yo dawg... c'mon man, how do yuh think you did...it just isn't your thing man...'

Steven:  'It's not just the fukin' radio show - you can't sing either.'

Morgus

UFO Phil called in tonight on c2c and Noory asked him about someone impersonating him.
Phil had the same high voice...

Quote from: Morgus on February 18, 2012, 02:10:56 AM
Noory just mentioned he is NOT playing the old UFO Phil song at the end of the show tonight.
Instead he said they will pay his own singing of a song - that could be even worse!!!  :o

Please let it be Red Rubber Ball...

WOTR

Quote from: seven7 on February 18, 2012, 02:12:46 AM
Fuck me running.  Georgie thinks he can sing now.
This is gonna be bad.
I heard that and the first image that sprang to mind was William Shatner singing (or attempting to sing) "Lucy in the sky."  Was it my imagination, or did he refer to the World Health Organization as the "who?"

SnapT

George's song: WOW. 

Was it just me or did it sound like he was doing an impersonation of DRACULA as he was "singing"?

coaster

I dont think it was that bad honestly. :| Better than I could of done. got to give him some credit for singing over the airwaves like that.

coaster

*have done. damn it. the option to edit posts has disappeared.

SnapT

Weirdly, I just listened to it for a SECOND time... and it actually WASN'T that bad.

I would SO love to see George audition for THE X FACTOR.  Perhaps his success as a Duke Silver-like crooner would force him to retire from hosting!

Zenof

Quote from: SnapT on February 18, 2012, 04:13:43 AM
Weirdly, I just listened to it for a SECOND time... and it actually WASN'T that bad.

I would SO love to see George audition for THE X FACTOR.  Perhaps his success as a Duke Silver-like crooner would force him to retire from hosting!
I like this, perhaps Art Bell will think hard about coming back

I don't think I'd ever imagine the host of the show impersonating Elvis. I'd rather UFO Phil. No.. I'd rather Art Bell.

stevesh

Simple George pegged the narcissism meter tonight with his rendition of Elvis' "Can't Help Falling In Love". Ignore the folks above - it was, in fact, 'that bad'. SG had the effrontery to claim that people had told him they thought his recording actually was Elvis singing. He also told one of his patented lies about how people he knows 'in the industry' are begging (his word) him to put together ten songs that they can record and release as a CD.

stevesh

Quote from: stevesh on February 18, 2012, 05:35:34 AM
Simple George pegged the narcissism meter tonight with his rendition of Elvis' "Can't Help Falling In Love". Ignore the folks above - it was, in fact, 'that bad'. SG had the effrontery to claim that people had told him they thought his recording actually was Elvis singing. He also told one of his patented lies about how people he knows 'in the industry' are begging (his word) him to put together ten songs that they can record and release as a CD.

I absolutely agree

valdez

Quote from: floodlight on February 17, 2012, 06:14:57 PM
The Ghost of Coast with George Noory
Quote from: seven7 on February 18, 2012, 02:12:46 AM
This is gonna be bad.
Quote from: SnapT on February 18, 2012, 04:00:20 AM
Was it just me or did it sound like he was doing an impersonation of DRACULA...
Quote from: coaster on February 18, 2012, 04:04:14 AM
...got to give him some credit for singing over the airwaves like that.
Quote from: SnapT on February 18, 2012, 04:13:43 AM
Quote from: stevesh on February 18, 2012, 05:35:34 AM
...it was, in fact, 'that bad'...

A routine interview with Nicole Sebastian on dreams and nightmares. At some point in the segment, Sebastian realizes that George has become the little Bill Mumy kid in that Twilight Zone episode, causing her to repeat, "that's a good question, George", over and over again. Ufo Phil calls in during open lines and embarrasses himself, to which George ditches Mr. Phil's song at the close of the show and plays a recording of himself singing, "Can't Help Falling in Love," a song made popular by Elvis Presley, written by Hugo Peritti, Luigi Creatore and...huh? What? Egads. It was so horrible. Snap, you had it right the first time. He did sound like Dracula. And, yeah, I'll give him credit for having the balls to play it. He should permanently ditch the ufo phil song and do a different tune every Friday. I mean it, George. Do it. It's your world.

Morgus

Noory sure found a new way to suck, trying to sing like Elvis tonight.
Yuck... :o

Morgus

Go back to UFO Phil's song, Noory.
Even he sings better than you... :o

Morgus

What was that talk between Noory and Tommy tonight all about?
Seemed like Tommy was trying to claim he would go to a grocery store and pick out somebody at random in the checkout line and pay their grocery bill.
Tommy trying to prove he does more good deeds than Noory or what?