• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Savage

Started by Marc.Knight, March 17, 2011, 07:05:49 AM

Robert

Quote from: El Chorro on April 23, 2018, 01:14:37 PMI can't believe Savage is actually on the radio today. He's broadcasting from D.C. where he's a guest at the White House for the Macron state dinner. He never resists an opportunity to take the day off.

Savage and Bell are the same age and a lot alike. I recently learned of Savage's remarks about Bell and the ensuing lawsuit. I'm surprised Savage didn't just apologize.

Savage seems to hate what he does most days. He longs to have a less-political format. He wants to talk about what he enjoys, just like Art, and a lot of their interests overlap. But Savage is such an angry SOB so much of the time that he could never develop a similar rapport with callers. Both exuded ego but Savage's often manifests in pretty uncomfortable radio.
I and other listeners are reminded a lot of Jean Shepherd by Mr. Savage, but Savage denies having known of, let alone being influenced by, Shep.  I'm not sure whether to believe Savage about that.  But the angry edge is nothing like Shep on air.

I listened today, and of course Savage did his practically trademarked bit, repeatedly, of telling the audience what he was sick of hearing about.  Hard to take that seriously when he's the one bringing it up.

El Chorro

I just don't get how he can do two hours and get away with a pieced-together third. I know he's always done it, and he's probably pissed at the drop-off in hour-3 from stations carrying only the first two, plus he's old and all...but 3 hours is not a lot to ask.

I guess stations don't mind. I'm surprised guys like Levin don't hit him on that instead of the "meatballs" dig. They sure hate him, and God knows it's mutual.

Quote from: El Chorro on April 23, 2018, 01:14:37 PM
I can't believe Savage is actually on the radio today. He's broadcasting from D.C. where he's a guest at the White House for the Macron state dinner. He never resists an opportunity to take the day off.

Savage and Bell are the same age and a lot alike. I recently learned of Savage's remarks about Bell and the ensuing lawsuit. I'm surprised Savage didn't just apologize.

Savage seems to hate what he does most days. He longs to have a less-political format. He wants to talk about what he enjoys, just like Art, and a lot of their interests overlap. But Savage is such an angry SOB so much of the time that he could never develop a similar rapport with callers. Both exuded ego but Savage's often manifests in pretty uncomfortable radio.

Savage doesn't seem to be the type to apologize about anything.

El Chorro

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on April 23, 2018, 08:05:50 PM
Savage doesn't seem to be the type to apologize about anything.

And can afford not to.

CoolTen10

Did Savage say anything about Art's Death? Is he allowed to even mention it?

El Chorro

Savage is such a lazy old crab. Instead of flying back from DC over the weekend he does so today, and misses yet another show.

Kevin McCarthy, hated by conservatives, met with Savage and flattered him enough to get his support. Mission accomplished.

El Chorro

God, it's annoying as hell when Savage pieces together clips from his first two hours with bits from earlier in the week and passes them off as a third hour.

How does he get away with this? How do stations and advertisers allow it?

Gd5150

Savage discussing the rules for which animals qualify as special assistance animals on airplanes. Mini horses are ok, goats are not. Hilarious segment!

Savage's reflection on Israel firing at Palestinians was refreshing amid the other commentators supporting the shooting without reading about it.  Some of his other views makes me question his humanitarianism.  Savage also said Pat Buchanan stated (paraphrased) " Israel can't keep 200 million Palestinians away in their awful living condition."  Good show today

Bonanza Pilot

Savage is having a great show today. Hammering on the two out of control thug cops who beat up the girl on the beach. You won't hear that on 'wall banger'. ;D

Bonanza Pilot

Video that was the topic of todays show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQQ9xOhuFrk

A great show today(hour 2 & 3 are on that channel too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdBpAsplA0

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on May 31, 2018, 05:24:35 PM
Video that was the topic of todays show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQQ9xOhuFrk

A great show today(hour 2 & 3 are on that channel too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdBpAsplA0

LAWSUIT!!! ;D

That cop better be fired like yesterday too! >:(

Fucking pigs.  This is why everyone - everyone - hates cops.

There are too many agencies who all think they need a bunch of cops - for example around here the park district, BART, school districts, and so on, all think they need their own cops.  There aren't enough people with the right temperament to go around an fill those positions, so they hire a bunch of mall cops.  One solution is to limit and restrict ex-military - these aren't supposed to be military positions and they shouldn't operate as if they are.

When they lose the normal, law abiding citizens, they've lost everyone.  Apparently the mayor of that shit town thinks the cops did the right thing, we'll see what a judge and jury have to say.

albrecht

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on May 31, 2018, 06:39:45 PM
Heres the whole show. It's worth a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poSxwIT7jjE
Thanks. Listening while watering the lawn and plants. Good show and Weiner is right on this. Of all the people on a public beach they target her? Punching a girl in the head? For some unopened bottle of alcoholic ice tea that might not even be hers? After she passed the Breathalyzer? She shouldn't have even taken it in my opinion.  I like his lawyer who says he would beat up the cop! I also had a laugh thinking that Savage was channeling Norry with concern about her infant witnessing the young mother being beat up ("will it be a mean baby?" Norry would say.)

7:19- Cops lie. He didn't stop her from underage drinking.

albrecht

Who was Savage alluding to when he ranted against someone who had straw-bidders on real estate property and is big on radio?

El Chorro

Quote from: albrecht on May 31, 2018, 08:54:16 PM
Who was Savage alluding to when he ranted against someone who had straw-bidders on real estate property and is big on radio?

Hannity. Look up the recent controversy about him and his many low-income housing investments.

albrecht

Quote from: El Chorro on May 31, 2018, 08:56:44 PM
Hannity. Look up the recent controversy about him and his many low-income housing investments.
Thanks, found articles on it.

Juan

Quote from: El Chorro on May 31, 2018, 08:56:44 PM
He’s celebrated here. His apartment complex paid $88,000 in school taxes alone.

Metron2267

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59576
Michael Savage, America's second most popular radio host, appears to be on the brink of being taken off the air entirely and replaced by NeverTrump neocon Ben Shapiro.

Even though Ben Shapiro has been wrong on every issue and his voice is physically painful to listen to, he consistently pushes a neocon agenda and is being rewarded handsomely for it.

From Washington Times, "Michael Savage being silenced by 'corporate censorship,' attorney says":
The voice of New York, come Jan. 7, may be no more.

That’s because WABC, one of the city’s premiere, preeminent stations, is poised to boot Michael Savage â€" to deplatform him, in broadcast-speak, said his attorney, Daniel Horowitz, in a telephone interview.

[...]According to Horowitz, who said he’s seen “the emails back and forth” between his client, Savage, and the radio powers-who-be, “The Savage Nation” is actually poised to go dark on WABC on Jan. 7.
Ben Shapiro is the establishment's best hope for putting the nationalist genie back in the bottle.

While every anti-establishment voice is being censored, demonetized and deplatformed, Ben Shapiro is being pushed by Google/YouTube's algorithms, given his own show on Fox News and handed Michael Savage's radio show.

Gd5150

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 20, 2018, 12:37:12 PM
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59576
Michael Savage, America's second most popular radio host, appears to be on the brink of being taken off the air entirely and replaced by NeverTrump neocon Ben Shapiro.

Even though Ben Shapiro has been wrong on every issue and his voice is physically painful to listen to, he consistently pushes a neocon agenda and is being rewarded handsomely for it.

From Washington Times, "Michael Savage being silenced by 'corporate censorship,' attorney says":
The voice of New York, come Jan. 7, may be no more.

That’s because WABC, one of the city’s premiere, preeminent stations, is poised to boot Michael Savage â€" to deplatform him, in broadcast-speak, said his attorney, Daniel Horowitz, in a telephone interview.

[...]According to Horowitz, who said he’s seen “the emails back and forth” between his client, Savage, and the radio powers-who-be, “The Savage Nation” is actually poised to go dark on WABC on Jan. 7.
Ben Shapiro is the establishment's best hope for putting the nationalist genie back in the bottle.

While every anti-establishment voice is being censored, demonetized and deplatformed, Ben Shapiro is being pushed by Google/YouTube's algorithms, given his own show on Fox News and handed Michael Savage's radio show.

They took out Alex Jones. They’ve done Savage on TV. They’re doing it now on radio. How long til his podcast disappears? Does anyone realise that if Art Bell had come along today he would’ve been deplatformed? This is why we have a first amendment.

Metron2267

The Murdoch boys want to get rid of Hannity and Ingraham and it is now a foregone conclusion that Rush will be silenced too. :-X

So much for our 1st amendment - sure you can speak out..on a soapbox... :-\

Metron2267

http://www.conservativestream.com/recorded-shows/savage.php
FREE! 'The Savage Nation' Podcasts With NO Commercial Breaks!!!

Metron2267

Not the first time he was bullied either:

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2016/09/26/top-rated-talk-show-host-michael-savage-pulled-off-air-discussing-hillarys-health/
26 Sep 2016
Top rated radio talk show host Michael Savage was abruptly pulled off the air on Monday afternoon after launching into a segment on Hillary Clinton’s delicate health. The talker called his abrupt removal an act of “sabotage.”

Savage, host of the nationally syndicated The Savage Nation radio program, was discussing Hillary’s health and suggested she may have Parkinson’s disease when he was alerted that his show had been pulled from the air on New York’s WABC radio.

The host discovered that The Savage Nation was pulled off the air and replaced by the “Curtis And Kuby Show,” in the Big Apple.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 20, 2018, 01:04:39 PM
They took out Alex Jones. They’ve done Savage on TV. They’re doing it now on radio. How long til his podcast disappears? Does anyone realise that if Art Bell had come along today he would’ve been deplatformed? This is why we have a first amendment.

Nah! They would’ve let Art skate. He believed the official 9/11 story and only watched CNN. ;)

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2018, 04:54:42 PM

Nah! They would’ve let Art skate. He believed the official 9/11 story and only watched CNN. ;)

That's a sound recollection. :-X

Ruteger

Savage is a miserable, whiny old Jew. Complains CONSTANTLY about San Francisco BUT STILL LIVES THERE!

Treats his callers like sh&t - same as Levin. Why do they take callers but then scream at them and cut them off the second they don't like what they are hearing?!

I would love to have a chance to kick that effing poodle of his in the nutsack.

This is why Savage was kicked off the radio. Hopefully, the surly Jew Levin will follow.

Metron2267

Quote from: Ruteger on January 05, 2019, 10:57:24 AM
This is why Savage was kicked off the radio. Hopefully, the surly Jew Levin will follow.

ESAD you globalist shock trooper scumbag. - DIE MOTHERFUCKER! >:( >:( >:( >:(

AZZERAE

In the past, I preferred Savage to Rush. He was so great on the radio.

Then, one day toward the end of last year, out of the blue, he announced he was leaving the traditional radio format and going on to do a podcast. Throughout the last few official days he was on radio he went on and on and on about how much better him doing a podcast would be, his reasoning being because he didn't have to stick to politics or time constraints.

So, at the beginning of the year he began this long awaited podcast, and, the thing is ... it feels really flat. He's got new bumpers with electric guitars and its just really cheesy. He still takes breaks - for no reason whatsoever - and uses them as segues between a shift in topics.

The opening bumpers announce Savage as uncut and unfiltered, but he still doesn't use any profanity or anything like that. As a fan, I'm completely disappointed, and now find that Rush is much better, because one knows what they're getting from his show, and it runs just shy of 2 hours (without ads) ... which is much better compared to Savage (who promised a 1 hour format), only to now phone-in about 25 minute podcasts - on average.

Did anyone else notice these things in Savage's "big transition" - or is it just me?