• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 14, 2017, 03:47:54 PM
I tried to listen the Friday night when she had Dennis McKenna on because I'm a fan of he and his brother. I stuck it out for almost an hour but it just wasn't that interesting and I turned it off and did something else. I really wish she was the new Art Bell. It would be great to have one back on the air but, alas, I still wander in the radio desert, looking for an oasis.  :(
I'm afraid I turned it off in the second hour for the same reason.  But there we part views.  I'm happy Heather is Heather, and Art is Art.

Here is tonight's show line up.  If you like techy stuff, you'll probably like the show. ;)

Mon May 15 â€" Charles Ostman â€" The intersection of AI, Alife, and Synthetic Biology

Charles Ostman has 35+ years experience in the fields of electronics, physics, materials science, computing, various forms of applied AI, including eight years at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. Charles’ professional experience encompasses a diverse range of technical development projects at facilities including GTE Lenkurt, Integrated Automation, Litton Industries, Lucas Films, Phoenix Laser Systems, Omni Scientific Instruments, NanoThinc, Raytheon, Fujitsu, Evolutionary Networks, and a variety of other technology related companies and institutions.

At NanoThinc, a private nanotechnology consulting group dating back to the early to mid-'90’s, he was the director of media development, and also on the scientific advisory board. Charles was the co-founder of NanoSig, and chair of the NanoElectronics and Photonics Forum, an organization with the primary charter of facilitating investment in nanotechnology-related ventures, and senior consultant with the Strategic Synergy Group.

He was also a senior fellow at the Institute for Global Futures, a consulting group which provides strategic research, analysis, technical due diligence, and related technology centric development services to Fortune 500 companies and institutions worldwide.

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on May 15, 2017, 06:15:03 PM
Is Free Talk Live worse than Heather?  Might be.

Listened to Free Talk once and came away thinking they were an even worse version of Red Eye Hillbilly Radio .

I prefer long form conversation radio like MITD .

chefist

Who in the holy fuck is Heather Wade?

Lilith

Quote from: Chefist on May 16, 2017, 09:41:54 PM
Who in the holy fuck is Heather Wade?

Are you asking me? 

How should I know? :o

whoozit

PaulAtreides

So Heather spent 15 minutes on Trumpshit last night.  She clearly is quite uninformed regarding the manner in which law enforcement investigates possible crimes.  No, Heather, they are not going to make public all the evidence while the investigation is underway.  Most of her comments sprang from ignorance and ideology. 

Dyna-X

Quote from: PaulAtreides on May 17, 2017, 09:55:32 AM
So Heather spent 15 minutes on Trumpshit last night.  She clearly is quite uninformed regarding the manner in which law enforcement investigates possible crimes.  No, Heather, they are not going to make public all the evidence while the investigation is underway.  Most of her comments sprang from ignorance and ideology.
Her political viewpoints are too simpleton to fit any specific ideology or party, in this way she is lucky she doesn't need to put on an act. In the beginning she put forth somewhat a faux-libertarian flavor that was a naive interpretation of WWAS - What would Art say, while pretending these views were purely her own. So I guess this is an improvement.  ::)

Wintermute

I haven't checked into the BellGab in maybe a year. Saw the commentary yesterday so I decided to "tune in" to MiTD. I was surprised!

I really thought that over time Heather / Redacted would have become listenable. I gave it a solid 45min-1hr. I have no clue how this thing is still rolling along with guests. Has to be that she grapefruits everyone. They never get questioned so it's easy PR for whatever stuff they are hocking.

Boy-o-boy.

Loaded

It is unbearable listening to Heather after a celebrity/musician dies.

If she were choked up once in a blue moon, maybe it would come across as meaningful.  But to come on the air several times a month on the verge of an emotional breakdown is just tiresome.   >:(

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Loaded on May 19, 2017, 07:56:46 AM
It is unbearable listening to Heather after a celebrity/musician dies.

If she were choked up once in a blue moon, maybe it would come across as meaningful.  But to come on the air several times a month on the verge of an emotional breakdown is just tiresome.   >:(

Just imagine what will happen if Trump resigns or is impeached.  Heather will use a weeks worth of shows to go through all five stages of grief.  Followed by a week of PenceShit.

Chris Cornell's Prince Mary Tyler Moore Merle Haggard music was the soundtrack to her childhood

Who is this Joe Talbot guy she keeps thanking at the end of the show? A new money mark?

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on May 19, 2017, 11:52:01 AM

Who is this Joe Talbot guy she keeps thanking at the end of the show? A new money mark?

I believe Talbot is the guy who runs the waxed string from Heather's trailer to the nearest internet node.

Taco Bell

Tonight, Wade's reaction to Aerola Grande being the soundtrack to her life and how she's seen explosions before.

Lilith

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 22, 2017, 09:57:11 PM
Tonight, Wade's reaction to Aerola Grande being the soundtrack to her life and how she's seen explosions before.

Oh, maybe I should tune in...

I'm sure I'll learn many things that aren't on Main Stream News right now.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on May 22, 2017, 10:02:41 PM
Oh, maybe I should tune in...

I'm sure I'll learn many things that aren't on Main Stream News right now.
I actually tuned in for the first time in months or year? Her expertise and comments are hilarious. Truly an expert.  :o Is Art posting anything on FB? He is still doing intros for the show that he has "nothing to do with."  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: albrecht on May 22, 2017, 10:41:47 PM
I actually tuned in for the first time in months or year? Her expertise and comments are hilarious. Truly an expert.  :o Is Art posting anything on FB? He is still doing intros for the show that he has "nothing to do with."  ;D

Aw, darn it, if I knew you were going to show up, I would have stayed up and listened longer.  I only managed about 15 minutes, and then I moved on to Clyde.

Taco Bell

Nut jobs calling in saying they can perform magic. Kid sounds like she's on drugs. Hope she gets help.

Taco Bell

Dude is making Heather describe a portion of her nde, floating through space into a cloud, making shit up.

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 24, 2017, 11:22:13 PM
Dude is making Heather describe a portion of her nde, floating through space into a cloud, making shit up.
You could really sense her "this wasn't in the script" panic
A 6' tall Chinese guy named Mr. Chown was her spirit guide? The funny part was the guy prompted her to stop at 'Chow' but she just had to add an n.
My sides!

Quote from: PaulAtreides on May 19, 2017, 10:59:44 AM
Just imagine what will happen if Trump resigns or is impeached.  Heather will use a weeks worth of shows to go through all five stages of grief.  Followed by a week of PenceShit.

^ This faggot thinks a Hillary Clinton Presidency would be better.

lol

Lilith

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 24, 2017, 11:22:13 PM

I'm sorry I missed that.

bateman

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on May 25, 2017, 11:34:59 AM
You could really sense her "this wasn't in the script" panic
A 6' tall Chinese guy named Mr. Chown was her spirit guide? The funny part was the guy prompted her to stop at 'Chow' but she just had to add an n.
My sides!

https://youtu.be/h7PVhe3eBFY

Quote from: brig on May 25, 2017, 12:53:46 PM
I'm sorry I missed that.
Here's a small clip. Let's just say improv isn't her strong suit. Richard Martini has SWT-level trolling skills

Lilith

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on May 25, 2017, 03:31:21 PM
Here's a small clip. Let's just say improv isn't her strong suit. Richard Martini has SWT-level trolling skills

Could it be?

Juan Cena

It sounds like tonight's show could be quite racist.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/bruce-fenton/

Sounds like a dude who doesn't buy into mankind's African origins.

Could be butt loads of bigotry here.