• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: trostol on May 03, 2017, 05:58:06 PM
hey guess what!!!!!!

he's still not back
While we're waiting, we can always sit back and watch a cool 1954 Sci-Fi movie that plays with the ideas of ISS, CERN, and a computerized control center. ;) ;D

1954 Gog.

https://youtu.be/nZZZ9nbnbFQ

Dyna-X

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on May 12, 2017, 07:39:00 PM
While we're waiting, we can always sit back and watch a cool 1954 Sci-Fi movie that plays with the ideas of ISS, CERN, and a computerized control center. ;) ;D

1954 Gog.

***Spoiler alerts***
Including Operation Paperclip scientists
Multi-level underground base in desert (10 years before NORAD) It has shades of Dulce base security!
like you said, a Space station (7 years before anyone had been to space) - the mirror idea of power generation is part of real designs
Fiberglass "drone" aircraft
Concept of using space as a spying platform (so that world is safe utopia) a decade before Corona and the Manned Orbiting Lab (MOL)
Robots with Biblically inspired names and supercomputer. A warning on this kind of tech and its ability to be hacked, while developing space was considered beneficial.

Thanks Starr! This is really ponderous :) The real rockets of this era looked far more "cool" than today. Also a wheel space station with a mirror designed by the best known Paperclip scientist of all, Werner Von Braun!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 12, 2017, 11:24:12 PM
What ever happened to our mistress of the night?

I haven't seen her since Art Bell quit. Draw your own conclusions. I'm not saying she is Art Bell, but have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time?

pate

I saw a new post on this thread and renewed my subscription!

Hey, wait a torsion field interval....

whoozit

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 12, 2017, 11:25:53 PM
I haven't seen her since Art Bell quit. Draw your own conclusions. I'm not saying she is Art Bell, but have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time?
I've never seen me and Art Bell or me and RCH in the same room.  Holy crap, I'm Art Bell and Richard C. Hoagland!  Wait, I'm everyone on this forum!

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 12, 2017, 11:25:53 PM
It all makes sense now...

Quote from: whoozit on May 16, 2017, 10:04:33 AM
I am BellGab!!!  Rawwhhhhhhr!

It is a really good thing that multiple accounts are allowed.  Otherwise one of us would have to delete ourselves.

expat

A new show has been announced for 3 June. Guest Roger Stone, well-known ultra-right propagandist who spends his days inventing lies about the Clintons.

Lunger

Quote from: expat on May 23, 2017, 09:43:12 AM
A new show has been announced for 3 June. Guest Roger Stone, well-known ultra-right propagandist who spends his days inventing lies about the Clintons.

The Clintons do enough illegal, immoral, and self-serving shit as it is.  No need to invent lies about them.

The truth will suffice.

Hoagie has a show?

Dr. MD MD

You're usually much more detailed than this. Please state specifically the lies spread about the Clintons?  ???

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2017, 01:19:43 PM
You're usually much more detailed than this. Please state specifically the lies spread about the Clintons?  ???

The classic was in his 2106 book The Clintons' War on Women. He alleges that Hillary murdered JFK Jnr. by sabotaging the instruments of his Saratoga light plane, because he was planning to run for the same Senate seat as her. The problems with that story are the following (from the Rational Wiki):

*    The NTSB final report makes no mention of this, saying instead "Examination of the airframe, systems, avionics, and engine did not reveal any evidence of a preimpact mechanical malfunction."

*    Kennedy was licensed for VFR (Visual Flight Rules) only, and therefore by definition would not normally be dependent on instruments. In the actual circumstances, with no visible horizon because of haze, he was, but a would-be saboteur could not possibly have had advance knowledge of that fact.

*   The NTSB report contains much altitude data from ATC Vineyard, which can only have come from a functioning encoding altimeter in the aircraft.

*    Stone has not presented any actual evidence of Mrs. Clinton's involvement. A half-baked speculative motive for the crime is not exactly good enough.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on May 23, 2017, 01:30:28 PM
The classic was in his 2106 book The Clintons' War on Women. He alleges that Hillary murdered JFK Jnr. by sabotaging the instruments of his Saratoga light plane, because he was planning to run for the same Senate seat as her. The problems with that story are the following:

*    The NTSB final report makes no mention of this, saying instead "Examination of the airframe, systems, avionics, and engine did not reveal any evidence of a preimpact mechanical malfunction."

*    Kennedy was licensed for VFR (Visual Flight Rules) only, and therefore by definition would not normally be dependent on instruments. In the actual circumstances, with no visible horizon because of haze, he was, but a would-be saboteur could not possibly have had advance knowledge of that fact.

*   The NTSB report contains much altitude data from ATC Vineyard, which can only have come from a functioning encoding altimeter in the aircraft.

*    Stone has not presented any actual evidence of Mrs. Clinton's involvement. A half-baked speculative motive for the crime is not exactly good enough.

I've never heard any detailed theory of a JFK Jr. murder, only speculation. I suppose he probably would've been a problem for Hillary if he had run against her but that's not evidence, only motive. The facts are though that there are a big stack of dead bodies surround the Clintons' political activities. None of it can be directly connected to them, of course, but some think the odds that they're not involved in any of it must be astronomical.  ;)

astroguy

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2017, 01:38:27 PM
The facts are though that there are a big stack of dead bodies surround the Clintons' political activities. None of it can be directly connected to them, of course, but some think the odds that they're not involved in any of it must be astronomical.  ;)
Um, no.  The more people you know, the more people you know are likely to die.  The more people you know within politics, the more people you know are going to be linked to shady deals.  The odds are perfectly fine considering the profile of the Clintons.  For more information: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4525

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on May 23, 2017, 01:42:25 PM
Um, no.  The more people you know, the more people you know are likely to die.  The more people you know within politics, the more people you know are going to be linked to shady deals.  The odds are perfectly fine considering the profile of the Clintons.  For more information: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4525

Yeah...sure...ask the people of Haiti how they feel about the Clintons.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on May 23, 2017, 01:50:34 PM
Shift the goalpost much?

But sure, I'll bite a bit and point out that several of the Haiti claims have been debunked:
- http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/a-false-corruption-claim/
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/06/13/did-the-clinton-foundation-raise-hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars-for-a-hospital-in-haiti-that-was-never-built/
- http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/19/mike-pence/pence-wrong-haiti-contracts-steered-clinton-friend/

I'm not shifting the goalpost. I'm just getting tired of watching smart people disingenuously use stats to justify their political ideology. You can be a scientist or a politician, not both.  ;)

All of those sources are proven DNC propaganda. Try harder!  ::)

astroguy

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2017, 01:52:59 PM
All of those sources are proven DNC propaganda. Try harder!  ::)
With that statement, nothing I say is going to convince you, so I'm not going to waste my time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on May 23, 2017, 01:57:50 PM
With that statement, nothing I say is going to convince you, so I'm not going to waste my time.

I really wish there were scientifically minded people putting out the news but it's clearly mostly just propaganda now and people are left uninformed about a great deal of things just so that the political propaganda can be hammered home constantly. Science is a systematic quest for the truth. How does supporting propaganda advance that?  ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2017, 01:52:59 PM
You can be a scientist or a politician, not both.  ;)

From 2015 UK Parliament:

Members of the UK Parliament with science and technology degrees in 2015

So with help from twitter, the list of MPs with science degrees looks something like this (will update as needed):

Heidi Allen MP for South Cambridgeshire (BSc in Astrophysics)
Steve Baker MP for Wycombe (BSc Aerospace Engineering, MSc Computer Science)
Gavin Barwell MP for Croydon Central (BA Natural Sciences)
Margaret Beckett MP for Derby South (BSc Metallurgy)
Karen Bradley MP for Staffordshire Moorlands (BSc Mathematics)
Tom Brake MP for Carshalton and Wallington (BSc Physics)
Julian Brazier MP* for Canterbury (BA Mathematics)
Andrew Bridgen MP for North West Leicestershire (BSc Genetics)
Alan Brown MP for Kilmarnock (BSc Civil Engineering)
Therese Coffey MP for Suffolk Coastal (BSc & PhD Chemistry)
David Davis MP for Haltemprice & Howden (BSc Computer Science)
Robert Flello MP for Stoke-on-Trent South (BSc Chemistry)
Liam Fox MP for North Somerset (Bachelor of Medicine)
Mark Hendrick MP for Central Lancashire (BSc Eletrical Engineering)
Carol Monaghan MP for Glasgow North West (BSc Physics)
Liz McInnes MP for Heywood & Middleton (BSc Biochemistry)
Chi Onwurah MP for Newcastle Central (BEng Electrical Engineering)
Chris Philp MP for Croydon South (BSc Physics)
Alok Sharma MP for Reading West (BSc Physics & Electronics)
Alec Shelbrooke MP for Elmet & Rothwell (BEng Mechanical Engineering)
Graham Stringer MP for Blackley (BSc Chemistry)
Stephen Timms MP for East Ham (MA Mathematics)
Philippa Whitford MP for Ayrshire Central (Bachelor of Medicine)
Sarah Wollaston MP for Totnes (Bachelor of Medicine)
Valerie Vaz MP for Walsall South (BSc Biochemistry)
Nadhim Zahawi MP for Stratford-on-Avon (BSc Chemical Engineering)

*Also has a science PhD.
::)
https://www.quora.com/How-many-Members-of-Parliament-have-science-degrees

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 23, 2017, 02:16:34 PM
From 2015 UK Parliament:

Members of the UK Parliament with science and technology degrees in 2015

So with help from twitter, the list of MPs with science degrees looks something like this (will update as needed):

Heidi Allen MP for South Cambridgeshire (BSc in Astrophysics)
Steve Baker MP for Wycombe (BSc Aerospace Engineering, MSc Computer Science)
Gavin Barwell MP for Croydon Central (BA Natural Sciences)
Margaret Beckett MP for Derby South (BSc Metallurgy)
Karen Bradley MP for Staffordshire Moorlands (BSc Mathematics)
Tom Brake MP for Carshalton and Wallington (BSc Physics)
Julian Brazier MP* for Canterbury (BA Mathematics)
Andrew Bridgen MP for North West Leicestershire (BSc Genetics)
Alan Brown MP for Kilmarnock (BSc Civil Engineering)
Therese Coffey MP for Suffolk Coastal (BSc & PhD Chemistry)
David Davis MP for Haltemprice & Howden (BSc Computer Science)
Robert Flello MP for Stoke-on-Trent South (BSc Chemistry)
Liam Fox MP for North Somerset (Bachelor of Medicine)
Mark Hendrick MP for Central Lancashire (BSc Eletrical Engineering)
Carol Monaghan MP for Glasgow North West (BSc Physics)
Liz McInnes MP for Heywood & Middleton (BSc Biochemistry)
Chi Onwurah MP for Newcastle Central (BEng Electrical Engineering)
Chris Philp MP for Croydon South (BSc Physics)
Alok Sharma MP for Reading West (BSc Physics & Electronics)
Alec Shelbrooke MP for Elmet & Rothwell (BEng Mechanical Engineering)
Graham Stringer MP for Blackley (BSc Chemistry)
Stephen Timms MP for East Ham (MA Mathematics)
Philippa Whitford MP for Ayrshire Central (Bachelor of Medicine)
Sarah Wollaston MP for Totnes (Bachelor of Medicine)
Valerie Vaz MP for Walsall South (BSc Biochemistry)
Nadhim Zahawi MP for Stratford-on-Avon (BSc Chemical Engineering)

*Also has a science PhD.
::)

They're all frauds. Science is the systematic quest for the truth. Politics is the art of rhetoric (convincing bullshit). So, when you create this Frankenstein what you get is smart people using facts and stats to support their rhetoric and steer their ideology rather than allowing their ideas to be formed out of facts and the truth. That's very dangerous and the reason why we're in the trouble we're in now.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2017, 02:23:32 PM
They're all frauds.

You mean fake degrees? Made up?  Thatcher had a degree in Chemistry (MSc I believe)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 23, 2017, 02:39:34 PM
You mean fake degrees? Made up?  Thatcher had a degree in Chemistry (MSc I believe)

No. I'm sure they're all legit but they're just not using their intelligence in a quest for the truth anymore but instead trying to give an air of objectivity to their political ideology with them as the "scientific" representative of that ideology. That's the fraud. That's what's disingenuous and phony.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2017, 02:44:16 PM
No. I'm sure they're all legit but they're just not using their intelligence in a quest for the truth anymore but instead trying to give an air of objectivity to their political ideology with them as the "scientific" representative of that ideology. That's the fraud. That's what's disingenuous and phony.

And you know all this because?

henge0stone

Is this show still going? I've been on a RCH binge for a while now since I skipped a good deal of his shows when first listening to the archive (aside from Cydonia and Egypt stuff, always liked that) and I'm having a ball with it. His moon photos were such shit in reality but in your minds eye they are much more interesting.

Who knows I might even be able to enjoy ed dames next  :o

but probably not..

trostol

Greg Ahrens Latest word from RCH himself: the show will resume live broadcast on Saturday night, June 3, 2017, with special guest for three hours, Roger Stone.
To be discussed: a game changing announcement this summer from the Vatican. This is why POTUS is currently visiting the heads of the three major Western religions.
If you have let your Club 19.5 membership lapse, be sure to join again now! There will be several members only special events between now and then to bring us all up to speed on what's happening behind the scenes...
Stay tuned ..