• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

First World Problems

Started by jazmunda, December 18, 2014, 01:32:06 AM

jazmunda

This is the time of the year to show just how fucking ungrateful we are to live in the first world.

I thought that this would be a good time to let everyone know about your first world problems. Or you can just whine to your shrink at your next session.

I'll get the ball rolling:

The memory recall settings for the position of the driver's seat in my car sometimes revert back to the factory settings.

10,000 US microbreweries and brewpubs - bars that make their own beer - each one making many different beer types and flavors.  Not to mention all the foreign beer that's now available, 

Good stuff for most of us, but how could a beer bottle collector even hope to keep up..

I hate going out for a walk or a run, to get some air and do something healthy, and getting a lung full of smoke from everybody's wood stoves.  When I get back home, I smell like an ashtray and the entire room where I leave my clothes smells of smoke the next time I enter.  I hate to have it seep into my bedroom when I leave the window a crack open to get some air.  It's really the least of my problems but a daily annoyance all the same.  I wish we had a no wood heating ordinance in the valley.

Designx

I have too many games in my Steam library - I'll never get to them all.

MV/Liberace!

one of my soundcards is making noise, so i might have to buy a filter to fix it.

Juan

This iPad, which I bought less than a year ago, doesn't have enough memory to install IOS8 without uninstalling some apps or data and tha apps and data are the reason I use it.  Damn whoever is running Apple now.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Juan on December 18, 2014, 06:15:47 AM
This iPad, which I bought less than a year ago, doesn't have enough memory to install IOS8 without uninstalling some apps or data and tha apps and data are the reason I use it.  Damn whoever is running Apple now.

maaaaan.  sucks to be you.

Yorkshire pud

The bottle of shower gel is running out. I need to get more. Damn.

Yesterday morning, the barista at my local Starbucks put cow milk in my pumpkin spice latte! I was PISSED!

wr250

i get the occasional shadowgator when visiting bellgab.

cweb

It's two degrees too hot in here. The tip of my shoulder blade has a dab of sweat on it.

pyewacket

OMG! It's takes so long to shop- there's, like, aisles and aisles of stuff- too many choices!!! 

HorrorRetro

I have to clean the glass on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S AMOLED at least once a day.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorRetro on December 18, 2014, 11:23:07 AM
I have to clean the glass on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S AMOLED at least once a day.

fuck THAT!

eddie dean

During a monsoon storm, sometimes the power goes out for 45min to an hour!
No TV! What do they expect me to do, read a book? Talk to my neighbors? That's crazy talk!
Such an inconvenience.

wr250

Quote from: eddie dean on December 18, 2014, 11:45:35 AM
No TV! What do they expect me to do, read a book? Talk to my neighbors? That's crazy talk!
Such an inconvenience.

thats what your 4g device is for (after you clean the glass of courshe)

eddie dean

Quote from: wr250 on December 18, 2014, 11:51:46 AM

thats what your 4g device is for (after you clean the glass of courshe)

And have  my  battery charge drop to under 50%? sheesh, no thanks!!

ks3484

Quote from: eddie dean on December 18, 2014, 11:45:35 AM
Such an inconvenience.

No no no... You must prepare yourself ed. Rest assured that when decisions need to made "it will" require a consensus for all matters of local, state, and national issues. Or you can let things go on as they have for quite some time. Watch Stephen King's "Storm of the Century" then decide which side you think you'll be on...

I wish you comfort, peace, and joy!

Storm Of The Century Part 1 of 2

Bart Ell

Putting a TV in each of the 7 bedrooms was quite a chore. By the last one I was getting tired of telling the helpers where to put it.

Since the end of colonialism, it's become almost impossible to find anyone willing to call me sahib or bwana.

Daggit

Quote from: Ƭ̵̬̊ on December 18, 2014, 01:12:45 PM
Putting a TV in each of the 7 bedrooms was quite a chore. By the last one I was getting tired of telling the helpers where to put it.

I similarly get tired of telling my maids to continually restock my 7 toilets with 3 ply toilet paper. If they don't fold the ends like they do in those fancy schmancy hotels someone is going to be fired before Christmas. Just let them try me on this.

jazmunda

Home delivery takes too long on the weekends and on holidays. Don't get me started on the ridiculous surcharges.

Eddie Coyle

The radiator in my bedroom is too loud.

Bart Ell

I just had to drive to Niagara On The Lake because stupid Kurtz Orchards closes their other location for the winter! 4 extra minutes later I make my way into their store and find that they are out of Asiago Bread Topper! To make matters worse they are having a jam and jelly sale (3 for $20) so the riff raff are in there cluttering up the place and slurping down samples like they are at Costco! Look, we all know they aren't buying anything but everyone is nice to them anyway because that's how it is in N.O.T.L.

Since I am there anyway I decide to pick up a bottle of their Brickstone Pizza Drizzle. It's like Pizza Punch but they have not QUIT making it. Guess what? SOLD THE F*#K OUT!

CAN THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE?!

Zoo

MV will not come out and drink with me  :'( !!1

There is no United Club at St. Louis Lambert airport.  I am composing this post in terminal A, surrounded by commoners and prols, sans cocktail in my hand.

Curandero81

Quote from: Ƭ̵̬̊ on December 18, 2014, 03:07:35 PM
I just had to drive to Niagara On The Lake because stupid Kurtz Orchards closes their other location for the winter! 4 extra minutes later I make my way into their store and find that they are out of Asiago Bread Topper! To make matters worse they are having a jam and jelly sale (3 for $20) so the riff raff are in there cluttering up the place and slurping down samples like they are at Costco! Look, we all know they aren't buying anything but everyone is nice to them anyway because that's how it is in N.O.T.L.

Since I am there anyway I decide to pick up a bottle of their Brickstone Pizza Drizzle. It's like Pizza Punch but they have not QUIT making it. Guess what? SOLD THE F*#K OUT!

CAN THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE?!

Sorry, very sorry especially on your honeymoon...how is Bartel by the way ?? (The 1/2 done transexual, with a lazy eye and baboon face, your words).
A suggestion...since they are our of jam and pizza drizzle....fall back on the "standard" mayo...you could even splurge and go all out and get Hellman's...I DO NOT want the intimate details of who (or what) is going down on who (or what)....
So lighten up the day could always get worse.....what if they are out of Hellman's too ??????
Sizzzzzzle

aldousburbank

I have to drive through snow tomorrow to catch my flight to hippie paradise.