• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

!!!SPOILER WARNING!!! Star Wars: The Force Awakens discussion

Started by Open Lines Gerry, December 20, 2015, 08:11:28 PM

I loved the last scene. After being presented with his legendary weapon Luke turns his back on thirty years of pacifism to set galactic affairs right.

The more I think about the movie the more details are tucked away into single lines that were glossed over. When we first see him, Snoke calls Kylo Ren "leader of the knights of Ren" or somesuch, and in Rey's force induced trip we saw Luke put his robot hand on R2, as well as Rey surrounded by a gang of dudes in armor with bodies scattered around. So are those the knights of Ren, and does it mean we'll see them trash Luke's Jedi school and kill his students in the next one, or is that what they were going for? I think that's an interesting set up, it would be awesome to see Luke throw down with those guys.

And I'm guessing Kylo Ren will be a lot more badass when he kills Luke!

onan

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 13, 2016, 04:31:32 PM

That's what three decades of hard whiskey and cold women will do to ya.

I'm not seeing the down side.

onan

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 14, 2016, 08:29:02 AM
I loved the last scene. After being presented with his legendary weapon Luke turns his back on thirty years of pacifism to set galactic affairs right.

The more I think about the movie the more details are tucked away into single lines that were glossed over. When we first see him, Snoke calls Kylo Ren "leader of the knights of Ren" or somesuch, and in Rey's force induced trip we saw Luke put his robot hand on R2, as well as Rey surrounded by a gang of dudes in armor with bodies scattered around. So are those the knights of Ren, and does it mean we'll see them trash Luke's Jedi school and kill his students in the next one, or is that what they were going for? I think that's an interesting set up, it would be awesome to see Luke throw down with those guys.

And I'm guessing Kylo Ren will be a lot more badass when he kills Luke!

At the risk of sounding unlettered (again) that Kylo character (see what I did there albrect?) needs more than badass[ery]. I had given no thought to Luke being killed by Ren. That might make him the most hated character, feared though, I doubt it. Maybe if they give him a voice similar to James Earl Jones.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: onan on January 14, 2016, 06:51:13 PM
At the risk of sounding unlettered (again) that Kylo character (see what I did there albrect?) needs more than badass[ery]. I had given no thought to Luke being killed by Ren. That might make him the most hated character, feared though, I doubt it. Maybe if they give him a voice similar to James Earl Jones.

I don't think Darth Vader would have been anywhere near as memorable without the voice. When you think back to the original film, it was so close to parody, but a few people like Alec Guinness and Harrison Ford managed to give it a sense of sincerity and irony that stopped it turning into Spaceballs. Dave Prowse, the man behind the mask, will always be the Green Cross Code man to me, teaching children of my vintage how to cross the road without getting splattered across a car windshield. You can actually see (or could, the last time I looked) clips of him doing the dialogue in the film before it was dubbed by Jones. I think they were right to change it, because he had a very strong Bristolian accent, and I don't think it would have got across quite the correct amount of menace if the Lord of the Sith sounded like a retarded shitkicker. Think Count Dracula played by one of the Beverly Hillbillies.

I loathed it. I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie but I thought about it and wish I had. I think I have PTSD now.

BellBoy

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 15, 2016, 08:51:57 AM
I don't think Darth Vader would have been anywhere near as memorable without the voice. When you think back to the original film, it was so close to parody, but a few people like Alec Guinness and Harrison Ford managed to give it a sense of sincerity and irony that stopped it turning into Spaceballs. Dave Prowse, the man behind the mask, will always be the Green Cross Code man to me, teaching children of my vintage how to cross the road without getting splattered across a car windshield. You can actually see (or could, the last time I looked) clips of him doing the dialogue in the film before it was dubbed by Jones. I think they were right to change it, because he had a very strong Bristolian accent, and I don't think it would have got across quite the correct amount of menace if the Lord of the Sith sounded like a retarded shitkicker. Think Count Dracula played by one of the Beverly Hillbillies.

I knows that guy, me! Lives just down the road, mind. A right gas 'ed, him. Mint in it!