• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Hog

Quote from: ge30542 on March 19, 2016, 04:57:00 PM
Rather than tossing water on them, walk in with a water filled syringe. They'll see it, and think relief is close, but alas, it's still 3 days away.
3 days away, ya right.  The initial few days of acute withdrawl syndrome is one thing, the Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) is almost as bad. Not sleeping for weeks, yet being so bloody exhausted, then when you are about to fall asleep you have the unending feelings of restlessness in your arms and legs.  The feelings are really impossible to convey properly with words.  And people say "Just quit".  Thats not the way it works, esp. for long term abstinence.
I wouldnt wish opiate withdrawal on my worst enemy.  I'd take a good waterboarding anyday over the feeling of withdrawl signs/symptoms.  Waterboarding is a very scary sensation at first.

peace
Hog

ge30542

Quote from: Hog on March 19, 2016, 08:53:45 PM
3 days away, ya right.  The initial few days of acute withdrawl syndrome is one thing, the Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) is almost as bad. Not sleeping for weeks, yet being so bloody exhausted, then when you are about to fall asleep you have the unending feelings of restlessness in your arms and legs.  The feelings are really impossible to convey properly with words.  And people say "Just quit".  Thats not the way it works, esp. for long term abstinence.
I wouldnt wish opiate withdrawal on my worst enemy.  I'd take a good waterboarding anyday over the feeling of withdrawl signs/symptoms.  Waterboarding is a very scary sensation at first.

peace
Hog
Hog, I feel ya man. Not on my worst enemy. Truly.

Dateline

I agree with you Bobo17, Heather has to go.

Quote from: bobo17 on March 19, 2016, 02:25:51 PM
Heather quit and quit NOW
You are horrible.

If anyone else agrees with me, please encourage me to continue to call for her resignation.
I have been an original founding member of BellGab (note i had to create a new handle and account as i lost my password etc.) and have a tremendous amount of respect
with all members.  Note: Most of my communication is done via private email, with you the members of Bellgab.

I will consider becoming more vocal and pubic if i get a large enough response to put my friendship with Art in jeopardy.

You can help by replying  " I agree with you Bobo, Heather has got to go"

If i get enough response, i will take my influence to the powers that be and finally be rid of Heather and her lack of radio experience and put her back to her former career where i think she can do better as it has less to do with pronouncing words correctly and more to do with moaning the words the right way.

Remember to reply with " I agree with you Bobo, Heather has got to go"

Thanks everyone, I know this is difficult for me personally, but it is something that if i get enough support, i will take to the end.
I have known him for years, since grade school,  i am sure if enough bell gabbers reply to my message he will get the message and have this clown show shut down.

thanks
bobo

Even if I agree that Heather isn't great, and certainly no Art, why the vendetta to try and shut down the show? It is what it is. She's holding her own (I think) and if not, The show will shut itself down. Don't pay attention if you hate it so much. Just let it play itself out. Why do you care so much? If anything let's band together to see if they would be willing to let other hosts have a shot. Like a rotation. People can vote on the best host. Idk, just seems unnecessary and mean spirited to try so hard to protest her out.

Quote from: trostol on March 16, 2016, 08:50:12 PM
nah..it all connects...cooking...you cook (not you) Meth..most famous Meth cooker..Walter White..Walter White lived in..New Mexico..New Mexico touches a corner with where? Nevada...what city is in Nevada..Parhump...there ya go

Except it doesn't. Look at a map

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Crash Folly on March 17, 2016, 07:20:17 PM

would be a pretty small riot

When the rioters are arrested, their punishment will be a requirement that they finish middle school.

nika01

Quote from: munbeam666 on March 19, 2016, 06:59:14 PM
I'm beginning to really enjoy Heather's shows.....accept Art's retirement, move on

Me 2. Nay Sayers can tune in to c2c and shut the hell up

MikeJ

Heather is no Art. While I wish he had cast a wider net for a replacement (I think some sort of casting call a la American Idol would have been very cool), I do find the constant ragging on her a bit distasteful. I think she has gotten better and if she would see a speech therapist or public speaking coach, she could get better. Her issues aren't insurmountable.

I do like the Falkie as guest caller idea. It would definitely add something to the show to hear him bluster now and again.

albrecht

Art once said, in jest to a caller I think, that he was a high-level Mason and Heather is OGD which has connections to Masonry and Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia in its founding. So was it her witch-craft that got her the gig or was it the Masons/Satanists?

Bonanza Pilot

He *MAY* end up doing one or two shows per week.

Here's to hoping and if that were the case I would sign back up as a time traveler.....I'm sure many others would too.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on March 20, 2016, 05:50:26 PM

Here's to hoping and if that were the case I would sign back up as a time traveler.....I'm sure many others would too.
I wouldn't.  Fool me once . . .

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: Segundus on March 20, 2016, 06:23:32 PM
I wouldn't.  Fool me once . . .

Well, we are talking $5 bucks here and it takes about 30 seconds to sign up and 30 seconds to cancel if need be. I would support the show if Art does a show once or hopefully twice a week....Your mileage may vary.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on March 20, 2016, 05:50:26 PM

So would that mean the terrorist stalker was incarcerated, or at least no longer a threat?

GravitySucks

Knapp Night tonight.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on March 20, 2016, 01:27:08 PM
When the rioters are arrested, their punishment will be a requirement that they finish middle school.

Art was complaining they had adults in the local spelling bee.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 20, 2016, 08:00:19 PM
Knapp Night tonight.

Another Roswell show.  Swell.  Will be surprised if we don't hear one of Knapp's usual anti-USAF rants.  If I'm still awake and can get through, I will call and ask Schmitt how we can trust anything he says/writes considering the fabrication of his education and employment history.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 20, 2016, 08:15:44 PM
Another Roswell show.  Swell.  Will be surprised if we don't hear one of Knapp's usual anti-USAF rants.  If I'm still awake and can get through, I will call and ask Schmitt how we can trust anything he says/writes considering the fabrication of his education and employment history.

Please do. At risk of sounding like a synchophant, I am actually very impressed at how well versed you are with who are the bad apples of UFOlogy. I've told Art and Heather that the quality of what is on the air about UFOlogy or any paranormal subject matter is not going to improve until hosts stop giving obviously slimy people airtime. Take the subject matter from cheap entertainment more towards investigative journalism. That is the next direction for alternative paranormal talk to go if it wants a bigger fanbase and more respectability.  If we are lucky maybe Knapp will grill him with some tough questions. We can always hope.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Ms. C on March 20, 2016, 04:53:29 PM
http://www.qsotoday.com/podcasts/w6obb

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/1/2/7/1271e3d3cbf18087/Episode_085_Art_Bell_W6OBB_Final.mp3?c_id=11265280&expiration=1458519540&hwt=7e856fb049410b4f28f6fb88c2c50531

Thanks!  this was a good interview that fills in some of the gaps through the present for those that have listened to Art's audio version of the Art of Talk.  The maybe a day or two a week sounded like a "more than likely" kind of maybe to me. As in write that in pencil not pen.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dyna-X on March 20, 2016, 08:42:50 PM
Please do. At risk of sounding like a synchophant, I am actually very impressed at how well versed you are with who are the bad apples of UFOlogy. I've told Art and Heather that the quality of what is on the air about UFOlogy or any paranormal subject matter is not going to improve until hosts brothers ving obviously slimy people airtime. Take the subject matter from cheap entertainment more towards investigative journalism. That is the next direction for alternative paranormal talk to go if it wants a bigger fanbase and more respectability.  If we are lucky maybe Knapp will grill him with some tough questions. We can always hope.

I agree with you, but we need to weed out not just the "bad" apples, but the stupid and delusional apples as well.  Obviously not everyone will agree in what category various ufologists belong, however.  For example I think Colonel John Alexander is a top flight ufologist, but people I have great respect for think he's a disinformation agent, or worse.
Still, what bothers me most is how some of these guys can be totally discredited, yet come back and be welcomed  with open arms by the community.  Ufology and politics are arguably the only two career fields where this can happen.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 20, 2016, 09:25:56 PM
I agree with you, but we need to weed out not just the "bad" apples, but the stupid and delusional apples as well.  Obviously not everyone will agree in what category various ufologists belong, however.  For example I think Colonel John Alexander is a top flight ufologist, but people I have great respect for think he's a disinformation agent, or worse.
Still, what bothers me most is how some of these guys can be totally discredited, yet come back and be welcomed  with open arms by the community.  Ufology and politics are arguably the only two career fields where this can happen.

A good observation. Facts and evidence aren't worth much in either case. Most everything in both fields is a subjective matter and all that matters is what you can get people to believe.

In the UFO world, some shaky pictures and odd impressions in the ground can count as proof positive of alien visitors. In the political world, there's actual, indisputable video of protesters being grabbed or beaten by campaign workers and the candidate insists it never happened. In both cases, people believe what they choose to believe and whatever that is becomes what they call truth.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 20, 2016, 09:25:56 PM

I think George Knapp does a very good job...wish he hosted every night..

Dyna-X

Quote from: chefist on March 20, 2016, 09:45:11 PM
I think George Knapp does a very good job...wish he hosted every night..

I wonder if he would come over to do Coast full time if Premiere could beat whatever KLAS-TV was paying him.  It would be a wise move for them. Also there was word at one point Noory would cut back to 2 or 3 shows a week when he turns 66 in a few months. Who else do they have in mind to fill all those shows?

A likely delusional wish but that would be the ultimate dream come true if he came over and shared MITD with Art. He has penciled in one or two days a week.

Hog

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on March 20, 2016, 07:41:47 PM
Well, we are talking $5 bucks here and it takes about 30 seconds to sign up and 30 seconds to cancel if need be. I would support the show if Art does a show once or hopefully twice a week....Your mileage may vary.
I'd re-up as a Time Traveller again if Art did a couple shows a week.  I'm sure many would as well.

Art thinks that because its been 3 months since his departure that all of the "thousands| of current subscriptions are because of Heather running the show.  I think that the majority of them would still be people holding on for Art to return.  I mean it's only $5 a month on a payment setup that automatically pays every month.  If we had to manually re-apply every month, or if the subscriptions were of a more significant monetary value, there would have been a much larger drop off in subs over the last 3 months.

C'mon Art, if she'll let you do 1 show, she'll let you do 2 shows.  Dont let your illness "control your ability to do a show", you CAN do it and you damn well know it.

peace
Hog

Dyna-X

Quote from: Hog on March 20, 2016, 10:45:23 PM
I'd re-up as a Time Traveller again if Art did a couple shows a week.  I'm sure many would as well.

Art thinks that because its been 3 months since his departure that all of the "thousands| of current subscriptions are because of Heather running the show.  I think that the majority of them would still be people holding on for Art to return.  I mean it's only $5 a month on a payment setup that automatically pays every month.  If we had to manually re-apply every month, or if the subscriptions were of a more significant monetary value, there would have been a much larger drop off in subs over the last 3 months.

C'mon Art, if she'll let you do 1 show, she'll let you do 2 shows.  Dont let your illness "control your ability to do a show", you CAN do it and you damn well know it.

peace
Hog

Hog, your telling it like it is :) I heard Art tonight, the love of what he is doing can't be turned of that easily. What I notice in Art's patterns is he runs in spurts and burns out, goes real slow for a while and then back to full steam, repeat. So long as he doesn't over do it, he's fine.

Wade Collins

Quote from: Dyna-X on March 20, 2016, 10:00:47 PM
I wonder if he would come over to do Coast full time if Premiere could beat whatever KLAS-TV was paying him.  It would be a wise move for them. Also there was word at one point Noory would cut back to 2 or 3 shows a week when he turns 66 in a few months. Who else do they have in mind to fill all those shows?

A likely delusional wish but that would be the ultimate dream come true if he came over and shared MITD with Art. He has penciled in one or two days a week.

George Knapp in my mind is the best now. He is always prepped, and understands how to engage in in a meaningful manner with listeners as well as guests. While he doesn't have that extra gear that Art had at one time, he is more even keeled and thoughtful than anyone in the genre.  Heather-listened the other night, just awful. Noory type moments, taking open-line calls, contrived drama,
takes big breathes in manner that is the most annoying this side of the Asian woman on the Liberty Mutual TV spots.