• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Ben Shockley

Quote from: sleeplessinca on February 04, 2012, 07:04:49 AM...I seriously think the callers are there to kill time for how much he listens.
Guests too.  Everyone else on the show is there to provide audio cover for whatever the hell Noory is actually doing for the 160 minutes that he's supposedly on-air.

Jasmine

Quote from: stevesh on February 04, 2012, 05:27:50 AM
"If Trees were any good, this Kilmer woman would have had it made into a movie.

- George Noory

George, Barbara Walters called...she wanna know if you be a tree, what tree you be?

Anybody else hear Simple George talking (again) about his narrow escape in Mexico, when he said something about not knowing the name of the guy 'who whisked all of us to the airport' ? The original story implied that Noory was alone in the cab. Even if the tale is true, a number of people in the car makes the possibility of kidnapping a lot less likely. If you're going to tell lies to a national radio audience, SG, write the details down so you don't contadict yourself later.

And to think what a better Radio Ga Ga world this would be if Cheech and Chong and Chico and the Man had followed through on their "deveeish, feendish plot" to snare Snorry. I mean, talk about 'Sliding Doors'...what could have been.

If only...if only we could get our hands on George's brain. Perhaps Sally Struthers has the solution?

Feed the Zombies

b_dubb

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 04, 2012, 12:13:49 AM
Did George just reference the long-dead Ayatollah Khomeini as the current leader of Iran in one of his headlines reads or did I mishear him???????????????

Quote from: George NooronI'm George Noory and I don't do details or facts or listen. I just drone on about myself and my bullshit experiences. Also ... I suck

Jasmine

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 04, 2012, 12:21:14 AM
   It's alright. He still thinks Nasser runs Egypt and Golda Meir runs Jew-rusalem.

I always get Golda Meir and Goldie Hawn mixed up.

Tara

Quote from: Jasmine on February 04, 2012, 11:06:44 AM
I always get Golda Meir and Goldie Hawn mixed up.

Surprisingly, they're both Jewish, though Hawn is 1/2 Jewish. 

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 04, 2012, 12:13:49 AM
Did George just reference the long-dead Ayatollah Khomeini as the current leader of Iran in one of his headlines reads or did I mishear him? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??

George isn't interested and doesn't care.  He's on record as claiming to be an expert in the Mid-East because when he was a kid he went with his father to coffee shops, and dad would talk to his friends about whut was goin' on over there.

If someone were to tell George that the Ayatollah was dead, George's follow up would be something along the lines of wondering if he's be on Facebook and Twitter, and how many friends and followers he'd have.

Scully

... Anybody else hear Simple George talking (again) about his narrow escape in Mexico, when he said something about not knowing the name of the guy 'who whisked all of us to the airport' ? The original story implied that Noory was alone in the cab. Even if the tale is true, a number of people in the car makes the possibility of kidnapping a lot less likely. If you're going to tell lies to a national radio audience, SG, write the details down so you don't contadict yourself later.

Is that man a liar or what???

Yes, I heard his latest version of the Frito Banditos' murderous attempt on his life, Stevesh, and I thought "WHAT 'all of us'?" Left me confused.  Maybe one of these days I'll learn to remember that whatever personal story Simple George is telling is only half-true at best.   ::)

Gassy Man

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 04, 2012, 09:59:47 AM
He probably pronounced it just like that along with other fumbles I noted at the time; I can't stomach going back to try to re-listen.   He no doubt meant Ali Khamenei, current "Supreme Leader" of Iran.  Georgie just can't wait for a war with Iran, can he???After he moves to Hawaii to use the "new studio" --some day-- he'll immediately ask someone at the local radio station if they can get Jack Lord and Don Ho to come do segments on his show.
Thanks, Ben -- I later wondered if that was what he was trying to do, but I didn't think the names were pronounced precisely the same.

b_dubb

Quote from: Zelig on February 04, 2012, 02:41:48 AM
I want to believe that George is just the Johnny Carson of the show... carrying it through the week w/nonsense while Ian, Knapp, and John B. are out digging up the good stories and the hard news.. but fear that even that is stretching the imagination...
Johnny Carson was the Master. Even when he bombed he was hysterical. Conan O'Brien would agree.

On his finest, George Noory isn't a shadow of Carson. Carson did nothing to deserve such a comparison

Morgus

That longtime regular caller Bill from West Hartford just got on the air again tonight in the first hour of c2c.
Bill reminded again that he is an athiest, so he always calls in when a guest is talking about god, so he can oppose them...
Bill still thinks by calling in to radio talk shows that will impress a girl to go out with him.
But so far in his 60+ years that hasn't worked.  8)

Gassy Man

Bill from Hartford just sucks, which is why he is put on just about every night.  Speaking of sucking, the guest right now, Carl from some university, keeps sucking up to George -- no matter how bland the comment, Carl can't stop telling George how good he is . . . and that also truly sucks.

stevesh

Quote from: Morgus on February 06, 2012, 12:48:51 AM
That longtime regular caller Bill from West Hartford just got on the air again tonight in the first hour of c2c.
Bill reminded again that he is an athiest, so he always calls in when a guest is talking about god, so he can oppose them...

The mystery is why the C2C producers keep putting that loser on the air. It couldn't be that they think he's articulate and actually has something meaningful to say. On the other hand, compared to Simple George (and Jesus B. Wells) I guess he is and does.

Classic Simple George performance tonight. The guest was enthusiastic and seemed knowledgable on an interesting subject, and Noory spent at least a third of the show talking about himself and his family. Obsessively narcissistic idiot.

b_dubb

Bill from Hartford is the last remaining coast listener

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 06, 2012, 01:27:02 AM
...Carl can't stop telling George how good he is . . . and that also truly sucks.
The man has a book to sell; he's isn't likely to bite the hand that gives free PR.   Today its #130 of ALL books on Amazon; I wish I knew what it was last Friday.  That he probably sold a lot of this book to Noory loyalists speaks volumes about the state of C2C.

ManiacMatt

If you haven't cancelled you C2C subscription, you should because GN wants to watch you!  He's a weirdo.

ManiacMatt

Here's an example of the insightful commentary by the hard working GN.  He likes puppies...torturing them that is.  He was probably fantasizing about it when he said this.

valdez

Jerome Corsi on money laundering at HSBC, and the looming war with Iran.  Dr. Kirby Surprise on synchronicity.  George asked, "what is synchronicity?"  and later said that he does shows on it "all the time."  So why don't you know what it is, George?  I get it.  You want to get the definition out of the way, fine, but there are other ways to do that, like, "Welcome, Dr. Surprise.  The term "synchronicity" was first coined back in the early twentieth century by Carl Jung to describe yada yada yada"  See? You don't have to come across like an idiot.  Was that a show about old people on Sunday (Carl Pillemer)?   Really?

expat

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 06, 2012, 04:10:06 PM
The man has a book to sell; he's isn't likely to bite the hand that gives free PR.   Today its #130 of ALL books on Amazon; I wish I knew what it was last Friday. 
I can tell you this. One interview with Noory brought Mike Bara's appalling book The Choice from Amazon 90,418 to 1,049 overnight. That was in November 2010.

Noory was an official endorser of this wretched book, too. His brown-nosed words are on the back cover.

stevesh

Quote from: expat on February 07, 2012, 09:01:00 AM
I can tell you this. One interview with Noory brought Mike Bara's appalling book The Choice from Amazon 90,418 to 1,049 overnight. That was in November 2010.

Noory was an official endorser of this wretched book, too. His brown-nosed words are on the back cover.

I've seen books by C2C guests go from 500,000 (no sales at all) to 2000 overnight, but it doesn't take that many sales to make that kind of move. Generally they drop back to where they were the next day.

JohnnieB

Quote from: ManiacMatt on February 06, 2012, 11:32:00 PM
Here's an example of the insightful commentary by the hard working GN.  He likes puppies...torturing them that is.  He was probably fantasizing about it when he said this.

Heavens to Murgatroyd.

Quote from: Morgus on February 06, 2012, 12:48:51 AM
Bill still thinks by calling in to radio talk shows that will impress a girl to go out with him.
But so far in his 60+ years that hasn't worked.  8)

Always loved it when Ian would saracstically reply "Really.....didn't know that Bill".......I miss Ian.

Also, fuck Jerry Corsi.

Jasmine

Quote from: JohnnieB on February 07, 2012, 11:54:13 AM
Heavens to Murgatroyd.

Hey, George Noory...exit...STAGE LEFT!

Quote from: stevesh on February 06, 2012, 05:24:23 AM
Classic Simple George performance tonight. The guest was enthusiastic and seemed knowledgable on an interesting subject, and Noory spent at least a third of the show talking about himself and his family. Obsessively narcissistic idiot.

If I have to hear about his Auntie Chaka Khan one more time...

Looking forward to listening to Dr. Raymond Moody on C2C, that is if George can manage to keep his Detroit Rock-Lebanese-American pie hole shut and let the man speak. Love all of Moody's books on near death experiences - also the works of Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross. Both of these people were quite brave and innovative ground breakers re life after death studies. That in conjunction with paranormal experiences I and my brother have had with our "deceased" grandparents made me all the more the willing student of this realm. I do concur with Moody, Kübler-Ross, and others that there is no death per se...which is a beautiful thing. I attended one of Moody's seminars on NDE/life after death a couple of years ago...a wonderful and insightful man.

Hmm...wonder if Snagglepuss Georgie will throw a 'Twilight Zone' episode reference or two to Moody? That, and I'll betcha a dollar to a donut he'll throw down the coincidence card.

And speaking of 'The Twilight Zone'...how's about we wish George into the cornfield?  He's a bad radio man...a VERY BAD RADIO MAN!

Sardondi

Quote from: Jasmine on February 07, 2012, 03:59:13 PM
...If I have to hear about his Auntie Chaka Khan one more time...

Okay, I blew coffee onto my monitor screen...but it was worth it! Kudos to Jas.

Oh, and I'll try to listen to some of Moody too. I know that kind of stuff drives the self-described "rational materialists" crazy, but I enjoy it.

Jasmine

Quote from: Sardondi on February 07, 2012, 04:44:56 PM
Oh, and I'll try to listen to some of Moody too. I know that kind of stuff drives the self-described "rational materialists" crazy, but I enjoy it.

Well, to twist Madonna's lyrics a tad...We're living in a material world, but I aint a material goil. ;)

Kudos to you, Sardondi...listen to Moody with an open line...er...open mind.

WOTR

Quote from: Scully on February 05, 2012, 01:56:17 AM

Is that man a liar or what???

Yes, I heard his latest version of the Frito Banditos' murderous attempt on his life, Stevesh, and I thought "WHAT 'all of us'?" Left me confused.  Maybe one of these days I'll learn to remember that whatever personal story Simple George is telling is only half-true at best.   ::)
The things I missed when I was away...

I think a good portion of the story is true (maybe even 95%).  I am certain the George did vacation somewhere (possibly Mexico.)  He probably flew there and may even have take a cab to and from the airport.  His story also contains the fact that he had luggage with him and that it was a male driver.  The cab was radio equipped and his driver spoke a language other than English.  The cab was likely not kept up as well as American standards mechanically (hence his version including a broken handle.)  The part of town he was driven through was probably unfamiliar to him and the cab probably even stopped once or twice.  It is Mexico in the day- I assume there was traffic around the cab.

The only untrue portions are the embellishments on those events which happen to millions of people each day.  The driver speaking a different language on a radio (or cell phone) becomes sinister.  The run down condition becomes a broken handle trapping the poor guy.  The traffic around the cab becomes potential kidnappers. 

In short, I think the majority of the story is true.  He just twisted a few things and faster than you can say abracadabra:  Instant story portraying him as a brave hero.

Sardondi

Quote from: WOTR on February 08, 2012, 01:06:33 AM...I think a good portion of the story is true...

Heh. Honest George: he's trustworthy about everything but stuff that matters.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Jasmine on February 07, 2012, 03:59:13 PM

Looking forward to listening to Dr. Raymond Moody on C2C, that is if George can manage to keep his Detroit Rock-Lebanese-American pie hole shut and let the man speak. Love all of Moody's books on near death experiences - also the works of Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.

I've liked reading these two since their earliest works, so I tried to listen to Noory with Moody . . . I really tried. 

Noory raises the spectre of Moody's own suicide attempt when he was in his early 40's, gets him to recreate the events leading up to it in excruciating detail, but does that satisfy Morbid Georgie?  Nopey nope.  Georgie wants more, wants to know where Raymond was, who found him, what the circumstances were of the finding, and on and on and on, to which Moody (obviously) replies, "I was unconscious at the time."

Now, Moody is on to talk about NDE's and life after death and all that good stuff. 

Does Morbid Georgie even ONCE draw any nexus between Moody's suicide attempt and the afterlife? 

ManiacMatt

While discussing the NDAA with journalist David Seaman, GN struggles to articulate his frustration with all you haters in internet land.

Gassy Man

I tried to listen to Moody -- who kept reminding us he had several doctorates, btw, and taught philosophy courses -- be he sounds too much like an unfunny Paul Lynde.  He has the creepy persona of a southern crook preacher.  And I am very interested in NDEs.  I fell asleep after the first hour of them doing nothing except talk about Moody's CV, woke up an hour and a half later only to find they were still not talking about NDEs, and went back to sleep.  I was very disappointed with the whole program . . . moreso than usual.

Sardondi

Quote from: Lovely Bones on February 08, 2012, 10:41:39 AM...Morbid Georgie...

I hadn't noticed this until folks started commenting on it here recently, but IMO you're definitely onto something. He really does have a fascination with details about death, terror and suffering, particularly the soul-crushing grief experienced by parents whose children are lost in fatal accidents or are victims of a pedophile, etc. He really can't seem to stop himself from asking inappropriate and uncomfortable details of horrific deaths

It really makes me wonder if beneath that I-love-everybody exterior beats the sadistic, murderous heart of a monster like the BTK killer.