• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Latest French Attacks: updates (in English)

Started by albrecht, November 13, 2015, 03:50:16 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on November 30, 2015, 02:09:57 AM
Thanks -- it cracked _me_ up writing it.  :D

Ya, maybe I was too rough on E-books n-stuff. I have a Samsung 8"  Tab 4 that I use on occaision (even loaded it with a bunch of reading matter yesterday), but generally speaking I hate them for reading, even casual/pleasure reading. Stoking my attitude towards them is schools proposing to do away with real books entirely and use only electronic textbooks -- which is just freeking rediculous to me, and also tells me that whoever is making these decisions has very little first-hand experience _using_ real books themselves. And ya, OCR requires full-time baby-sitter checking/correcting output . Voice-to-Text though is getting pretty good (e.g. Google's Android product) but that's instantainious/simaltainious send/return to/from their supercomputers in-the-sky rather than local sw processing.
In the way of derailing the theme of threads at BG, I got my Kindle for free for someone who bought new one and said "you want it." It is good for planes etc because you can throw lots of stuff on it. But for 'real' reading or learning at home etc I like paper. But novels etc? Eh, it works if they are new ones and produced for it.
ps: my school district is in a controversy over budget because some person/people (now gone) had a deal a few years ago to buy every kid a ipad for teaching. (I'm thinking he was friends with a salesman or something.) Of course, almost every kid (rich school district) already had one, or similar, and the newer version since the way the contract/roll-out went. The ipads were, basically obsolete and the issues of maintaining them, policing content, etc. That, and the football stadium and auditorium improvements, suddenly meant we need new bond issue to pay teachers and maintain facilities.

Meister_000

Quote from: albrecht on November 30, 2015, 10:45:44 AM
In the way of derailing the theme of threads at BG, I got my Kindle for free for someone who bought new one and said "you want it." It is good for planes etc because you can throw lots of stuff on it. But for 'real' reading or learning at home etc I like paper. But novels etc? Eh, it works if they are new ones and produced for it.
ps: my school district is in a controversy over budget because some person/people (now gone) had a deal a few years ago to buy every kid a ipad for teaching. (I'm thinking he was friends with a salesman or something.) Of course, almost every kid (rich school district) already had one, or similar, and the newer version since the way the contract/roll-out went. The ipads were, basically obsolete and the issues of maintaining them, policing content, etc. That, and the football stadium and auditorium improvements, suddenly meant we need new bond issue to pay teachers and maintain facilities.

Yup. There is just too much insanity, ineptitude, and unaccountability in the world today for me to get my head around. [and segwaying back to topic] I just took a peak, a reality-check, yesterday at the intersection of Kant and Islam, via Google search, and I think we are in hella trouble, good as sunk, if I or we think there is _any_ way of getting through to such twisted and malformed minds as (even) _any_ practicing Musulman (French spelling), not even radicalized but just imprinted with so much garbage! Oye. As far as religious apologetics go (which you really have no choice but to persue because that's the language and mind-set they operate from), you have to parse and error-check every fucking phrase in every sentance, requiring a vast (and otherwise useless) knowledge of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, plus the scriptures of all three, plus Arabic, plus their English-as-second-language issues, as-well-as being a Kant expert, in order to be able to call their shit on any particular "exegesis" of Kant, let alone catch the errors in supposed but twisted "direct quotes" of Kant as well! God help us!

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on November 30, 2015, 04:40:49 PM
The Brussels shut down cost an estimated 51.7 million Euros a day. Clearly the Muslims won this round.
http://www.politico.eu/article/brussels-lockdown-financial-damage-52-million-vrt-terrorism-business/

Would have cost less to go door to door, collect them up and ship them back to anywhere but there.

Meister_000

Quote from: Meister_000 on November 30, 2015, 01:46:08 PM

. . . As far as religious apologetics go (which you really have no choice but to persue because that's the language and mind-set they operate from), you have to parse and error-check every phrase in every sentance . .

Well then, here's a video that makes swiss cheese out of much of the pillars of Islamic apologetics, the dating and origins of the Quran and the bulk of the Muhammad fable as well. Very interesting, and based on new scholarly analysis and findings. Summarized at about the 59 Min mark are the many bits of key stuff that all first appear at around 691ad (60 years after Muhammad's death) and all under the oversight of one Caliph Abdul Malik 685-705, and nothing from the earlier Uthman period were it should be. Appears to be a whole-cloth invention, the majority of it, both the Muhammad story, the supposed key city of Mecca (where the Kaaba [Cube] is located and where all Masques were supposed to be pointing to -- but yet the first hundred years of them don't! they all point instead to the city of Petra, which _was_ in fact a major trading center and crossroads while mecca was no wheres close to trading routes), and not least of all the Quran itself, it's actual assembly date and the embarrassingly wide (1000 point) differences between the oldest surviving copies -- where, according to Muslims, there shouldn't be any (Revealed Word of God that it is).

The Truth About the Historical Beginnings of Islam -- A Critique by Jay Smith
70 min presentation

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_PtTXEBPFU

Meister_000

It takes some effort wading through Wikipedia's immense and otherwise one-sided "Islam Portal" to find it, but nevertheless, a page titled "Criticism of Islam" does exist there, and its growing list of quotes gathered from throughout history and from many lands and many faiths, looks promising -- if only a start. Its worth seeing, keeping an eye on, or even contributing to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Islam#History

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 06, 2015, 04:43:01 PM
It takes some effort wading through Wikipedia's immense and otherwise one-sided "Islam Portal" to find it, but nevertheless, a page titled "Criticism of Islam" does exist there, and its growing list of quotes gathered from throughout history and from many lands and many faiths, looks promising -- if only a start. Its worth seeing, keeping an eye on, or even contributing to.

Interesting thread there. While most, if not all, religions have had, or have, problems, inconsistencies, violence, interpretations, etc over their history but I don't buy into "everything is relative" or "one can't make judgements about other cultures or religions." Islam seems to be the worst of the lot. I have a neighbor from Pakistan who I've know for many decades and he is an adamant atheist but raised Muslim and his wife still is, but he is a ornery old man. His view is that Islam/Muhammed was necessary, back then, because the situation of life was even worse with feuds, bad health, violence, chaos, etc- so they needed someone to enforce "rules." But, unlike the other Ibrahimic religions (mostly) Islam never "grew up," reformed, had new covenants, and so but he says the WORST thing that happened was US (British and then USA and Germans at some points) supporting/buying-oil from the most backward of the Islamic states and "finding" and propping up various fake "royals." He, and his wife tell me that the Pakistani area was much better off under British rule, and even back after independence and post-India war when the legal system and education was still British based, than it is now because the Saudi etc oil&gas money funds all these schools teaching the most radical interpretations of Islam. She says as a girl she could walk around, go to school, shop, no garb, no harassment, no rape, etc. Now, when she goes to visit even older relatives (he won't go back) she never leaves the family compound, cars have shades drawn on them if carrying women, has to wear garb on trip from airport to family compound, etc. Basically, at least according to him, the worst, most primitive, most backward people in Islam (he says really they have no culture or history and one cannot use that term) by circumstance and European/American policy became "Islam" and is exporting it all over the world.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on December 06, 2015, 05:10:28 PM
Interesting thread there. While most, if not all, religions have had, or have, problems, inconsistencies, violence, interpretations, etc over their history but I don't buy into "everything is relative" or "one can't make judgements about other cultures or religions." Islam seems to be the worst of the lot. I have a neighbor from Pakistan who I've know for many decades and he is an adamant atheist but raised Muslim and his wife still is, but he is a ornery old man. His view is that Islam/Muhammed was necessary, back then, because the situation of life was even worse with feuds, bad health, violence, chaos, etc- so they needed someone to enforce "rules." But, unlike the other Ibrahimic religions (mostly) Islam never "grew up," reformed, had new covenants, and so but he says the WORST thing that happened was US (British and then USA and Germans at some points) supporting/buying-oil from the most backward of the Islamic states and "finding" and propping up various fake "royals." He, and his wife tell me that the Pakistani area was much better off under British rule, and even back after independence and post-India war when the legal system and education was still British based, than it is now because the Saudi etc oil&gas money funds all these schools teaching the most radical interpretations of Islam. She says as a girl she could walk around, go to school, shop, no garb, no harassment, no rape, etc. Now, when she goes to visit even older relatives (he won't go back) she never leaves the family compound, cars have shades drawn on them if carrying women, has to wear garb on trip from airport to family compound, etc. Basically, at least according to him, the worst, most primitive, most backward people in Islam (he says really they have no culture or history and one cannot use that term) by circumstance and European/American policy became "Islam" and is exporting it all over the world.
Your neighbor is 100% on the mark.  There can be no solution to radical Islam that allows Saudi, the Gulf States or Pakistan to continue as soveriegn nations, especially the Arabs.  Radical Islam grew from Saudi Wahhabism, and Saudi as constituted will always be an incubator for it.  Making oil deals with Wahhabis was like if Cortez had made a deal with the Aztec. "We have no interest in your religion; we just want to do business."

Meister_000

Quote from: albrecht on December 06, 2015, 05:10:28 PM
Interesting thread there. While most, if not all, religions have had, or have, problems, inconsistencies, violence, interpretations, etc over their history but I don't buy into "everything is relative" or "one can't make judgements about other cultures or religions." Islam seems to be the worst of the lot.

I have a neighbor from Pakistan who I've know for many decades and he is an adamant atheist but raised Muslim and his wife still is, but he is a ornery old man. His view is that Islam/Muhammed was necessary, back then, because the situation of life was even worse with feuds, bad health, violence, chaos, etc- so they needed someone to enforce "rules." But, unlike the other Ibrahimic religions (mostly) Islam never "grew up," reformed, had new covenants, and so on. 

But he says the WORST thing that happened was US (British and then USA and Germans at some points) supporting/buying-oil from the most backward of the Islamic states and "finding" and propping up various fake "royals." He, and his wife tell me that the Pakistani area was much better off under British rule, and even back after independence and post-India war when the legal system and education was still British based, than it is now because the Saudi etc oil&gas money funds all these schools teaching the most radical interpretations of Islam. She says as a girl she could walk around, go to school, shop, no garb, no harassment, no rape, etc. Now, when she goes to visit even older relatives (he won't go back) she never leaves the family compound, cars have shades drawn on them if carrying women, has to wear garb on trip from airport to family compound, etc.

Basically, at least according to him, the worst, most primitive, most backward people in Islam (he says really they have no culture or history and one cannot use that term) by circumstance and European/American policy became "Islam" and is exporting it all over the world.

Confirming yet predating both the oil-card and all our (agreed) observations, this 1924 (French-man) quote, from the same wiki page, puts it nicely vis-a-vis Islam never growing up or "growing up Islam";

André Servier, a historian who lived in French Algeria at the beginning of the 20th century, studied the customs and manners of the North African people. . . .He criticized Islam in his book L’islam et la psychologie du musulman saying, (c.1924) that:

". . . The deadening influence of Islam is well demonstrated by the way in which the Musulman comports himself at different stages of his life. In his early childhood, when the religion has not as yet impregnated his brain, he shows a very lively intelligence and remarkably open mind, accessible to ideas of every kind; but, in proportion as he grows up, and as, through the system of his education, Islam lays hold of him and envelops him, his brain seems to shut up, his judgment to become atrophied, and his intelligence to be stricken by paralysis and irremediable degeneration. . ."

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 06, 2015, 06:06:18 PM
Confirming yet predating both the oil-card and all our (agreed) observations, this 1924 (French-man) quote, from the same wiki page, puts it nicely vis-a-vis Islam never growing up or "growing up Islam";

André Servier, a historian who lived in French Algeria at the beginning of the 20th century, studied the customs and manners of the North African people. . . .He criticized Islam in his book L’islam et la psychologie du musulman saying, (c.1924) that:

". . . The deadening influence of Islam is well demonstrated by the way in which the Musulman comports himself at different stages of his life. In his early childhood, when the religion has not as yet impregnated his brain, he shows a very lively intelligence and remarkably open mind, accessible to ideas of every kind; but, in proportion as he grows up, and as, through the system of his education, Islam lays hold of him and envelops him, his brain seems to shut up, his judgment to become atrophied, and his intelligence to be stricken by paralysis and irremediable degeneration. . ."
Interesting. Islam had periods in which thought, math, etc was promoted discussed. But it wasn't the modern form and even in those times it existed simply because the infidel/kaffirs were paying the tax, killed, or sold into slavery. It will be more so to hear what this character Obama says in a few. I'm guessing the usual "religion of peace" and "diversity is strength" and, possibly, some hang-wringing over what we have done, why aren't we more accepting, and the usual banalities. But, maybe, not? Since public opinion seems, for now, to be overwhelming against terrorism and radicals (and even immigration or "refugees"?)

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on December 06, 2015, 06:38:01 PM
It will be all about gun grabbing.
What I'm guessing also, never let a crisis go to waste, and obviously the guns and civil rights are always on his (and others even before him) agenda, but I'm sure this character Obama will take some time to point out the benefits of Islam etc.

Meister_000

Quote from: albrecht on December 06, 2015, 06:14:26 PM
Interesting. Islam had periods in which thought, math, etc was promoted discussed. But it wasn't the modern form and even in those times it existed simply because the infidel/kaffirs were paying the tax, killed, or sold into slavery. It will be more so to hear what this character Obama says in a few. I'm guessing the usual "religion of peace" and "diversity is strength" and, possibly, some hang-wringing over what we have done, why aren't we more accepting, and the usual banalities. But, maybe, not? Since public opinion seems, for now, to be overwhelming against terrorism and radicals (and even immigration or "refugees"?)

That "Golden Age" is very ancient history, and was very brief, say 800's through 1100's (at most) for its active period, and a period which most moderns would have to reject due to its requisite freedom of thought and speech -- and "rational" thought at that.

And I have no clue what politicians will do in future -- other than stall-for-time any way they can, and try not to be seen as inciting hostilities and its concequences.

The world is in deep-shit trouble with all this. How long are we all supposed to baby-sit the problem-child while other pressing matters also loom, like rising sea-levels, and growing-season changes, and hot/cold/ wet/dry patterns shifting? Or a thousand other matters that require our attention and resources yesterday already. Muslamospheric hyper-vigilance will suck the world dry, kill it, by defering and distracting, an unwitting "submission".

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 06, 2015, 07:32:27 PM
an unwitting "submission".
I see what you did there  ;)
Yes, a problem that is resulting in much cognitive-dissonance, hand-wringing, and harm. Living in the Netherlands for some years I saw whole neighborhoods turn Muslim (often these dirty Moroccans) and most weren't 'religious' but more problems with petty crime, drugs, trashing out the neighborhood, their kids damn modified scooters, whole families not working but on the dole (or work long enough to get benefits) but, even then, it changed and, suddenly, one started to see women in garb, locals wouldn't live in those neighborhoods, "tolerant" businesses close in that area, the local market was almost a no-go for local women, etc. And this was a decade ago. I never saw personally any of the attacks but just general malaise and deterioration of areas. (There were more prominent attacks and killings of homosexuals, artists, politicians etc in more Islamist areas like Rotterdam, Amsterdam, etc then though (Fortuijn)....Theo Van Gogh who made "Submission".)

Meister_000

Quote from: albrecht on December 06, 2015, 07:42:41 PM
I see what you did there  ;)
Yes, a problem that is resulting in much cognitive-dissonance, hand-wringing, and harm. Living in the Netherlands for some years I saw whole neighborhoods turn Muslim (often these dirty Moroccans) and most weren't 'religious' but more problems with petty crime, drugs, trashing out the neighborhood, their kids damn modified scooters, whole families not working but on the dole (or work long enough to get benefits) but, even then, it changed and, suddenly, one started to see women in garb, locals wouldn't live in those neighborhoods, "tolerant" businesses close in that area, the local market was almost a no-go for local women, etc. And this was a decade ago. I never saw personally any of the attacks but just general malaise and deterioration of areas. (There were more prominent attacks and killings of homosexuals, artists, politicians etc in more Islamist areas like Rotterdam, Amsterdam, etc then though (Fortuijn)....Theo Van Gogh who made "Submission".)

I pun!  :)

Other Background:
Pim Fortuyn, Theo van Gogh, (doing Ayaan Hirsi Ali's scripted short film "Submission") and the Politics of Tolerance in the Netherlands

http://publicculture.org/articles/view/18/1/pim-fortuyn-theo-van-gogh-and-the-politics-of-tole

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 06, 2015, 08:05:43 PM
I pun!  :)
Background:
Pim Fortuyn, Theo van Gogh, (doing Ayaan Hirsi Ali's scripted short film "Submission") and the Politics of Tolerance in the Netherlands

http://publicculture.org/articles/view/18/1/pim-fortuyn-theo-van-gogh-and-the-politics-of-tole
Good summary, there were some "worrying" things about Fortuyn, and Van Gogh for that matter, in my mind (and many others) but the killings caused much introspection on the part of people. Having said that it was amazing how kind, shocked, and supportive Dutch people were during 911.  Much squandered since due the Bush wars, though, I think, maybe things are changing again due to the French/Belgium stuff. It changes, like everything with time, but after 911 there were old people etc randomly who would hug and express sympathies me (when I spoke English) and there was still much history/thought/celebrations for what Americans and Brits did for liberating the country from the NAZIs. Streets near me were Eisenhowerlaan, Marshalllaan, Montgomerylaan, etc.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on December 06, 2015, 06:38:01 PM
It will be all about gun grabbing.

Can you explain how that will happen when congress won't even accept a motion to just investigate how to reduce gun crime across society?

Juan

Looks like you eUKs need to do some knife grabbing in London.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on December 07, 2015, 05:21:40 AM
Looks like you eUKs need to do some knife grabbing in London.

Good deflection...Didn't answer the question, but good deflection.

Juan

The word in some quarters is that Mr. Obama is trying to create an executive order to control guns.  Executive orders don't go through Congress. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on December 07, 2015, 05:55:36 AM
The word in some quarters is that Mr. Obama is trying to create an executive order to control guns.  Executive orders don't go through Congress.

Yeah, but you shouldn't believe everything you hear in some quarters. He might not be your cup of tea (Or many others), but he isn't as stupid as some think he is. If he has any ambitions to control firearms, he'll wait until his term in office is done; much more freedom then to say and influence things. C'mon, if being Pres was easy, everyone would apply.

Dr. MD MD

Well, I was listening to the DMDN tonight and there was a guy who was talking about the Paris attacks as "false flag opereations." Not convinced I checked to see what videos conspiracy theorists had come up with since and found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXavIbOQnZw
It does point out some awfully curious things about said events. Feel free to tear it to shreds if you want but remember I'm just the messenger trying to figure out what's what too. So, what do you think?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2016, 10:42:18 PM
Well, I was listening to the DMDN tonight and there was a guy who was talking about the Paris attacks as "false flag opereations." Not convinced I checked to see what videos conspiracy theorists had come up with since and found this:

It does point out some awfully curious things about said events. Feel free to tear it to shreds if you want but remember I'm just the messenger trying to figure out what's what too. So, what do you think?
All of the "inconsistencies" are easily attributed to the fog of instant reporting and outright ignorance or selective omission of what was reported.  "False flag" nuts are in a class of disgust-worthness of their own, and C2C hosted two of them on consecutive nights this week. To my knowledge, there has never been a single shred of hard evidence to back up any of this self-afflicted lunacy since it took off after the OK City bombing.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 10, 2016, 12:03:32 AM
All of the "inconsistencies" are easily attributed to the fog of instant reporting and outright ignorance or selective omission of what was reported.  "False flag" nuts are in a class of disgust-worthness of their own, and C2C hosted two of them on consecutive nights this week. To my knowledge, there has never been a single shred of hard evidence to back up any of this self-afflicted lunacy since it took off after the OK City bombing.

Your response seems a little reflexive, which is understandable given the gravity of the situation. However, what specifically about the inconsistencies presented are you challenging?

Jackstar

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 10, 2016, 12:03:32 AM

pate

Tell me moar about this "incontinence," wait...  This is the PolyShit thrrud.  Dammint.

ediot: Eye gives yup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf7IhbTW2Vc

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2016, 02:08:52 AM
Your response seems a little reflexive, which is understandable given the gravity of the situation. However, what specifically about the inconsistencies presented are you challenging?
Basing an ugly-as-hell false flag accusation on what Geraldo's daughter was texting while the thing was still ongoing, and reporting was confused as hell, is twisted and should be described as such.  Every time one of these turds gets exposure, another weak suspicious mind says "duh, well, maybe."  And people wonder why a Trump is leading virtual torchlight parades in America?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 10, 2016, 03:50:33 PM
Basing an ugly-as-hell false flag accusation on what Geraldo's daughter was texting while the thing was still ongoing, and reporting was confused as hell, is twisted and should be described as such.  Every time one of these turds gets exposure, another weak suspicious mind says "duh, well, maybe."  And people wonder why a Trump is leading virtual torchlight parades in America?

You still sounds pretty emotional in tone. I tend to think of questioning as a sign of mental health rather than a weakness. I'd say it's more of a question than an accusation but didn't it go down that way? I mean, he is just presenting unedited news coverage.

Jackstar

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 10, 2016, 03:50:33 PM
an ugly-as-hell false flag accusation

I don't know how such things could be ugly as hell, because exposing corruption is always a good idea. ALWAYS. Why so sensitive?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Jackstar on January 10, 2016, 04:01:13 PM
I don't know how such things could be ugly as hell, because exposing corruption is always a good idea. ALWAYS. Why so sensitive?
False flag paranoia accuses innocent people of massacre.  It's a repulsive element of conspiracy obsession by itself, worse because it exploits  murder and tragedy to spread its poison among the chronically suspicious.  False flag slimers are no better than kiddie porn users.  If my lack of tolerance upsets you, tough nooggies.