• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 09, 2017, 03:57:06 PM
In the case of Mr. Kushner, an exception to that law should be made, because he wouldn't be considered if he weren't the most qualified person for the job, and as far as we know his ethics and integrity are beyond all reproach.

Exactly. In fact, if the Trump followers were capable of connecting dots they'd be concerned about Kushner and his father's cozy relationship with the Democrats. And, if the the Alt-Right Trump devotees could read, they'd find that Kushner and his wife--Trump's daughter Ivanka--are Orthodox Jews.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 04:01:34 PM
What do you think the Russians expect in return?  I think we are seeing that in action

We shall see.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 09, 2017, 03:49:32 PM
I guess you aren't aware of the Federal Anti-Nepotism Statue from 1967, in response to the JFK-RFK appointment.

If you want to sling insults you'll need to brush up on your history.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3110

I didn't know that. It would seem Trumper is about to fall foul then. Still, if he says it isn't against the law, that should be okay.

TigerLily

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 09, 2017, 03:57:06 PM
In the case of Mr. Kushner, an exception to that law should be made, because he wouldn't be considered if he weren't the most qualified person for the job, and as far as we know his ethics and integrity are beyond all reproach.

Republicans don't like ethics, remember?

WASHINGTON â€" Republicans in the US House of Representatives agreed on Monday to weaken a nonpartisan ethics watchdog on the grounds it had grown too intrusive, prompting Democrats to charge they were scaling back independent oversight ahead of a new legislative session. Reuters

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 04:03:15 PM
As long as they're down with building a wall to keep you lot out break out the vodka, comrade!  ;D

I'm an American citizen who pays my taxes. Unlike your boyfriend. None of his money will go into building your wall. Leaves more for you and me to pay

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2017, 03:44:54 PM
That reminds me; is the canal still owned by the Chinese? Will Trump try to get that back?  ;D

No the Chinese just have a contract with the Panamanians that would allow them to control access at both ends if the balloon went up.  Nothing to worry about there.

K_Dubb

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 04:09:53 PM
We have seen

Seriously, most of you are like that friend you watch a movie with who busily whispers in your ear the whole time predicting what will happen.  I think I'm the only one enjoying the show.

TigerLily

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 09, 2017, 04:15:53 PM
Seriously, most of you are like that friend you watch a movie with who busily whispers in your ear the whole time predicting what will happen.  I think I'm the only one enjoying the show.

You're right. And I usually like scary movies. But this one ...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 04:14:07 PM
I'm an American citizen who pays my taxes. Unlike your boyfriend. None of his money will go into building your wall. Leaves more for you and me to pay

but you've told us repeatedly that you're Mexican and live in Mexico. Just trolling?  ???

Yorkshire pud

Its a trivial thing in the scheme of things, but is this clown actually capable of saying anything after checking? He's so wrapped up in his own little world of self gratification he says whatever he thinks sounds good to him. 

“We are going to have an unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout for the inauguration, and there will be plenty of movie and entertainment stars,” Mr. Trump said. “All the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It’s hard to find a great dress for this inauguration.”

Well, this apparently comes as a surprise to shopkeepers in the Washington-area, who state that they have plenty of gowns on hand still.

The Washington Post decided to fact-check this somewhat off-hand remark and found that stores both big and small in D.C. have a lot of merchandise on stock. And a lot of variety too.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 04:19:13 PM
You're right. And I usually like scary movies. But this one ...

I usually reserve these for pud's silliness but you earned it, kid!  ;)

Juan

The Clintons were sued under the anti-nepotism law when Bill appointed Hillary to run the healthcare bill committee.  A federal judge decided that it did not apply to presidential aides.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2017, 04:29:28 PM
Its a trivial thing in the scheme of things, but is this clown actually capable of saying anything after checking? He's so wrapped up in his own little world of self gratification he says whatever he thinks sounds good to him.

You have, typically, missed his nuance:  it's the great ones that are sold out.

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 01, 2017, 01:46:22 PM
The Queen gon' be really mad!

You guys need to start building your own airplanes again anyway so you can fill up your carriers with new Dehavilland Bluebottles or some other silly name like you do.

This still remains my favorite post on this whole monstrous thread.   

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Juan on January 09, 2017, 04:31:34 PM
The Clintons were sued under the anti-nepotism law when Bill appointed Hillary to run the healthcare bill committee.  A federal judge decided that it did not apply to presidential aides.
Also considered in the decision was the fact that Clinton received no salary for her position. Senior advisor to the president is a paid position. Jared Kushner has not said whether he would forgo a salary, but since he's also promised to divest his business interests, one wonders how he would support himself and his family in the lifestyle to which they are accustomed on little to no income. We can be sure the Trump legal experts are hard at work attempting to resolve these issues. It would be a shame see the Trumps forced to choose between money, or power.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 04:30:03 PM
I usually reserve these for pud's silliness but you earned it, kid!  ;)

I see your chicken little and raise you one nasty little shit

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 09, 2017, 05:02:40 PM
Also considered in the decision was the fact that Clinton received no salary for her position. Senior advisor to the president is a paid position. Jared Kushner has not said whether he would forgo a salary, but since he's also promised to divest his business interests, one wonders how he would support himself and his family in the lifestyle to which they are accustomed on little to no income. We can be sure the Trump legal experts are hard at work attempting to resolve these issues. It would be a shame see the Trumps forced to choose between money, or power.

You do realize that Kushner holds assets in excess of 200 mil. don't you.  It's kind of you to worry but if he gets into a financial bind he'll just have to get a part time job.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 05:13:09 PM
I see your chicken little and raise you one nasty little shit

I know you're not listening. You're too xenophobic to listen to anyone outside your echo chamber.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Its interesting that there's been little mention of Trump's blatant lying over the Intelligence report over Russian hacking. He was briefed the classified version (the bits with sources and methods used) the day before the public version came out. Both versions have identical conclusions. The public version says so at the top of each page.

Anyway, Trump came out in writing to say that the report concluded the hacking had "absolutely no effect on the election".

Actually; the report said no such thing. It said in both versions: "We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election"

And that "there were attempts to hack the RNC, but the RNC had strong hacking defences and the hackers were successful"

Really?

Naaa. the report actually said: Russia collected on some Republican affiliated targets, but did not did not conduct a comparable disclosure campaign"

They got similar stuff to the Dems, they just needed to keep their bitch on a string, and make sure he won, but won, owing them.

Trump lies through his teeth and some don't care and some believe him.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 05:16:37 PM
I know you're not listening. You're too xenophobic to listen to anyone outside your echo chamber.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 01:07:36 PM
Americans. I know you'll never understand that being a dirty Mexican. Kisses from this side of the border.  :-*

Right

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 09, 2017, 05:14:42 PM
You do realize that Kushner holds assets in excess of 200 mil. don't you.  It's kind of you to worry but if he gets into a financial bind he'll just have to get a part time job.

Holding assets doesn't equate to having actual money. Especially if those assets are invested in the volitile stock market. If he finds himself in a bind however, I suppose he can always file for bankruptcy several times like his father-in-law did.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2017, 05:21:25 PM
Its interesting that there's been little mention of Trump's blatant lying over the Intelligence report over Russian hacking. He was briefed the classified version (the bits with sources and methods used) the day before the public version came out. Both versions have identical conclusions. The public version says so at the top of each page.

Anyway, Trump came out in writing to say that the report concluded the hacking had "absolutely no effect on the election".

Actually; the report said no such thing. It said in both versions that the assessment it actually said: "We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election"

And that "there were attempts to hack the RNC, but the RNC had strong hacking defences and the hackers were successful"

Really?

Naaa. the report actually said: Russia collected on some Republican affiliated targets, but did not did not conduct a comparable disclosure campaign"

They got similar stuff to the Dems, they just needed to keep their bitch on a string, and make sure he won, but won, owing them.

Trump lies through his teeth and some don't care and some believe him.

He doesn't lie he just has a different relationship with the  truth than most. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 09, 2017, 05:23:40 PM
Holding assets doesn't equate to having actual money. Especially if those assets are invested in the volitile stock market. If he finds himself in a bind however, I suppose he can always file for bankruptcy several times like his father-in-law did.

No you're right he probably hasn't any more than 50 mil. In liquid assets to his name.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 09, 2017, 05:26:51 PM
He doesn't lie he just has a different relationship with the  truth than most.

;D

Lt.Uhura

Jared Kushner's Things to Do list before moving in to the White House:

Sell 666 Fifth Avenue to the Chinese.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/us/politics/jared-kushner-trump-business.html

Mr. Wu and Mr. Kushner â€" who is married to Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka and is one of his closest advisers â€" were nearing agreement on a joint venture in Manhattan: the redevelopment of 666 Fifth Avenue, the fading crown jewel of the Kushner family real-estate empire. Anbang, which has close ties to the Chinese state, has seen its aggressive efforts to buy up hotels in the United States slowed amid concerns raised by Obama administration officials who review foreign investments for national security risk.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 05:16:37 PM

No you're wrong about that doc.  I've never heard her utter a single word against a Xeno.  I'd even be willing to bet that some of her best friends are Xenos.  You're being too harsh.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 09, 2017, 06:08:29 PM
No you're wrong about that doc.  I've never heard her utter a single word against a Xeno.  I'd even be willing to bet that some of her best friends are Xenos.  You're being too harsh.

That seems to be MD's style these days.  Insult first, ask questions later.  I used to like MD a lot but he is showing very little tolerance for other views these days.  If Trump was half the Hitler some liberals think he is, MD would make an excellent Goebbels.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 09, 2017, 04:04:39 PM
Exactly. In fact, if the Trump followers were capable of connecting dots they'd be concerned about Kushner and his father's cozy relationship with the Democrats. And, if the the Alt-Right Trump devotees could read, they'd find that Kushner and his wife--Trump's daughter Ivanka--are Orthodox Jews.

Okay, you've convinced me his appointment is a bad idea, because he's part of the cabal that controls Hollywood. That means Meryl Streep's Golden Globes screeching tirade was delivered with his permission and approval. If it had been otherwise, he and his co-conspirators would have muzzled her like the rabid cur she is.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 09, 2017, 06:13:47 PM
That seems to be MD's style these days.  Insult first, ask questions later.  I used to like MD a lot but he is showing very little tolerance for other views these days.  If Trump was half the Hitler some liberals think he is, MD would make an excellent Goebbels.

Jeez, you just stepped on my attempt at humor.  Why doesn't everybody just lighten up.  Where's the love?