CNN.com
3 (4.3%)
George Noory
10 (14.3%)
Other source
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

ziznak

I love it when men who don't get laid at all talk about how female biology works.

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on August 22, 2012, 02:20:04 PMAkins isn't the first nut bag to be completely stupid on the subject of rape and the physiology of fertilization.
correction: he is the first nutbag to be OPENLY completely stupid on the subject of rape and the physiology of fertilization.  most nutbags are closeted about how willfully ignorant they are

Quote from: ziznakI love it when men who don't get laid at all talk about how female biology works.

^^^^ applause

MV/Liberace!

beyond what this akin said (which really requires no commentary), he just LOOKS like someone i'd like to punch in the fucking face.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on August 22, 2012, 02:20:04 PM
Akins isn't the first nut bag to be completely stupid on the subject of rape and the physiology of fertilization.

These dumb fucks should have to have a tattoo on their foreheads indicating just how fucking stupid they are.
Akin shared an opinion I'd expect from the average talk show caller...but for someone holding public office, it's truly horrifying. And for him to not have stepped down by now shows how non compos mentis he is.

And I just had a conversation with a relative about "if he was a Democrat, the press wouldn't cover this" he whined. I informed him that a Democrat would never say this...even the Bible Belt conservative Dems(the handful that haven't switched to the party of Lincoln yet) would have the sense to keep their yap shut.

What's worse for the country, someone that doesn't believe in personal achievement and responsibilty ('You didn't build that'), or someone saying something stupid that was actually likely a misstatement?

What politicians should resign, the ones like Congressman Bill Jefferson that keeps $100k bribes in bills in their freezers, people like Barney Frank that kept a boyfriend living in his house turning tricks during the day, or this guy?  What about all the stuff Bill Clinton said and did, or people brimming with hate like Ted Kennedy was?

I'm all for getting rid of idiots, phonies, and criminals, but why always the double standard?  Compare/contrast the comments and related treatment of Biden and Palin the past 4 years.  Or Obama himself when he gets off the teleprompter. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2012, 05:15:27 PMWhat's worse for the country, someone that doesn't believe in personal achievement and responsibilty ('You didn't build that'), or someone saying something stupid that was actually likely a misstatement?
Thanks for confirming what I already suspected: that you are woefully uninformed and get most of your "news" from Romney campaign commercials. Here's some KoolAid. Drink up

Juan

I work with a guy who is 26.  I asked him if he knew what "drink the Kool Aid" meant.  He had no idea.  Made me feel old.

Rumors are that the Missouri Democrats spent $1.5 million on getting Akins his primary victory.  Looks like money well spent.

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2012, 05:15:27 PM
What's worse for the country, someone that doesn't believe in personal achievement and responsibilty ('You didn't build that'), or someone saying something stupid that was actually likely a misstatement?

What politicians should resign, the ones like Congressman Bill Jefferson that keeps $100k bribes in bills in their freezers, people like Barney Frank that kept a boyfriend living in his house turning tricks during the day, or this guy?  What about all the stuff Bill Clinton said and did, or people brimming with hate like Ted Kennedy was?

I'm all for getting rid of idiots, phonies, and criminals, but why always the double standard?  Compare/contrast the comments and related treatment of Biden and Palin the past 4 years.  Or Obama himself when he gets off the teleprompter.

Although I can understand your stance, the two sides of the road argument really isn't the issue here. Yes taking bribes is wrong. Yes people say stupid things. You think Ted Kennedy was full of hate I think that of Newt.

The issue here is one of stupidity with the authority to enact laws based on that stupidity. And make no mistake here this thought process blames the victim for the consequences. There are many issues where debate is or should be welcomed. This isn't one of those areas.

The General

Quote from: MV on August 22, 2012, 02:35:56 PM
beyond what this akin said (which really requires no commentary), he just LOOKS like someone i'd like to punch in the fucking face.
God dammit I miss your podcast

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 22, 2012, 06:19:43 PM
I work with a guy who is 26.  I asked him if he knew what "drink the Kool Aid" meant.  He had no idea.  Made me feel old.

To Kool-Aid's eternal chagrin, it was actually the cheap grape "Flavor Aid" that Jones used on his flock.

Quote from: b_dubb on August 22, 2012, 05:21:51 PM
Thanks for confirming what I already suspected: that you are woefully uninformed and get most of your "news" from Romney campaign commercials. Here's some KoolAid. Drink up
No kidding. Too bad Paperboy's mom's body didn't "shut that whole thing down".

Here's some KoolAid. Drink up

Said one of the people that fell for 'hope and change' and 'bringing us all together' last time around

Zircon

Blubb_blubb, (West?) Coaster and (Uncle) Ben seem to be an "Axis of Evil" (boogah! boogah!) in this forum. Of course, that is according to my what I feel is a "confirmation" of my "suspicions".

I'd certainly like to hear from some of the women posters around here (based on avatars) like Jasmine, Lovely Bones, Sioux2, ChewMouse and others that I can't think of at the moment.

Zircon

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2012, 08:16:08 PM

Said one of the people that fell for 'hope and change' and 'bringing us all together' last time around
Well, he "hoped for change" and by god, he got it. So how are those stitches healing in your ass Obama lover or are you still waiting in line at the government clinic?

onan

I don't get it. Even republicans including Paul Ryan are asking this bloviated conjunction of monkey puss and dog vomit to step down.

Yet a few posters here are trying to frame this as a political issue. It isn't. But rather than just say "thinking rape doesn't cause pregnancy is scary" this has turned into a "my team is better than yours". Sorry guys but you are assholes to go down that road.

Now you need a woman's point of view. Do you think anyone female or otherwise is going to support that? I can certainly see a "I can forgive his stupidity" position. But that isn't the direction that was taken.

Quote from: onan on August 23, 2012, 12:59:47 AM
I don't get it. Even republicans including Paul Ryan are asking this bloviated conjunction of monkey puss and dog vomit to step down.

Yet a few posters here are trying to frame this as a political issue. It isn't. But rather than just say "thinking rape doesn't cause pregnancy is scary" this has turned into a "my team is better than yours". Sorry guys but you are assholes to go down that road.

Now you need a woman's point of view. Do you think anyone female or otherwise is going to support that? I can certainly see a "I can forgive his stupidity" position. But that isn't the direction that was taken.

The direction this has taken is that any D can say any stupid or asinine or inflamitory or rascist or belittleing thing imaginible - and do it routinely with little notice at all, no lie is ever too low, no name calling is ever beyond the pale, but anything an R ever says, any misstatement, anything that someone somewhere doesn't agree with is immediately made into headlines that literally stretch across years.  People are beyond tired of the double standard.  If that is truly incomprehensible, then fine.

It has little to do with this particular Congressman or his dumb comment.  As if he is going to the Senate and singlehandedly change the entire way this country treats women - sheesh, the absurdity here is thinking that could possibly be the case.

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 23, 2012, 02:25:16 AM

The direction this has taken is that any D can say any stupid or asinine or inflamitory or rascist or belittleing thing imaginible - and do it routinely with little notice at all, no lie is ever too low, no name calling is ever beyond the pale, but anything an R ever says, any misstatement, anything that someone somewhere doesn't agree with is immediately made into headlines that literally stretch across years.  People are beyond tired of the double standard.  If that is truly incomprehensible, then fine.

It has little to do with this particular Congressman or his dumb comment.  As if he is going to the Senate and singlehandedly change the entire way this country treats women - sheesh, the absurdity here is thinking that could possibly be the case.

As much as you want to turn this into a "he touched me first" childish argument, it isn't going to happen. Akin isn't some harmless voice in a see of stupidity. And for anyone to reduce the subject to that is (as I have said before) disengenuous and intellectually dishonest.

Just so you know, pregnancy occurs about 30-40 percent of the time with intercourse approximately 3 days prior to ovulation. About 10 percent of the time within 24 hours prior to ovulation. My area of expertise is in psychiatry not Ob-Gyn. But take it from me the stats are pretty close. Approximately 5 percent of rapes turn into pregnancies.

Todd Akins, Steve Freind, Leon Holmes, Henry Aldridge and if I did a thourough search I could probably find more.

stevesh

Quote from: onan on August 23, 2012, 04:45:15 AM

Todd Akins, Steve Freind, Leon Holmes, Henry Aldridge

Sounds like the makings of a very special roundtable discussion on next Saturday's Coast To Coast AM with John B. Wells, of Mr. Aldridge's new book, "He-Man Lovin' - No Bun In The Oven".

Zircon

Quote from: onan on August 23, 2012, 04:45:15 AM
As much as you want to turn this into a "he touched me first" childish argument, it isn't going to happen. Akin isn't some harmless voice in a see of stupidity. And for anyone to reduce the subject to that is (as I have said before) disengenuous and intellectually dishonest.

Just so you know, pregnancy occurs about 30-40 percent of the time with intercourse approximately 3 days prior to ovulation. About 10 percent of the time within 24 hours prior to ovulation. My area of expertise is in psychiatry not Ob-Gyn. But take it from me the stats are pretty close. Approximately 5 percent of rapes turn into pregnancies.

Todd Akins, Steve Freind, Leon Holmes, Henry Aldridge and if I did a thourough search I could probably find more.
Onan, how does that 40% correlate to Basal temperature? There is only a small window in a 30-day cycle where pregnancy can actually occur. Not challenging but asking.

coaster

Quote from: Zircon on August 22, 2012, 09:09:25 PM
Blubb_blubb, (West?) Coaster and (Uncle) Ben seem to be an "Axis of Evil" (boogah! boogah!) in this forum. Of course, that is according to my what I feel is a "confirmation" of my "suspicions".

I'd certainly like to hear from some of the women posters around here (based on avatars) like Jasmine, Lovely Bones, Sioux2, ChewMouse and others that I can't think of at the moment.
Don't you have a clan meeting to go to? You're only mad at me because your racist ass made a self pity thread and it didn't get you the attention and acceptance you were looking for. Don't get mad at me just because you're a weird little paranoid racist. That's not my fault. Why don't you go make another thread threatening to leave this site because no one likes you..

Zircon

Quote from: onan on August 23, 2012, 12:59:47 AM

Hmmm ... a "political issue". To suggest a woman has an anti-rape contraception bio-mechanism is lunacy - we agree. Onan, the guy is obviously a moron on these issues. Embarrassment is what the GOP is trying to avoid. "See folks, we clean our own house of idiots" is the message being conveyed. Won't get them a single vote.

What do his campaign ideas offer the voters of Missouri that gave him a double-digit lead over an incumbent? Don't we have democrats who've said equally as stupid things? Are the democrats telling them to hit the road? While the republican leadership wants him to go, the people of Missouri (the true deciders in this) should have the final say. I am not defending him or saying he is a republican so must receive a pass. Let the voters throw him out if they so choose. The RNC, like the DNC, regard Missouri as little more than a set number of electoral votes anyway so lets keep this in mind. The guy could be Satan but if he played the game he'd get RNC support.

If woman's issues are discussed and you're not a woman (or if male you'd better be a democrat) then you're expected to shut your mouth since you're an ass hole by default. GOP men and women was a political issue before he uttered a word.

Zircon

Quote from: coaster on August 23, 2012, 07:02:42 AM
Don't you have a clan meeting to go to? You're only mad at me because your racist ass made a self pity thread and it didn't get you the attention and acceptance you were looking for. Don't get mad at me just because you're a weird little paranoid racist. That's not my fault. Why don't you go make another thread threatening to leave this site because no one likes you..
So, I'm into self pity? No "Coasties", that is a democratic trait. Usually results in another "victim" handout from the government.

Hell coasties, I'm not mad at you. How can I be mad at a piece of cardboard with coffee mug stains on it?

You are so funny, I enjoy reading your stuff. Shallow, predictable and very pussy.

coaster

I don't think I've ever posted my political views on this site. I don't think I've ever even mentioned disagreeing with your views. So whats with this "axis of evil" nonsense?

Zircon

You chime in with blubb_blubb and Ben do you not?

coaster

Quote from: Zircon on August 23, 2012, 07:32:58 AM
You chime in with blubb_blubb and Ben do you not?
I do believe I "rolled my eyes" once in a conversation you were having after you mentioned you'd like to see his "black ass" out of office. Other than that, I don't think I've ever chose a side. I'm not a fan of the current administration, I'm also not a fan of Romney. I'm also not a fan of racism. If this makes me evil, so be it.

Zircon

Quote from: coaster on August 23, 2012, 07:37:10 AM
I do believe I "rolled my eyes" once in a conversation you were having after you mentioned you'd like to see his "black ass" out of office. Other than that, I don't think I've ever chose a side. I'm not a fan of the current administration, I'm also not a fan of Romney. I'm also not a fan of racism. If this makes me evil, so be it.
I used the term, "Axis of Evil" without actually thinking you were a person who was in fact EVIL. And his "black ass" can be evaluated as you wish but it certainly doesn't make me a KLAN kind of guy. So I will assume you meant that as an typical web-chat kind of insult without any real intent or condemnation as to my character.

Yep, he is black and he has a special "allowance" for blacks. Neither Romney nor Ryan can play the racist game yet Obama and Holder clearly do. He targets groups of minorities for political gain. Isn't racism and favoritism the same regardless of who practices it or how they practice it?

I too don't like Obama (OMG! what a revelation!) and don't have any blind faith in republicans either. I've said this many times in this forum. They're both interested in their parties and people who fund them - I mean the really big people. Odd as it may seem, I've been around the block a couple of times and am no virgin when it comes to dealing with the well to do and powerful. We have a lot more in common than you might think Coaster.

onan

Quote from: Zircon on August 23, 2012, 07:11:45 AM
Hmmm ... a "political issue". To suggest a woman has an anti-rape contraception bio-mechanism is lunacy - we agree. Onan, the guy is obviously a moron on these issues. Embarrassment is what the GOP is trying to avoid. "See folks, we clean our own house of idiots" is the message being conveyed. Won't get them a single vote.

What do his campaign ideas offer the voters of Missouri that gave him a double-digit lead over an incumbent? Don't we have democrats who've said equally as stupid things? Are the democrats telling them to hit the road? While the republican leadership wants him to go, the people of Missouri (the true deciders in this) should have the final say. I am not defending him or saying he is a republican so must receive a pass. Let the voters throw him out if they so choose. The RNC, like the DNC, regard Missouri as little more than a set number of electoral votes anyway so lets keep this in mind. The guy could be Satan but if he played the game he'd get RNC support.

If woman's issues are discussed and you're not a woman (or if male you'd better be a democrat) then you're expected to shut your mouth since you're an ass hole by default. GOP men and women was a political issue before he uttered a word.

I am not very familiar with Akin. I do know he is on the "House Science Committee". That is a WTF moment all by itself. I think the margin between him and McCaskill is showing in her favor... Real Clear Politics.

I believe him to be a cookie cutter republican with rote conservative points. So I am not a fan. But I heard his apology and call me a softy I believed it to be sincere. Still, he did say he had used the wrong words but his misstatement isn't about a word or two. It is about being an adult with a great deal of authority and not knowing something as basic as procreation.

To being an asshole by default... doesn't that give one pause?  I mean, if what you are saying is considered badly, by such a wide brush, couldn't it be time to rethink an issue?

To your question about Basal temp... I am not an Ob-Gyn kinda guy. I can't begin to explain the complexities of the endocrine system and the menstrual cycle and pregnancy. I do know that during the ~ 28 day cycle, estrogen is the primary hormone during the first 2 weeks. Then an "egg" is released (the complexities of this moment by itself are staggering). with the release of said egg progesterone levels increase and body temp rises. So a higher basal temp after release of egg. If the egg disintegrates the progesterone levels drop. If the egg is fertilized I believe the basal temp remains high during the first trimester. You now know as much about the menstrual cycle as I do.

ziznak

I'm quite educated on all of the procreation mechanics myself and see it as just that.  Yes, there are many factors involved but in the end it is simply a mechanical function of chemicals and DNA.  Regardless of a womans thought patterns at the time of insemination I just can't understand how some people insist on linking the two.  The argument that a woman can't get pregnant unless she in some way "wanted to" can be killed in one fell stroke with the "passed out pregnancy" argument.  Akins has proven himself a member of the douche-bag pile that most politicians tend to fall into when they are forced to think on their feet.

Zircon

Yep, Akin is a douche-bag like you say Ziz. Hopefully he will get out regardless of what the stated reason is.

ziznak

I was just thinking... with all this racialness lately... you know Osama... oops my bad,  I meant Obama, will most likely get re-elected since Black people will actually vote again.  It's the sure-fire democratic way to get some stooge in office actually... I wouldn't be surprised if the next demo in line is black as well.  Totally makes sense tho I don't know why we haven't had any Tom's elected in the past.  Now, paleeeze do not get me wrong here I'm not hangin with Zircon at the local crossburnings I'm just making an observation... politically my loyalties lie with parties that at this stage are non-existant...

Note: this was actually an edit on my earlier post but grew into it's own thing... also, I keep my personal political views out of the forum for the most part as to me it would seem off topic... and one more thing...

zircon... im joking about the clan meetings... pick me up at 12.