• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Frys Girl

Quote from: The General on December 01, 2011, 10:06:12 PM
I feel your pain.  It's almost like the Republicans are going to run a puffy white guy just to lose the election on purpose.  Again.
I'll be honest. I'm over Herman Cain or any candidate who can't admit to an affair. I respect honesty. If he can't fess up about his infidelity, I don't trust him. However, count on the Huffington Post to go digging to make Gloria Cain look foolish. I'm sure it's helping a lot. They have an entire expose on how she has had to look the other way and live separately yadda yadda. The two have three grandkids. Of course, I might be wrong and she is the source of these "insider claims."

Scully

Quote from: b_dubb on December 02, 2011, 02:15:05 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6150066

conspiracy.  one of the people trying to mount the coup was prescott bush.  dubbya's granddaddy

I read it, b_dubb.  I read it.  Thanks.  :(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on December 01, 2011, 07:41:48 PM
...and a lot of his accusers were other Republicans.

that frequently seems to be the case in these scandals.  a lot of people don't know anita hill was a republican.

Frys Girl

My breakfast today was amazing. Black coffee, scrambled eggs, bacon, and links. We need a food folder in this forum.

punkinpie

I've spent the last two weeks in ICU with my 43 year-old husband.  He had a brain aneurysm burst on November 21st.  It's been rough, but he is recovering quickly.  He had a grade 4 bleed. (the worst) There is a possibility that I can take him home this week. 

We've never had a joint checking account.  We each had separate bills and bank accounts because that's what worked for us.  In this situation it presented a problem.  I had no idea what he owed and when it was paid.  If you are in a similar situation with a spouse, please write down your passwords for each other! 

Luckily, within three or four days he was able to tell me, before anything was past-due.  Even with the passwords it was quite a puzzle to recreate his schedule when I was mentally not all there because of all we'd been through.

The General

Quote from: punkinpie on December 04, 2011, 03:30:56 PM
I've spent the last two weeks in ICU with my 43 year-old husband.  He had a brain aneurysm burst on November 21st.  It's been rough, but he is recovering quickly.  He had a grade 4 bleed. (the worst) There is a possibility that I can take him home this week. 

We've never had a joint checking account.  We each had separate bills and bank accounts because that's what worked for us.  In this situation it presented a problem.  I had no idea what he owed and when it was paid.  If you are in a similar situation with a spouse, please write down your passwords for each other! 

Luckily, within three or four days he was able to tell me, before anything was past-due.  Even with the passwords it was quite a puzzle to recreate his schedule when I was mentally not all there because of all we'd been through.
Oh, man, sorry to hear about it.  Speedy recovery to him. 

My wife and I have decided to join everything financially.  It seems to make more sense.  It forces us to communicate, and agree on our money and our goals.  Supposedly money problems are the largest cause of divorce in the USA.  A marriage that has separate checking accounts sounds more like a financial joint venture to me.  Anyway, not trying to pick on you or change your mind. 

Avi

Quote from: punkinpie on December 04, 2011, 03:30:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your husband, but I'm glad he seems to be recovering - maybe well enough to go home.

MV/Liberace!

i'm glad your husband is going home.  a happy ending.

b_dubb

punkinpie ... my best to you and your family

Frys Girl

Punkin, good luck to you and your husband. I hope he'll be home soon!

MV/Liberace!

there were 832 unique coastgab visitors on sunday according to google analytics.  wow.  that's a record.

Silent

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 05, 2011, 02:17:59 AM
there were 832 unique coastgab visitors on sunday according to google analytics.  wow.  that's a record.

Maybe Fort Rock discovered proxy servers.

b_dubb

my friends streamlink subscription expired.  which means my streamlink subscription expired.  and i won't be paying for access to the shows.  especially since Ian is only going to be on once a month

Frys Girl

1. I am sick of dub step music. Can this fad kill itself? I've already heard it creep into TV commercials for North Face and Beats by Dre.

2. I'm terrified of the shit Newt Gingrich is going to do to Ron Paul for going in on him with an ad. Newt is an asshole and he's mighty insecure when people of his own party come for him.

Eddie Coyle

Oxymoron..."Aol News". Especially since it merged with Evita Huffington.

Tomorrow starts my whirlwind holiday travel tour (Operational name: "Amber Variation 2").  Boots on the ground in Chicago on Friday, paratroops in L.A. by New Years.  Happy holidays... see you on the flipside in 2012, Coastgabbers!

:)

slipstream

Quote from: b_dubb on December 05, 2011, 10:12:19 PM
my friends streamlink subscription expired.  which means my streamlink subscription expired.  and i won't be paying for access to the shows.  especially since Ian is only going to be on once a month

Why isn't your friend interested in renewing? (Do I have to ask?)

b_dubb

Quote from: slipstream on December 09, 2011, 07:06:52 AM

Why isn't your friend interested in renewing? (Do I have to ask?)
I'm not sure. They may have upgraded the service so that many users can login to the service using the same credentials ;)

Or it may have been excessive suckage. Take your pick

Eddie Coyle

I admit to taking LSD and Angel Dust in my youth...

I'm hoping I'm having flashbacks to those days, because I just saw a fucking commercial for a "Chia Obama". Please tell me that I'm in altered state....there's no fuckin' way there are Chia Obamas, right?

Morgus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 12, 2011, 01:16:11 AMPlease tell me that I'm in altered state....there's no fuckin' way there are Chia Obamas, right?
i just did a google search and found this website: www.chiaobama.com

Here it is:

They appear to have 4 different Chia sets: