George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

EvB

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on May 04, 2008, 04:04:53 AM
8) mp3 file link -->  Noory 8)

Oh THANK YOU!  I'm sitting here writing the most aggravating assignment imaginable (try tracing the roots of the word "silly" - it's changing definitions, and citing middle English examples thereof. BORE BORE BORE!!!) I took a break and found this.  Made my freakin DAY!

MV/Liberace!

is everything a race issue with you?  You want a list of stupid quotes by Art Bell? Just take a transcript of ANY ONE of his shows and there you go.  any line that starts with "ART/AB:....." is gonna be a stupid quote.
your posts aren't really contributing anything to the site.  we get it.  you like george fucking noory.  lovely.

some people come here and contribute works of literary art.  others (namely you) come here, squat over their keyboard, and squeeze one off onto the keys and press the post button.

please become more interesting.  please.

Spikegirl

A caller had called in to say that he thinks someone strange he saw on the pier might have been an Angel, since a few minutes later, this caller nearly drowned, but miraculously found himself in between 2 large rocks where he was safe and able to get his bearings again. Then the Snoron says, Aquaman saved you!  Only a mental midget would say something like that. Or a five year old. Yeah, nice choice of heros.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 05, 2008, 07:09:12 PM

Then the Snoron says, Aquaman saved you!  Only a mental midget would say something like that. Or a five year old. Yeah, nice choice of heros. Reflects a lot on you.

Or someone who drinks a LOT more Vino than he admits to (a glass or two on the w/e)  And yes - I heard him say that to a gust who was talking about the health benefits of wine.

EvB

OH MY HOLLY FREAKIN's WHATEVER DEITY!

I just finished read the last post that had been made since I last checked, and got an animated banner ad that said George, George GEORGE!

Then . . .

Wait for it  . .

Of the JUNGLE!

I'm seriously punchy from finals (this is a study break) but I'm laughing here.

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on May 05, 2008, 07:13:03 PM

Then the Snoron says, Aquaman saved you!  Only a mental midget would say something like that. Or a five year old. Yeah, nice choice of heros. Reflects a lot on you.

Or someone who drinks a LOT more Vino than he admits to (a glass or two on the w/e)  And yes - I heard him say that to a gust who was talking about the health benefits of wine.

I remember that! It's like saying you read Playboy for the interesting articles. George said that he drinks wine for the *health benefits* of the reservatrol in the wine. Of course, the same benefits of reservatrol could be gotten from simply buying reservatrol pills at a health food store. But I guess George prefers his reservatrol in liquid form.

A caller had called in to say that he thinks someone strange he saw on the pier might have been an Angel, since a few minutes later, this caller nearly drowned, but miraculously found himself in between 2 large rocks where he was safe and able to get his bearings again. Then the Snoron says, Aquaman saved you!  Only a mental midget would say something like that. Or a five year old. Yeah, nice choice of heros. Reflects a lot on you.

GOLDSTAR for Spikegirl. Thanks for the good looking out with the actual scenario of the comment.  Next time, if you can add anything or correct anything, don't hesitate girl.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 05, 2008, 07:21:34 PM
Of course, the same benefits of reservatrol could be gotten from simply buying reservatrol pills at a health food store. But I guess George prefers his reservatrol in liquid form.

Okay - I love bashing George - but there's that whole "log in our own eye" thing - ya know?  SCREW the pills!  I'll take mine slightly chilled and liquid, thanks.  ;D

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on May 05, 2008, 10:00:36 PM
Gordon Freeman calls C2C

This
is
CLASSIC!!!!!

"Portal Technology!"ROTFFLMFAOLFC!

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 05, 2008, 10:16:07 PM
Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on May 05, 2008, 10:00:36 PM
Gordon Freeman calls C2C

Thanks!   Giving the devil his due - I DID laugh with, not at, George at one point.

G: Is he a goverment worker?

C: He looks like one.

G: No personality, right?

;D

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on May 05, 2008, 07:25:15 PM
Quote from: Spikegirl on May 05, 2008, 07:21:34 PM
Of course, the same benefits of reservatrol could be gotten from simply buying reservatrol pills at a health food store. But I guess George prefers his reservatrol in liquid form.

Okay - I love bashing George - but there's that whole "log in our own eye" thing - ya know?  SCREW the pills!  I'll take mine slightly chilled and liquid, thanks.  ;D

Well, at least you're honest! :)

Sorry for the delay; I've been watching the last 2 and a half seasons of South Park.

Sun. May 4th
"Impromptu" Sunday night hosting duties for the Hizzawk.  Don't have much to discuss about this show.  Lionel Fanthorpe and Bruce Burgess talk about their new "controversial documentary" Bloodline.  I think it's based on, or about, the famous legend - Portly Tom Hanks and Some Little French Chick Running All Over The World Looking For A Gay British Dude Who Really Wants To Kill Them Because Jesus Was A Gigolo and the Little French Chick's His Googolplex-Great-Granddaughter That Came To The Future Because There Was a Transvestite At The Last Supper Who Went Underground With Baby Jesus II and Used The Mona Lisa As a Portal - by Charlie Brown.  We hear all about Jesus, Mary Magdalene/Bethany, Merovingians, and get our first Illuminati reference @ 1:45 A.M. EST.

Second and major guest, Colette Baron-Reid talks about intuition, synchronicity, and serendipity-doo-dah.   Maybe it was the subject matter or maybe it was the "Sunday night vibe", but as Randy Jackson says, "I wasn't feelin' it dawg."  We get an "11:11" reference at 3:10 A.M. EST.  George's gem of the night comes when the audibly wired/"caffeinated" Baron-Reid, just after a commercial break, comments on one of the ads where (I think) George is talking about something that helps promote health in various body parts. At the end of her mini-commentary, Baron-Reid adds "How many body-parts are we gonna talk about?" and then continues right back on topic. 5 seconds into her topical sentence, George let's out "Hehehehehe" - the ol' whiplash snicker. Why you sly dirty little NightHawk you!

Mon. May 5th
Totally missed Jim Berkland's earthquake update in the first hour due to South Park.  Missed most of Al Bielek too, but caught some of the tail-end of the interview.  The Philadelphia Experiment/Montauk Project/Project Rainbow stuff is sort of interesting, but so much has been supposedly debunked, and I just don't find the spokesmen/people for these theories believable.

Scientific Reasearcher Richard Shafsky is the main man of the night.  Crystal Skulls are the main course, and I learned a lot about them, whew! The have strange reaction to light and music and they are stargates and "quantum tools". They were/are basically ancient hard-drives and the skulls together formed an interstellar Galaxy-Wide-Web. The skulls are windows to the past - Shafsky has seen: Ancient Egyptian Pyramids with Crystals on top with ETs and UFOs chilling in the vicinity, Ancient Giants that Mayan priest did ritual crystal skull battle with, other planets, Pangea and later stages of continent distribution.  We learned of genocide against the Mayans in the 70's and how the Mayans had to run a covert night-time spec-ops mission to retrieve a crystal skull from of the desk of a former Mexican President. We got our first Mayan Calendar/2012 reference @ 2:24 A.M. EST, and our first Pat Boone reference @ 2:28 A.M. EST.(camazotz!).

George's Gem of the Night comes when he asks "Do you think these skulls could be used as weapons?", and I'll tell you why it's a gem.  Shafsky offers up some weak-ass preachy reasoning why that probably wouldn't happen, HOWEVER!!! 1.) Earlier in the night Shafsky already told us how Mayan priest would use the skulls in their battles against giants. 2.) The most famous of the crystal skulls, the Mitchell-Hedges skull is nicknamed "The Skull of Doom" because of it's negative effects on anyone that handles it. 3.)Anna Le Guillon Mitchell-Hedges, current deceased proprietor of "The Skull of Doom", claimed she was told by surviving Mayans that the skull "was used by the high priest to will death". AND 4.) Even if you throw out points 1, 2, and 3, does anyone know what it's like to get hit in the head with a 175 cubic inch piece of quartz crystal?

Please excuse any spelling and/or grammar errors. I'm drained and I only have an hour to recharge before I go "back into the jungle".

wtf happened to this show?  i used to listen 2-3 nights a week due to my restaurant job - late nights, entertainment after dark.  tuesday's show
is a farce.  i'm in progress, and the priorities are totally out of wack.  interesting ufo information for the FIRST HOUR, and then what amounts to
an infomercial for the three hour segment.  WTF?  hey, i know you all tune in to hear about cryptos and visitors and obes, but lets schill this
asshole's book, because he can only be on dr. phil during the DAYTIME.  it reminds me of a few years ago when noory had susan powter (STOP THE INSANITY) on, but at least it was just for the first hour.  i remember at some part of the interview with her noory said something like
: hey...don't you have pink dreadlocks?....heh heh.  that's neat.

Quote from: octopusinkfoot on May 07, 2008, 12:21:23 AM
wtf happened to this show?  i used to listen 2-3 nights a week due to my restaurant job - late nights, entertainment after dark.  tuesday's show
is a farce.  i'm in progress, and the priorities are totally out of wack.  interesting ufo information for the FIRST HOUR, and then what amounts to
an infomercial for the three hour segment.  WTF?  hey, i know you all tune in to hear about cryptos and visitors and obes, but lets schill this
asshole's book, because he can only be on dr. phil during the DAYTIME.  it reminds me of a few years ago when noory had susan powter (STOP THE INSANITY) on, but at least it was just for the first hour.  i remember at some part of the interview with her noory said something like
: hey...don't you have pink dreadlocks?....heh heh.  that's neat.

That's actually the sucky-thing for me listening to tonites show.  I actually knew when I first saw a few of days ago that it was John Gray, that is was gonna be this type of interview.  He actually did have Dr. Gray as a first hour guest a couple of weeks ago.  It was informative, but to have almost a whole show of it?

Tonights show really sucked as far as I'm concerned, so you will find no enthusiasm here, Friend. I'm not your Friend, Buddy. I'm not your Buddy, Guy.  I'm not your Guy, Friend.

Tues. May 6th
Christian Wilde starts off by giving us some tips on cardiac health, care, and genetics w/ a specific focus on the ladies. Richard C. Hoagland pops in to mention black holes and announce that "Hill-Dog" pulled out the Crisco and squeezed out a win in IN-DI-AN-A.  Noe Torres and Ruben Uriate speak about "The Other Roswell" - UFO crash in Mexico.  Kind of interesting stuff but I wasn't feelin' it.

Dr. John Gray, P.H.D., took us on a 3 hour info-mercial the rest of the way.  There was SOME decent health-related info, but not much. Just enough to entice you to buy some of his stash from his website. The stuff I saw, WAYYYYY overpriced.

There was no George's gem tonite - IT SUCKED. However you can check out the thread titled "WOW DID HE EVER SUCK TONIGHT! May 6/7" by Zaqir to see what could possibly qualify as a gem on the complete dud of a night.

One thing to note, ABC news did some fancy editing while commenting on Jason Castro's poor performances on tonights episode of American Idol.  They played a clip of him forgetting the words while performing his second song, Bob Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man, but used Simon Cowell's critique of his first performance (Bob Marley's I Shot The Sheriff) to answers the question "How did Simon feel about the performance?"  Shame on you ABC.

P.S. - Apologies for this crappy entry.  This personally was the worst night of C2C since I started this endeavour. I'm challenging George! Come on Hawk, step it up!  Get some decent guests and start making the world laugh again!  YOU CAN DO IT!

Disgusted

Why don't we get more new and exciting Loons on C2C?  It's always the same ol' motley crew.

I think it is because unknown loons ARE unknown. They are unpredictable. You have to think on your feet to interview one of those. No cue cards are possible - unless they have a book to promote.

But unknown loons (like Mels-Hole Mel) have no books from which to PREPARE questions. And Noory cannot think on his feet.

Noorys idea of making an interview more interesting is to talk about himself.

Also,smart loons,who have nothing to sell, would probably not find much pleasure in having to(try to) EXPLAIN their ideas to Noory. What would be the pay-off for them?

Not even questions from the phone lines would offer much relief: Screened, dumbed-down sycophants for the most part. Gone are the days when professionals from all walks of life would call in to share their views and questions.

The audience George seems more aware of are his listeners in prison. He mentions them all the time.  No more cops and nurses, or pilots or engineers. Truck drivers rarely call in anymore w/ their strange stories.

Lately C2C has guests on the show who would be more at home on Oprah or Dr Phil.

Wed. May 7th
Missed the "news". Dean Pomerleau, P.H.D., starts off the show with discussions of training (gold)fish and their intelligence. Late in the interview we learn that he also develops collision detection technology for automobiles - would have liked to hear more about that.  Checked out Pomerleau's website, and while brief and not visually enticing, was interesting and covered a variety of subjects.

George then opens the lines for a bit while waiting for the main guest. One caller shares his stories of a man-eating cat that hides in toilet-bowls, and George tries to interview a Blue(-winged?) Macaw.

Russell Targ is the heavy-hitter tonite.  How does one have a new and fresh interview with Russell Targ?  Definetly a smart guy and I love hearing his stories of the old days.  That ol' noggin has a lotta facts inside it. Talks about his life, and some personalities in that life. Targ puts Uri Geller's abilities a bit more into perspective for us, and basically avoids commenting on Ed Dames, which may or may not say something about the integrity of both Targ and Dames.

George's Gem of the Night comes during the early open-lines portion when a caller relates a story of how and elderly neigbourhood lady complained of hearing noises in her house. Deciding to help her out, the caller determines that the "whirring/spinning" noise is coming from the decrepit dirt-floored basement.  When he checks it out, he finds a circular metallic device and concludes that it could be the only source of the noise.  The lady protest the findings, saying that the device is an antique juicer and hasn't been used in over 20 years.  The caller then tells George that when he covertly took the juicer out of the box, he was shocked to find that the electrical cord was frayed, flayed, and had no plug attached. George thanks him for the call and poses this to us - "The big question is why were They running it?.........THEY, hmmmm.."

Thurs. May 8th
Missed most of the "news", AGAIN.  Catching up up on past episodes of this seasons Lost, revisiting some classic South Park episodes, and getting in minor doses of ATHF and Boondocks.

First up, Physicist Walter L. Wagner talks about safety concerns regarding CERN's new LHC super-collider. Wagner posed some interesting questions, but he and his peers-in-agreement seem to forget that super-colliders and their technology is not exactly new and have been around for a little while now.  He also appeared a little backwardly dogmatic when he (seemingly) negatively mentioned some idea that "went against the way we look at physics."  And I thought this was supposed to be science? Charles Fort must be giggling like a school-girl right now.  Our beloved hard-hitting inquisitor channels director Michael Bay and asks Wagner "Is there a possibility that this thing could explode before or when they start it up?"

The rest of the night belonged to Fred Guiterrez and Ari Cohen who were promoting hydrolysis fuel supplementation. This was a pretty cool and interesting interview, which I thought I wasn't really gonna enjoy at first.  We learned much about the process, and development and capabilities of these system when installed in cars. We learned that alternate fuel-source technology has been around for many years - 60 years for compressed air cars, and BMW (I think - he could have said Mercedes though) has had a car that can run fully on hydrogen for 30 years. 

Georges Gem of the Night comes when one of the guests, while describing the actually low miles per gallon rates todays cars, and "hybrids", have as compared with the cars and hybrids of yesteryear, tells that in the mid 90's there was a Dodge Stratus hybrid concept-car that still had engine performance that put it in the 0-60 in 6 seconds class. George, proving that he's the Jay Leno or Enzo Ferrari of late-night radio, hears the stat and replies with an unenthusiastic and mundane "Ehhh, pretty good." (FYI,for a hybrid Dodge Stratus, thats AWESOME)

****Note- There won't be any updates from Friday May 9th till Tuesday May 13th as I'll be abroad and unable to hear the show.  Updates resume with Wednesday May 14th's show here on Thursday morning/afternoon.

Spikegirl

From Snoory's interview with Lee Bauman on February 11, 2008. He was a scientist who had a theory about God and light.

Lee Bauman: ???..Again, based on science.?
Snoory:?Do you think more and more scientists are beginning to believe that??
Lee Bauman:?Ahhh......my own experience is that the sad answer to that question is No. And I honestly don?t understand why, because I feel the arguments are out there. All I can perceive is that they just aren?t reading the scientific literature that?s out there, because it does exist.?
Snoory:?Is there science behind it??

No Snoron. Mr. Bauman has only been basing his entire interview and theory on science. No reason to think THERE?S SCIENCE BEHIND IT. George, could you be any STUPIDER?

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 13, 2008, 09:11:47 PM

Lee Bauman: ???..Again, based on science.?
Snoory:?Do you think more and more scientists are beginning to believe that??
Lee Bauman:?Ahhh......my own experience is that the sad answer to that question is No. And I honestly don?t understand why, because I feel the arguments are out there. All I can perceive is that they just aren?t reading the scientific literature that?s out there, because it does exist.?
Snoory:?Is there science behind it??

When ol' Georgy-boy totally misses the mark with typical GS-BS (Could it have been an ALIEN?) I'm dismayed.  This sort of thing pisses me off completely.  Why? Because he ALMOST had a question worth asking and one I'd want to hear the answer to.  What he should have asked is: "Can you tell us something about the science behind it?"

DAMN!

Back from the peace of my travels and thrown right in to the fire..... Missed some chunks of the show due to computer issues, and I can't say that I'm sorry about it.

Tues. May 13th
I may have been having audial hallucinations, but I'm pretty sure that during the news segment I heard George say that theories are going around that an accident which happened during a cool-down period test of the CERN LHC caused what is called a "anti-quark spree" which is the cause of a Chilean volcanic eruption and the earthquake(s) in China.  It's so refreshing to be back in the real world, let me tell you.

First hour guest, physicist Brian (;D"Austin";D) Greene, discusses science, science fairs, and dismisses concerns about CERN's LHC saying that data and calculations don't support the negative claims of the LHCs detractors. Also stated is that the mini black holes that the LHC may create aren't something that we need to be concerned about.

Second hour has the NightHawk joined by photojournalist and investigative reporter Paola Harris, and everybody's favourite science adviser - HOAGIE!. Harris tells us that her soon to be released book All of the Above will be dedicated to George. Hoagie squeezes in conference dates and upcoming TV show plugs every chance he gets.  The discussion is dominated by NASA's proposed announcement of a discovery by the Chandra X-ray telescope and the announcement by the Vatican that alien life does not go against the teachings of god, with the release of files by the British govt. related to UFO sightings playing a minor role.  It turns into a guessing game regarding what everyone thinks NASA's finding is. George goes for the Binary Star option.  "Hoagie" opts for a life-sustaining planet. Harris, acknowledging her choice is the long-shot, hopes it's extraterrestrials. I've got to give a tip of the hat to the NightHawk for playing it smart and riding the odds like Willie Shoemaker - Amarillo Slim would be proud.

3rd hour, and possibly the rest of the show (I ended up z-z-z-z'ing) featured Dr. Michael Salla and Alfred Webre. Dr. Salla discussed  possibilities of disclosure on ET phenomena by countries due to a recent meeting at U.N. and the Vatican announcement.  I had the computer trouble at this point, and when I got back onto the stream, Alfred Webre was talking about how the Vatican has covered up ET contacts for roughly the last century, and that the Fatima Trilogy/Prophecies and other Virgin Mary miracles are/were really UFO encounters.  The last interesting point I remember hearing was that there is a theory/suspicion going around that Barack Obama was/is an ET contactee.

George's Gem of the Night comes in the second hour when, in response to Paola Harris's hope that NASA has found an alien life-form or relic, George chimes "What if they found the starship from Star Wars!?"

Spikegirl

George's reputation precedes him.
From the Urban Dictionary:

[link to www.urbandictionary.com]

snoron  

A moron that is put-me-to-sleep boring as well

Wow, he's such a snoron, I fell asleep listening to him and woke up dumber!
tags: moron; idiot; ignoramus; boring; bore

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 14, 2008, 02:22:22 PM
Back from the peace of my travels and thrown right in to the fire..... Missed some chunks of the show due to computer issues, and I can't say that I'm sorry about it.

George's Gem of the Night comes in the second hour when, in response to Paola Harris's hope that NASA has found an alien life-form or relic, George chimes "What if they found the starship from Star Wars!?"

I think we should come up with some sort of PRIZE for that one!

BTW - welcome back.

Quote from: EvB on May 14, 2008, 10:11:32 PM
I think we should come up with some sort of PRIZE for that one!

BTW - welcome back.

*blushes*Thanks*blushes*

George's Sci-Fi references at times like those are priceless. George Noory - Bridging the gap between high-science and the common folk.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 05, 2008, 10:16:07 PM
This
is
CLASSIC!!!!!

"Portal Technology!"ROTFFLMFAOLFC!
haha.... portal...  btw... i'm wearing my new coastgab.com t-shirt as i type this.  pictures to follow.  it's such a pleasure to wear this thing.

MV/Liberace!

phan... your show rundowns are truly one of this site's greatest assets.  it's a huge laugh for me each time i read them.  pleeeease keep it up.

Big-Ups to Sherron "Rob Roy" Leggett.......

Wed. May 14th
In the news...."Mini-Ants Terrorize Texas!" - It seems that Crazy Raspberry Ants have run amok in the Lone Star State and exterminators are having trouble in "The War On Formicidae". Hoagie and George discuss the disappointing NASA announcement saying that a remnant supernova didn't warrant a weeks worth of hype prior to the announcement. @ 1:23 A.M. EST, we get or first mention of 2012, AND Hoagie refers to George as "Mr. Emmy Award Winner"  :o. Noory postulates that it was the doings of an overzealous PR exec who got carried away trying to help NASA's image in the eyes of public and politics, and that the exec will get "cooked" down the road for this mishandling of the situation.  Hoagie tells us more about him attending an upcoming Libertarian Presidential conference and announces that in Vatican related news, along with the the prior statement about alien life not affecting belief in God, they have also stated that life on Mars isn't out of the question. You could almost hear Ricky C drooling as he said it.  Hoagie also mentioned something about the "C-3PO/Robotic Head(?)" that has been found on Mars or the Moon(Not sure which) and how it may or may not tie-in with the new Indiana Jones movie and the crystal skulls featured in said film.  George throws Hoagie to the "Lines" ;D, and we get a caller with a theory  :o- The Adam's rib scenario is the first example of cloning & ETs are like Gods because they are fearless and the reason they aren't around anymore is that with the invention of the combustion engine we poisoned the atmosphere, which is the reason we are being urged to "go green" now; So they can return! Whew! :o @ 1:55 A.M. EST a caller provides the first Illuminati reference of the night. Hoagie talks again about addressing the Libertarians at an upcoming conference, and George hits him with this - "You're speaking to the Libertarians for the 2008 election, and you'll finish your speech just in time for the 2012 election!" - ;D hehehe, props to the NightHawk. Finally, Ricky C says he's working on writing some kind of thing about this presidential race and he's calling it The Hyper-Dimensional Election of 2008.

Not much to say about the rest of the show. George is joined by physicist and author Leonard Mlodinow, who educates us about randomness and chance. While Mlodinow was a very interesting and scientific guest, the back and forth was a little tame as George didn't really attempt to challenge the science for the sake of entertainment. Mlodinow said that out of the formats/mediums he writes for, he likes writing for television the least due to constraints and limits presented by the plot-specific focus of the task.  He used the 1961 Roger Maris home run record year as an example to demonstrate the true odds of 'chance", due to the fact that Maris hit way above his average for that year and never really matched it again.  George responds by asking if his stellar, one-time 257 bowling game is also an example of the principle since George's avg was a mere 130 at the time.  We learn about the "Illusion of Causality", and that for us to be 75-80% certain that the best team wins in a playoff series, the two teams would have to play a total of 269 games. George talks about the time he had the mysterious urge to stop at a green light, which saved him from being T-Boned by another car running-the-red at the intersection, and asks Mlodinow if it had to be chance that caused this? "Or could my consciousness have interacted the other driver's consciousness?"

George's Gem of the Night comes early during his chat with Hoagie, and earns him a 5 'Stache honour.  Hoagie, trying to convince George and the audience of the dire seriousness of the point he was making, rhetorically asks the NightHawk "Why am I going to a Libertarian conference to discuss whether or not we need NASA?" George answers - "Probably because they're giving you a free dinner." CLASSIC.

***Note- For those who don't know, don't realize, or just aren't quite sure yet, "Hoagie" AND "Ricky C" both refer to Richard C. Hoagland

Spikegirl

Phan, love those recaps! Keep it up! They remind me of the t.v.  show recaps at televisionwithoutpity.com

8) ;D

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 15, 2008, 07:28:23 PM
Hoagie and George discuss the disappointing NASA announcement saying that a remnant supernova didn't warrant a weeks worth of hype prior to the announcement.
Richard C. Hoagland is less about science and more about getting attention. An admitted hoaxster and completely debunked by the scientific community. Oh yes, he has the credentials... But, not being one of his "Hoagland's Hoagies" and having been verbally assailed as a government "Black Op" by same, his outcry about the NASA release not having anything to do with his invented expectations didn't surprise me. It also showed how far removed he is from the real science of finding out about what is out there.

Leonard Mlodinow, on the other hand, is for real. Although I don't agree with his thoughts on randomness, I earned my doctorate at the same place for the same study. Just goes to show there is plenty of room in science for speculation without a Hoagland.  8)

thanks for your great reviews.