• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Fly By Night

RIP Hogan Hero's star and Family Feud Icon, Richard Dawson

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Fly By Night on June 03, 2012, 10:49:21 AM
RIP Hogan Hero's star and Family Feud Icon, Richard Dawson

i always thought he was such a creepy guy.

Fly By Night

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2012, 12:15:09 PM

i always thought he was such a creepy guy.

Me too. He thought he was such a ladies man

Sardondi

Quote from: Fly By Night on June 03, 2012, 12:40:13 PM
Me too. He thought he was such a ladies man

"Mmmm, give us a kiss, love." Yecchhh!

b_dubb

Ray Bradbury ***sob***

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on June 06, 2012, 10:51:16 AM
Ray Bradbury ***sob***

I actually thought he'd died years ago.
So long, Ray!

Juan

And actually a coast connection - I don't remember who interviewed Bradbury, but I fear it was sNoory.

McPhallus

Quote from: BobGrau on June 06, 2012, 10:54:57 AM

I actually thought he'd died years ago.
So long, Ray!

I remember my alma mater, Eureka College, always making such a huge deal out of the time he once visited.  Fahrenheit 451 was good stuff.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: b_dubb on June 06, 2012, 10:51:16 AM
Ray Bradbury ***sob***

Ninety-one and he was still writing daily.  What a loss. 

McPhallus

Bob Welch, former Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist and solo artist, dead at 66 of an apparent suicide.

Bummer.  Shooting yourself in the chest is a shitty way to go.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/06/bob-welch-dies-former-fleetwood-mac-guitarist-ebony-eyes-singer--1.html

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on June 07, 2012, 05:16:39 PM
Bob Welch, former Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist and solo artist, dead at 66 of an apparent suicide.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/06/bob-welch-dies-former-fleetwood-mac-guitarist-ebony-eyes-singer--1.html

take a look at his wikipedia article.  it will give you YET ANOTHER reason to hate the rock and roll hall of fame.  a fucking lame organization, that collection of humanity.

Wild Card Guy

Add me to the list of those who thought Ray Bradbury had already passed away. "Fahrenheit 451" is one of my favorite books - the man really had a prophetic grasp of the future - read the book and then lift your nose from its pages and take a good and hard look around you.

“With school turning out more runners, jumpers, racers, tinkerers, grabbers, snatchers, fliers, and swimmers instead of examiners, critics, knowers, and imaginative creators, the word 'intellectual,' of course, became the swear word it deserved to be.” - Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

“The books are to remind us what asses and fool we are. They're Caeser's praetorian guard, whispering as the parade roars down the avenue, "Remember, Caeser, thou art mortal." Most of us can't rush around, talking to everyone, know all the cities of the world, we haven't time, money or that many friends. The things you're looking for, Montag, are in the world, but the only way the average chap will ever see ninety-nine per cent of them is in a book. Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore.” - Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

I also loved the 1966 film version directed by François Truffaut and starring Julie Christie.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: McPhallus on June 07, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

Loved and love Fleetwood Mac. Sad news.

b_dubb

I love the scene in Fahrenheit 451 where Montag's captain explains why they have to burn the books. The. He holds up a copy of Mein Kampf and says reluctantly "All the books". It's subtle and I suppose a lot of people miss it. But a brilliant detail.

Harmness

Quote from: MV on June 07, 2012, 10:32:59 PM

take a look at his wikipedia article.  it will give you YET ANOTHER reason to hate the rock and roll hall of fame.  a fucking lame organization, that collection of humanity.

I just don't get it, and I've never understood why any rock star would give one-tenth of a shit about being inducted into it, yet they all seem to show up and mumble something about "it's an honor."  The real rock and roll thing to do would be to show up three hours late, drunk, and piss all over the stage.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Harmness on June 08, 2012, 04:57:48 PM
The real rock and roll thing to do would be to show up three hours late, drunk, and piss all over the stage.

amen.

Jasmine

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on June 08, 2012, 09:40:32 AM
“With school turning out more runners, jumpers, racers, tinkerers, grabbers, snatchers, fliers, and swimmers instead of examiners, critics, knowers, and imaginative creators, the word 'intellectual,' of course, became the swear word it deserved to be.” - Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

“The books are to remind us what asses and fool we are. They're Caeser's praetorian guard, whispering as the parade roars down the avenue, "Remember, Caeser, thou art mortal." Most of us can't rush around, talking to everyone, know all the cities of the world, we haven't time, money or that many friends. The things you're looking for, Montag, are in the world, but the only way the average chap will ever see ninety-nine per cent of them is in a book. Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore.” - Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

I also loved the 1966 film version directed by François Truffaut and starring Julie Christie.

LOVE "Fahrenheit 451" - both the book and the 60's film. Bradbury was quite the prolific writer, right up there with Orwell and Huxley. The world he envisioned in the book exists all around us today - large screen televisions showing endless, mindless crap; a pill popping populace who are the walking dead; wonderful books sitting and gathering dust on shelves, never to be opened by far too many people.

So long, Mr. Bradbury.

bluth co.

Quote from: MV on June 07, 2012, 10:32:59 PM

Disgusting. Why is the rock and roll hall of fame so needlessly arrogant?

McPhallus

Quote from: b_dubb on June 17, 2012, 03:19:40 PM
hope it wasn't murder. damn glad I don't live in LA

Can't we all just get along?

Oversoul

Quote from: b_dubb on June 17, 2012, 03:19:40 PM
hope it wasn't murder. damn glad I don't live in LA

QuoteKing was found around 5:30 a.m. Sunday at the bottom of the swimming pool at his Rialto, Calif., home.

His death at age 47 is being treated as an apparent drowning and there are no signs of foul play, but Capt. Randy De Anda said autopsy results would be needed to determine whether drugs or alcohol were a factor.

The autopsy is set for Monday.

De Anda said King was only in the water three to four minutes between the time his fiancee called 911 and when officers arrived and pulled him from the water. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:11 a.m. ...

Sandra Gardea, King's next-door neighbor said that around 3 a.m., she heard music and someone "really crying, like really deep emotions. ... Like tired or sad, you know?"

"I then heard someone say, `OK, Please stop. Go inside the house.' ... We heard quiet for a few minutes. Then after that we heard a splash in the back."  (Excerpt from: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=8705200)

As I had written about the news of his death in another thread: Now, what was that life all about?  :-\

Oversoul

Quote from: McPhallus on June 17, 2012, 04:15:48 PM
Can't we all just get along?

"Can we all just get along? Can we all just get along in peace?"  That's what he said he wanted on his tombstone, in an interview not long ago.  (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=8704634)   Little did he know.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Harmness on June 08, 2012, 04:57:48 PM
I just don't get it, and I've never understood why any rock star would give one-tenth of a shit about being inducted into it, yet they all seem to show up and mumble something about "it's an honor."  The real rock and roll thing to do would be to show up three hours late, drunk, and piss all over the stage.
Thank you. John Lydon is one of the few who treated the event/organization as nothing more than a sham. Hasn't Cleveland suffered enough, now they have to be the host of that mausoleum of Jann Wenner's vanity. It's pure establishment crud, everything rock and roll wasn't supposed to be.