• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 04, 2016, 12:23:30 PM
Like... if I wrote it?

"Love Art". ..."Enough said"

Will tongues be involved? Mild falacio?  Gratuitous fawning and supine obsequious behaviour?

The editor asked.

ItsOver

Quote from: akwilly on December 04, 2016, 10:59:21 AM
I wonder if this is all a ruse to get Art a reality show
Maybe he's just jealous of Noory and wants an "Art Bell Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium" thread stickied on BellGab, with a poll at the top "Is Art Bell a Drama Queen?," with responses of "yes" and "yes."

ItsOver

Quote from: brigâ,,¢Â©2015 on December 04, 2016, 11:01:59 AM
Starts imagining what "The Life and Times of Art Bell" Documentary will be like...  :-\
Ghost-directed by "anything-for-a-few-bucks" Noory, of course, with lots and lots of "Ancient Alien-style" commentary from Jorch.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on December 04, 2016, 01:33:59 PM
Ghost-directed by "anything-for-a-few-bucks" Noory, of course, with lots and lots of "Ancient Alien-style" commentary from Jorch.

Foreword by Hoagland:

"It was always my intention to be the science advisor to many late night talk show hosts...."

ItsOver

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 01:37:03 PM
Foreword by Hoagland:

"It was always my intention to be the science advisor to many late night talk show hosts...."
Hehehe.  Thanks, Mr. Bell, for bringing us joy once again, no matter how unintended.  :D

Tinfoil_Helm

Link to this dumb Savage shit?

Art is taking his family away from a "mess" on YouTube?  Take them where there's no wifi or 3G service?

dan7800

Who here still listens to old Art shows?

chefist

Quote from: dan7800 on December 04, 2016, 07:24:06 PM

I do...2-3 times a month on average...

ItsOver

I don't.  The thrill is gone.

http://youtu.be/BPlsqo2bk2M

dan7800

Quote from: ItsOver on December 04, 2016, 07:37:52 PM
I don't.  The thrill is gone.

After he quit Sirius, it took a few months for me to be able to listen to old shows. A year later, I still cannot listen. I have a feeling it was the last straw for most people here.

If Art said he was coming back again, I bet he'd have about 10% of the backing he had before.

Quote from: dan7800 on December 04, 2016, 07:40:26 PM
After he quit Sirius, it took a few months for me to be able to listen to old shows. A year later, I still cannot listen. I have a feeling it was the last straw for most people here.

If Art said he was coming back again, I bet he'd have about 10% of the backing he had before.
That's pretty much how I feel. I could only cheerlead but for so long before it left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a shame he had to go out like that. He could have gone out on top.

mikuthing01

Art is dead to me he is now a lolcow

chefist

I still listen to some of my favorite old shows...Art's flakiness and multiple "quitenings" does not diminish the appeal of those nights back in the 90's for me.

albrecht

I do, especially when a "new" one pops-up. But even relisten to shows I've heard before. Sort of Hendrie-like, I still like them even if I heard. And also sort of nostalgia, I guess, but funny because on the non-guest (and even then often) it is the SAME issues being brought up as now, with sometimes different people but often the same. Immigration, guns, "warming" earth changes, end-of-the-world, UFO, Clintons, gun-grabs, conspiracies, etc, aside from G2Gs though I find the ghost and psychic stuff/predictions don't hold up for listening- though the caller NY prediction lines are sometimes funny to hear now. Certain shows like with Malachi Martin, Dallas Thompson, Madman, Mel,  etc always hold up though only once a year since already heard. Even RCH shows are good with him, and when LMH is featured. Funny stuff. Always "breaking news" and Art often has to calm them down or 'can't see,' at least initially, what RCH is fretting about.

After he quit Sirius, it took a few months for me to be able to listen to old shows...

I never got around to listening to any MITD shows, just wasn't interested.

Lilith

I've moved on.  I appreciate the years of listening, but times have changed, and there's just so much relevant stuff out there that I'm interested in, that I can't even keep up with it all.

damon

Quote from: brigâ,,¢Â©2015 on December 04, 2016, 08:40:44 PM
I've moved on.  I appreciate the years of listening, but times have changed, and there's just so much relevant stuff out there that I'm interested in, that I can't even keep up with it all.
I agree with you Brigâ,,¢Â®2015, I also have moved on. Its was hard for me to listen to the old shows of Art now its just makes me sad. I just moved on and I do listen to Clyde Lewis and I only listen to Heather Wade's show if I what to prank call her show. Noory's show sucks.

Friendship Brigâ,,¢Â®

Jackstar

Perhaps from this core group of die-hards that still congregate here. The rest of the world would suck it down. Suck it down long, and suck it down hard.

There is no competition. And once the wall is built, that will keep stalkers at bay.

They probably already have the launch date set. Listen to me now, believe me later, et cetera, et cetera.

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on December 04, 2016, 01:33:59 PM

I assume the title refers to how Dave's guests describe their interview experience

WOTR

Quote from: TigerLily on December 05, 2016, 01:23:29 AM
I assume the title refers to how Dave's guests describe their interview experience
;D

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 04, 2016, 12:40:53 PM
Will tongues be involved? Mild falacio?  Gratuitous fawning and supine obsequious behaviour?

The editor asked.

You need to brush up on "falacio" [sic]

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on December 05, 2016, 01:28:23 AM
You need to brush up on fellatio [sic]
Sister TigerLily!!! :-*

Where the hell you been??? >:(

So happy you are back! ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: StarrMountain (Vanguard Member Since 2010) on December 05, 2016, 01:40:01 AM
Sister TigerLily!!! :-*

Where the hell you been??? >:(

So happy you are back! ;D

Thanks, Sis. You look lovely in your winter wonderland

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on December 05, 2016, 01:44:52 AM
Thanks, Sis. You look lovely in your winter wonderland
Thank you kindly. ;)

Greetings Sister Tiger. :)

Good to see you again.

TigerLily

Quote from: /dev/null on December 05, 2016, 01:53:15 AM
Greetings Sister Tiger. :)

Good to see you again.

Hi Brother dev  :-*

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TigerLily on December 05, 2016, 01:28:23 AM
You need to brush up on "falacio" [sic]

Can I be an observer? A lot has happened since you recklessly abandoned us.

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 05, 2016, 11:45:44 AM
Can I be an observer? A lot has happened since you recklessly abandoned us.

My quasi-health practitioner told me I had reached toxic levels of Bellgab and required an emergency 28-day detox including colloidal gold (silver wasn't potent enough), arctic chaga and tons of toomeric. But on day 25 I've decided I prefer dirty to purity.

Missed you too, sweetie