• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Podcast

Started by astroguy, January 04, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on March 04, 2015, 01:59:05 PM
Understatement in what way?

In not being (as you said) abrasive to the protagonists; but not saying it, says it..

Does that make sense?  ;D

astroguy

Quote from: MV on March 04, 2015, 02:07:29 PM
Having said that, it seems like you are reading from a script during the show, and I think I'd enjoy the show even more if you just freely spoke around bullet points.
Thank you.  And, I tried that with the first few episodes.  The problem is that I have a really crappy short-term memory, and I was always going back and adding things I forgot to say.  It became untenable in terms of editing time.  And, by writing it out, I can provide transcripts AND a specific record of what I said in case of lawsuits.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 04, 2015, 02:11:52 PM
In not being (as you said) abrasive to the protagonists; but not saying it, says it..  Does that make sense?  ;D
Yup. :)  Definitely tried to understate things in ep. 127; 128 might be even more-so, but at the same time, Courtney's own statements will doom him (I think) without me needing to add commentary.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: astroguy on March 04, 2015, 02:16:43 PM
Thank you.  And, I tried that with the first few episodes.  The problem is that I have a really crappy short-term memory, and I was always going back and adding things I forgot to say.

that all makes sense.  however, if you tried going back to that delivery, i think you'd get better as time went by.

pate

Of all the randomness podcasting out there, this has piqued my interest.

I admit, I have not yet listened.  You, sir, are 'on the list.' 

That is a good thing, a list to be listen'd to, paid attention to...  My worthless list might gain you one quarter of a dollar at worst...

I haven't listened to a word yet, I am saving that for something speshul, perhaps when a certain radio host goes off air?  nah, I plan to get to it sooner than that.  Yours sounds intel, like a John Batchelor Show focused on space, and I like that...

If I am incorrect in any of my assumptions, please carry on.  My standards are held high, but the bar of performance is set low for a primary reason no-one (not even your esteemed self) could possibly guess!   Hah!  I look forward to listening!  Ignore my complaints when I do!

Cheers!

astroguy

Great Comet Hale-Bopp,
Part 2: On remote viewing
The comet's partner.

Episode 128, "The Saga of Comet Hale-Bopp and its Fugacious Companion, Part 2," has been posted.  This episode focuses on the remote viewing claims.

wr250

Quote from: astroguy on March 14, 2015, 09:08:09 PM
Great Comet Hale-Bopp,
Part 2: On remote viewing
The comet's partner.

Episode 128, "The Saga of Comet Hale-Bopp and its Fugacious Companion, Part 2," has been posted.  This episode focuses on the remote viewing guessing claims.
since ed dames has yet to be right, i fixed your post.

astroguy

Quote from: wr250 on March 15, 2015, 07:43:32 AM
since ed dames has yet to be right, i fixed your post.
Ed only got mentioned once, at the beginning.

Yorkshire pud

Another entertaining/informative podcast Stuart.. Thanks.  :)

astroguy

Great Comet Hale-Bopp,
Part 3: The cult members' death
And continued bull.

Episode 129, "The Saga of Comet Hale-Bopp and its Fugacious Companion, Part 3," has been posted.  This episode focuses on the remote viewing claims.

astroguy

The Iv'ry Tower
Of science: Who can get in,
And who remains out?

Episode 130, "Dealing with Pseudoscience at Scientific Conferences," has been posted.  This episode focuses on the remote viewing claims.

pate

Quote from: astroguy on May 03, 2015, 12:09:56 AM
Blood moons, science cash,
And spacecraft conspiracies
Are topics du jour.

Episode 131, "Clip Show #3: Blood Moons, Ceres' Bright Spots, MESSENGER's Death, and Funding in Science Follow-Up," has been posted.

I love it, not to derail:

(astroguy, you seemed haikuish (sp) in that response...

I dig this from the trash, I am half grayed out...

Moved Talking Art
I mean, Bell Podcast Youtube...
Screenshot will suffice.

Aopologies astroguy!

Yoursa isa da besta!

typoerror

Thankz astroguy
Not downloaded as many as I should have and will remedy. The notes are invaluable.
No one, not even the Hoagster can twist my melon now, not with  an EPA Podacst on my smartish phone. I just wish i had a little defence against the increasing hoards of flat earth, no satellitist  their powers are not as  RCHs' but they are strengthening.
I would like to see the Astroguy oppose and by opposing end them. 

astroguy

Thanks.  I do plan to do another flat earth episode in the somewhat near future.

onan

Quote from: wr250 on May 26, 2015, 12:16:01 PM
we dont even have a planet 9 anymore.

Star and Nancy L disagree with this thread and are going to ning us. Just a warning... but, you heard me, NING us.

wr250

Quote from: onan on May 26, 2015, 12:19:22 PM
Star and Nancy L disagree with this thread and are going to ning us. Just a warning... but, you heard me, NING us.

they calling the knights who say ning?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on May 26, 2015, 12:19:22 PM

Onan my friend; You're more than a match for mere fruit loop conspiracy theorists. Just gird your loins, breath deeply and look the mic in the eye. You'll do it man...trust me.

Paradox

Not Found The requested URL /shownotes_134.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at podcast.sjrdesign.net Port 80

:(

astroguy

I am looking into it.  I have a big fear that when I was mucking around earlier today with FTP, I may have deleted the entire public_html directory.  Which might not be backed up except on my home account.  I have 8 minutes until the help chat comes on.  I'm really hoping it didn't dump everything, because I had a lot of other stuff on there ...

Quote from: astroguy on June 23, 2015, 01:42:02 PM
I am looking into it.  I have a big fear that when I was mucking around earlier today with FTP, I may have deleted the entire public_html directory.  Which might not be backed up except on my home account.  I have 8 minutes until the help chat comes on.  I'm really hoping it didn't dump everything, because I had a lot of other stuff on there ...

I sincerely hope not.  That was full of good stuff.  I was waiting for a big block of time to read it all.

astroguy

The help person's first statement after confirming who I was was a 2¶ attempt to sell me on a premium account.

astroguy

Should be back up now.  Huge sigh of relief that it looks like things were backed up at least in the last few days.

Quote from: astroguy on June 23, 2015, 02:32:17 PM
Should be back up now.  Huge sigh of relief that it looks like things were backed up at least in the last few days.

Good to hear, astroguy.  It still sounds like a major headache though.

astroguy

Yes.  They restored from the weekly backup, so I've uploaded the remaining files now.