• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151029 - Neil deGrasse Tyson - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 29, 2015, 04:28:00 PM

ShayP

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 29, 2015, 10:28:19 PM

Even though NDT is being defensive about it, he's far less annoying than Seth Sleestak.

that looks like Steven Greer.

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on October 29, 2015, 10:25:14 PM
only problem with that thinking is..just cause we recently though of it..doesn't mean, if aliens, they hadnt thought of it already..not that i think its aliens lol

What I am saying is it very well could be an alien megastructure. Call it a possible ring of floating interstellar cloud cities. Dump the Dyson sphere dogma.

zmbabwe

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 29, 2015, 10:26:34 PM
Explain San Francisco then. ;)

Companies like uber and airbnb openly flout government regulation.  Tech companies are run by people who love Ayn Rand.

trostol

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 29, 2015, 10:29:00 PM
I hate to say it but I agree with this one.  I know Tyson has a large following which is good for the show but I was hoping all of this week's shows would be spooky stuff.  But you know, Tyson is a big get which is what Art needs in the early days of his show.

i will agree with you on timing..seems a bit..off

inuk2600

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 29, 2015, 10:28:24 PM
Haha yes long before they built dyson swarms they would have been consumed by nanobots.

Haha Bingo

=Schlyder=

Could it not be a star that is surrounded by a forming solar system? 

Zenman

Quote from: zmbabwe on October 29, 2015, 10:24:02 PM
Young tech kids are much more libertarian than liberal.

Interesting theory. They may be the only libertarian subset tho.

Quote from: TigerLily on October 29, 2015, 10:27:00 PM
Some people are NEVER happy here

Come now TigerLily, how does this fit in with Dead Air week? It's a good show so far, but I'd much rather be listening to something creepy... There's a special kind of charm listening to Art in late October, this could have waited.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: zmbabwe on October 29, 2015, 10:29:42 PM
Companies like uber and airbnb openly flout government regulation.  Tech companies are run by people who love Ayn Rand.

yeah but dude, once again, Redditors do not comprise a tech company.  Believe it or not.   :)

Kolchak

I hate to say it but I agree with this one.  I know Tyson has a large following which is good for the show but I was hoping all of this week's shows would be spooky stuff.  But you know, Tyson is a big get which is what Art needs in the early days of his show.

Scheduling. I'm guessing Tyson is a little busier day-to-day than a ghosthunter.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 29, 2015, 10:23:44 PM
So some civilization at least 1400 years ago built something that was thought up on earth 55 years ago? Postulate a magastructure all you want. Dyson spheres are a thought based on 1960s futuristic thinking. Not science

This isn't, you know like my opinion or something....it's literally what the head scientists (which Neil is not one of) studying this are saying now. Maybe read a few articles or watch what Michio Kaku has said

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 29, 2015, 10:28:19 PM

Even though NDT is being defensive about it, he's far less annoying than Seth Sleestak.
Are you sure that's Seth? Steven Greer?

Barfly

Quote from: trostol on October 29, 2015, 10:30:12 PM
i will agree with you on timing..seems a bit..off
It may be the only time his schedule was open, he is a hard person to get.

AppealPlay

Anyone going to call Tyson out on being a mean baby to Pluto?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 29, 2015, 10:31:21 PM
Come now TigerLily, how does this fit in with Dead Air week? It's a good show so far, but I'd much rather be listening to something creepy... There's a special kind of charm listening to Art in late October, this could have waited.

Yeah, I was kind of looking forward to a truly creepy guest tonight as well...  I'm guessing Art had to get him in because of a scheduling issue.  Tyson is a pretty big league dude.

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 29, 2015, 10:28:24 PM
Haha yes long before they built dyson swarms they would have been consumed by nanobots.

Silly, the dyson swarm is nanobots.

TigerLily

Hi Grav. I saw your suggested question for me and I appreciate your faith in my science. But I've never heard of Cruithne or even how to pronounce it (kreen-yeh per Wikipedia) so did read about it but think it would be much better if you called in with that question  :)

analog kid

I was going to say something about how people on the right aren't supposed to like NDT, for reasons I can't recall (probably has something to do with climate change), but that's a better point.

trostol

Quote from: Barfly on October 29, 2015, 10:32:44 PM

could be...

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Barfly on October 29, 2015, 10:32:44 PM

HAHA GMTA DUDE! 

SaucyRossy

So, in the past Art would have ghost to ghost and that's it for Halloween. Yes he'd have other spooky type shows, but he never had theme specific weeks. So you're disappointed that he hasn't done something, that he's literally never done before.

im happy to be hearing Neil tonight.

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 29, 2015, 10:31:21 PM

umm... because Tyson offers dead, rigid, conventional thinking? Just a guess...