• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road

Started by WeinerInHand, November 22, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

Spookcat

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 25, 2018, 01:30:09 PM
I was down about a week, hence, the upswing in my activity on here. Well, that and...

Good taste! At least with the Redds and the Guinness. Haven't tried that brand of light though.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: spookcat on November 26, 2018, 02:19:02 AM
Good taste! At least with the Redds and the Guinness. Haven't tried that brand of light though.

Yuengling is kind of like Guiness.
However:

WeinerInHand

D.C. and Baltimore had a lot of heavy rain but no snow. About 50F. through both.

Tootsie

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 26, 2018, 11:30:59 AM
D.C. and Baltimore had a lot of heavy rain but no snow. About 50F. through both.

love the pics.. thanks   :)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on November 26, 2018, 11:31:42 AM
love the pics.. thanks   :)

The Big Rock Candy Mountain in Utah.

Somewhere in eastern Utah:

Metron2267

Hey Weiner, did you actually make it into Aspen itself?

Very kewl road pics, I'll take Utah over Albany any day!

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 27, 2018, 11:13:42 AM
Hey Weiner, did you actually make it into Aspen itself?

Very kewl road pics, I'll take Utah over Albany any day!

Nah, just passing through. Yes, the west is more open but Albany isn't that bad - any further east or south and it starts to get messy.

Spookcat

I suppose one positive for truckers is that the department of transportation test to keep the highways as clear as possible in the winter.
You stay safe out there!

starrmtn001

Hey, WeinerInHand.
My ex, was a cross-country driver for North American Van Lines, back in the day.  My Lord, your photos brought back such memories for me.  I rode "shotgun" with him from time to time.  Oh, the stories.  But you know most of them.  ;)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: spookcat on November 28, 2018, 05:52:24 AM
I suppose one positive for truckers is that the department of transportation test to keep the highways as clear as possible in the winter.
You stay safe out there!

They do alright, depending on where you're at. But hey, it's winter, shit happens! I just take it easy and shut down if need be.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: StarrMountain on November 28, 2018, 06:12:00 AM
Hey, WeinerInHand.
My ex, was a cross-country driver for North American Van Lines, back in the day.  My Lord, your photos brought back such memories for me.  I rode "shotgun" with him from time to time.  Oh, the stories.  But you know most of them.  ;)

It gets crazy out here, for sure! I think that's why I don't scrap with people on here that much - I can find plenty of trouble on the road!

ItsOver

Thanks for giving us an alternative to the "An open letter to GS" thread that seems to be about everything other than GS.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 28, 2018, 07:45:56 AM
It gets crazy out here, for sure! I think that's why I don't scrap with people on here that much - I can find plenty of trouble on the road!

LOL, heard that. ;)
Road Prayers for you always, man. ;) ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: spookcat on November 28, 2018, 05:52:24 AM
You stay safe out there!

Amen. :-*

Gd5150

Great stuff. I always wanted to be a long haul trucker.