• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 20, 2018, 07:38:47 PM
Point is, you run a real nice chum slick.

I might have to cal you Quint... ;)

Maybe we’ll compare scars later. ;)

Metron2267

Aye!

Never even needed a teaser...

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 20, 2018, 07:36:57 PM
Eggzactly!

You have to see the audience as a living component of the program and you have to make sure they know they are valued by you even if they are a tad woo woo.

Noory isn't bad at that, though he panders too much for my taste. Art was a past master (no pun intended) at encouraging callers to expose themselves on the air. "Psychological nudity" is what Michael Savage defines it as, and he's right - but there has to be both play and interplay.

The current MITD feels like it could have been recorded at noon. Also I don’t get the point of a live podcast if Schrader isn’t going to do open lines, quickly hangs up on callers that challenge him or the guests, etc. Like why do it live? There is nothing differentiating the show from the hundreds of other paranormal podcast.

Getting radio affiliates would really help with the caller base but they seem unsuccessful at growing the show outside of Schraders previously established base. Darkness radio has a handful radio affiliates. You would think Schrader previously hosting C2C would have helped him land some other affiliates but it hasn’t. I’m sure the show is being ran on a shoestring budget but what they are doing isn’t working. I am not sold at all on Michelle as a producer.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 20, 2018, 10:17:01 PM
The current MITD feels like it could have been recorded at noon. Also I don’t get the point of a live podcast if Schrader isn’t going to do open lines, quickly hangs up on callers that challenge him or the guests, etc. Like why do it live? There is nothing differentiating the show from the hundreds of other paranormal podcast.

Getting radio affiliates would really help with the caller base but they seem unsuccessful at growing the show outside of Schraders previously established base. Darkness radio has a handful radio affiliates. You would think Schrader previously hosting C2C would have helped him land some other affiliates but it hasn’t. I’m sure the show is being ran on a shoestring budget but what they are doing isn’t working. I am not sold at all on Michelle as a producer.

As you insinuated, Dave's not getting a lot of callers since this is an internet radio show.  Hopefully it will expand onto other affiliates  and Dave will have a bigger base to get wanted callers.  He's tried to cajole those of us on Ellgab to call but we're not a talkative bunch.  I plan to call in at some point but it has to be on a subject I'm passionate about.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 10:27:09 PM

As you insinuated, Dave's not getting a lot of callers since this is an internet radio show.  Hopefully it will expand onto other affiliates  and Dave will have a bigger base to get wanted callers.  He's tried to cajole those of us on Ellgab to call but we're not a talkative bunch.  I plan to call in at some point but it has to be on a subject I'm passionate about.

He isn’t going to get affiliates if the show sucks.

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 20, 2018, 05:38:53 PM
>plenty of room for criticism
>get banned within an hour of questioning moderation

Oh, it's your safespace. I'm not surprised you and thirsty gravity keep going on about how daddy left. Keep ignoring those tweets. Your new BO is demonstrably a lying faggot who managed to wrangle, unsurprisingly, the most pliable retards of the lot. Bravo.

Whatever, I don't need a safe space at all. I can handle the criticism, martini, but I don't appreciate how MV treated longtime Bellgabbers with his stunt.    If I had my way, none of you would be banned over on Ellgab but it is not my site and I've criticized Bart because he did ban several of you.   I've never felt handcuffed over there though.  I understand that you have a gripe against Bart and Dave and while I may agree with you on most other things, I'm of a different mindset when it comes to them but go ahead and do what thou wilt. 

Jackstar

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 20, 2018, 10:29:41 PM
He isn’t going to get affiliates if the show sucks.Gorge Snoory is still drawing breath.

He doesn't need to actually have affiliates. It only needs to be plausible that he could keep them.

[attachment=1]

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 10:40:22 PM
I don't appreciate how MV treated longtime Bellgabbers with his stunt.

Maybe you should ask for a refund.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 20, 2018, 10:29:41 PM
He isn’t going to get affiliates if the show sucks.

He's got one in Karen. We'll see how it goes.  I'm optimistic the show will succeed.  There have been some great shows but  I'll confess I prefer the long-form interviews and some of the subjects featured have not been up my alley but that was the same case with Heather and Dave in 1000 times better than Heather.

Quote from: Jackstar on October 20, 2018, 10:41:27 PM
He doesn't need to actually have affiliates. It only needs to be plausible that he could keep them.

[attachment=1,msg1269091]

Maybe you should ask for a refund.

Nah, but he'll never get another dime outta me.

Quote from: Jackstar on October 20, 2018, 10:59:36 PM
https://www.wanttoknow.info/911/black_eagle_trust_fund

I don't think you're clear on how Mockingbird operates. That's cute.

LOL.  I've missed you too, Jack!! :D

Quote from: Liberace! on October 20, 2018, 11:51:19 AM
I'll bet your disappointed wife has to gently pet what's left of your hair each night as you weep deeply into your pillow.  Fuck you and your passive aggression, lady.

LOL. I'm glad I got under your skin.  If it makes you feel any better at night, go ahead and think what you want.  I try to treat others as I would want to be treated but that seems to be beyond your capabilities.  Why did you come back, Lee?  Why did you pull these stunts?  Fuck it.  I don't care.  Have a good life.

P.S.  You're station is too AOR/soft rock.  Bland and boring music.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 10:44:07 PM
He's got one in Karen. We'll see how it goes.  I'm optimistic the show will succeed.  There have been some great shows but  I'll confess I prefer the long-form interviews and some of the subjects featured have not been up my alley but that was the same case with Heather and Dave in 1000 times better than Heather.

Don't hold your breath, it will stay stagnant in regards, to affiliates.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 10:44:07 PM

Schrader has been on KNYE since he took over the show. He hasn’t been able to capture another affiliate to my knowledge.

The  split 3 hour shows don’t work for me either. It’s a bad knock off of C2C, Dave’s actually drawing some comparisons to Noory, in my mind. It’s just another mediocre paranormal podcast right now. The format is stale there is nothing that separates it.

But if you enjoy it that’s all that matters. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 20, 2018, 04:28:38 PM
Good points, as always.  Unfortunately, eraticism comes with the territory and BellGab.  We've all been there before.

LOL,  I know,  It's Over.  I think I've said my piece on this and everybody knows where I stand.  I know Lee is tired of hearing about it and I'm sick of talking about it.  Love all you guys but think I'm going to amscray back to the other place for the time being.  Take care.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 21, 2018, 12:40:40 AM
Schrader has been on KNYE since he took over the show. He hasn’t been able to capture another affiliate to my knowledge.

The  split 3 hour shows don’t work for me either. It’s a bad knock off of C2C, Dave’s actually drawing some comparisons to Noory, in my mind. It’s just another mediocre paranormal podcast right now. The format is stale there is nothing that separates it.

Oh, he's better than Noory.  Hell, Heather is better than Noory.  At least you don't get the same stupid questions over and over again.

The best show that Dave's had since starting on MITD was the Richard Gallagher interview.  That was the best paranormal show that I've heard in several years save for maybe some of Knapp's.

I guess it is hard to find guests of that caliber.  It seems like he had an easier time finding good guests when he was doing the original Darkness Radio show.  I guess maybe because it was real radio and guests were more willing to go on that show.  Dunno.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 21, 2018, 12:13:07 AM
LOL. I'm glad I got under your skin.  If it makes you feel any better at night, go ahead and think what you want.  I try to treat others as I would want to be treated but that seems to be beyond your capabilities.  Why did you come back, Lee?  Why did you pull these stunts?  Fuck it.  I don't care.  Have a good life.

P.S.  You're station is too AOR/soft rock.  Bland and boring music.

You have to dilate that man made vagina how many times a day?

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 21, 2018, 12:50:51 AM
You have to dilate that man made vagina how many times a day?

LOL.  See ya later, dude. ;D ;)

Catsmile

Quote from: Liberace! on October 20, 2018, 11:51:19 AM
I'll bet your disappointed wife has to gently pet what's left of your hair each night as you weep deeply into your pillow.  Fuck you and your passive aggression, lady.

Lee gave me closure when shutting down BellGab on the Spec Sheet. He at least broached the subject, without getting into the details of his business. He owed no one any details, IMO.
# It's Not You, It's ME!

As an adult I know shit happens in life sometimes. I assumed the man had his valid reasons, above pleasing my desire to gossip about Art, Heather, et al.. Websites come and go. The Interwebz has always been that way, from day one.

With that said... Glad 2 see the BellGab back... However long that may be.
# Hair Today Gone Tomorrow.

# Lee Owes ME!
# Art Owes ME!
# GodDamnIt I'm Owed, I Tellz Ya!
# ButtHurt Me Once, Shame On You.
# ButtHurt Me Twice, Shame On Me.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 21, 2018, 12:49:35 AM
Oh, he's better than Noory.  Hell, Heather is better than Noory.  At least you don't get the same stupid questions over and over again.

The best show that Dave's had since starting on MITD was the Richard Gallagher interview.  That was the best paranormal show that I've heard in several years save for maybe some of Knapp's.

I guess it is hard to find guests of that caliber.  It seems like he had an easier time finding good guests when he was doing the original Darkness Radio show.  I guess maybe because it was real radio and guests were more willing to go on that show.  Dunno.

I can't believe you're gonna make me do this..... He's not, better than Noory.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 21, 2018, 12:13:07 AM
I try to treat others as I would want to be treated...

You seem pretty inconsistent in your application of this.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 21, 2018, 12:40:40 AM

But if you enjoy it that’s all that matters. Different strokes for different folks.

I still find it astonishing that a man courting a late night lunatic fringe demographic, got butthurt on air about a conspiracy theory, endorsed censorship, and attacked Alex Jones to virtue signal to retards that will likely never listen to MITD. On fucking campfire tales night, lol. I don't even listen to Alex Jones and that might have been the last show I streamed? I can tolerate a lack of charisma if the guest is interesting, but if you're dumb enough to denigrate a good chunk of your potential audience out the gate? Yikes. It doesn't help matters when you can produce algorithmic npc language from him on cue; he has trouble parsing low level propaganda, but somehow wants to parse cosmic mystery for an audience? Good luck with that.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 21, 2018, 01:47:12 AM
I still find it astonishing that a man courting a late night lunatic fringe demographic, got butthurt on air about a conspiracy theory, endorsed censorship, and attacked Alex Jones to virtue signal to retards that will likely never listen to MITD. On fucking campfire tales night, lol. I don't even listen to Alex Jones and that might have been the last show I streamed? I can tolerate a lack of charisma if the guest is interesting, but if you're dumb enough to denigrate a good chunk of your potential audience out the gate? Yikes. It doesn't help matters when you can produce algorithmic npc language from him on cue; he has trouble parsing low level propaganda, but somehow wants to parse cosmic mystery for an audience? Good luck with that.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 21, 2018, 01:47:12 AM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 21, 2018, 01:39:54 AM
You seem pretty inconsistent in your application of this.

I said I try especially when I am being serious.  Sure I shitposted like many on here but it was all in fun and I really tried not to hurtful to those more sensitive.  A few people came on here and acted like jackasses from the start and yeah I slammed them. 

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 21, 2018, 02:28:44 AM
I really tried not to hurtful to

Though, not hard enough to proofread. It's cool. We get it.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 21, 2018, 02:28:44 AM
I said I try especially when I am being serious.  Sure I shitposted like many on here but it was all in fun and I really tried not to hurtful to those more sensitive.  A few people came on here and acted like jackasses from the start and yeah I slammed them.

shitposting dindu nuffin. i look at it like this; it’s not my job (or anyone else’s) to explain past post(s) to someone whom doesn’t understand the context. especially if the post(s) in question aren’t directed at the confused questioner. i mean, you can be accommodating, sure. however, sometimes individuals are unable or incapable of comprehending simple concepts. so, i choose not to inact the labor.

Metron2267

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 20, 2018, 10:17:01 PM

The drain of talent began when Leo Ashcraft and Amy Martin exited. Say what you may about Asshat, but he had a quirky and interesting delivery and Amy was listenable.

MITD is like a football team in full on rebuild, maybe if they brought Gruden in and traded everything away in ten years they'd be...gone...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 21, 2018, 11:06:22 AM
The drain of talent began when Leo Ashcraft and Amy Martin exited. Say what you may about Asshat, but he had a quirky and interesting delivery and Amy was listenable.

MITD is like a football team in full on rebuild, maybe if they brought Gruden in and traded everything away in ten years they'd be...gone...

Amy was/is good. If only she weren’t so...fragile. :(

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 21, 2018, 11:07:29 AM
Amy was/is good. If only she weren’t so...fragile. :(

Is Amy still around/doing a show or did the ducks eat her?